Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Abandoned Mercedes Benz 300SL Found In Cuba. (pictures) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Abandoned Mercedes Benz 300SL Found In Cuba. (pictures) (2852 Views)

10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures) / N200million Lamborghini Countach Abandoned In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abandoned Mercedes Benz 300SL Found In Cuba. (pictures) by MotoringNigeria: 7:14am On Jun 22, 2015
Snapper Piotr Degler was entranced by the Caribbean republic's automotive landscape - frozen, at least in part, since the 1950s - and soon got wind of a ‘legendary' 300SL rumoured by locals to lay somewhere on the island. So with his Inspector Gadget hat firmly on, Degler went hunting high and low for a month, travelling two thousand miles in the process.

He asked everyone. He looked everywhere. And, only a few days before he was due to depart, he spotted the 300SL's still-priceless silver remains hiding under a banana tree.

Piotr told Classic Driver : "When I found it, I spent the whole day taking pictures. Finding the car was an indescribable experience."
Also, we suspect, a heartbreaking one: the 300SL surely ranks as the prettiest Mercedes-Benz in history. So, with the US and Cuba now on friendlier relations, we'd suggest taking a trip down Havana way to take in the motoring landscape in all its Fifties charm.
Who knows what you might find?

Motoringnigeria..com

1 Share

Re: Abandoned Mercedes Benz 300SL Found In Cuba. (pictures) by anuma1(m): 7:27am On Jun 22, 2015
Beautiful Car
Re: Abandoned Mercedes Benz 300SL Found In Cuba. (pictures) by Smartkids: 11:04am On Jun 22, 2015
pretty!
Re: Abandoned Mercedes Benz 300SL Found In Cuba. (pictures) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
SLS!
Re: Abandoned Mercedes Benz 300SL Found In Cuba. (pictures) by lonelydora: 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
That's the ride
Re: Abandoned Mercedes Benz 300SL Found In Cuba. (pictures) by Frankestein08(m): 4:19am On Jun 23, 2015
just imagine rocking this in naija.
Re: Abandoned Mercedes Benz 300SL Found In Cuba. (pictures) by Kashif(m): 6:15am On Jun 23, 2015
Is this one of the flying cars? undecided grin

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Mercedes Benz 300SL Found In Cuba. (pictures) by MotoringNigeria: 7:15am On Jun 23, 2015
Kashif:
Is this one of the flying cars? undecided grin

For the safety of our fellow nigerians, I do hope you're not a pilot. grin

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned Mercedes Benz 300SL Found In Cuba. (pictures) by Stancity(m): 8:03am On Jun 23, 2015
This car just reminded me the state of Nigerian leaders and the Masses.. The leaders when resume office tends to abandone the Masses that voted them in, but then, one day the ABANDONED shall become the mostly Admired..

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Mercedes Benz 300SL Found In Cuba. (pictures) by Frankestein08(m): 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
Stancity:
This car just reminded me the state of Nigerian leaders and the Masses.. The leaders when resume office tends to abandone the Masses that voted them in, but then, one day the ABANDONED shall become the mostly Admired..

nice one bruh.

(1) (Reply)

Free Autocheck.com VIN Checks Here! / Accidentall Free Toyota Camry 2006 ,with Remote Start For Quick Sale / BMW E46 3-series 4-door Smoke CCFL Projector Headlight For Cheap Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.