Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,797 members, 7,802,543 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom (4123 Views)

INEC Can Not Conduct Kogi And Bayelsa Elections: Femi Falana / Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by sammyj: 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
Good to hear. Nigeria is not ready for this white elephant risky project !!! cool
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
The first 2 nuclear plants will be located in Osun State because it is a waste land.

When we show we can manage it properly, then Ogun State will be very ideal.
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by waternogetememy: 5:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Before them start Militant done already finish to they loot their material. Boko hari want to kill non muslim. bastard!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by B69U: 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2015
kelvin100:
The first 2 nuclear plants will be located in Osun State because it is a waste land.
When we show we can manage it properly, then Ogun State will be very ideal.

Seconded, after that let them move it to kano and Maiduguri
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by B69U: 7:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Buhari is a terrorist!
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by bodeloja: 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
The country is not ripe for any nuclear, hope Buhari will listen to reason.
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by tunjion: 7:47am On Jun 23, 2015
Team no nuclear station in Nigeria
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by tunjion: 7:54am On Jun 23, 2015
more nairalanders view

Nigeria's Nuclear Misadventure by Honchuks(m): 9:43pm On Jun 22
All over the world, Nuclear facilities are situated in low population areas. In our case, it has been proposed for Akwa Ibom and Kogi. Two areas with an array of biodiversity. In the event of a nuclear accident, the impact would be humongous. This in another ill advised policy of CHANGE. What we need now is more food on our tables and not nuclear rods and reactors. If Japan with all her technological advancement had to take cover when the core melted then who are we?
Hear me oooo: WHAT WE NEED NOW IS FOOD SCIENCE NOT NUCLEAR SCIENCE.
Gas powered turbines, Hydro-electrie power and wind turbines are safer and more environment friendly sources of energy which we can explore.

Re: Nigeria's Nuclear Misadventure by Febup(m): 9:48pm On Jun 22
Are there no state governors in these states to say no

Re: Nigeria's Nuclear Misadventure by CVWizards(m): 9:50pm On Jun 22
Op, don't bother yourself. The project is too expensive to actualize.

Re: Nigeria's Nuclear Misadventure by INTROVERT(f): 9:50pm On Jun 22
You have a point however nuclear plants have to be located close to a water source preferably a river.
It's not a policy of Change as it have been under planning for over 5 years.

Hydro electric and wind power are not stable sources of energy and the only byproduct of a nuclear reactor is steam vapour which is not harmful. The issues of Japan I think happened because of the earthquake or flood. With proper maintenance and no sabotage nuclear will be a steady source of energy for Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Nuclear Misadventure by psucc(m): 10:10pm On Jun 22
[sup][/sup]Oh I don't die. See as my Gov go accept obituary, mortuary, and cemetery as federal project come. Chai. Eetin man go do now? Abeg embarassedOh I don't die. See as my Gov go accept obituary, mortuary, and cemetery as federal project come. Chai. Eetin man go do now? Abeg.
Re: Nigeria's Nuclear Misadventure by Stolen: 10:11pm On Jun 22
The terrorist Buhari bombing the south whilst boko rape and pillage the north, knows exactly wat he is planning.[/b]
Re: Nigeria's Nuclear Misadventure by ERODEDEAST: 11:02pm On Jun 22
They should relocate this so-called project to Niger State kawai
Re: Nigeria's Nuclear Misadventure by LoveMachine: 11:05pm On Jun 22
I don't like this idea one bit. OP is spot on.
Re: Nigeria's Nuclear Misadventure by overhypedsteve: 11:08pm On Jun 22
Who are we? We are not Japan we re Nigeria. Go get a life OP. Nigeria is going nuclear.
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by tunjion: 7:56am On Jun 23, 2015
Let us keep the discourse going.
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by skypeople(f): 8:15am On Jun 23, 2015
Tunjion and rottennaija.....yur perspective to the sate of the nation amazes me. Am fallinin love with yu guys oooocheesygrin

Oya abeg check my signature guyz, i need you baes

**kisses**
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by rottennaija(m): 11:51am On Jun 23, 2015
skypeople:
Tunjion and rottennaija.....yur perspective to the sate of the nation amazes me. Am fallinin love with yu guys oooocheesygrin

Oya abeg check my signature guyz, i need you baes

**kisses**

OMG, I'M BLUSHING
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by skypeople(f): 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
rottennaija:

OMG, I'M BLUSHING

Abeg dont blush yet, i need yur help asap

Abeg guyz, voting is still on. MR NAIRALAND elimination round2. My friend SCENTMARLC came 3rd out of 24 yesterday in the first rounda. Today he needs enuf votes to proceed.

