Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,433 members, 7,781,267 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:30 AM

Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above (64785 Views)

Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC / Ambode Decorates 555 Civil Servants With Long Service Awards / Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Legacy4christ(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
If dis come to pass then unemployment rate ll reduce.sai buhari
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by cooljude(m): 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
Panshow:
If he'd said otherwise, Tanoids would've still crucified him.
Tanoids are allergic to good news.
please what is good about the news. This is a stupid, dumb and foolish move/ news.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by princejayboss: 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
POPdecorator:
Yes dat's gud
i lov change

He could have left politics and allow a young blood to stair Nigeria.... Nigerians that is not creating job. what retirement policy do we have ? ... This is not job creation for crying out loud... Soon Nigeria will understand that this PMB has nothing to offer
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by philips70(m): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:
APC have come again o. A source said...Where is the memo? Where is the Presidential directive?

Are they aware that you can't just sack Civil servants that aren't up to the mandatory retirement age or service length? Have they heard of "compensation" and lawsuit before? Do Buhari think that NLC are just for tea-party? Do they think that they can fire anybody with corruption allegation without first obtaining indictment/conviction in line with the civil service rule? Do they think the National Industrial Court is thre to occupy space?

Had to go read op again and was looking for APC but couldn't find any. Most of what you ascribe to them never come from them. Or is APC a media house I don't know of?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by klax(m): 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
SUBMARINE:
Some electorates wey shout CHANGE are about to cry. grin

They are crying already.

Good for them yippy yippy more to come if you know buhari you won't even try him talkless of voting for him because as it stand many heads will roll.

This was what he did during his rule as militany head of state that thousands were booted out of their job I know same will happen again. GMB himself 72 but the people in civil servant too old what a weird word.

Good for them retire them all let them go home to farm they want change and they have got it. Bravo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by justwise(m): 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
adexolu:

From the headline if it is true, it's only those that are 30 yrs and above that are going to be affected, not those who have spent less. So are you saying those that have worked for 10, 15, 20 and 25 years are not competent enough to man the affairs of the ministry? Certainly some good hands would be affected, but truth is most of these old guys are not inclined to new technology, they keep claiming things should be done the way things have always been done. We need change. Civil servants can't be compared with political officers.

You can't be sure of that, a family friend who works at ministry of education started using computer in 1997, she was aged 43-45 at that time, not all old guy/woman are struggling with technology.

If Buhari wants to overhaul the system then those above the age of 65 should be made redundant and not those who have worked for 30yrs but within the working age.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by adamx23(m): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
IdiAmin1:
OK they need to go for us to inject new blood into the system but please someone should ask PMB why didn't he give way since 2003 for a new blood to steer the affairs of Nigeria.

APC and CPC had fresh bloods yet he clung to the partys' tickets like his life depended on them.undecided
if d king of Ur town is not older than buhari then you can call him old..don't u know that old is gold? how do you expect a youth of 35 or so to preside over this country? u want give am HBP just thinking about the population he is leading? just leave baba for us jare...As d saying goes: what an elder sees sitting, the young cannot even when he climbs an iroko tree... baba has seen what we d younger generation cannot.. let him lead us to d promise land..
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
philips70:

Had to go read op again and was looking for APC but couldn't find any. Most of what you ascribe to them never come from them. Or is APC a media house I don't know of?
we all know APC propaganda!
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Sard(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
cooljude:
It is a very stupid move. What would happen to those civil servants and their family. Reading this news alone just spoilt my day and some wicked idiots still have the guts to support this stupid rumour. If he actually said something like this, he would be a the biggest hypocrite on planet earth if he doesn't resign. I never really cared about Nigeria government but if this is true, i think honestly i am beginning to hate this government.
I really don't get your point, man. Won't they be given gratuity and pension afterward?
Besides, most of the people that will be affected ain't even that agile again, most of them don't do much work again in their offices. You may say their wealth of experience count but what about those that have been in the service for 20+ years? Are they also not experienced enough to be in charge?
Nigeria is not all about you and your family, let others work for Nigeria too.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by eagleeye2: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
YOU CAN NEVER TRADE EXPERIENCE........... This is a mistake.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by ayoromer: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
buhari is 73yrs politics no get retirement age u should hav retire by now so d civil service age of 60 or65yrs is more than dis almajiri age abi.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by ADAMSFMM: 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
Yes let them paves way for new blood.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by kay29000(m): 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
poiZon:

who wan de last long again for bed these days, u no hear say no time to waste time?

That's your opinion...Definitely not that of the 100+ guys who add me from here daily.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by holyeye1989(m): 6:00pm On Jun 21, 2015
SHAI BUHARI..GOD SENT
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by IYANGBALI: 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
kennylawal:
All these "according to our source"
na that source go kill dem one day
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by adaweezy(m): 6:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:
APC have come again o. A source said...Where is the memo? Where is the Presidential directive?

