Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,210 members, 7,780,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:20 PM

Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above (64782 Views)

Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC / Ambode Decorates 555 Civil Servants With Long Service Awards / Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by teemy(m): 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
I totally agree.

If nigeria became this corrupt under the watch of these elders then it is better they be allowed to leave to pave the way for those with better ideas than they so that the status quo be changed. I also applaud the making it retirement as a sack would have left them stranded. At least a large number of youths can take their place. Let them take it as a sacrifice to their nation's young bloods.

However I would like the Civil Service to look up on graduates with masters degree to take notice of their masters program. Most graduates are as a result of daddy-mummy influence in those courses. If as an adult they now further in a vocation of interest I believe more productivity would be obtained by employing them based on their masters certificates and placing them in the relevant department.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by justwise(m): 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
Madeu:

You are seeing it from one angle. Nigerian Civil service is has corrupt as hell. Especially at that age of service, no zeal to work, keeping up to current global trend in ICT.

Why should a Parent be working over 30 years in a place, while the children that graduate years ago, with the physical strenght and creativity mind to show is potential are unemployed or underemployed.

One question to you: will you be happy to be made redundant simply because you have worked for 30yrs?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by funkiebully: 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
All these fake news trying every possible means to hype buhari.

There is condition of service backed by law. 35 years of service or 60 years by age. Before this can be changed it must b debated by d legislature.

All these hype and no action by apc media arm is their continuation of propaganda .

Useless people

Wait by tomorrow, u will read a rebuttal denying the news.

APC.... confused propagandist
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Madeu(m): 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
justwise:

One question to you: will you be happy to be made redundant simply because you have worked for 30yrs?

Even civil servant that reached the compulsory age of retirement will always cling to work life and feel redundant. It's part of Old age development.

You just have to step out when the ovation is loud.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by onatisi(m): 4:00pm On Jun 21, 2015
All this fake news don tire persin oooo. This is what happens when there is no functional govt in place ,if buhari had appointed all his key officials ,fake news like this won't be circulating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by onatisi(m): 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2015
funkiebully:
All these fake news trying every possible means to hype buhari.

There is condition of service backed by law. 35 years of service or 60 years by age. Before this can be changed it must b debated by d legislature.

All these hype and no action by apc media arm is their continuation of propaganda .

Useless people
infact , the rate at which apc supporters are desperately trying to portray buhari as working will eventually destroy the little goodwill he has left with the masses .

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by shigoslim(m): 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
Buhari himself must lay the good example first retire himself @least his now 73 years old so what is he doing in Nigeria politics. Don't tell me that there are none saint Nigeria that can drive Nigeria forward expect buhari.
Beside all what i read about buhari regime in military i heard that Tunde idiagbon was the backbone of buhari achievements. I knw some mofo will quote me but thanks GOD we are seeing the result now ...... #Babaonechance indeed.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by justwise(m): 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
Madeu:

Even civil servant that reached the compulsory age of retirement will always cling to work life and feel redundant. It's part of Old age development.

You just have to step out when the ovation is loud.

You are avoiding my question
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by whyx06(m): 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
IdiAmin1:
OK they need to go for us to inject new blood into the system but please someone should ask PMB why didn't he give way since 2003 for a new blood to steer the affairs of Nigeria.

APC and CPC had fresh bloods yet he clung to the partys' tickets like his life depended on them.undecided

Politics is diff from u staying in one office fir over 30yrs....
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by whyx06(m): 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
shigoslim:
Buhari himself must lay the good example first retire himself @least his now 73 years old so what is he doing in Nigeria politics. Don't tell me that there are none saint Nigeria that can drive Nigeria forward expect buhari.
Beside all what i read about buhari regime in military i heard that Tunde idiagbon was the backbone of buhari achievements. I knw some mofo will quote me but thanks GOD we are seeing the result now ...... #Babaonechance indeed.

he has retire himself bro, dats y he cd have d ability to join politics, cos Politics is diff frm u been/ working as C/Servant
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
Dollyak:
It should be a sector by sector basis.

On it
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by whyx06(m): 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
justwise:

whats d diff btw 30 n 35 yrs? its better dey leave to pave way for fresh employment.... Farming is awaiting them
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
shigoslim:
olodo rapata!
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Madeu(m): 4:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
justwise:

You are avoiding my question

The human nature in me will always spring out; I have worked all my life in that area, hung around people, my authorities has always being followed( If I were to be in Senior position), I have lobbied/struggle to attained that position, now it's all gone - the change of daily routine. So, I won't be HAPPY. Just a simple human feeling you will get over it with otherlife activities.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by mohisi: 4:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
atiakatata:
72 year old kunu sipping monkey with pampers wey no get WAEC dey tell person of " outliving usefulness" after forging result at Oluwole under bridge before election.

