Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,483 members, 7,801,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) (71628 Views)

Please What Can I Use For My Skin That Harshly Reacts To Mosquito Bite / Man Escapes Death After An Insect Bite In Rivers State (Photos) / Female Medical Doctor Dies In Warri After Her Return From Ukraine. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by PointB: 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
mfm04622:

Malaria kill a lot of Nigerians. We don't know because we don't care to do autopsy. We just bury and move on! Malaria is a leading killer of those aged under 5. Also kill adults too. If you want to know if Malaria is ordinary bread and butter, next time you have malaria, confirm it is malaria (to be sure it is not typhoid) then don't treat it!

I'm not saying Malaria don't kill. I'm saying it kill ignorant and poor people (i.e those who don't know about it, and those too poor to treat it). In this case, I doubt if the woman it ignorant of Malaria, the poverty angle obviously don't apply. Malaria is not yet death sentence, it's not Ebola! Even Ebola can be cured.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by shepherdnoble: 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
She has weak blood in her system.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Mavor: 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
Alexander the Great died of malaria. That a turkish hospital in 2015 don't know to properly diagnose an old time disease is their own wahala. How many foreigners live in Nigeria who have probably carried malaria illness to their home country and got treated? $hitty turkish airlines apparently dont have enough sense to know to protect her employees who work in tropical countries against tropical diseases. Condolences to her family though.

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Kassidy90(m): 3:55pm On Jun 22, 2015
PointB:
Ordinary Malaria that is bread and butter here? undecided undecided
Hahahahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by donodion(m): 3:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
metroparrot:

http://www.dailysabah.com/nation/2015/06/20/turkish-airlines-flight-attendant-loses-her-life-following-mosquito-bite-in-nigeria
RIP to the dead but this is hard to believe.

Last I recall many international flight to and out of Nigeria sprays mild insecticide on board before take off. I've witnessed this 3 times.
Unless proven it was severe malaria attack... I decline to accept cause of death.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by ayomide947(m): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by ayomide947(m): 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
Rip to d dead kiss[b][/b]
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by topsco(m): 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
Speechless...RIP to the dead.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by ugoezeik(m): 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
wait ooooo shey no be dis mosquitoes wey full my house dem dey talk abi na another one?
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
The mosquito was a freedom fighter; this one was for all his unborn children that oyinbo drugs kill every year #freelavababy
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Certifiedboss: 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
.....The name of the mosquito na JANGOFUBU!!! na straw him and him guys take dey operate.....RiP to the dead...

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by TINCAN(m): 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
D last tym i checked d capital of Nigeria was Abuja not lagos ? shocked cool
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Bflexing(m): 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
Diagnose her twice as flu [size=13pt]in a whole TURKEY[/size] undecided undecided wtf!!! Even my grandma can diagnose malaria just by looking at u from afar. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Cyranho: 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
Want an extra source of income? Follow this link http://jobncash.com/?ref=111577 now and start earning right away
NB: You can make as much as 300$ in 10 days.It all depends on you.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Missonas(f): 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
Firefire:
RIP to the dead.

[size=15pt]Malaria has a cure, a detailed autopsy would revealed the true caused of her death. [/size]

No offeinse brov but do u have a problem with present tense?
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by dwayni: 5:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
Shout-out to any iddiot who'd believe this bs.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by ZeezaRapture(m): 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
Firefire:
RIP to the dead.
[size=15pt]Malaria has a cure, a detailed autopsy would revealed the true caused of her death. [/size]

see as you don give me headache with this your grammatical hula-hula embarassed

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by leGeExus(m): 5:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:
u don start abi grin
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by vincenthero23(m): 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2015
Haha! Just mosquito?
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
metroparrot:

http://www.dailysabah.com/nation/2015/06/20/turkish-airlines-flight-attendant-loses-her-life-following-mosquito-bite-in-nigeria
Poor doctors, common malaria they can't easily dictate . I thought it only exist in Nigeria . est in peace dear.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by iswallker(m): 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
chisos.... embarassed..so dis punny don go..
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by may0001: 5:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
PointB:
Ordinary Malaria that is bread and butter here? undecided undecided
Dem never talk true. Only agbo for cure her. shocked cool
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by otiigba1(m): 5:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Proguanil or doxycycline.

Plus....if you are a Nigerian, and you have been away for six months and above from Nigeria....on coming back, please take either drug for the duration of your stay in Nigeria.
thanks.will this drug be good for europeans too? because my wife and son (mixed raced) maybe going with me too to nigeria And i would assume i can get this meds behind the counter (i mean chemist) in nigeria and if i may ask how effective is it?
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
otiigba1:
thanks.will this drug be good for europeans too? because my wife and son (mixed raced) maybe going with me too to nigeria And i would assume i can get this meds behind the counter (i mean chemist) in nigeria and if i may ask how effective is it?

Yes it would.

And yes....you can get proguanil (paludrine) from the counter.Cheaper here in Nigeria...don't try buying it outside.!
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by otiigba1(m): 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2015
dapipson:
Poor doctors, common malaria they can't easily dictate . I thought it only exist in Nigeria . est in peace dear.
european Doctors are not able to detect malaria fast because malaria does not exist in europe they can only diagnose flu which is a common illness in europe but has almost the same symptoms
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
otiigba1:
european Doctors are not able to detect malaria fast because malaria does not exist in europe they can only diagnose flu which is a common illness in europe but has almost the same symptoms
Thanks , I got to know why her condition was poorly handled
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by otiigba1(m): 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Yes it would.

And yes....you can get proguanil (paludrine) from the counter.Cheaper here in Nigeria...don't try buying it outside.!
thanks again i ve been adviced by my doctor to get them vaccinated, but am not sure it would have a maximum effect as their medicines over here are usually mild, to be honest am very apprehensive over this malaria issue as this is the first time (only chance) am taking me child to nigeria as his mother refused me to take him on an earlier occasion because she was worried he may contact malaria
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
otiigba1:
thanks again i ve been adviced by my doctor to get them vaccinated, but am not sure it would have a maximum effect as their medicines over here are usually mild, to be honest am very apprehensive over this malaria issue as this is the first time (only chance) am taking me child to nigeria as his mother refused me to take him on an earlier occasion because she was worried he may contact malaria

Meanwhile....you can get some help from this link below...

http://www.cdc.gov/malaria/travelers/drugs.html
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by bummyla(m): 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
May Her Soul Rest In Peace! Amen!

http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by otiigba1(m): 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Meanwhile....you can get some help from this link below...

http://www.cdc.gov/malaria/travelers/drugs.html
brilliant! you ve been very helpful, credit to you once again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

74 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Kano Confirmed By Governor Ganduje / Coronavirus: Panda Supermarket, Abuja Shut Down By FG / Sudden Death: 4 Ways Sex Can Kill You (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.