Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? (2729 Views)

Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses / Imagine A World Without Muslims! / An Open Letter To The Church: How The Church Can Make The World A Better Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by eazyman(m): 3:14am On Sep 20, 2006
Hey lads, let me point out here that no one has monopoly of violence, anyone has the right to read whatever he or she has to read, the POPE was only reading a text published by an educated and enlightened person about how inhuman and wicked the principles of the "so called religion of peace; islam "is and i am happy he has not retracted his statement, he only came out to say he is sorry for people who misunderstood him and not that he is sorry for reading what he read.
Its so baffling when you see people with animalistic tendencies in the midst of normal people.

I have read what some people who are even country leaders saying absolute rubbish and saying the Pope is not supposed to read a text published sometime ago, i mean does any one have to determine what an adult is supooused to read and not read ? whats this world turning to ? Some even went to say that their fellow illiterates and babarins should kill anyone who doesnt want to be part of the 'Great animal kingdom".

So i want to tell this especially to the ignorant and illiterate muslims who make up a large part of that religion that no one has monopoly of violence and that Christians worldwide are not pertubed of the so-called 'jihad' and the vane comments made by this illiterate muslims.

Even if some christians may not be willing to fight physically, they can fight spiritually and that is powerful enough to prompt God to wipe off these "beasts" among men if it pleases so please God to do so.

But then there are trillions of christians and none christians worlwide who are ready to defend fellow christians and attack anyone who feels powerful enough to fight against the children of God and i am one of them.

So if these illiterate and ignorant muslims are ready to launch the offensive, then let them begin and not run away from the consequencies!
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by Nobody: 3:18am On Sep 20, 2006
Calm down man, if you know a tad bit of history you should know that men have been fighting with each other pre and post Islam. No need for ignorant talk because that's exactly what I see from the point you're trying to make -Silly and Ignorant. Thanks for playing with your emotions instead of your brains, next time play with your brains if you expect to win.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by Drusilla(f): 4:15am On Sep 20, 2006
It's sad when it is supposed to be a Christian who wrote this and I by being a Christian am supposed to be associated with them.

God loves truth.

Whites who are christians have wrecked a lot of havoc on this world.
Whites who are muslims have wrecked a lot of havoc on this world.