Please kindly click on d link on my signature and cast your vote like this :::: " i vote for scentmarlc cc: NLJEGA"

Simple
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by OreMI22: 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
rottennaija:
When the plant is here, Nigerians will learn to sit up and become lawful. Besides, a country like France is generating more than 80% of their power supply from nuclear. Who says we cannot do it here? Just take a look at the numbers of Nigerians that are first class materials outside the country, almost everywhere you will hear of it. And come to think of it, how come that a company like nnpc has not been up in flames since it was commissioned? It's because those operating it knows that every safe procedures has to be followed and is the same reasons why all the petrol and gas stations we have around us are not up in flames. Because Nigerians have learned to sit up and follow the laid down safety rules.

We cannot continue to remain on the shameful crawling state we are when other countries are moving forward and improving their technology and in the process, their standard of life. Nigeria, need to wake up, sit up and be ready to take the bull by the horn.

See your rotten mouth comparing Nigeria to France?

Incase you didn't know, France is a nuclear power, makes airbus planes and has robust military industry making jet fighters and satellite guided munitions. Has Nigeria been able to make any of these? Yet, you have the effrontery to compare Nigeria to France. Even comparing Nigeria to Ghana or Angola these days is becoming a difficult job.

Nigeria has abundant hydro electric potential, abundant gas and coal. Why can't it use them? Even Germany and Japan would rather import gas than build more nuclear plants. Is Nigeria a better or more advanced countries than these places? USA is number 1 natural gas producer in the world, yet 42- 49% of its electricity comes from coal! On the average, USA, China, Brazil and South Africa generates 45% of here electricity from coal. Why can't Nigeria copy these good examples?

The only reason Nigeria does not want to use her God given coal for energy generation is that it will compel them to build power plants in Enugu and Kogi states where the coal is abundant. An option of building electric plants outside the far north or southwest is not appealing to the APC tribalists.

Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by rottennaija(m): 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2015
OreMI22:

See your rotten mouth comparing Nigeria to France?

Incase you didn't know, France is a nuclear power, makes airbus planes and has robust military industry making jet fighters and satellite guided munitions. Has Nigeria been able to make any of these? Yet, you have the effrontery to compare Nigeria to France. Even comparing Nigeria to Ghana or Angola these days is becoming a difficult job.

Nigeria has abundant hydro electric potential, abundant gas and coal. Why can't it use them? Even Germany and Japan would rather import gas than build more nuclear plants. Is Nigeria a better or more advanced countries than these places? USA is number 1 natural gas producer in the world, yet 42- 49% of its electricity comes from coal! On the average, USA, China, Brazil and South Africa generates 45% of here electricity from coal. Why can't Nigeria copy these good examples?

The only reason Nigeria does not want to use her God given coal for energy generation is that it will compel them to build power plants in Enugu and Kogi states where the coal is abundant. An option of building electric plants outside the far north or southwest is not appealing to the APC tribalists.

You don't have to insult. You can still make your point without insulting anyone. By the way, if Nigerians cannot challenge themselves, they cannot progress. Everything involves risk and don't forget that there are a thousand ways to die. So don't not feel that the mention of the name nuclear means death, one can die in something smaller than that
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by Armaggedon: 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
oyeludef:
the land use act/decree leaves all lands in Nigeria as a property of the government. so, what "our land" are you talking about? undecided
and why do some pple in Lagos call themselves hosts

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by oyeludef(m): 4:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
Armaggedon:
and why do some pple in Lagos call themselves hosts
i dont know o. Some ppl also call their land biafra land. I wish dey knew better
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by Armaggedon: 4:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
oyeludef:
i dont know o.
U dont know and u re talking about land use act. Aren't u stuupid?
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by Stolen: 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
Armaggedon:

Dat is the kind of nuisance the south west contribute to nairaland.
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by oyeludef(m): 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
Armaggedon:
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by tunjion: 7:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
NBo to nuclear
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by OreMI22: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
[size=15pt]When it comes to BIAFRA, the Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis are the WORST hypocrites.

They bitterly hate the Igbos and indeed the southern minorities and would want them to leave Lagos etc and go stay in their own country!

But in contradiction to their true feelings, they don't want Biafra because they want to perpetuate their right to collect the lion share of the oil resources sourced from the same peoples land, using the bogus criteria they foisted on the country called Nigeria.

Without oil in Igboland and Southern minorities part of Nigeria, Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani would have long seceded from Nigeria. FACT!

I know just like me, many of our people are not 100% convinced Biafra is the answer, while many others already are.

Therefore, we should agitate for a UN sponsored referendum on the Biafra issue .
Northern Ireland fought the British for 30 years for the independence of Northern Ireland, but the referendum proved that majority of the people wanted to stay in the UK. Likewise, the South Sudan's referendum proved majority of South Sudanese wanted to be in their own country.

Therefore, a United Nations sponsored referendum should be the demand to see if majority of our people support independence or to stay in Nigeria.[/size]
Re: Buhari: No Nuclear Power Plant In Kogi And Akwa Ibom by bodeloja: 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
Buhari have not built the wind energy na nuclear

(1) (2) (Reply)

“I Am Hale And hearty” – buhari / Amaechi Removed As Buhari’s 2019 Campaign Director General / Nigeria Economy Will Collapse, If Igbo's Returns Home - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.