Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Association Of Programmers In Nigeria - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Association Of Programmers In Nigeria (21585 Views)

In Need Of Programmers / The 5 Types Of Programmers / The Eight Levels Of Programmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by dipopeter: 7:17pm On Jun 30, 2010
I'll also like to be part of this! keep me posted
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by telema2000: 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2010
my name is lawson datelemate. am a programmer in p/h and i want to form a programming club in p/h that will talk about issues in programming and how we can be able to apply programming in our day to day activities .newbies are alsom invited to join to learn programming practically and its application. the club will also feature magazine where members will post idea,ask questions that borders them on programming matters which will be answered.this in turn will attract visitors from within and outside to contribute,
i hope guys u can join in supporting me in forming this club cool
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by telema2000: 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2010
: my name is lawson datelemate. am a programmer in p/h and i want to form a programming club in p/h that will talk about issues in programming and how we can be able to apply programming in our day to day activities .newbies are alsom invited to join to learn programming practically and its application. the club will also feature magazine where members will post idea,ask questions that borders them on programming matters which will be answered.this in turn will attract visitors from within and outside to contribute,
i hope guys u can join in supporting me in forming this club  cool.my phone no is:07034293710,email:dakoruharry@yahoo.com
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by tundebabzy: 11:50am On Jul 01, 2010
em, have you guys ever heard of a hackathlon?
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by GREATAWOG(m): 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2010
a guy ask for this ,

in qbasic,
if is not too late here is a small code without using array

rem to input data into file student_dat
CLS
OPEN "O", #1, "stud.dat"
CLS
INPUT "EXAMINATION NUMBER"; EXAM
INPUT "NAME OF STUDENT"; NS$
INPUT "SCORE IN MATHEMATIC"; MA
INPUT "SCORE IN ENGLISH"; E
INPUT "SCORE IN CHEMISTRY"; C
INPUT "SCORE IN PHYSICS"; P
WRITE #1, EXAM, NS$, MA, E, C, P
INPUT "ANY MORE DATA(Y/N)", ans$
IF ans$ = "Y" THEN 10
CLOSE #1

rem this is code to add more data into the file stud.dat while open in "O' will erase existing data
OPEN "A", #1, "stud.dat"
CLS
INPUT "EXAMINATION NUMBER"; EXAM
INPUT "NAME OF STUDENT"; NS$
INPUT "SCORE IN MATHEMATIC"; MA
INPUT "SCORE IN ENGLISH"; E
INPUT "SCORE IN CHEMISTRY"; C
INPUT "SCORE IN PHYSICS"; P
WRITE #1, EXAM, NS$, MA, E, C, P
INPUT "ANY MORE DATA(Y/N)", ans$
IF ans$ = "Y" THEN 10
CLOSE #1

REM THIS IS CODE TO PROCECESS A FILE CREATED IN QBASIC
OPEN "I", #1, "stud.dat"
CLS
PRINT
PRINT TAB(25); "ADEOLA GRAMMAR SCHOOL, IKEJA"
PRINT TAB(25); "=============================="
PRINT
PRINT TAB(33); "STUDENT RESULT"
PRINT TAB(33); "=============="
PRINT "=========================================================================="
PRINT TAB(2); "SNO"; TAB(7); "EXAMNO"; TAB(15); "NAME OF STUDENTS"; TAB(35); "MATHS"; TAB(42); "ENG"; TAB(47); "CHE"; TAB(52); "PHY"; TAB(57); "TOT"; TAB(63); "AVE"; TAB(70); "REMARK"
PRINT "=========================================================================="
10 INPUT #1, EXAM, NS$, MA, E, C, P
K = K + 1
TOT = MA + E + C + P
AVE = TOT / 4
IF AVE < 50 THEN
REM$ = "FAILED"
ELSE
REM$ = "PASSED"
END IF
PRINT TAB(2); K; TAB(7); EXAM; TAB(15); NS$; TAB(35); MA; TAB(42); E; TAB(47); C; TAB(52); P; TAB(57); TOT; TAB(63); AVE; TAB(70); REM$

IF NOT EOF(1) THEN 10

CLOSE #1
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by GREATAWOG(m): 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2010
IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ON ORACLE PLATFORM
CONTACT ME ON AWODEBONG@YAHOO.COM OR 08057001784
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Danyl(m): 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2010
I really bliv in the fact that things lyk this wil no doubt generate alot of heat but the basic fact is that anythn is achievable but we have to take care of the foundation because anythn built on stubbles wil be wrecked down in no time.
We can start by making this association a virtual programmers community just lyk freelancer.com and up we go.lets focus more on the developmental aspect first and every other things'll follow.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by onlysose(m): 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2010
visit easyebookz.org for some interesting ebooks on IT
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by BigStar1(m): 9:48am On Jul 09, 2010
How can I come in?