That tells you it is not the religion that matters as to whether the person is destroying the world.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by KDK(m): 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2006
I am a christian fanatic myself but I don't want the anihilation of muslims rather that they get saved and accept JESUS as their Lord and Saviour. Remember that Jesus came for the world and not just certain people in the world. Where it not so, I doubt if we would be christians 2day.This is not christian like abi you be muslim before? I ask 'because I see elements of bitterness and violence which are far from the fruits of the Spirit.[/color][color=#990000]Take it easy, abeg. wink
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by Aggressa(m): 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2006
Dear Eazyman,
I am a christian, born-again, and I totally DISAGREE with you that the world will be better without muslims. I believe you are a christian but do not fully understand the gospel of Jesus Christ Yet, but I totally understand your emotions.
You see, you are not different from the muslims and their idolatory called Islam if you are yet to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour even if you call your self a "christian"
However if you understand the purpose of Jesus coming and you've accepted Him as your lord and saviour, then you will know that Jesus said proverbially that "those that are whole (healthy) have no need of the physician but those who are sick"
The reason you are alive is to witness to the lost and let them know about the Kingdom of God the father, through God the Son Jesus and God the Holy Spirit.
If you are born-again, then dont be selfish because before you were born again, you are no better and hence the world would have been better without you, right? God forbid!!!!. God loves you, He loves muslims, pagans, atheist, buddhist, murderers, paedophiles, homosexuals etc But He hates their sins and only want us to take hold of His love for us by loving him in return; by confessing and repenting from our sins and evils ways; accept Jesus Christ as the Lord and Saviour and spread the good news of Jesus Christ. So you see, the world would not be a better place without muslims afterall who will we evangelise, and win for christ and receive the blessings of obedience to God?
Shalom, Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by eazyman(m): 1:46am On Sep 21, 2006
Well, i want to point out here that i dont just speak out cuz of emotions but my reasoning comes from overwhelming evidences in which a blind man could even see. For example, take a look at the country called Nigeria of which i think you are a citizen, at the northenr part of the country, the muslims have succeded in driving out christians who used to make a living there and the few christian natives of that part have now been put in pepertual fear and silence because of violence and intolerance to other peoples freedom, they have also succeded in invading the middle-belt to impose their ill-conceived agenda, that is why plateau state was on fire not long ago because muslims from far north invaded, fought, killed and drove the natives there in order to continue their suppresive agenda and dominance, now they are sytematically approaching the southern part of the country to continue their paln. Now if you are wise enough you will know that they want to turn Nigeria into a complete islamic country and would not stop at anything to do that even if it means shedding the blood of innocent citizens of the country as they have always done. If you can remeber not quite long there was a protest which erupted in the northern part of the country this year and many innocent were killed for nothing because of a publication in a danish newspaper concerning a cartoon of "one human being who died long ago", now tell me do you want to wait untill these extremists come over to kill you in your own house and drive away your brothers and sisters unless you become a muslim against your will before your eyes will be opened
What will happen to your generations yet to come? There cannot be peace unless there is war, if you cannot stand up to defend your faith and your fellow people when attacked then i wonder how you will be able to propagate the word of truth !!!!
These extremists have made it clear that their agenda is to kill anyone by force who doesnt want to convert to islam, even the children of isreal of old fought to save their people from oppression and they are also fighting uptill now, If they decided to give in to the whimps and caprices of satanic ideas, then they would have been wiped out by now. Or dont you listen to BBC, CNN and other news agencies about some so called leaders of countries in the middle east clamouring that Isreal should be wiped off the map ??
so if you cannot confront them , then you have succeded in seling yourself, your soul as such i'll advise you to be prepared to die !!
THINK TWICE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!!!
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by kiki(f): 2:00am On Sep 21, 2006
well i think everyone has a right to believe in watever they want to without being critizise by someone tho i'm a christian but that statement is way to much for u
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by TayoD(m): 3:30am On Sep 21, 2006
Eazyman,

It is obvious that your statements are not borne out of the "mind of Christ". You reason like mere men and you have left out a big factor in all these calculations and inferences: God.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by iice(f): 4:03am On Sep 21, 2006
Wipe out muslims today then tomorrow you will say, God said love your enemies and neighbours. Meanwhile forgetting what you wished for the previous day
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by kiki(f): 4:04am On Sep 21, 2006
@ iice

gurl high 5 that nigga don't know wat he talkin bout
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by Drusilla(f): 4:54am On Sep 21, 2006
See the things not liked about Muslims or Christians are not related to their "religion".

It is the way they prostitute their religion for social gain that is hated by the world.

Jesus stated Christians would do this and they have:

Rev 2:6 But you have this, that you hate the deeds of the [size=16pt]Nicolaitans[/size], which I also hate.

Rev 2:15 So you also have those who hold the teaching of the [size=16pt]Nicolaitans[/size], which thing I hate.

Nicolaitans is Strongs word: 3531 but if you look it up, it will tell you it comes from 3532.

This shows the true meaning of the word.

G3532
Νικόλαος
Nikolaos
nik-ol'-ah-os
From G3534 and G2004; [size=16pt]victorious over the people;[/size] Nicolaus, a heretic: - Nicolaus.

Victorious over the people <---- means ENSLAVING THE PEOPLE.

Keep in mind that Jesus is talking to the churches about what Christian leaders are doing.

So this is not saying that heathens use doctrine to enslave the people.

It is saying that Jesus hates when Christian churches and leaders use doctrines to ENSLAVE PEOPLE.

Any peek into Christian history will show that this is EXACTLY what CHRISTIANS have done.

Prostituted God's word to dominate the world.

Mohammed took a clue from them and did the same exact thing.

This is why I believe in the bible, and not what preachers or the churches teach.

We are the church, everyone of us is the preacher.

No preacher or church should have control over you and your life.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by Drusilla(f): 4:59am On Sep 21, 2006
Christians would go on crusades killing and murdering for the church. They also claimed the same christian excuse to enslave and colonize the world.

Muslims would go on Jihads killing and murdering for the mosque. They also claimed the same Muslim excuse to enslave and colonize their part of the world.

