Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Zinox Thinks Power, Launches Laptop With 13-hour Battery Life - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Zinox Thinks Power, Launches Laptop With 13-hour Battery Life (4832 Views)

New Latest Core I7 Zinox Laptops For Sale / Laptop With Longest Battery Life / My Experience With A Zinox Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zinox Thinks Power, Launches Laptop With 13-hour Battery Life by blackspade(m): 11:11pm On Feb 25, 2009
Zinox Thinks Power, Launches Laptop With 13-Hour Battery Life

Prince Osuagwu

25 February 2009

Lagos — The power problem in Nigeria is giving the Chairman of Zinox Technologies, Mr Leo-Stan Ekeh serious concern. Not only does the problem create a lull in the economic growth of the nation, it also reduces the development of ICT which computer is a key driver.

To him, the situation is not a healthy one for those in the computer manufacturing business where his Zinox technologies is in the frontline.

The remedy according to him is for concerned stakeholders to be more innovative than ever, to be able to give users a new lease of life. And like the proverbial Moses he decided to lead the way with a recent launch of laptop computer, BigimiPRO, tagged the Digital bull, which can store power for a whole of 13 hours.

The product according to Zinox is a result of 18 months of extensive research with its technical partners has added 4 exciting new and innovative products to her product portfolio. However, the company said it not spend 18 months in the research room to come up with only a product. This is as it added other three products which are also geared towards resolving most of the problems that users experience in their day to day computing.

These are the Zinox Bijimi Sage Laptop, The Zinox Smart Plus and the Zinox Classmate Notebook. The products are said to hold power for their users for up to 7 hours respectively. The company's Head, Corporate Communications, Mr Echika Ezuka, while unveiling the products for the media, last week, noted that the Nigerian energy problem could be said to be resolved permanently for computing with the launch of the products.

Introducing the products, Ezuka explained that the Zinox Bijimi PRO is actually the digital bull, describing it as "a new robust but very stylish Laptop built for professionals that wish to survive the global financial crisis. This Notebook which has been certified by Intel Corporation and Microsoft runs on latest Intel Power Processors T3400 and P8600, with 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, 15.4 inch display screen, Webcam, Bluetooth, Microsoft Vista Business/XP PRO and comes standard with additional battery that gives the user a minimum of 13hrs interruptible usage. The product is for the exemplary workaholic, adds real value to the bottom line and is exclusive to Zinox" he added.

Meanwhile, announcing the release of the Zinox Bigimi Sage Notebook, Ezuka went historical. "The issue of the development of the African continent is the struggle against neo-colonialism and its agents of acculturation. This product is designed to promote a consciousness in appreciation of the African continent's great sages like Nelson Mandela, Jomo Kenyatta, Ahmadu Bello, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Obafemi Awolowo, Abdul Naser, Osagyefo Kwame Nkrumah, etc.

These great men laid the foundation of modern Africa and you can not appreciate Africa in the Digital Age without according them great respect".

He said the Zinox Bijimi Sage Laptop is powered by the latest Intel Dual Core T3400 processor, with 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, 15.4 inches display screen, Webcam, Bluetooth, Microsoft Vista Home Basic and comes standard with additional battery that allows the user a minimum of 7hours of uninterruptible usage with one year comprehensive warranty and a specially dedicated support hotline.

"This is the best way to re-brand Africa and remind all Africans that their destiny lie in providing responsible leadership for the African continent" Ezuka enthused.

For the Zinox Smart Plus, Ezuka said that when it comes to size, convenience and speed, the product offers immense relief. "This new generation Notebook is driven by the latest Intel Atom Processor and certified by Intel as a lead product for 2009 for highly mobile but knowledge acquisition focussed citizens. The Zinox Smart Plus is in a class of its own. It has 10.2 inch screen, 1.6 GHz, 1GB RAM, 60 GB HDD, 1.3 mega pixel camera, wi-fi antenna, 2 USB (2.0) ports, headphone and microphone jacks, 6 cell Li-ion battery, Realtek audio system, a 1 year comprehensive warranty and its affordable".

The product according to him, comes in different certified colors of Red and pink that passed through the best coating certification laboratory in Japan and considered not expensive for the quality and design.

The fourth addition in the laptop category, according to Ezuka is the Zinox Classmate Notebook, tailored towards celebrating the efforts of scholars and students. The product has outstanding performance with an 8.9" screen, 1.6 GHz, 30GB storage, 512 MB RAM, 1.3 Mega Pixel Camera, Wi-Fi Antenna, with a choice of Win XP Starter Edition or Linux as operating system with lots of software installed as standard. All these are in addition to a 1 year comprehensive warranty.

Ezuka said that with over 16,000 units sold, the Classmate PC goes a long way to address the dearth of instructional materials in schools, adding that these products are just a few of the many that would be introduced before the year 2009 runs full course.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/29563/51/
Re: Zinox Thinks Power, Launches Laptop With 13-hour Battery Life by netotse(m): 12:13am On Feb 26, 2009
t3400 hmmm wonder what the FSB'll be but the battery life is awesome though. it finally shows they are realising what we need in nigeria
Re: Zinox Thinks Power, Launches Laptop With 13-hour Battery Life by yoshimitsu(m): 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2009
I read that it is not a 13 hour battery, just that the laptop comes with a free extra battery. So I assume it is 2 batteries with a total life span of 13 hours.

www.utotomiabalu.110mb.com
Re: Zinox Thinks Power, Launches Laptop With 13-hour Battery Life by otokx(m): 7:32am On Mar 01, 2009
They should have put a light source under the keyboard so that we can work at night. Funny thing is their website does not carry this information. Hope the cost will be moderate.
Re: Zinox Thinks Power, Launches Laptop With 13-hour Battery Life by netotse(m): 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2009
otokx:

They should have put a light source under the keyboard so that we can work at night. Funny thing is their website does not carry this information. Hope the cost will be moderate.

then they'll hv to install sensors to tell when its dark and that'll cost more!
Re: Zinox Thinks Power, Launches Laptop With 13-hour Battery Life by otokx(m): 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2009
so whats the price
Re: Zinox Thinks Power, Launches Laptop With 13-hour Battery Life by Mustay(m): 11:17pm On Mar 08, 2009
I've heard "not-too-pleasing" stories about Zinox undecided

I only hope the Laptop would perform well during battery usage since batteries slow down the performance of systems.
Re: Zinox Thinks Power, Launches Laptop With 13-hour Battery Life by hayprof(m): 4:43am On Mar 09, 2009
I don't know who uses Zinox computers, . .where HP nd the like still dey struggle to sell ,. .shipping out nu' dimensions of Technology, . .

nd we r her talking a 13-hr Battery! . .wen its all just about a 2-battery angry

Abeg, talk of something better from ZINOX ! wink
Re: Zinox Thinks Power, Launches Laptop With 13-hour Battery Life by Decryptor(m): 8:49am On Mar 12, 2009
I have never liked Zinox! The brand is wack and completely unreliable! Seriously,It is better to buy a tokunbo branded system than buying that "Government don give me contract" system called Zinox. Thinking of shopping for a PC? Remove Zinox from ur list or you'll surely regret!
Re: Zinox Thinks Power, Launches Laptop With 13-hour Battery Life by lynxnoon(m): 9:51am On Mar 12, 2009
[b]WORD!![/b]
Re: Zinox Thinks Power, Launches Laptop With 13-hour Battery Life by obitex2: 8:48pm On Mar 17, 2011
how much for dey zinox external battery dey one wee inec use

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Use My Nokia E63 As A Modern For My Desktop Cmp / Free Rdp + Free Vps / My Review: Hp Probook 4530s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.