Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,077 members, 7,807,225 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster (22099 Views)

Saraki Conducts HBP Test on Dino Melaye At Hospital Inauguration in Yobe (PICS) / Buratai Leads Soldiers On Routine Drills In Abuja (Photos) / Nigerian Army Conducts Successful Raid On Boko Haram Camps In Borno..photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Babysho(m): 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
tit:
ha ha ha ha ha
laff wan kiii me die ooooooo

are these people your relatives?

Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Darlinhercules(m): 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
Nothing will satisfy naija people
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Kinkale(m): 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
We need change but this, this is disaster
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by pTomz(m): 10:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
:-/
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by animalz: 10:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
@ OP

WHY YOU MUMU NA angry

DRILL NA FOR MILITARY PURPOSE TO DEFEND OR PROTECT THE COUNTRY.

YOU CAN'T USE THIS WORD FOR INDUSTRIAL OR NATURAL DISASTER.

INSTEAD YOU FOR SAY " NIGERIA CONDUCT A TRAINING TO COUNTER NUCLEAR DISASTER"

SIMPLE AS A B C D.

NA NOW WE GO KNOW SAY SOME PEOPLE GO SCHOOL FOR INSIDE FARM.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by princejayboss: 10:50pm On Jun 20, 2015
This country Nigeria must be crazy.... What's this .... Do this people this our physics world Is for marine and all that..... Nuclear materials are no jokes that you put primary six school cert holders to ..... We better stop saving cost and do the needful
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by alotofgrace(m): 10:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
TechRev:
You are building Nuclear plant without having steady water supply to your cities. The nuclear reactors need steady supply of water, and in case of a failure or leak you need even more water to contain the damage. Now when you cant supply your cities water, is this not trouble dey sleep yanga go wake am??

Ohh i get it zoological republic of nigeria thinking, Civil defense will use AK47 or M16 contain the disaster. How many of them civil defense are trained in nuclear physics?? Civil defense to contain nuclear disaster how useless can this contraption called Nigeria get??

Pls next time u want to comment, ask ur neighbors to proof read it alright...

All power plants are sited closed or next to a body of H2O..

Is dat clear grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
hucienda:

Great then. Hope the philosophy would be more preventive than reactive.

The proposed plants, if successfully brought to reality, will sure go a long way in solving the country's power issues if properly managed.
grin grin grin grin. I say let the nuclear plant be managed by developed nations like almighty USA, France and UK.
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
TechRev:
You are building Nuclear plant without having steady water supply to your cities. The nuclear reactors need steady supply of water, and in case of a failure or leak you need even more water to contain the damage. Now when you cant supply your cities water, is this not trouble dey sleep yanga go wake am??

Ohh i get it zoological republic of nigeria thinking, Civil defense will use AK47 or M16 contain the disaster. How many of them civil defense are trained in nuclear physics?? Civil defense to contain nuclear disaster how useless can this contraption called Nigeria get??
BE POSITIVE[b]
TechRev:

BE POSITIVE[/b]
TechRev:

BE POSITIVE
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by animalz: 10:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
Humanbeing1st:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, SO u mean ITS MERE CIVIL DEFENSE DAT WANNA CURB NUCLEAR DISASTER IN NIGERIA? WAT A FUCKING COUNTRY DAT NIGERIA IS, OH! LESS I 4GET WAT PART OF D PLANET IS EVEN NIGERIA? A STATE IN WEST GERMANY? CUS DONT KNW DOSE SHITTY NAME HERE IN JUPITER.

I THINK YOU LACK SENSE undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by gbadexy(m): 10:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
davide470:
Water? Nuclear Plant?