And honest person would admit that if the world would be better off without Muslims, then it is the exact same better off it would be without Christians.

God loves truth.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by 4getme1(m): 7:09am On Sep 21, 2006
Drusilla:

See the things not liked about Muslims or Christians are not related to their "religion".
It is the way they prostitute their religion for social gain that is hated by the world.

'Pure' Islam as handed down by Muhammad is violent by default. Pick up the Qur'an and read it.

Drusilla:

This is why I believe in the bible, and not what preachers or the churches teach.

In that case, nobody should believe in what you are preaching, and everyone should just believe in the Bible. Since you don't believe in what preachers teach, and you make yourself one of those preachers, you fall into the same category that you condemn. Sorry, but the same Bible that you believe in says:

"Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth" (Rom. 14:22). God loves truth as well.

Drusilla:

Again, the Bible you believe in says:

"Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you" (Heb. 13:17).

"Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble" (I Pet. 5:5).
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by TV01(m): 9:43am On Sep 21, 2006
Hi All,

It's renegade me, posting off topic again. My defence is wherever the discussion leads.

Hi 4get_me, long time. I noticed (and dare I say it missed your absence), presumably you where on vacation/sabbatical/caught up etc. etc. Whatever sir, welcome back. Now to business;

Drusilla said;
Drusilla:

And in response 4get_me said;
4get_me:

Again, the Bible you believe in says:

"Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you" (Heb. 13:17).

"Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble" (I Pet. 5:5).

So 4get_me, please forgive me if I've misread you, but are you saying that a preacher or "church organisation" should have control over a born again believers life? And further insisting that that is what the Bible teaches?

I await and appreciate your response.

God bless
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by 4getme1(m): 11:00am On Sep 21, 2006
Oga TV01,

How bodi?  cheesy   Yes, it's been a while with so many stuff. . . and I've been out of base for quite a while. I still thank God because inbetween the rigours we're given time off to rest and play - and that's why while at work, I can afford to be on Nairaland, until we go into serious work season again. Thanks for asking, and you were missed as well.

Now to address your concern. My input was to directly address the context and make it plain that Christians are not 'freelancers' in God's House. I don't subscribe to "slavery" or "enslavement" in any setting - religious , political or otherwise; however, the idea that "submission" and "rule" in God's House should be taken as "control" misses the point.

First, I'd like us to keep in perspective what we're saying. I didn't read "church organisation" but simply "church" in Drusilla's post. Second, it would have helped if she clarified this issue of control. But the context in which it was so used leaves one wondering if Christians should just each go to their own tents and do our own individual things because we don't want to be under "control". God set leaders in His Church - and the Bible clearly stipulates that we should obey them and submit ourselves to them because they rule over us and watch for our souls. If this is translated as "control", then it seems to me that we're trying to be wise in our own eyes and playing the same pack of religious cards we very often condemn in others. Read the context again, and catch my meaning -

Drusilla:

[/quote]

What does that sound like? First, I am not to believe what preachers or the churches teach; next, we are both the church and the preacher in the same breath. By implication, we should be hypocrites, since the first line says what I believe is not what the preachers or churches teach! Get it? If anything at all, that is "control" in a small box. Why? For the simple reason that in a mere 3 lines to finish the argument in her post, I am both to disregard what preachers and churches teach; and at the same time make myself one of those preachers and church while claiming that "I believe in the bible"! The only thing I could think of in arguments like this is what Gal 2:18 says: "For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor."

I think then it is aptly fitting to quote the finisher -

[quote author=Drusilla link=topic=23948.msg618252#msg618252 date=1158810873]

Get it? "No preacher or church" (including the very same ones Drusilla said in "We are the church, everyone of us is the preacher"wink should have control over anyone. Smart. . . but not so smart. God set leaders in the Church and asks us to obey them and submit to them. Some may not like these words because it conjures up "control" in their minds. I only referenced the quotes in my rejoinder to show that, while God was not asking people to submit to a control of enslavement, He most defintely yet asks that believers submit to leaders who rule over us in God's Church.

