Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City (33953 Views)

Rochas Okorocha Makes 305 Youth Millionaires / Obiano Plans To Agulerize Anambra With Nepotistic Appointments / See Governor Obiano's "Stylish" Handshake That Has Got People Talking. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by FreeGlobe(f): 11:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
The governor of Anambra State, Willie Obiano has ambition for his state and given a clue to his ambition.

He said he plans to build an ultramodern millionaire’s city that will reflect the proud heritage of Ndi Anambra as the home of the greatest number of billionaires in Nigeria.

Speaking while inspecting three flyovers that are rising simultaneously in the emerging city of Awka at the weekend Obiano said, “We have a vision of building a Millionaire’s City. Most of the millionaires in Nigeria are from Anambra.

“I also understand that most of the people who own private jets in Nigeria are from Anambra. So, we want to set up a place for them where they can come home and build befitting estates with helicopter landing pads,” he stated.

Obiano restated his commitment to ensure that Anambra remains crime-free as it was crucial to all development efforts.

“We still maintain zero-tolerance for criminals in Anambra State. We have enough work for everybody.”

Obiano assured pointing out that the three flyovers that are under construction in Awka had created over 1200 jobs while Coched Farms Limited, an Agro-allied firm operated by the Coscharis Group in partnership with the state government had so far employed over 700 people in its first phase of operation.

Obiano also spoke of the plans to open up bid for the Millennium city project saying that Awka Capital Territory Development Authority ACTDA would soon be processing requests for lands in the choice location.

“The Awka CT will determine the kind of buildings to be erected in different locations,” he remarked and further revealed that the aerial mapping and photography of the Awka Captial Territory had finally been completed and approved by the Anambra State Executive Council.

“The aerial photography of the rest of the state would have been concluded by now but the weather would not permit that. So they will continue in October. By December they would have done the aerial mapping of the rest of Anambra State. So this aerial mapping has a great deal of importance to Anambra State. It will assist in estate development, erosion control, agricultural planning etc. It will also bring down the cost of doing business in Anambra State. We are one of the few states that have done it in Nigeria,”Obiano remarked.

According to him, the aerial mapping was the first stage of the state’s digitization programme. “When we are done with the Aerial mapping, we shall go to the next stage which is the GPS stage of this project where the GPS in our cars will guide us to different locations across the state.

Governor Obiano also revealed that four different companies are bidding to handle the design of the proposed Awka Capital City.

“The companies have made their presentations and the tender board will review and advise on the best option. By the time they are done, the chosen design will be super-imposed on the present Awka. That will give us a clear idea about the changes to make. On the whole we shall choose a design that will give us minimal compensation to pay as we expand Awka to be one of the best cities in the world. Just like everything I do, I am very serious about this project and I want to re-assure Ndi Anambra that this project will be completed on time,” he added.

Obiano also announced that as part of the overall plan for the anticipated Awka Capital City, he had directed the Special Committee on power to include Awka in the captive Power Project which gives special locations 10 megawatts of electricity. Other cities on the scheme are Onitsha, Ozubulu and Nnewi.

http://changenigeria.org/news/7186-obiano-plans-to-build-millionaires-city

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by pinkiberry(m): 11:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
the rich get richer,the poor get screwed. diaris god o

12 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by FreeGlobe(f): 11:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
Anambra State currently has the best performing governor in Nigeria. These are the kind of leaders Nigeria should be raising not a dull retired soldier from daura that's assuming Nigeria is a serious country.

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
is oryt wuna well done

1 Like

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by FreeGlobe(f): 12:00am On Jun 22, 2015
lalasticlala do the needful please

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by KnowAll(m): 12:04am On Jun 22, 2015
The guy has not won a 2nd term yet. Let him win a second term then u will see & know who d real Obiano is really is?

8 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by FreeGlobe(f): 12:04am On Jun 22, 2015
pinkiberry:
the rich get richer,the poor get screwed. diaris god o
who is the poor? You?

29 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by pinkiberry(m): 12:06am On Jun 22, 2015
FreeGlobe:

who is the poor? You?
d last time I checked I wasn't referring to anybody

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by omazus: 12:19am On Jun 22, 2015
Governor carry go.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Macelliot(m): 12:22am On Jun 22, 2015
Nice!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Zonacom(m): 12:28am On Jun 22, 2015
KnowAll:
The guy has not won a 2nd term yet. Let him win a second term then u will see & know who d real Obiano is really is?
Please tell us who this ur real obiano is.
Prophet of doom

34 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Zonacom(m): 12:31am On Jun 22, 2015
Building another city is a nice thing but i think the govt should finish the building of greenwood/ millennium city first before embarking on another.

