Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Nigerian Developers & The Code Ninja Syndrome - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Developers & The Code Ninja Syndrome (804 Views)

Why Are Most Nigerian Developers Freelancers? / Here Is What A Foreigner Has To Say About Nigerian Developers / BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Developers & The Code Ninja Syndrome by GateKeeper247: 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
I am only an observer mostly on the programming section i have been on this forum; this section (programming) from the start around 2006/2007 actually it was very rewarding the first install i got of netbeans i got it from someone i met here; we worked on projects together, but lately its been mostly noise; little code to show for it; so if i would advice; which i suggest should be taken with a grain of salt; lets have little noise and more code; Show me the code; I see consultants here who come for gigs worth millions claiming they can bring heaven to earth; whereas they don't know their onions; so at the end of the day nothing gets done; I feel we are quick to say I am a senior developer; i am a guru and all; It is very okay to not know something when you don't please say you don't it doesn't kill you cannot know it all; if there's something you don't know and you know you don't know then you go to learn it as Salman Khan of Khanacademy puts it {you need to know one thing; you can learn anything}. Just try to know problem solving the rest is icing on the cake; some years back the community here was pretty engaging i started java thanks to someone i met here; he is good at the art; Like the saying goes all the good programmers are taken; so I end this on this note; lets keep pushing towards achieving craftsman; which is an endless journey as we must always look for better ways; to improve efficiencies of what we do.

Do give "What it really means to be Junior Developer with Jonathan Barronville" by Scott Hanselman on Hanselminutes a listen.

Good morning Developers.
The GateKeeper.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Developers & The Code Ninja Syndrome by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2015
I guess you have a point, but I haven't really noticed that attitude in this section. But then again, I hardly ever come here grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developers & The Code Ninja Syndrome by Celebrimbor(m): 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2015
you just spoke my mind bro.

(1) (Reply)

I Need An IONIC Developer To Partner With Me On A Project / What's The Cheapest Place To Buy Domain Names? / Wordpress Theme And Plugin Development.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.