So, in perspective, my point was not saying or "insisting" what you misread. I'm not one of those who just "believes in the Bible" in disregard of what God's appointed pastors teach in His Church. To do that is to sit in our little corners of a "control" of our own making.

Regards.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by Drusilla(f): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2006
4get_me,

One wonders why you wasted your breath saying all of that.

Simple fact is the context was churches and mosques leading christians and muslims to kill and die so the church or mosque can have social/political gain.

I admit that this could be my strange way of posting two posts to make clear what I am talking about. So maybe you ignored my second one talking about the crusades and jihads.

Your also misusing the bible by trying to condemn me with this scripture: Gal 2:18 says: "For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor."

Anybody could take the same less than honorable tactics and condemn the bible:

We need no one to teach us

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: [/b]but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

[b]But Paul was an appointed a teacher:

2Ti 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

We aught to be teachers.

Heb 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Gee, I guess we should say now that the bible is a transgressor because:

Gal 2:18 says: "For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor."

Your youth in the area of being a preacher and teacher of the word to others shows through plainly by purposely wasting all those words trying to say something about what I have said, that just was not there.

It's okay. I have done the same foolishness in my youthfulness, when I was more full of zest than knowledge.

Fruits grow, they do not appear.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by mukina2: 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2006
yeah your world perhaps
you didnt create us
you cant make us leave
this is the most stupid statement i have ever heard
if a little child had said so i would understand
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by 4getme1(m): 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2006
My dear Dru,

If to you it was a waste of breath to have said what I did, the breath was mine - not yours!  grin

Second, you can't condemn other preachers and churches and hope that you're all just about fine.

Third, I didn't ignore what you said as a whole - jihad, crusades, etc; so my rejoinders were placed in just on the points you didn't bother to clarify until now.

Fourth, I didn't condemn you. If you felt condemned, that says a lot about how you read my rejoinder, and if you want an apology for that, it's not a hard thing for me to do; so here's one - I apologise ma!!  grin  grin

Fifth, if it suits you well to "take the same less than honorable tactics and condemn the bible", then I leave that to God to judge - it's not in my place to condemn the Bible, sorry.

Did I leave out anything?  smiley

@muki-babe,
How bodi? I hope uncle Olabowale will not insinuate something 'inbetween the lines' - abeg helep me tell am wetin dey! grin
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by mukina2: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2006
no he wont,
ar dae fine grin
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by Drusilla(f): 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2006
4get_me,

Apology accepted. Thank you for being gracious in offering one.

Have a great day. Smile.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by TV01(m): 1:16pm On Sep 21, 2006
Hi 4get_me,

Perhaps it’s perspectives that differ.

I think to some degree we are in agreement. I don’t subscribe to the notion of Christians being freelancers. Nor of enslavement, nor of “rule = control”.

I often hear Hebrew 13 v7 & 17 wheeled out when the question of obedience, rule, and submission are brought up. However, I think I see Drusilla’s point particular in reference to her earlier post speaking about the “Nicolaitan” issue in the church.

As ever it is good to seek the whole counsel of God.

Mark 10:42 But Jesus called them to Himself and said to them, "You know that those who are considered rulers over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. 43 Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant. 44 And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all.

Or

Matthew 20:25 But Jesus called them to Himself and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. 26 Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant.

Or

1 Peter 5: 1 The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed: 2 Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; 3 nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock;

I see God’s house as a family, with the only difference between believers being essentially the degree of maturity. Some of the more mature believers (provided they fulfil certain criteria) are charged with certain functions and it’s in everyone’s best interest that they are obeyed and submitted to in exercising their duties.

The bible outlines 3 areas of authority, the home, the church and the state. Just like the branches of government, these are not to be subsumed or otherwise compromised by each other.

So any control or rule is in a church setting. It is also pertinent to note that the phrase translated “rule over you” is used only 3 times in the NT and all in Hebrews 13 (7,17 & 24).

The word actually means “to go before, and thus to lead or guide”, which is entirely consistent with a sense of maturity (being led by an elder brother, I guess its why they are called elders!).

Agreed, the word can also be used to convey a sense of ruling and governing. But to my mind, this translation is wrong for 2 reasons.
1. It would contradict the opening scriptures I quoted and
2. It would actually mean that rule did mean control.

