Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Bunch Of Confusion In Christianity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bunch Of Confusion In Christianity (3947 Views)

I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. / Is Commiting Suicide A Sin? In Christianity? / Mental Slavery In Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bunch Of Confusion In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

Being an atheist doesn't make 1 a bad person pls

same with being labeled an agent of satan, it still does not make you a bad person..

Belief makes nobody a good person, your behaviour does!!!

1 Like

Re: Bunch Of Confusion In Christianity by Medicis(m): 12:22am On Jun 26, 2015
MizJanet:

You really tried but the Contradiction Remains simply because you are wrong @ bold , 1timothy 6:14 makes it clear that the person in 1timothy 6:16 is Jesus NOT THE FATHER ,
I really tried? I think the contradiction remains in your head. The New testament is written in greek and not english, and that's why we have so many english traslations and that's why peopple like us read other English translations for better understanding. New international version explains it better. 1 Timothy 6:13-16New International Version (NIV)

13 In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you 14 to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen. And secondly verse 16 says '' WHO ALONE HAS IMMORTALITY''. Are you telling me that only jesus alone has immortality and that the Father and the HolySpirit does not? Please kindly explain this cos you seem to know the Bible very well and I really want to learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bunch Of Confusion In Christianity by MizJanet(f): 8:24am On Jun 26, 2015
Medicis:
I really tried? I think the contradiction remains in your head. The New testament is written in greek and not english,

Really ? Then "hell" and "hellfire" are english MYTHS , since the two words didnt apear in greek.

and that's why we have so many english traslations and that's why peopple like us read other English translations for better understanding.

Hmmm , so many versions and confusion

New international version explains it better. 1 Timothy 6:13-16New International Version (NIV)

13 In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you 14 to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 which God will bring about in his own time— God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

Lie , which version is this ? Crook and twisted

# for your information, the underlined phrase, " God" didnt appear in 1 Timothy 6:15 in the greek, IT WAS ADDED BY THE BRAINWASHED TRANSLATORS cheesy

And secondly verse 16 says '' WHO ALONE HAS IMMORTALITY''. Are you telling me that only jesus alone has immortality and that the Father and the HolySpirit does not?
Please kindly explain this cos you seem to know the Bible very well and I really want to learn.

Lol @ bold , are you now questioning your bible ? You want to argue with Paul ? cheesy
Re: Bunch Of Confusion In Christianity by Medicis(m): 9:57am On Jun 26, 2015

Lol @ bold , are you now questioning your bible ? You want to argue with Paul ? cheesy
[/quote] Lol@ MizJanet you also know greek I'm not quetioning my Bible or Paul, I'm questioning you. You have not answered my quetion. If you claim that Bible passage is talking about Jesus alone, then I DARE YOU to explain this '''' WHO ALONE HAS IMMORTALITY''''' to me and to everybody on this thread pleeeeeeeaase.
Re: Bunch Of Confusion In Christianity by MizJanet(f): 10:06am On Jun 26, 2015
Medicis:

Lol@ MizJanet you also know greek I'm not quetioning my Bible or Paul, I'm questioning you. You have not answered my quetion. If you claim that Bible passage is talking about Jesus alone, then I DARE YOU to explain this '''' WHO ALONE HAS IMMORTALITY''''' to me and to everybody on this thread pleeeeeeeaase.

How do you religiotards think ? Your bible said Jesus ALONE has immortality , you said mizjanet said it , your case is pathetic .
1 Tim 6:14-16
" the appearance of the Lord Jesus Christ ... The King of kings and the Lord of lords ... Who alone has immortality"

Are u confuse ? Paul says Jesus alone has immortality , argue with him please , grin

1 Like

Re: Bunch Of Confusion In Christianity by MizJanet(f): 10:09am On Jun 26, 2015
A very confuse set of people

1 Like

Re: Bunch Of Confusion In Christianity by Medicis(m): 12:37am On Jun 27, 2015
1 Tim 4:14-16
" the appearance of the Lord Jesus Christ ... The King of kings and the Lord of lords ... Who alone has immortality" ?? So you've been reading from MizJanet's version all this while? Kindly let me read 1 Tim 4:14-16 from our own version of the Bible. 1 Timothy 4:14-16New King James Version (NKJV)

14 Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership. 15 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all. 16 Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you. This clearly shows that you are soooooo confuse and your case is soooooooo pathetic. The contradiction still remains in your Head and in @MizJanet's version of the Bible. Where can I get or buy @Mizjanet's version from? BUHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Re: Bunch Of Confusion In Christianity by MizJanet(f): 6:14am On Jun 27, 2015
Medicis:
[s]
1 Tim 4:14-16
" the appearance of the Lord Jesus Christ ... The King of kings and the Lord of lords ... Who alone has immortality" ??

So you've been reading from MizJanet's version all this while? Kindly let me read 1 Tim 4:14-16 from our own version of the Bible. 1 Timothy 4:14-16New King James Version (NKJV)

14 Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership. 15 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all. 16 Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
[/s]

YEAH, you are seriously looking for an excape route ? You are not wise at all , if you are wise you will know the verse in quote is 1 Tim 6:14-16 , confuse churchman
Re: Bunch Of Confusion In Christianity by Medicis(m): 9:25am On Jun 27, 2015
MizJanet:

YEAH, you are seriously looking for an excape route ? You are not wise at all , if you are wise you will know the verse in quote is 1 Tim 6:14-16 , confuse churchman
Poor Pussycat!!! Grasping at straws. LOL
Re: Bunch Of Confusion In Christianity by MizJanet(f): 10:32am On Jun 29, 2015
Medicis:
[s] Poor Pussycat!!! Grasping at straws. LOL [/s]

Here is the chat :

Paul: "Jesus , the king of kings and the lord of lords , who ALONE has immortality"

Medicis : are you telling me that only Jesus has imortality, while the father and holyspirit does not ?

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? / The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist / End-time Bible Teaching: Preparing For Rapture, Prt 3, (filling Wt Holy Spirit)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.