Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy (20949 Views)

Stop Paying Politicians Like Me Jumbo Salary – Ben Bruce Tweets / Labour To Proceed On Strike Tomorrow Over Fuel Hike / Subsidy: Muslims Call On Labour To Dialogue Not Occupy Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 22, 2015
room089:
Is it in this administration that Senators and Members of house reps started enjoying jumbo salaries and packages?

Is NLC just knowing about this now? Did it travelled out of the country since 1999 when it all started?

What did NLC do when Sanusi cried foul over this?

I see NLC dancing to the discordant tunes of the radical opposition with no interest of the country in its heart.

Leave the room; it's affecting your vision!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by BlackBaron: 8:54am On Jun 22, 2015
Supported.

I think the focus should be on their allowances.
There should also be accountability and visual evidence of how they spent the money given for the constituency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by bayusdipe(m): 8:55am On Jun 22, 2015
this NLC chairman has spoken well
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by gerald09(m): 8:55am On Jun 22, 2015
everyone keep threatening to shot down the economy, Oil n Gas, Labor, Militants, Terrorist and so on. everyone dey claim "fighting for the people" i wonder, i just wonder.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by bukason212(m): 8:56am On Jun 22, 2015
dearpreye:

The lawmakers won't willingly agree to having their jumbo pays slashed, hence the call from the NLC.

Will you support the cause?
why not but d NLC has been compromised, thats my fear
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 22, 2015
kay1one2:
Nigeria is one of the world's poorest countries but has some of the highest paid legislators (or thieves) in the world! shocked

Because it's masses are timid and extremely docile.

Aren't you surprised some folks here are already attacking the NLC?

It's obvious we love slavery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 22, 2015
bukason212:

why not but d NLC has been compromised, thats my fear

Please, discard that needless fear.

It's just a risk we all to take.

Please support the call when the time comes.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by chidiandre(m): 9:02am On Jun 22, 2015
NLC is like a dog that barks but doesn't bite where were they when in Jonathan's administration billions of nigeria were going missing..
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by walosha(f): 9:02am On Jun 22, 2015
The national assembly is now a breeding ground for corrupt poliicians
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by ayindejimmy(m): 9:03am On Jun 22, 2015
We have to start threatening these ingrates.
It's time we, as good citizens of this country start putting our mouths where our money is. If they don't do what we want there are options for us. Any member that doesn't comply should be recalled. Let's know who's for us and who's against us.

Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by iamlol(m): 9:03am On Jun 22, 2015
The NLC should Aladdin the whole Aladdin
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 22, 2015
otr1:
I'm not in support of shutting down the economy.
When they're ready for revolution, I'll make myself available.
Only ordinary citizens will bear brunt of this shut down.

Your statement is so depressing.

How have the ordinary people being faring? They have never really being doing well. Good governance has its own price. Only fighters deserve good governance.

The lawmakers only understand protests and non cooperation.

If the masses continue in this path of self preservation, they will never witness a meaningful government.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by front247: 9:06am On Jun 22, 2015
We must hold our leaders accountable
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by change49ja: 9:09am On Jun 22, 2015
CHANGE must start from the National Assembly angry
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by okeyximo(m): 9:12am On Jun 22, 2015
What's the difference between salary and allowance.. angry
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by anonimi: 9:13am On Jun 22, 2015
Finally NLC wakes up.
Good.
No. Great response.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by baralatie(m): 9:14am On Jun 22, 2015
room089:
Is it in this administration that Senators and Members of house reps started enjoying jumbo salaries and packages?

Is NLC just knowing about this now? Did it travelled out of the country since 1999 when it all started?

What did NLC do when Sanusi cried foul over this?

I see NLC dancing to the discordant tunes of the radical opposition with no interest of the country in its heart.
that is the game plan!
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Rainmaker69(m): 9:17am On Jun 22, 2015
dearpreye:

Too much talk. No sense whatsoever in what you've written above.

Granted the NLC has not done enough for the people in recent years. But I think the call by the NLC is a great call that should be heeded by every Nigerian worker.

The NASS is also amongst the reasons why the economy is depressed.

Please don't advertise your ignorance in public. Obviously you're ignorant of the role and function of the NLC.
Get your facts straight before making inane comments. NLC doesn't fight for the 'masses'. The NLC also isn't a civil society organisation. The NLC as a trade union is a selfish organisation.

The issue of NASS allowances is civil and political. What this means is you must adopt civil/political remedies.
Public opinion isn't "too much talk". You can go to court as a concerned Nigerian. I'm sure you're a civil servant looking forward to compulsory holiday. Shior.

