Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,025 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 (4360 Views)

Unbiased Review Of The Tecno Camon CX; The Good, The Bad And The Body. / An Unbaised Review Of The Tecno Phantom 6 And Unboxing Video / User Review Of The Newly Released Infinix Hots X521 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by swisscarter(m): 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Short Detailed Review Of The Elephone P7000

Design
________

My P7000 is grey in colour (nice design). Beautiful metal body. Front camera and light sensor well placed

Back camera well crafted and also the FingerPrint sensor well placed for easy access(most of my pals still suprised how i unlock the phone without touching the screen!

Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by swisscarter(m): 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
Software( Os)

The P7000 runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop (although i was expecting 5.1, heard they were working on it so no qualms)

The Os is beautiful (Google Stock Design) also present are some nice functions integrated into the ROM, like the HarleQuin Led notification which can help you customise the colour of the Notification button!✔

Also present under Sound and notification is Sound Enhancement
Its really useful as it purifies and increases the loudness of both speaker and headset✔

There is also present a gesture option in settings which can enable you activate or launch apps from the lock screen✔

Under display there is an option for MiraVision™ for enhancing picture Quality/Optimisation (THIS OPTION AVAILABLE IN LATEST OS VERSION)✔

The kernel of P7000 also supports Full OTG✔
etc!

Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by swisscarter(m): 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
Camera Quality

The camera quality is too great! I gave a friend of mine who uses Infinix hot note pro and htc one. It was confirmed that the camera of the P7000 is excellent.....Few Snapshots below⬇⬇⬇⬇

The front selfie cam is also good too✔

Pic taken by someone else..... Not me

Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by swisscarter(m): 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
Screen/Display

FHD screen....
Its marvellous. Its has a really crisp display i assure you. Although i dont really know why Elephone added an overlaying black stuff over the screen, most people dont think its actually up to 5.5"(this doesnt disturb the screen tho, as it was actually measured with a rule and it was 14mm=5.5")

The screen is also clear when playing games too.
Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by swisscarter(m): 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
Battery
________

The P7000 comes with a 3450mah Li-Po battery. Which "to me" its NOT impressive(Looking from the POV of my previous phone Gionee M3)

The battery lasts for 6hrs continous heavy usage (not impressive)

For a medium user like me it lasts more than that From my screen shot below you'll see that the phone was in use more than idle. And from the graph, the phone was on from 6am and now its past 2pm you can guess how many hours it has been in use (snapping, playing music, watched a movie, surfed and always online)

Also the Octa core processor plays a major role in battery drainage (I solved mine by installing Battery Doctor and enabling CPU control)

1 Share

Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by swisscarter(m): 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
➡Heating

The P7000 gets hot close to the finger print area. I was wondering if it was my phone that was bad but it turns out it wasnt only me.

I solved the issue using the battery doctor also(heating reduced drastically)

There are also other ways to reduce heating(with root access).. for more inquiries add up sir Elijahdre with his no below.

Those who are heavy users may comsider getting a Power Bank or if you have one no problem!

Sensors
_________
Accelerometer✔
Magnetic Sensor✔
Proximity Sensor✔
Light sensor✔
Pressure (CPUz)✔

For me the p7000 is a really awesome device! It was "Money Well Spent"✔✔✔
Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by maxdozie(m): 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
Thanks bro

A true review from an Elephone p7000 user
Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by Stvkmicheal(m): 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
How much?
Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by swisscarter(m): 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
Storage
_________

I dont know why Elephone did this or if its an error but its quite stupid

The storage partitions were swapped
i.e apps and games see phone storage as Sdcard0 and sees external Sdcard as Sdcard1

so basically default storage is phone memory.....!

Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by maxdozie(m): 5:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
Adding up to his claims here is my battery stat

Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by swisscarter(m): 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
maxdozie:
Adding up to his claims here is my battery stat
nice one Sir
Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by lordthree(m): 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
need to get this phone, i think the white looks better tho
Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by Daraplato(m): 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
I think the memory ish affects all stock lollipop devices. There's a module in XDA anyway, which fixes this. For the gamers.
Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by Tolzeal(m): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
Awesomr Spec i must say !!
Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by swisscarter(m): 5:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Daraplato:
I think the memory ish affects all stock lollipop devices. There's a module in XDA anyway, which fixes this. For the gamers.
there's a fix for that already
Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by swisscarter(m): 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
Tolzeal:
Awesomr Spec i must say !!
yes Sir
Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
lordthree:
no white?
oga buy gold one for your boy.
Re: Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000 by wiseone28: 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bad battery.. I will still come here next month when you want to sell it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Android Phones Use Glo 4g LTE? / Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It. / Jiayu F2 4G LTE Phone Personal Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.