8 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by DankemzI(m): 12:33am On Jun 22, 2015
Good development, though am from Akwa Ibom but Igbo by marriage I tend to rejoice in every positive news coming from there.
The city must be well planned by Urban and regional planners, strictly surveyed by Surveyors no compromise should be allowed by so doing many of our brothers on the West side will start heading home.
And cases of flooding will be avoided!

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by aresa: 1:11am On Jun 22, 2015
Most of the millionaires in Nigeria are from Anambra.

“I also understand that most of the people who own private jets in Nigeria are from Anambra.
So, we want to set up a place for them where they can come home and build befitting estates with helicopter landing pads,” he stated.

This empty and shallow chest beating indeed a social malady in ibo land.

What kind of world do these people live in? grin

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:18am On Jun 22, 2015
aresa:

That's all you saw in that report?

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by StOla: 1:20am On Jun 22, 2015
I hope that unlike Peter Adaobi he has done something about the poor destitutes that samaritan Fashola helped reunite with their kindred, before trying to cater for the rich who don't need government assistance to build their estates.

7 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by StOla: 1:25am On Jun 22, 2015
aresa:

Actually, most of the loudest and unpolished millionaires are from Anambra. The competition to shout is so intense, any means necessary is acceptable to get wealthy.

Remember Eze-ego, the Okafor guy who met a sad end at such a young age. Where is the wealth today?

27 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by kettykin: 1:30am On Jun 22, 2015
Notice how some people have lost their peace over this piece of good news. What then will happen when igbos start relocating sstrategic business department of their conglomerates

63 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by kettykin: 1:33am On Jun 22, 2015
Obiano kudos for the great plan, please allow for much room for future expansion and don't just stop at millionaires City also build a boulevard or another wall street with dedicated power supply similar to what is obtained world over that would host their company branches or head quarters

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by ak47mann(m): 1:34am On Jun 22, 2015
Anambra Akwulugo!! cool

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Dollyak(f): 1:39am On Jun 22, 2015
I am happy about this. Let's hope wealthy private investors can get involve to make this a reality.

21 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by AtlanticBreeze: 1:41am On Jun 22, 2015
aresa:

Tinubu photographer, no your state of osun has the biggest millionaires and private jets in Nigeria instead. shikena. Hopefully when this projected is completed it wont be flooded at any slight rainfall like the fraud estates tinubu and his puppet built and managed in Lagos

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by tit(f): 1:43am On Jun 22, 2015
StOla:
I hope that unlike Peter Adaobi he has done something about the poor destitutes that samaritan Fashola helped reunite with their kindred, before trying to cater for the rich who don't need government assistance to build their estates.

this obiano drinks too much kai-kai

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by AtlanticBreeze: 1:47am On Jun 22, 2015
tit:

this obiano drinks too much kai-kai
tinubu smokes weed. We have proof

50 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by aresa: 1:59am On Jun 22, 2015
[s]
AtlanticBreeze:

Tinubu photographer, no your state of osun has the biggest millionaires and private jets in Nigeria instead. shikena. Hopefully when this projected is completed it wont be flooded at any slight rainfall like the fraud estates tinubu and his puppet built and managed in Lagos
[/s]

You know internet trolls, nuisance and unintelligent nuisance like you bore me...

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by aresa: 2:00am On Jun 22, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

That's all you saw in that report?

Even a blind man no fit miss that...

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by AtlanticBreeze: 2:19am On Jun 22, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

You know internet trolls, nuisance and unintelligent nuisance like you bore me...
so go back to snapping pictures of Tinubu instead of hating

37 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by aresa: 2:31am On Jun 22, 2015
[s]
AtlanticBreeze:

so go back to snapping pictures of Tinubu instead of hating
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Stunner1(f): 2:32am On Jun 22, 2015
BIAFRA kiss kiss kiss

13 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Nobody: 2:33am On Jun 22, 2015
aresa:

I know you are Yoruba....children of hate, jealousy and negativity

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by Nobody: 2:33am On Jun 22, 2015
Anambra is a state to watch out for. The level of development going on in the state is shocking. How he is able to get all these projects going on simultaneously is baffling especially with such a low allocation.

44 Likes

Re: Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City by AtlanticBreeze: 2:36am On Jun 22, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

make sure you are not caught sleeping on duty in Tinubu house.. slave boy

36 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amaechi Disowns Report Over Buhari’s Appointments / James Ibori Holds Prayer Session In His London Home After His Release. Photos / Mahmood Yakubu Presents 2019 INEC Budget To Senate Committe (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.