The use of 'strikes' as a tool for registering protests has been abused in Nigeria. The country loses revenue, the private sector loses revenue. The only thing that's guaranteed are civil servants salaries.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Rainmaker69(m): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2015
celeron40:
senseless post.
Smh. Spambot.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 22, 2015
Rainmaker69:

Please don't advertise your ignorance in public. Obviously you're ignorant of the role and function of the NLC.
Get your facts straight before making inane comments. NLC doesn't fight for the 'masses'. The NLC also isn't a civil society organisation. The NLC as a trade union is a selfish organisation.

The issue of NASS allowances is civil and political. What this means is you must adopt civil/political remedies.
Public opinion isn't "too much talk". You can go to court as a concerned Nigerian. I'm sure you're a civil servant looking forward to compulsory holiday. Shior.

The use of 'strikes' as a tool for registering protests has been abused in Nigeria. The country loses revenue, the private sector loses revenue. The only thing that's guaranteed are civil servants salaries.

Keep waiting for the political solution. Keep waiting.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by omocalabar(m): 9:25am On Jun 22, 2015
Mattkent:
I agree there should be equitable distribution of wealth. minimum wage is 18,000, just imagine?!

So we are slaves right? why they that earn such ridiculous salaries are what?

* I have an infinix hot note for sale. just two weeks old. with full accessories.
. am interested in ur hot note....pls watsapp me or call me let's talk...08061107290
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by teemy(m): 9:29am On Jun 22, 2015
I am looking forward to the new minimum wage drama. Sure enough wardrobe allowance and hardship allowance would be in the mix. grin
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by digitsolution: 9:30am On Jun 22, 2015
I do hope this is not just Talk but backed with Action.

Anyways For all your branding and customization projects/jobs we deliver nationwide

Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 22, 2015
[b] RUBBISH I HATE LOUD MOUTHED BULL DOGS/b]
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by uzodimma4sunnex: 9:35am On Jun 22, 2015
It is high time we take our future into our hands by protesting against this ridiculous pay to our so called leaders .
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by nel4k(m): 9:38am On Jun 22, 2015
LETS LOOK AT 3MILLION PER LEGISLATOR ON MONTHLY BASIS THAT WILL BE BETTER FOR US.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by donodion(m): 9:42am On Jun 22, 2015
Rainmaker69:
Abeg NLC should shut up and sit down. They are not the voice of the masses. Selfish people pushing selfish interests.
Why should anyone talk of shutting down an economy that is barely struggling? If they don't have any new ideas then they should just park well. Meanwhile, do quick and refund the housing project moneys 1st.
The only way to effect change is for every Nigerian to lend a voice to the call for a reduction in the jumbo salaries and allowances of public servants.
Unfortunately that "voice lending" is never enough to effect CHANGE in Nigeria. Past experiences have proven this.
Only ACTION does.Yes let the economy be shut down.Airports shut,land borders shut, All education depts. Shut, trade and commerce shut.... Eh hen then they would listen and act immediately.
Let the people pack action to NASS.

#occupyNASS
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by AskProf: 9:43am On Jun 22, 2015
Kingsasian:
I swear if I have my way I would bomb those legislators. They are thieves.

Spoke my mind.
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by otr1(m): 9:48am On Jun 22, 2015
dearpreye:

Your statement is so depressing.

How have the ordinary people being faring? They have never really being doing well. Good governance has its own price. Only fighters deserve good governance.

The lawmakers only understand protests and non cooperation.

If the masses continue in this path of self preservation, they will never witness a meaningful government.
I'm not against massive protests. But just shutting down the economy through strike action won't work.

And there's this tradition of giving job slots to politicians.
Up to 3000 new FRSC officers will be passing out of training this month end and no news carried the adverts for applicationgrin
Everything was shared among the members of the NA, the Executives and some insiders.
This kind of lawlessness is what brings anarchy.
Things must change for real within the next four years, or else...
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by gbengus26(m): 9:56am On Jun 22, 2015
Good move
Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Excellent7(m): 9:57am On Jun 22, 2015
dearpreye:
This is a clarion call that all should subscribe to.

Nobody needs a reminder on how these few individuals have continued to rape and plunder our nation.

It's time to support the NLC.

When are we shutting down the economy?

N50 billion is decent enough for their allowances and salaries. Anyone who can't take that amount should leave the assembly for better Nigerians to occupy and move the nation forward.

I support mass action against the disproportionate allocation of resources to the National Assembly.
In fact they NLC and Civil Society groups, should campaign against the constituency projects thing. To me it is a waste of resources, as it is difficult to point to what former NASS members have done with it vis-a-vis the amount allocated.
The guys should be concerned with making good laws while the executive concentrates on developmental projects

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 22, 2015
Which market do they go to? Is it not the same market with someone with 18,000 minimum wage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi / My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones / Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.