Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy (6260 Views)

35 Signs The Guy You’re Dating Is Not Man Enough / How To Know If The Lady You Are Dating Is Your Wife. / It Is Not Easy To Be A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by kay29000(m): 12:22am On Jun 22, 2015
The dating circle is so harsh for us skinny guys. I read a thread on Front Page about how skinny guys can do better in the dating arena yesterday, and even though the guy had some cool points, it is still a harsh world out there for a skinny dude.

I remember one girl I met on Nairaland. We chatted for a while before we met face to face. Before that the first real date, I had already told the girl I was slim, and she said it was cool, that she even liked slim guys. So, after the date, I asked her on BBM what she felt about me. and she said, although I told her I was slim, she didn't know I was that skinny. She said she didn't like skinny guys like me. cry I went into great depression immediately. I deleted her, and just stuck to myself.

Even though we skinny guys be packing down there, we still get overlooked by girls. I guess most girls are yet to know that. Now, I just keep to myself, and my silence and mystique attract girls to me once in a while, but it hurts to know that I am not appealing to a normal girl on the streets. sad

Shout out to all my skinny nikkas in the house. Stay strong.

3 Likes

Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by Houseofglam7(f): 12:31am On Jun 22, 2015
Skelenge?
No thanks, I'll pass tongue
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by kay29000(m): 12:33am On Jun 22, 2015
Houseofglam7:
Skelenge?
No thanks, I'll pass tongue

But you are also an opelenge na!
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 22, 2015
Op I guess yhu nt so cute! Am happily skinny! And I knw am cute! Have got d nice lyrics and I got babes @ my beck and call

1 Like

Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by Houseofglam7(f): 12:37am On Jun 22, 2015
kay29000:

But you are also an opelenge na!

That's the main reason I'm zapping. grin

1 Like

Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by kay29000(m): 12:38am On Jun 22, 2015
Osahon7:
Op I guess yhu nt so cute! Am happily skinny! And I knw am cute! Have got d nice lyrics and I got babes @ my beck and call

Okay. Good for you.
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by Rapmoney(m): 12:40am On Jun 22, 2015
Skinnyguys.com

Where is that guy called SkinnyDude?

Comw and see ur brother grin
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by Rapmoney(m): 12:40am On Jun 22, 2015
Skinnyguys.com

Where is that guy called SkinnyDude?

Come and see ur brother grin
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by kay29000(m): 12:40am On Jun 22, 2015
Houseofglam7:

That's the main reason I'm zapping. grin

lol! Okay. I understand then.
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by sweettease(f): 9:43am On Jun 22, 2015
Osahon7:
Beck and call grin na zo undecided
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by sweettease(f): 9:47am On Jun 22, 2015
Appealing to a normal girl? so the ones attracted to you for being quiet aren't normal? undecided You just want what you feel you can't have, it's normal.
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by kay29000(m): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2015
sweettease:
Appealing to a normal girl? so the ones attracted to you for being quiet aren't normal? undecided You just want what you feel you can't have, it's normal.

I am talking of appealing physically. And, who doesn't want what he/she can't have? wink
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 22, 2015
slim is cute
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by oromankirisi(f): 10:58am On Jun 22, 2015
That's always the mistake these days, how a guy looks physically sometimes (most times) is secondary, if you have a sweet vibrant personality, a positive mental attitude, and that good old self confidence that really set men apart from boys, you'll be surprised how much women will look ur way the more.. wink

4 Likes

Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by kay29000(m): 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
oromankirisi:
That's always the mistake these days, how a guy looks physically sometimes (most times) is secondary, if you have a sweet vibrant personality, a positive mental attitude, and that good old self confidence that really set men apart from boys, you'll be surprised how much women will look ur way the more.. wink

Hmm! Thanks for this comment. smiley
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by Lovebond34(m): 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
Osahon7:
lol..mehn z dat u re dat skinny or d shirt z jst too big for u?
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by Youngpo413: 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by Duletion(m): 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
Well, to be completely devoid of any trace of biased opinions, the world out there is difficult if you're skinny, same with if you are fat. I'm skinny too so i know how hard it is. While you may not be able to compete with big muscular guys when it comes to getting girls, there are however things you can do to improve yourself.
Avoid wearing tee-shirt
Wear more long sleeve shirts
Look neat and well shaved at all time.
Put on a truck load of confidence knowing that, you're just as human as others
Eat well and above all, be proud of your outlook.

4 Likes

Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by kay29000(m): 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
Duletion:
Well, to be completely devoid of any trace of biased opinions, the world out there is difficult if you're skinny, same with if you are fat. I'm skinny too so i know how hard it is. While you may not be able to compete with big muscular guys when it comes to getting girls, there are however things you can do to improve yourself.
Avoid wearing tee-shirt
Wear more long sleeve shirts
Look neat and well shaved at all time.
Put on a truck load of confidence knowing that, you're just as human as others
Eat well and above all, be proud of your outlook.