Are they aware that you can't just sack Civil servants that aren't up to the mandatory retirement age or service length? Have they heard of "compensation" and lawsuit before? Do Buhari think that NLC are just for tea-party? Do they think that they can fire anybody with corruption allegation without first obtaining indictment/conviction in line with the civil service rule? Do they think the National Industrial Court is thre to occupy space?
i agree with you on this
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:

.. . . . . .goon, stop contradicting yourself. . . . . . . .minion, on one hand you insinuate the directive is not true, on another hand you lambast the directive. . . . . . .cretin, why not wait for the official position before going gaga. . . . . . .underling, there's wisdom in patience, no wonder you always get it wrong
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by IYANGBALI: 6:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
i am a die hard Buhari's fan,if anybody is talking of age in govt service it should not be Buhari of all people. I doubt the authenticity of the story,but if it is true Mr President you got this one wrong. HOW OLD ARE YOU SIR? Those who live in glass house do not throw stones.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by IYANGBALI: 6:10pm On Jun 21, 2015
i am a die hard supporter of PMB,if anybody is talking of age in govt service it should not be Buhari of all people. I doubt the authenticity of the story,but if it is true Mr President you got this one wrong. HOW OLD ARE YOU SIR? Those who live in glass house do not throw stones.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by philips70(m): 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:
we all know APC propaganda!

Like you once did for them before!
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by fineguy11(m): 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:

what has APC got to do with this speculation?why do u get off shouting foul in a faceless forum where non exist?get a life....
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by deolu2000(m): 6:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
Nice move,because no change can come pass if we don't purge our civil service of over age/stayed workers and also the numerous ghost workers.i believe through this,jobs will be made available to geninue and qualified applicants.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Popoolaoladayo(m): 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
What an unceremonious way of sending civil servants packing. A worker is is not prepared for this, will b sent into an early grave. The government henceforth should start imbibing entrepreneurship culture into workers and most importantly into school curriculum to as to alleviate or curb issues like this.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by 360command: 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
No b today this thing dey happen. But y d 72 year old man no retire for race of presidency.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Realdeals(m): 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
I don't think this is a bad news as some people have portrayed it. Retiring these set of people will create employment opportunities for others. Besides none of them will collect not less than N2 million which they can use to setup business ventures.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by adexolu: 6:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
justwise:

You can't be sure of that, a family friend who works at ministry of education started using computer in 1997, she was aged 43-45 at that time, not all old guy/woman are struggling with technology.

If Buhari wants to overhaul the system then those above the age of 65 should be made redundant and not those who have worked for 30yrs but within the working age.

I understand you quite well, but there would always be collateral damage. We need a relatively young and dynamic labour force in the government ministries. It's easier for a 45 to 50 year Old person to champion change than a 60 year old. Take a look at this scenario compare GTBank to a Union Bank or First Bank. The former is young and dynamic and championing change in the Banking Sector in Nigeria and Africa while the later is just living on old glory and growing at a slow rate.

There would always be collateral damage in any decision the government takes, but let's try to look at the long term benefits which would be - more young folks in government in future. It's because the youths and middle age folks are not given opportunities and our society has entrenched so much value to old age that we even have a 72yr old President. So let the change begin
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by igbakigba2t15: 6:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
Nice move......Why should over 70% of our Federal Annual Budget be spent on less than 2% of our population? It is not fair. The States should take a cue immediately and I suggest theirs should be those who have put in 25yrs and above should go so as to enable our youths be employed. These are not normal times and we need drastic measures to survive these times. But Government should ensure prompt payment of their retirement benefits or entitlements to enable the retirees go into self employment and business.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by selectedhero(m): 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
THIS WOULD ACTUALLY BE THE MOST STUPID AND INSANE ACT BY ANY GOVERNMENT IRRESPECTIVE OF ITS EXTRACTION.
WHAT NIGERIANS DESIRE IS AN ALL ENCOMPASSING SYSTEM WHERE EVERYONE WOULD BE ACCOMODATED AND SATISFIED; NOT A POLICY THAT SEEKS TO ROB PETER JUST IN THE BID TO GET PAUL A MEAL TICKET.
NIGERIA'S RESOURCES EVEN IN THE FACE OF THE DWINDLING ECONOMIC FORTUNE IS VERY AND I SAY VERY ENOUGH TO SERVE EVERYONE. BEFORE WE THE YOUTHS JUMP TO HAIL THE SUPPOSED MOVE BECAUSE IT SERVES TO GIVES THE MOMENTARY RELIEF OF OWNING A JOB, WE MUST REALIZE THAT SUCH MOMENTARY RELIEF ONLY COMES BACK TO HAUNT.
WHAT BAFFLES ME MOST IS THE OBVIOUS REALITY WHICH MR. PRESIDENT WILL BE IGNORING IF THIS WAS TO BE DONE (THE SAME WAS THE CASE WITH JONATHAN'S FUEL SUBSIDY ) THAT HE WILL BE TURNING A SEGMENT OF SOCIETY AGAINST HIMSELF.
THIS INDIVIDUALS HAVE WORKED MERITORIOUSLY AND DESERVE TO CAP-UP THEIR SERVICE WITH PROPER RETIREMENTS.
LASTLY THE LAWS OF THE CIVIL SERVICE, SUPPOSES THAT AN INDIVIDUAL IS DEEMED FIT TO LEAVE SERVICE IF,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What Fayose's Thugs Did To Students Who Endorsed Buhari (Viewers Discretion) / Rochas Okorocha Erects Another Statue Few Months To Handover (Photos) / Bola Tinubu In Aso Rock To Celebrate With Buhari (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.