I believe that interpreting it as rule/control is what leads to the heretical doctrine of the Nicolaitans.

Further, the whole point of our coming together as believers is for two reasons
1. To care for one another
2. For edification and maturing of all (Ephesians 4)

So again, while we will probably always need and should take counsel. And maturity in absolute terms and certain areas will always vary, I don’t see a pupil/tutor relationship, rather a fellowship of maturing siblings.

Again, maybe it’s perspective. Does God set particular people as leaders? Or is leadership a function of maturity and say gifting. Now all are gifted and all should grow in maturity. Do I eschew preaching/teaching? No, but I believe that it is primarily a work of the Word and the Spirit. So we are all taught, can be taught and can teach.

I don’t see a clergy/laity or leader/follower split, which I see as part and parcel of the Nicolaitan error.

Lot's of common ground I think.

God bless
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by belloti(m): 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2006
This is probably the most responsible exchanges we have in the religion segment of nairaland. Eazyman was just being irresponsible. Am glad even 4get_me was not in agreement with him. The only way we can move forward is to understand our differences and learn to respect them. Everyone is accountable for his action and oneday we shall all stand before God Almighty and explain our sojourn on earth. As for violence, we shall all condemn it in unison.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by onikunkewu(m): 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2006
Hello Easyman,as a matured man i believe your mental faculty is expected to  function well when addressing issues of this type that has to do with religion unrest in the coutry,most especially posting such ideas on net.People of your calibre are those who often mastermind religious crisis and i strongly believe that, no good follower of Crist Jesus will ever pronounced such a statement just as you mentioned above.pleeeease if YOU don't know what to post on the net you better keep your mouth shut ,stop painting the good christians with what you speak out to the world. MAY GOD DELIVER YOU.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by Drusilla(f): 12:15am On Sep 22, 2006
TV01,

Great post.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by eazyman(m): 1:44am On Sep 22, 2006
Its really a sorrowful and pitiable sight to see people who are supposed to see but they cant see! how on earth could somebody exists in it and cant see what happens within him ?
Please my dear brothers and sisters of wisdom here, i want to ask; when in the history of Nigeria has a christian or non-christian prempted a religious violence in Nigeria or even killed a muslim or burnt a mosque unprovoked, I 'm not against the school of thought that teaches and propagates religious tolerance, but if you keep tolerating and the leaders of another religion teaches intolerance and killing of anyone who refuses to dance to their tune, then what should you as a normal human being be supposed to do ??
Must you keep sitting down and be eventually wiped out from the surface of the earth who then will preach the word of the truth which some of you claim to be part of
If some of you here are not living in Nigeria or are blind to see what happens in Nigeria then i will ask you to take a look at what is happening in Sudan, an African country in which Nigerian troops are present there, the government of that country being a pro-islamic one has continued to wage war over the years with non-christians living in the southern part of that country. The have even refused to allow for UN peace-keepers to be sent to that country, hear what the president of that country said yesterday at the UN headquaters in new york concerning the deployment of UN peace-keepers to defend civilians and non-muslims there who are continously targeted by the government sponsored islamic terrorists (supporter of APC), " this will impose the zionist agenda and further help isreal "
i dare to ask what has Isreal got to do with sudan ? this alone is to tell you of the graven danger posed by muslims worldwide concerning non-muslims, their religion practically teaches them to kill by the sword any one who doesnt accepts its teaching, and they consider any one not part of them as "infidels" not having a right to exist.
As such with this graven danger and untold hatred of muslims towards others, I would want to ask; IF THE WERENT ANY MUSLIMS ACROSS THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH, WOULD THERE HAVE BEEN RELIGIOUS VIOLENCE ?
I leave you to answer that for yourself.
Sometime ago A german christian preacher came to preach in kwara state,Nigeria but muslims across the country became apprehensive and threathened to kill christians and cause havoc to non-christians in the country, even the government of that state refused to allow the preacher to conduct the crusade where it was to be conducted but when they finally gave in due to calls from CAN that the preacher be allowed, they government of that state had to shift the crusade ground to the outskirts of the state and also reduce the number of days originally allocated for the programme in that state; all these was done in order to discourage people from attending the programme and ultimately make it a failure.
So my dear people from all i have said so far, it is evidently clear that this earth may no longer contain non-muslims in a matter of time i some drastic measures are not taken to counter this ill-concieved agenda of muslims worldwide because it is evidently clear from the above that THIS WORLD WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER PLACE IF EVERYONE TOLERATED EACH OTHER'S RELIGIOUS BELIEFS BUT IF MUSLIMS REFUSED TO TOLERATE OTHERS BELIEFS BY PREACHING VIOLENCE AND KILLINS FOR THOSE OPPOSED TO THEIR VIEWS LIKE IT IS DONE IN NIGERIA, SUDAN, IRAN, SOMALIA,SYRIA, PALESTINE AND THE WORLD OVER THEN ANY NORMAL HUMAN BEING WITH A SENSE OF REASON IS SUPPOSED TO COUNTER THIS AGENDA AND RISE UP TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR GENERATIONS YET TO COME, A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!!!!!!
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by Drusilla(f): 6:26am On Sep 22, 2006
Easy,