Yea...These will really help; especially avoiding wearing t shirt. A skinny guy should stick to wearing shirts...whether short sleeve or long sleeve.
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by dmcdad: 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
All I have to say is; work on your game. If guys that are fat can be controlling chicks left-right-and-centre, how much more a skinny guy.

You will also do well to hit the gym to add some pieces of meat. That would help your confidence alot.

And for the records, you need to change that perception of yours. Yes, I know it's discouraging to be "rejected" by someone. But c'mon, just because of one girl (probably a nobody) you went depressed? I think the first problem you need to tackle is your "mind". Try to win the battle there, and then, it would automatically be traslated to the physical.

Every girl would tell you they want a tall guy blah blah blah... How many of em are dating tall dudes? Of course you know short/average dudes are more than the number of tall guys around. Does that mean they ain't dating? Also, every girl seemingly love athletic/average built guys with 6-packs blah blah blah... You wanna tell me every girl out there who is in a relationship, are in it with a well built guy with 6-packs? How about all the guys out there with pot-bellies flaunting their chicks like there is no tomorrow? Guy! Work on yourself bruv!

You make yourself ordinary, and it has taken its toll on you and got sunk in your subconscious mind. Thereby, making you see yourself as inferior, ordinary with low self-esteem. You need to package yourself dude. Imagine how ordinary and boring you look in your pics. I doubt you even have the flow to make a girl wanna hear more.

The girls ain't the probs. You are! I can bet anything that the girl didn't run because you are skinny. She just used that as a cheap way to get away from you.

Wish you goodluck as you do the needful.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by kay29000(m): 2:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
GODDAMMIT!!! DCMDAD, I asked for tips, I didn't ask for you to completely assassinate my character. cheesy. Anyway, nice tips. You should write a book on this issue.
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Lovebond34:
lol..mehn z dat u re dat skinny or d shirt z jst too big for u?
bros na both o!
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by dmcdad: 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
kay29000:
GODDAMMIT!!! DCMDAD, I asked for tips, I didn't ask for you to completely assassinate my character. cheesy. Anyway, nice tips. You should write a book on this issue.
Sorry I was blunt with my post. I guess I don't know how to hide the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by Lovebond34(m): 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
Osahon7:
bros na both o!
lol ok i get
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by cornoil(m): 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bruva, I used to be skinny though with little fat now, getting hook with girls wasn't so difficult for me. U only need courage to talk to girls physically not through social media. Girls wey go like you go like you. You should have seen where a cute guy is putting every effort to date a girl while the same girl is crushing over one ugly guy.
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by alienware(m): 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
kay29000:
The dating circle is so harsh for us skinny guys. I read a thread on Front Page about how skinny guys can do better in the dating arena yesterday, and even though the guy had some cool points, it is still a harsh world out there for a skinny dude.

I remember one girl I met on Nairaland. We chatted for a while before we met face to face. Before that the first real date, I had already told the girl I was slim, and she said it was cool, that she even liked slim guys. So, after the date, I asked her on BBM what she felt about me. and she said, although I told her I was slim, she didn't know I was that skinny. She said she didn't like skinny guys like me. cry I went into great depression immediately. I deleted her, and just stuck to myself.

Even though we skinny guys be packing down there, we still get overlooked by girls. I guess most girls are yet to know that. Now, I just keep to myself, and my silence and mystique attract girls to me once in a while, but it hurts to know that I am not appealing to a normal girl on the streets. sad

Shout out to all my skinny nikkas in the house. Stay strong.
beside being skinny, u are terribly ugly. Dude, get a life and be proud of yourself joor.
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by kay29000(m): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
alienware:
beside being skinny, u are terribly ugly. Dude, get a life and be proud of yourself joor.

Yea, I am ugly...but I fine pass ur mama.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
being skinny no matter..I am skinny and I have always been with big bold and beautiful women... its not rocket science

1 Like

Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by lordthree(m): 5:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
im pretty skinny.Probably skinnier than you, but i have gotten girls, been confused about which one to choose even, so i think you're just insecure that's all, best you forget the whole skinny issue
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
walahi i have no idea wat i look like undecided
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by dmcdad: 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
alienware:
Haba! Guy you harsh oooooo. Take am easy abeg.
Re: Dating Is Not Easy For A Skinny Guy by jrerico1(m): 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
You are skinny and feeling depressed sad, what about those that has 3inches dick? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Many Things Women Do In Secrecy (discretion Advised] / Ladies, Come And See What This Big Girl Is Doing / Woman Beats Side Chic To Stupor And Strips Her Naked (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.