Let me tell you what is useful. . .Its robots, computers and technology. Humans should be here to collect salary, and enjoy the usefulness of robots
ur father is a fool 4 giving birth 2 a useless son like ,if am ur father wish I will never be I will sell n buy cat becos it will be more usefull than u.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Dollyak(f): 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
Freemanan:

On it
?
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by whyx06(m): 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
Raylight2:

you see the reason why I will never seek a government or private job/? no job security at allllllllll. someone can just wakeup from his sleep and tell you they no longer need your service.
So 30 yrs is not enough?
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by MrP7: 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
I hope he allows workers to get their full entitlement
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hope pe ori bobo yi pe sha? Retire kini? Mind yasef o. My mum is a senior civil servant and if she retires now what will happen to the family? Biko nu o. That wasn't the agreement you offered them before employment o. You too should retire na. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by NewsHub: 4:22pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:
APC have come again o. A source said...Where is the memo? Where is the Presidential directive?

Are they aware that you can't just sack Civil servants that aren't up to the mandatory retirement age or service length? Have they heard of "compensation" and lawsuit before? Do Buhari think that NLC are just for tea-party? Do they think that they can fire anybody with corruption allegation without first obtaining indictment/conviction in line with the civil service rule? Do they think the National Industrial Court is thre to occupy space?
APC is not the issue here but the media houses that just cook up stories. Some media houses just want to publish something whether true or false.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by shezinton(m): 4:22pm On Jun 21, 2015
Is easier say dan done...put it in practise...I trust civil servant dem go start to go reduce deir age...watch out
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by OLADD: 4:22pm On Jun 21, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Dis is d transformation we talking abt

This is even turning from One Chance to Half Chance!
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by poiZon: 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
nansng:

http://leadership.ng/news/441905/reforms-civil-servants-with-30-years-of-service-to-go

i will reserve my comment till i hear from mallam garba. dont want to be too excited n next mallam said d president never gave such order.
happy father‘s day to all fathers, upcoming fathers, down going fathers, bad fathers, ugly papas, potential fathers n sterile dads inform of gay n all what not. enjoy
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by adexolu: 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ybnm4life:
I am smelling fowl play here, This is another means to deprive this workers of their retirement benefits... Its a no no for me...

You should understand that the caption of the news is misleading. If the presidency is going to authorize this, they are not going to be sacked, they are going to be retired/ retrenched and they will also get their full entitlements.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by baralatie(m): 4:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
godunia:
Lie lie news,the terms of service of a public servant as contained in the public service is clear,35 years in service or 60 years of age before retirement. This ACT must be reviewed first before this can happen. I tire for journalist these days. De wake up n spew ignorance in d public.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by poiZon: 4:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
SUBMARINE:
Some electorates wey shout CHANGE are about to cry. grin

they will never ask for CHANGE again in their life.
team transformer!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by sambrow(m): 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
I give it to PMB on this. Nice move
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by poiZon: 4:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
kay29000:
Hmm! This will hit a lot of pple hard, but it will also help create jobs for hundreds of thousands, if not millions of young Nigerian. The prediency should just make sure the pple to be retired get good settlement and pension. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.

who wan de last long again for bed these days, u no hear say no time to waste time?
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Yommiefish(m): 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
nansng:

http://leadership.ng/news/441905/reforms-civil-servants-with-30-years-of-service-to-go
They Are Welcome To Agribusiness! A world of boundless opportunities. This isn't an end of the world tis simply an end of stagnation for them.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by soleexx(m): 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
netizenbuzz:
Hope pe ori bobo yi pe sha? Retire kini? Mind yasef o. My mum is a senior civil servant and if she retires now what will happen to the family? Biko nu o. That wasn't the agreement you offered them before employment o. You too should retire na. Nonsense!

Bro same here with my Dad...buhari won scare us

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Cityguy: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
undecidedIn your dreams

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What Fayose's Thugs Did To Students Who Endorsed Buhari (Viewers Discretion) / Rochas Okorocha Erects Another Statue Few Months To Handover (Photos) / Bola Tinubu In Aso Rock To Celebrate With Buhari (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.