Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above (64836 Views)

Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC / Ambode Decorates 555 Civil Servants With Long Service Awards / Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by cooluc(f): 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2015
I think I like this if and only if it's implemented and void of "back door" stuffs
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by brightleave(m): 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
atiakatata:
72 year old kunu sipping monkey with pampers wey no get WAEC dey tell person of " outliving usefulness" after forging result at Oluwole under bridge before election.

Let me tell you what is useful. . .Its robots, computers and technology. Humans should be here to collect salary, and enjoy the usefulness of robots
u nearly no get sense o
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by slimfit1(m): 7:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
IdiAmin1:
OK they need to go for us to inject new blood into the system but please someone should ask PMB why didn't he give way since 2003 for a new blood to steer the affairs of Nigeria.

APC and CPC had fresh bloods yet he clung to the partys' tickets like his life depended on them.undecided

Which kind of blood are you talking about ? Bank ole type of blood or clueless type of blood because you need to think critically before you type its very good to always do that.

In life if you want something done do it yourself if you have faith in yourself, he has faith in himself and we have faith in him.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by justwise(m): 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
adexolu:

I understand you quite well, but there would always be collateral damage. We need a relatively young and dynamic labour force in the government ministries. It's easier for a 45 to 50 year Old person to champion change than a 60 year old. Take a look at this scenario compare GTBank to a Union Bank or First Bank. The former is young and dynamic and championing change in the Banking Sector in Nigeria and Africa while the later is just living on old glory and growing at a slow rate.

There would always be collateral damage in any decision the government takes, but let's try to look at the long term benefits which would be - more young folks in government in future. It's because the youths and middle age folks are not given opportunities and our society has entrenched so much value to old age that we even have a 72yr old President. So let the change begin

If 60 years old are incapable of championing a change then Buhari is the wrong candidate.

Both young and old can work together to bring change as long as they are effective.

Corruption within civil servant is not problem and the solution is not sacking people who have worked for 30 years.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by adaweezy(m): 7:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ngasky:

Actually it is 30 not 35. It is only academic environment that have the 35 years service.
It is 30 years in service or 60 years of age, whichever comes first that is used for civil service employees
must you make your ignorance obvious its 70 years for lecturers although it used to be 65 till 2009
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by yomanovic: 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
Sunofgod:
this man wicked ohh. . . .

wicked as how? why are Nigerians so myopic in their thinking? is it not better for old people to go so that opportunities can be created for young people. they should use their money to invest in businesses and further create employment for the youths.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by sumyvic: 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
News of d day. Sai baba
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Tojay: 8:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
Most of our permanent secretary would go
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by adexolu: 8:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
justwise:

If 60 years old are incapable of championing a change then Buhari is the wrong candidate.

Both young and old can work together to bring change as long as they are effective.

Corruption within civil servant is not problem and the solution is not sacking people who have worked for 30 years.

Don't get this wrong, the caption of the thread is exaggerated, they are not being SACKED, it's going to be what you call a retrenchment and compulsory retirement and they are going to get their full benefits.

Also do you know those who are over 30yrs in the ministry cuts across all the levels? And i am sure that majority will be in lower and middle levels like cleaners, clerks and the likes.

Well try going to our ministries and see for yourself the decay and decadence there and you will have a better understanding. I have worked in the ministry and I am talking from experience. It's not because of their age, but their orientation generally. Also retirement is not the final solution but the starting point.

Our leader should not be 72yrs old, but when he was the only credible candidate/opposition our political parties recommended, we had no choice but to vote for him. Whereas, in terms of the civil service, options abound.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Rick9(m): 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
Some people wan just die for civil service them nor wan pave way for the younger generation.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by cooljude(m): 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
Sard:

I really don't get your point, man. Won't they be given gratuity and pension afterward?
Besides, most of the people that will be affected ain't even that agile again, most of them don't do much work again in their offices. You may say their wealth of experience count but what about those that have been in the service for 20+ years? Are they also not experienced enough to be in charge?
Nigeria is not all about you and your family, let others work for Nigeria too.
Economically, legally, on moral ground it is a wrong and stupid policy. For your statement on my Family, you are absolutely wrong, most members of my family are employers of labour. This would not solve any problem in Nigeria.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Sard(m): 10:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
cooljude:
Economically, legally, on moral ground it is a wrong and stupid policy. For your statement on my Family, you are absolutely wrong, most members of my family are employers of labour. This would not solve any problem in Nigeria.
Sorry about the wrong assumption. But all the Same, I honestly believe it's a good development, it's going to be to our benefit in the long run
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by solonazzy: 11:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
IdiAmin1:
OK they need to go for us to inject new blood into the system but please someone should ask PMB why didn't he give way since 2003 for a new blood to steer the affairs of Nigeria.

