Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers (12667 Views)

"Boko Haram Infected Me With HIV/AIDS, VVF, During Marathon Sex In Sambisa" / Mosque Used By Boko Haram In Kogi Destroyed (Photos) / Biafra Times Publisher And His Yoruba Muslim Workers Arrested By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Giyerte(m): 6:49am On Jun 22, 2015
The Obafemi Awolowo University Central Mosque has asked teachers and civil servants in Osun State, who are Muslims to proceed to the mosque for assistance.

The Chief Imam of the mosque, Prof. Abubakar Sanusi, made the announcement after the weekly Jumaat prayer at the university mosque.

According to him, the move is necessitated by the current economic hardship faced by workers in the state.

He further appealed to the fasting Muslims to pray for God’s intervention in the issue of unpaid salaries in the state.

He said, “This is to inform public school teachers and civil servants that the mosque will be offering assistance to them. We realise that you have not been paid for so long. As part of our concerns, we will be providing assistance to you. All you need to do is to submit your name, phone number, your school and the name of your school principal.”

Meanwhile, the Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders has blamed the challenge of unpaid salaries on misplacement of priority by the state government.

The Executive Chairman of CACOL, Debo Adeniran, in a statement on Saturday, faulted the state government for not carrying workers’ union along in the execution of its capital projects despite its dwindling allocation from the Federation Account.

He said, “As things stand now in Osun State, what needs to be done is for the labour unions to sit down with the governor and fashion out the most appropriate and acceptable means of resolving the crisis rocking the state. If Osun people think that the governor’s projects and programmes are not in tandem with what their expectations, they should speak out.

“Our coalition is however against the removal of the one-meal-a-day for the primary school pupils in the state because many of the pupils that are not performing well academically are discovered to be lacking in adequate nutritious food.

“We would rather advise that the government, in order to reduce cost, should look into the direction of the elitist projects e.g. the International Airport and roads. Government should also look into the area of agriculture and get most of the civil servants engaged in the sector.”

The coalition, however, appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to also consider a bailout plan for the states that owe salaries until they could get back to their feet.
http://www.punchng.com/news/osun-varsity-mosque-aids-unpaid-muslim-workers/

2 Likes

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Orunto: 6:53am On Jun 22, 2015
They should aid Christians also.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Young03(m): 6:58am On Jun 22, 2015
Alhamdulilahi

5 Likes

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by funkiebully: 6:59am On Jun 22, 2015
U see Why I hate Muslims. Too much segregation. Y help only Muslims? Yet u see them trouping to synagogue church of all nations to receive aid from T B Joshua.

Mtcheeew

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by temitemi1(m): 7:03am On Jun 22, 2015
Chronic HUNGER in the land of Osun, courtesy of AREGBESE.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by ultrazone(m): 7:09am On Jun 22, 2015
ppp
Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Princecalm(m): 7:10am On Jun 22, 2015
religious differences paying out.

2 Likes

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 22, 2015
AregbeRASCAL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by moscobabs(m): 7:10am On Jun 22, 2015
No thank u to them....they are paying their Sakat Ni.
Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by jamex93(m): 7:10am On Jun 22, 2015
d Muslims have taken a bold step

i wonder wat d Christians r waiting for

its our duty to reach out to our fellows but the saved and the unsaved

may God help us

2 Likes

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Giyerte(m): 7:10am On Jun 22, 2015
funkiebully:
U see Why I hate Muslims. Too much segregation. Y help only Muslims? Yet u see them trouping to synagogue church of all nations to receive aid from T B Joshua.

Mtcheeew

Love your neighbor as you love yourself says the Bible

5 Likes

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 22, 2015
I hereby declare d state of osun a failed state
www.nairaland.com/2395413/state-osun-needs-prayers

2 Likes

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Hollawaley(m): 7:10am On Jun 22, 2015
cc. Aregbe-rascal

1 Like

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by FrankValency(m): 7:11am On Jun 22, 2015
Good one,xtians copy that.........Genereal overseers where u at?
Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by peeta89(m): 7:11am On Jun 22, 2015
Why must they help only Muslims? Why can't they help Christians as well?

We are all one let's forget about our religious differences.

9 Likes

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Nicepoker(m): 7:11am On Jun 22, 2015
Pls any help on how to ban mods. I won't mention names but these 2 keep creeping behind me like thieves.

To topic,, simple. FG should use. Scissors and carve out osun from Nigeria map.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Giyerte(m): 7:11am On Jun 22, 2015
moscobabs:
No thank u to them....they are paying their Sakat Ni.
lol
Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 22, 2015
very good smiley

1 Like

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by henryobinna(m): 7:11am On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by amanze15(m): 7:12am On Jun 22, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by emaculate99: 7:12am On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Helkayklassic(m): 7:13am On Jun 22, 2015
nice one

1 Like

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Giyerte(m): 7:13am On Jun 22, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

imo state Na 12months o

7 Likes

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Olanireti(m): 7:13am On Jun 22, 2015
Aregbe turning workers to beggars. This is so uncalled for. It's now taking the intervention of churches and mosques to feed salary earners. God please save our nation. I guess this will bring the fall of APC in osun come next election.
Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 22, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
SECONDUS sorry i meant SECONDED

1 Like

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Giyerte(m): 7:14am On Jun 22, 2015
Princecalm:
religious differences paying out.

kinda right
Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Maxymilliano(m): 7:14am On Jun 22, 2015
Aregbe see your life ?

Very soon, it will be the turn of Gani Adam led OPC to feed the hapless workers of Osun ...

1 Like

Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Motolank: 7:14am On Jun 22, 2015
Typing........ because it's first page......

Wasted land cool not for sale
Re: Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers by Giyerte(m): 7:14am On Jun 22, 2015
Olanireti:
Aregbe turning workers to beggars. This is so uncalled for. It's now taking the intervention of churches and mosques to feed salary earners. God please save our nation. I guess this will bring the fall of APC in osun come next election.

it will affect them wella

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"President Buhari, VP Osinbajo Care Less About Re-election" - Ismaeel Ahmed / 2019: South-east PDP Warns Against Sabotaging Atiku/obi •insists Obi Very Qualif / Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.