Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,883 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:25 AM

Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? (26498 Views)

Can I Change My BVN Picture? / UPDATE: Your UBA Card Can Be Used On Any Site & Anywhere / Opening An Account On 1688.com And Taobao.com Made Easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by bjhere2009(m): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2015
I happen to have an account I opened with my drivers license and international passport respectively. Both have different names but are still my names as my names are too long and some were omitted during the processing of my drivers license.
Can I use one BVN to update both accounts or will it be a problem to have different bvn on both accounts?
Please bankers should help clarify this before I put myself into trouble or maybe it's best to have one of the accounts closed?
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by bigtt76(f): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2015
One BVN gotten from any bank works with all your banks
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by DankemzI(m): 10:21am On Jun 21, 2015
bjhere2009:
I happen to have an account I opened with my drivers license and international passport respectively. Both have different names but are still my names as my names are too long and some were omitted during the processing of my drivers license.
Can I use one BVN to update both accounts or will it be a problem to have different bvn on both accounts?
Please bankers should help clarify this before I put myself into trouble or maybe it's best to have one of the accounts closed?

I doubt, Bankers over to you
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by Mancity26(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2015
op nice qstn and dis babe above me nice ans, i ve such problm as well, i be entertainer.. I come get dif accnt wit dif name, like d one i use my stage name open etc. Kudos..... Well, working on my comedy short video
and Audio.. God bless our hustle. Abeg
make dey no kill my career like Airforce1.
Still, i be his number one fan. Jon sung comedian say so. Just incase, my signature is dia
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by bewla(m): 10:31am On Jun 21, 2015
My case to no long .
three account three bank one name is the dvd sorry bvn going to work for me
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by Bugatie(m): 10:50am On Jun 21, 2015
bjhere2009:

Yes,

It's a single BVN enrolment per person irrespective of the number of accounts one has.

Assuming you have three different accounts with three different banks, say personal account with First bank, a corporate account with Zenith(of which you are one of the signatories) and maybe another account say in your maiden name with GTB, all you need do is register BVN on one of the accounts and take your BVN no to other banks for BVN update. Shikena

You are good to go.
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by Bugatie(m): 10:57am On Jun 21, 2015
DankemzI:

I doubt, Bankers over to you

It's a single registration per customer irrespective of bank or account type.
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by bjhere2009(m): 11:09am On Jun 21, 2015
Bugatie:

Yes,

It's a single BVN enrolment per person irrespective of the number of accounts one has.

Assuming you have three different accounts with three different banks, say personal account with First bank, a corporate account with Zenith(of which you are one of the signatories) and maybe another account say in your maiden name with GTB, all you need do is register BVN on one of the accounts and take your BVN no to other banks for BVN update. Shikena

You are good to go.

My case is quite different from what you have just explained. Here I have 2 different names in 2 two different banks eg; John T. Orji (first bank ) and Johnson Timothy (diamond bank). Can the same bvn work in this case?
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by Bugatie(m): 11:14am On Jun 21, 2015
bjhere2009:

My case is quite different from what you have just explained. Here I have 2 different names in 2 two different banks eg; John T. Orji (first bank ) and Johnson Timothy (diamond bank). Can the same bvn work in this case?

Yes it will work, just do one registration and take the no to the other bank for update.

However, you might need to get an affidavit to confirm that the other name is you also, so as to avoid any issue in the future.
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by bjhere2009(m): 11:21am On Jun 21, 2015
Bugatie:

Yes it will work, just do one registration and take the no to the other bank for update.

However, you might need to get an affidavit to confirm that the other name is you also, so as to avoid any issue in the future.

Can't I just enroll for a separate bvn to cut the story short? That's different bvn for the separate accounts.
Will they ever know despite the thumb printing done? Maybe the machine will not dictate the double enrollment?
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by goodmorning40: 11:33am On Jun 21, 2015
This is the case of dual personality. Do two registration if they catch u tell them u have an identical twin

3 Likes

Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by Bugatie(m): 11:41am On Jun 21, 2015
bjhere2009:

Can't I just enroll for a separate bvn to cut the story short? That's different bvn for the separate accounts.
Will they ever know despite the thumb printing done? Maybe the machine will not dictate the double enrollment?

No, you don't do double registration Bros, just take your no to the other bank and ask fill a BVN update form, that's all.
It's not even as tasking as a new registration. You may not need to write your name exactly as it is in the other bank.
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by Bugatie(m): 11:42am On Jun 21, 2015
goodmorning40:
This is the case of dual personality. Do two registration if they catch u tell them u have an identical twin

Very correct, and it's a criminal offence.

Unless one has something to hide
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by Nazirun4u(m): 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
Bugatie:

Yes,

You are good to go.

You sure say this tin go work?
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by Bugatie(m): 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
Nazirun4u:

You sure say this tin go work?

Sure why not
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by wasco24: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
My is working 2 account with different name
1 with access bank
The other with fidelity bank

1 bvn number
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by klassd(m): 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
wasco24:
1 with access bank

1 bvn number
Is the surname the different name? I have two accounts with different surnames, I have done bvn for one and I don't know if it will be accepted in the other bank.
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by queenex(f): 9:09am On Feb 22, 2016
wasco24:
1 with access bank

1 bvn number
Are u sure?

1 Like

Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by rainlover(m): 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
bjhere2009:
bros have u sort d bvn issue, if yes. How did u go about it? Cos i have similar issues. Thanks
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by lorddumzy(m): 10:54am On Jan 21, 2019
Urgent reply needed.

Please I need a banker or any1 with an answer to clarify me on this.... Is it possible for someone else who has my BVN to walk into a bank and open an account with my name but with his own picture and also link up the account using my own BVN?? Isn't the bank suppose to detect that the image on the BVN is different from that of the person presenting the BVN for link up?
Re: Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names? by sesiegy: 10:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
Pls when I did my bvn in first bank ( my real name is ayinde rasheed omoseun) but after some yrs I noticed the name on my bvn is ( ayinde rasheed omosegun) . I don't use my 1stbank acct again . and the name ( omoseun) is d one on my bvn now. What can I do to correct it, since I don't av access to the bank I opened d acct. Pls advice me or shld I open new acct that bears the name on my bvn ( omosegun). Can I, pls advise me. Thanls

(1) (Reply)

Senate Wants CBN To Convert Lower Naira Notes Into Coins / Nigeria Home To 9,100 Dollar-Millionaires, Worth $207 Billion / Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.