APC and CPC had fresh bloods yet he clung to the partys' tickets like his life depended on them.undecided
Isn't Dis a way to create jobs?.... Nigerians though
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Caseless: 11:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
IdiAmin1:

Grow up! BUHARI contested in elections and eventually won in the last shot. So what has govt employee got to do with someone who was elected? Those that will be retired can go and contest too if they like.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by gmy2k: 11:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
Sack 10, Employ 10, Where's the change? I tire for Naija govt. Filled with dullards
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Pamelayoung: 1:28am On Jun 22, 2015
Its a welcome idea, most of them are old some suffering from amnesia, lets them make room for young pple with their innovations.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by bombay: 2:19am On Jun 22, 2015
Opportunity to bring in more hausa fulani into the system.Chopping continues.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by cooljude(m): 6:10am On Jun 22, 2015
Sard:
Sorry about the wrong assumption. But all the Same, I honestly believe it's a good development, it's going to be to our benefit in the long run
Which benefit. Nigeria would never grow if individuals don't learn how to develop wealth by themselves. If you think releaving those men who should still be working would solve our problem in Nigeria. Honestly i give up on this country because it is not only the leaders that are stupid. What is wrong in creating new jobs.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Franky9584(m): 8:11am On Jun 22, 2015
nice 1 baba
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by omaji53jeremiah: 9:47am On Jun 22, 2015
good one keep it up baba
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by gbengus26(m): 10:31am On Jun 22, 2015
Let wait and see
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by waltec(m): 11:02am On Jun 22, 2015
Buhari is working
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 11:08am On Jun 22, 2015
All I can say is chanji chanji who na see una life.

They do realise these sets of ppl are the ones training the youngones in our country today. If u deny dem of income den u deny the younger generation their ability to progress.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by PMIcon(m): 11:29am On Jun 22, 2015
SUBMARINE:
Some electorates wey shout CHANGE are about to cry. grin
Change carries its own price too. It must not be taken personal. When APC won, people should have started reading stuffs like "Who Moved My Cheese," and www.emergeng..com where the author proclaimed, "Are you ready for change?"(http://www.emergeng..com/2015/02/pg-3-are-you-ready.html?m=1)
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by PMIcon(m): 11:38am On Jun 22, 2015
princejayboss:

He could have left politics and allow a young blood to stair Nigeria.... Nigerians that is not creating job. what retirement policy do we have ? ... This is not job creation for crying out loud... Soon Nigeria will understand that this PMB has nothing to offer

Ha han. Haba. Is that so? Or are you just still annoyed that GEJ did not win? Moreover, that explanation was not from the president but someone we don't know o.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by PMIcon(m): 11:43am On Jun 22, 2015
Rick9:
Some people wan just die for civil service them nor wan pave way for the younger generation.

Maybe. But I hope those "fresh blood" who share your opinion will prepare not to prefer to stay put in public service when it's their turn to go. English grammar: cold feet; Physics: Inertia
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Chiaka(f): 11:58am On Jun 22, 2015
If its for fresh blood into the system, they should be talking about 20 or 25 years upward off not 30
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Billygee2u: 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
hypocricy at the highest level.72 yrs old baba has not retired yet trying to retire his juniors.
what another shame?
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by oghaski15(f): 4:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
Evil ilitrate management of WRPC, all of them will face the wrath of God
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by oghaski15(f): 3:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
This is one of d best way of cleaning up corruption in a system and providing jobs for d fresh graduates out there.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by denssing: 9:32am On Jan 01, 2016
This is trash. You can't sack any civil servant by mere whims and caprices. civil servants have contractual agreement with their employers(government) to serve for 35yrs or 60yrs of age. No employer(govt) has d right to do otherwise. Pls we r in a democracy where rule of law prevails, okay.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by tit(f): 3:26am On Mar 03, 2016
has Buhari sacked all the evil-servants?
#fireonbaba!

sack them all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

School Boy Meets President Buhari, Shakes Him While Kneeling / Soldiers Cut Off Man's Dreadlocks, Flog Him / Saraki And Bola Tinubu Meet At Bola Shagaya 60th Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.