I speak from the comfort of a 'christian' country. Yet I also speak from a historical perspective.

I grew up learning of Indians and Africans being burned alive for not becoming a Christian.

One of the most famous stories is of an Indian tied to a stake about to be burned up unless he chose Jesus Christ.

The Indian asked:

Are there white people in this heaven I would go to if I accepted Jesus Christ?

The whites answered: Yes of course.

His reply: Burn me up. I do not want to go to a place where you people are considered the good people worthy of paradise.

[pp]

That is my point. At one point in this world, Christians had an agenda as violent and as terrifying as anything the Muslims do now.

Christians were so successful at their war against all others that they can now kill from the safety of their offices, and their planes and their submarines, but it is the same idea.

Christian nations rule the world and shall continue to rule the world.

Muslims fight in Nigeria? Well I am privledged that I do not have to live through this but to act as if they thought of it and invented the idea of world domination and murdering to get their religion accepted, makes one naive at best and a liar at worst.

Christians did the same thing a very long time ago, and they succeeded very well at it.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by belloti(m): 10:57am On Sep 22, 2006
Drusilla, you are very polite and considerate. But the point is that muslims dont even have any agenda for violence. The isolated cases are all fallouts from some careless provocations that some muslims percieved could have far reaching implications if they were not contained. But i always support vocal objection and dialogue instead of the violence we are seeing. i am even more of support for avoidance of these provocations. I really cant understand something, is it that we dont have any better thing to do than to ignite these religious conflicts?. Cant we all engage in some positive occupations that could yield some juicy fruits?.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by feelgood(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2006
Dear eazyman,
I live in Nigeria and I really feel and understand your argument. Just a few days ago, about 10 churches were burnt in Jigawa
for reasons I cannot still fathom. And THESE ARE NOT ISOLATED CASES as Belloti would have us believe. Also provocations
cannot be avoided - because it is a fact of life. I do not believe that Bellotti has not been provoked by anyone in his family or associates, etc.
That didn't mean he (though I wouldn't know that) raised a cutlass or gun to decapitate or kill them. I also know a lot of muslims who find
these actions of some of their contemporaries quite distateful and embarrassing. Just as I find some actions of some Christians sad and
embarassing.

Drusilla's point about the Indian is well taken and does say a lot. Also Havilah's post on this thread.

So you see, we just cannot retaliate even if we can because that is not the attitude of Christ which Christians are supposed to
possess. Then where will that leave the Christians? To sit down ' and be wiped out from the face of the earth'? Or be Islamised?
Not necessarily because that will be forgetting a very important factor - GOD!

If God has to cleanse the world of all the evildoers, then NO ONE will be alive on earth. But thank God for the grace and the
blood that was shed at the cross for ALL mankind. So please don't start wishing or thinking evil of our muslim brothers, yes,
you read correctly,BROTHERS, THE SAME HOLY GOD MADE US. The problem the world over is as a result of SIN. So there's a lot
more work for Christians to do.

So be cool eazyman, be cool and don't let the adrenalin run high (only compounds the problem). God is still on the throne.