Can anyone give the summary of everything?

What is the central idea of this thread?

Are u trying to acheive something together?
etc
Please gist me.
Cheers!!!
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Tugbaski: 6:36pm On Jul 13, 2010
Instead of putting all our information on here, why dont we have a user group like Aspforum or codeguru for nigerian programmers all over the world, with this we can share ideas and experiences .
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by lojik(m): 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2010
Association of Nigerian Programmers, hmmmmn

You guys are just trying to start another NCS. After some years, some smaller groups will come up again and say ANP doesn't cater specifically for PHP prorammers and then they'll start Association of Nigerian PHP programmers. I'm a member of Nigerian Computer Society and as far as i'm concerned, No association(NCS, CPN of even your ANP) can be saddled with getting jobs for each member or spewing out codes for them or bringing them together to work on one commercial project or the other.

Most of the people clamoring for ANP have not even tried attending any NCS monthly meeting for free talk less of joining and they think NCS does not cater for software developers. Your ANP project does not have a justifiable basis and as such, i cant be part of it.

I feel some ppl just wanna create an avenue of either collecting dues or driving traffic to one new programmers forum under the name of ANP. Most of the programmers here don't even have a personal website (Say for a few) or a commercial software they can sell and they think its NCS fault that they are not getting jobs or not developing.

Na una sabi. everybody wan get forum. [in yoruba]Shio.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2010
@Lojik, What i saw in NCS is a crappy site and an even non existent Association.

Even if it was existent and running, i think it is in place for only Programmers to come together in Nigeria to form an association,
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by lojik(m): 9:18pm On Jul 25, 2010
@Donpuzo,
I said the same of their site before i joined. But shame cant lemme say the same now cos i am a member and i can develop a better site for them but i did not make a move. The people in NCS are I.T people like you and i. If you don't join, there's no way to make it better. The things you dont like about any organisation can best be changed if you join and voice you opinion.
It is existent and it is running and you wont believe how hard the state chapters(at least, i know of Lagos) are working to make sure I.T is reckoned with in Nigeria and to empower the interested members.

Dont 4get that the proposed ANP might suffer the same fate. Its a question of member input, funding and management.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by BigStar1(m): 10:57am On Jul 27, 2010
lojik:

Association of Nigerian Programmers, hmmmmn

You guys are just trying to start another NCS. After some years, some smaller groups will come up again and say ANP doesn't cater specifically for PHP prorammers and then they'll start Association of Nigerian PHP programmers. I'm a member of Nigerian Computer Society and as far as i'm concerned, No association(NCS, CPN of even your ANP) can be saddled with getting jobs for each member or spewing out codes for them or bringing them together to work on one commercial project or the other.

Most of the people clamoring for ANP have not even tried attending any NCS monthly meeting for free talk less of joining and they think NCS does not cater for software developers. Your ANP project does not have a justifiable basis and as such, i cant be part of it.

I feel some ppl just wanna create an avenue of either collecting dues or driving traffic to one new programmers forum under the name of ANP. Most of the programmers here don't even have a personal website (Say for a few) or a commercial software they can sell and they think its NCS fault that they are not getting jobs or not developing.

Na una sabi. everybody wan get forum. [in yoruba]Shio.

I guess knowing you (lojik as a member of NCS) could help me in as well.

I havee been trying to become a member but I need some one to sign for me. Hope u will be able to do that for me. pls send me a mail about how to get it done. bigstar4sure@yahoo.com 08060678106
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by banjo78: 10:56am On Aug 09, 2010
I will like 2 b long 2 d association
Name Adebanjo w
Loc Abuja
Email adebanjowasiu@yahoo.com
M no 08034227567
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by friendehis(m): 11:18am On Aug 09, 2010
I am in full support of the whole idea, But what and when ever you guys need to start, i think barriers should be given an imprtance and crucial consideration here. I mean we all live in different part of the country which call for electronic stuffs like my broda dammytocs quoted, Fuctional web site is one of them

And again like ya-wa-tide quota aims and organisation is a must.

Anyhow when things are ready, please alert me here

Emmanuel Okaiwele
friendehis@yahoo.com

Regards
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by temitop444: 11:44am On Aug 09, 2010
i have really been thinking about nigerians or a group of nigeria programmers developing and droping softwares and applications competing internationally and also making sophisticated applications in all fields. just look at the Goodle, facebook, you-tube and so on. people we are well able and capable.

tosin
C# programmer, can also write programs in c, c++.also Asp.net, javascript, xml,rss.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by turag: 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2010
I've read a lot of posts, and I'm tired of reading. It's time we stop talking and start working. I wanna open a page on facebook, for the association. It will be called Programmers Association of Nigeria(PAN), but I need a vote of support, 10 posts of support b4 I can the facebook group. I need a site developer, versatile in website development, php or html.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by lojik(m): 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2010
I guess knowing you (lojik as a member of NCS) could help me in as well.

