Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians (82885 Views)

Can I Change My BVN Picture? / CBN Extends BVN Registration For Armed Forces / BVN: No More Deadline Extension, CBN Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by gists: 7:51am On Jun 21, 2015
My annoyance with this new BVN is that I get sick of banks and other institutions asking for details ever 3 years or thereabout. A few years ago, we were told to come for KYC - they think didn't of BVN then. 2 yrs later, we were asked to get NUBAN - again BVN was not in their agenda. Not minding the fact that we were forced to give our biodata to telecoms, driving license, national ID card what stops them from synchronising all the data we have given in the past and just ask people to confirm.
Only God know what will come next. For me as a last-minute-dot-com person, I will wait till 3:30pn on June 29th grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Blackfire(m): 8:22am On Jun 21, 2015
... they are here
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Franzeez(m): 8:39am On Jun 21, 2015
What about we who are not in Nigeria and have money in our account. They should better not try rubbish
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by afuye(m): 8:41am On Jun 21, 2015
Nigeria govt are always asking for new information which turns out to be usesless.

I doubt it if there won't be a call for fresh registration afet two years!
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by blank(f): 8:41am On Jun 21, 2015
ibkgab001:
this afternoon was a bad moment at the ATM SEE THE PICTURES BELOW

Remove the first picture. It contains your PAN. Someone can use it to commit online fraud. They will just buy up all of Konga and Jumia, buy enough credit and leave your account empty. Don't say you were not warned.

4 Likes

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Humblega(m): 8:41am On Jun 21, 2015
I did mine about 3weeks ago but yet to get alert of bvn pin. What can I do?

1 Like

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by afuye(m): 8:43am On Jun 21, 2015
You just made total sense
gists:
My annoyance with this new BVN is that I get sick of banks and other institutions asking for details ever 3 years or thereabout. A few years ago, we were told to come for KYC - they think didn't of BVN then. 2 yrs later, we were asked to get NUBAN - again BVN was not in their agenda. Not minding the fact that we were forced to give our biodata to telecoms, driving license, national ID card what stops them from synchronising all the data we have given in the past and just ask people to confirm.
Only God know what will come next. For me as a last-minute-dot-com person, I will wait till 3:30pn on June 29th grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 21, 2015
benedictnsi:
Pls i wish to know when this BVN will end, i have not done mine yet..... Pls let anyone with a useful info quote me.....

Cos i have a little amount (in DANGOTE'S view) buh big amount that should not be messed up with.

Thanks

30th of june

1 Like

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by kasconi: 8:46am On Jun 21, 2015
Humblega:
I did mine about 3weeks ago but yet to get alert of bvn pin. What can I do?
Just walk into the bank you enrolled and request for it...that's it
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by bedfordng(m): 8:47am On Jun 21, 2015
definitely they will extend it due to the rush as of now
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by ibkgab001: 8:49am On Jun 21, 2015
Thanks sir ... That is why I showed 13 digit out of 19

God bless

2 Likes

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by kasconi: 8:51am On Jun 21, 2015
obyrich:
Please how can I retrieve my BVN? I deleted it mistakenly from my phone.
Go to the bank you enrolled, it will be retrieved for you
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by ransomed: 8:53am On Jun 21, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Time to dig ground don reach be that. Ara gbawakwaa bank nile onu angry

Bia mama nkiru, wetaram ogu na shovel. undecided
::--Bros, you must be joking. Lol....
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by olamirey(f): 8:57am On Jun 21, 2015
This BVN I must confess is a big headache,I did mine in first bank last year,but we were not informed to forward to otherbanks we have accounts in.I needed cash badly before travelling to jos,only to be asked by the ATM to seek advice from my financial institution.I had to travel like that with the hope of collecting it in Jos,behold I got to my stanbic branch,n d crowd was massive,I was on my feet for close to 5hours just to submit my BVN.it was hellish
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Tomjazzy2: 8:58am On Jun 21, 2015
ALISMILE:
Wat in hell is d ops point?
read it again, this time try and put off that cigarette grin

2 Likes

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by GodMode: 8:58am On Jun 21, 2015
bigass:

be ready for New things. BVN is a our Social Security number. In many countries if you dont have this number you cant open account. It is here to stay. i can tell you that even if its postponed,the postponement wont be long

BEAST VERIFICATION NUMBER (BVN)

1 Like

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by SporaD8: 9:00am On Jun 21, 2015
Ayokunle13:
the bvn issue is just another means to disturb people. why is it that we will always have one policy to bring up. thieves know themselves (politicians) why disturbing the labourers (masses). sometimes in this country we have to go against some of their policies or else dem go say make we come collect mark of the beast by force

It beat my imaginations why Nigerians find it hard to do the right thing at the right time.
The Banks did not force you to open account with them and the last time I check, there is no law that stop you from saving your money under the mattress. the BVN is the bank way of securing the investment you put in their trust.
Yahoo boys keep coming up with new ways of scamming people, so it is in the interest of your investment for Banks to keep abreast of the trend.
Stop being an archaic mind, sign up for BVN or any future security update and help reduce scam.

3 Likes

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by golddeejay(m): 9:00am On Jun 21, 2015
The BVN collection process was annoying. I have 3 accts for different purposes ofcus and they all 'forced' me collect BVN to do transaction with them. Is it not suppose to be a BVN for an individual?

2 Likes

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by kujix101(m): 9:01am On Jun 21, 2015
Ruq:

Ok, but that's enough reason why it's cant close, they will always be new accounts to open except we won't haveto get it through the bank.

BVN will be a requirement for account opening. Either you provide your BVN or you get enrolled at the point of account opening.

1 Like

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by amywonda: 9:01am On Jun 21, 2015
If bin is like say, how about the NIN, national identity number
bigass:

be ready for New things. BVN is a our Social Security number. In many countries if you dont have this number you cant open account. It is here to stay. i can tell you that even if its postponed,the postponement wont be long
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by amywonda: 9:03am On Jun 21, 2015
You should get BVN from one bank and take the number to other banks to link it with your accounts there
golddeejay:
The BVN collection process was annoying. I have 3 accts for different purposes ofcus and they all 'forced' me collect BVN to do transaction with them. Is it not suppose to be a BVN for an individual?

1 Like

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Jaabioro(m): 9:03am On Jun 21, 2015
Bank verificatn or whatever they call it would never get close,it is going to be continuous excerse,if it get close what happen to new customers,account and yet to attained the of opening bank account..
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by 2n2k(m): 9:03am On Jun 21, 2015
blank:

Remove the first picture. It contains your PAN. Someone can use it to commit online fraud. They will just buy up all of Konga and Jumia, buy enough credit and leave your account empty. Don't say you were not warned.

Can one do that without knowing the (i) expiry date (which doesn't show in the picture), (ii) cvc (at the back of the card) and (iii) PIN? Many sites even require second security level like token generated number, safetoken or OTP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 21, 2015
BVN is the new Social Security Number.
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by kujix101(m): 9:04am On Jun 21, 2015
golddeejay:

You are not expected to have more than one BVN. You get enrolled in one bank and provide the number to other banks so they can link your accounts to the BVN
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by finestiyke(m): 9:04am On Jun 21, 2015
Franzeez:
What about we who are not in Nigeria and have money in our account. They should better not try rubbish

Are you schooling in France?

1 Like

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by lawlex(m): 9:04am On Jun 21, 2015
Hahahahahah,9ice motivation from c b n,fraudsters try again.
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by golddeejay(m): 9:05am On Jun 21, 2015
Every new thing, policy or technology is a mark of the beast. Christian!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where To Buy Electronics In Germany? / What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.