Just tired!

he is very correct. the water is heated to give steam that drives turbines. it also helps maintain the temperature or you get explosion.
next time just ask him how he meant for explanation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by sunkoye: 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kinkale:
We need change but this, this is disaster
they probably gonna site the facilities in states that would not be missed in case of disaster. .. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by UnknownT: 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
buodera:

Stop destroying the image of the country
Had it been you caught me looting the country or doing yahoo, rituals or drug peddling then my own image destroying is infinitesimal. Btw how is asking a question image destroying?

psiloader:

Shame on you
Shame on me, for asking question? Are you okay? Or are you one of the NSCDC personnel?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2015
*I laugh in Swahili* Kikokikokikokikokikokikokiko
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by animalz: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2015
TechRev:

MY BROTHER

THE OP MEAN SAY IN CASE LEAK OF RADIATION. NA MILITARY GO OFF THE POWER STATION WITH GUNS AND BOMB AND USE T- TANK AND JET TO STOP THE RADIATION.

BY THE WAY. YOU CAN'T USE WATER TO CONTAIN THE DAMAGE. YOU SEAL IT WITH HELIUM. SO NIGERIA NEED TO LOOK INTO THIS
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by SporaD8: 11:04pm On Jun 20, 2015
smh.
why do we keeps looking for Trouble where none exist?!
Can't someone drum it into this administration hear that nuclear plant is not meant for a corrupt, developing country like Nigeria?
We need to stop romancing disaster in order not to give birth to catastrophe.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 20, 2015
davide470:
Water? Nuclear Plant?

Just tired!

U need water to cool down the reactors .
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
can Nigeria handle the problem that comes with Nuclear power? With the way our institutions are corrupt... money meant to maintain the reactors can get pocketed by one Oga at the top.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by MightySparrow: 11:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
Naijeriya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ordinary water leakages you cannot manage! Koko waste is still fresh in my memory ooo.
Anyway

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by meforyou1(m): 11:24pm On Jun 20, 2015
Nigeria is a joke
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 20, 2015
Darlinhercules:
Nothing will satisfy naija people

It's not that 'nothing ' will satisfy Nigerians, people are just being realistic. There are very basic infrastructures we can't run effectively and some people are talking nuclear? ordinary waterworks, refineries, schools, roads, waste management, etc; we can't run efficiently and we jumping to nuclear power.

Nuclear power isn't complex to run once the initial structure is put in place, the complex bit is managing the waste and having a strong contingent plan for leakages or accidents. You need a new mindset, not this one we used to, that suffers from corruption, greed, selfishness, irrationality etc.

Japan, as wealthy, highly organised and efficient as they are struggled to contain the Fukushima leakages, we can't even run our general hospitals.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by luthorcorp: 11:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
so does dis explain d reason why we havent seen light for over six months now? hmmmm naija,always looking for new names to call old problems
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Btruth: 11:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
I've warned that they should remember the Chernobyl Disaster oooo. angry

It is well sha

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
This is a YIMU something...
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
I don't know why Nigerians should be commenting on news like this. To me, this is no news but only a joke of the century. Never worry, it is just foolish and unrealistic talks from govt. Same way they can come to tell U that Nigeria will launch rocket in year xxxx or send someone to space in year xxxx. These are simply ways of creating awareness to know that civil defense is existing.
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
They better put one plant in Duala and the other one in Otueke.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
There are many other ways to generate electricity other than nuclear. If a country as advanced as Japan could find it very difficult to contain a nuclear disaster how much more Nigeria? Countries like Germany and UK are considering doing away with theirs, is it now that we should be going into it? There is coal, gas, HEP, tides, water waves, wind, solar etc available for us to generate electricity.

What stops us from building more dams, gas plants, coal plants etc etc.
I don talk my own.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by jamst2(m): 11:52pm On Jun 20, 2015
huh! I hope these people are not planning another cherynobl-fukushima...please! We dont want nukes oooo
Re: Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
OnyeIbo:
Hehehehehe, Nigeria is a joke. una never differentiate between hearse and ambulance nor fire gun, grin grin grin grin na to disarm nuclear weapon. All these frenzy about nuclear by this yeye country, I am suspecting that Nigeria will come to an end by a nuclear reaction cool cool cool
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Administration Recalls Abdulrasheed Maina, Wanted Ex-Pension Boss Sacked / ESN Receives Funds From Members In 120 Countries –IPOB / Mother Of Jumoke, "Yoruba Nation" Rally Victim Gets Help From Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.