@mukina
2 - days ago, u wondered why there was a lot of insults and disrespect on the religious board.
Don't be part of the muck but keep ur posts civil. I've missed you at the jokes board or have you permanently switched? wink
Be cool
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by TayoD(m): 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2006
@Drusilla,

Your point about the Christian history is noted. However, I want you to understand that everyone who hears of such understands that those who did it are actually not followeres of Christ. Jesus never stood for anything violent, rather he preached peached peace and gave up His life for it.

On the other hand, the problem I've had with islam is the very fact that their founder and leader was indeed a violent person. While violence can never be attributed to Jesus, it was part and parcel of the lifestyle of Mohammed.

Herein lies the diference between both religions. Anyone who kills in the name of Islam can point at Mohammed as being an example, while anyone who practices violence as a Christian can never say he/she lived through the examples of Jesus or His early disciples.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by olabowale(m): 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2006
@TayoD: Are you saying that in the New Testament, we will not find an action or a saying that came from Jesus that could be construed as agression. If I can bring any to your attention, then will you eat your words and become Muslim. I put the same challenge to Davidlan on another trhread, yet he could not stand up to fulfill his own oath. Are you the same. Otherwise, write only what is correct, from your Bible.

More importantly, it is not permissable to whitewash the Qur'an as the christians had whitewashed their Bible. This is why you see all that was revealed and completely recited by Muhammad (AS) in the Qur'an. Unlike the 'inspired' collection of writings which are periodically updated, even to this day. I told one of the christians that the Protestants used the Catholic Bible as a manuscript to formulate their Bible. Yet, they conveniently obliterated many Books from the Catholics Bible from their own. Well done King James. Well done. I guess that's why they call it version.

If I were a christian, maybe i will write my own. Just like the Mormon under Joseph Smith or the Jehovah witness did. These are just two sects originated from USA. I guess every one needs to proof its worth.
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by TayoD(m): 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2006
@Olabowale,

I can't but be amazed by the level of ignorance you have displayed for all to see on the World Wide Web.  Firstly, I assume by your lack of denial that you agree to Muhammad's chequered history of blood-letting.   Secondly, are you trying to change history by trying to twist and make Jesus appear to mean what He never said?

Jesus is someone who practiced what He preached and preached what He practiced (I believe same can not be said of Muhammad).  In what instance did you see Jesus violent and killing someone?  He was such a man of peace that He even healed the one who came to caprure Him and crucify Him.  To those who crucified Him on the cross, He prayed that God may forgive them because they do not know what they do. 

I am also at a loss why you would want to prove your points from the compendium of God's thought called the Bible, which you have roundly condemned as fabricated and erroneuos.  Does it become a Gospel truth when you choose to use it? 

Forget about converting me to a Muslim.  No rational person will move from light into darkness, from peace into turmoil and from paradise into hell.  Christianity offers me salvation, peace, healings, joy, righteousness, comfort, prosperity etc,   Does Allah so much as offer you a guaranttee of any of these?
Re: The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? by ishmael(m): 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2006
TayoD, may God bless you for saying the truth and putting the devil behind you. I have since sensed it that Olabowale is an Anti-christ.
Eazyman, you are blessed too. dont mind those condemning you for what you just said. They dont know what christians who live in the northern part of nigeria are facing or experiencing. They are all enjoying themselves and living without fear whereever they may be residing so they will never know what people in places like maiduguri, kano, sokoto, kaduna, jigawa and other parts of the north are facing. Let those that are condemning you move down to the north and live then i will see if they would not say worse things than you. I advice anybody condeming Eazyman to relocate from where ever he/she is to kano or jigawa and stay. They will never agree to relocate to such places yet they are condeming Eazyman. Common NYSC that lasts for only 12 months some people have refused to serve because they were posted to northern states, yet they are opening their wide mouths to condemn Eazyman. I am talking from experience because i am living in the north at present and i know what christians are passing thru here. We are all living with fear here in the north if you care to know. Probably you would suggest we move away from the north to avoid being attacked abi?? If thats the case no mallam should be allowed to live in the south too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Dark Secrets Of The Vatican Bank / Corporate Church Structure and the true role of a Pastor / Urgent Dream Interpretation Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.