I havee been trying to become a member but I need some one to sign for me. Hope u will be able to do that for me. pls send me a mail about how to get it done. bigstar4sure@yahoo.com 08060678106

If u still need me to help you with the ncs form, contact me on my site. u can use d contact form there.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by whizkid10(m): 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2010
Guy am in
HTML,JAVA,ETC.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by SayoMarvel(m): 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2010
@turag I've already created the group (before reading this thread). The name of the group is Intellectual Computer Programmers (ICP). I just created it a few days ago. Please join it and I'll make you an administrator and from there you'll be in control of the group. This is better than creating another group entirely. The group is still fresh. I've not added anything yet so you can customize it to taste. Let me know your Facebook Name so that I can assign you as the Administrator.

Please lets join this group. I'm preparing facebook adverts for it so that it will gain popularity.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by SayoMarvel(m): 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2010
I'm in

Name: Oladeji Oluwasayo
Language: Java
Email: marvelindaclub@yahoo.com
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by purnisher: 11:23am On Sep 08, 2010
If anybody here is a programmer and looking for opportunity send your cv and project experience to careers@nichiesoft.net
You can also check :

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-510190.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-510145.0.html

Thanks
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by SayoMarvel(m): 3:53am On Sep 09, 2010
Hello. I just created a group on facebook called Intellectual Computer Programmers (ICP). Its a platform where programmers meet to discuss software development issues, give and get software development projects/jobs, make contacts with software developers all over the world (actually this was meant to be a Nigerian thing but who says a foreign touch won't come in handy? So its basically Nigerian but foreign applicants will also be accepted), etc. Lets all take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to share with programmers all over the world. To join the group, please click on the link below.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=144596858908693

If you are unable to click the link, please copy it into your browser's address bar and hit the <enter key>.

Its a new group and we are working seriously to get it flying in no time so administrators are wanted. If you are interested in being an administrator for the group, kindly send an email to marvelindaclub@yahoo.com stating your full name, location, profession, programming language, a brief of your programming experience.
We all know that being an administrator means you have the power to do anything (this automatically makes you the owner of the group). So this group is not anybody's group, it is "our group". Thank you.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Baabs(m): 6:53pm On Sep 15, 2010
i support d moving train
Count me in

Babatunde Adeyemo
Lagos
Newbie in programming
adeyemobabatunde@gmail.com
Tanx
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by hkk(m): 11:20am On Sep 17, 2010
yeah i think we all need that, send an emai to me @ elunks@yahoo.com if anthing comes guys
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by snoweghosa: 3:00am On Sep 20, 2010
hello house, i am very impress to come across this very idea, i think this will bring something good out of us Nigerian because it really seems nobody is looking at us programmer, but this idea, if fulfill tell the nation good story and i appreciate the initiator and all the house for buying into this ideal. but as for me i am fully part of it.
but i will like to know which programming language are going to start from,

name: Famous
state: Edo
city: Benin
institute: Auchi Polytechnic, Auch
email: greatfa2@gmail.com
phone: 08037314003

i am good in object Oriented program like Visual Basic
how can we network ourselves together
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by snoweghosa: 3:10am On Sep 20, 2010
hello house, i am very impress to come across this very idea, i think this will bring something good out of us Nigerian because it really seems nobody is looking at us programmer, but this idea, if fulfill tell the nation good story and i appreciate the initiator and all the house for buying into this ideal. but as for me i am fully part of it.
but i will like to know which programming language are going to start from,

name: Famous
state: Edo
city: Benin
institute: Auchi Polytechnic, Auch
email: greatfa2@gmail.com
phone: 08037314003

i am good in object Oriented program like Visual Basic
how can we network ourselves together
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Olashiku: 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2010
its really going to be a good enterprise any1 could venture into.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by kodewrita(m): 3:15pm On Dec 09, 2010
associations in nigeria are worthless and serve no effective purpose. we are not electricians plz.

come together only to learn not for licensing or any similar ish.

You can start by meeting programmers in YOUR AREA and having regular meetings and code hackathons. let it spread from there.

in essence, first create association of programmers in edo (or whatever your own ajegunle is) and then expand from there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kotlin For Android Developers By Antonio Leiva" Ebook(pdf). / Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer / Sayo Oladeji Wins N1m In Programming Contest (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.