Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,773 members, 7,798,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points (61819 Views)

Ortom Orders Removal Of His Name From Wheelbarrows, Hoes / Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers / The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Islie: 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
By Ben Agande, Abuja.
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the removal of all military check points nationwide and has directed that police should take control of internal security.
Addressing State House correspondents after‎ a meeting between the president and service chiefs, the Permanent Secretary in the ministry of defence, Alhaji Ismail Aliyu said the president directed the security chiefs to liaise with the Police on taking over internal security.
According to the Permanent Secretary, the meeting with the security chiefs was to give them the opportunity to brief the president on the implementations of recent decisions reached on the fight against insurgency.
He also said that the military high command briefed the president on the relocation of the command centre to ‎Maiduguri as directed by the president on the day of his inauguration.
Details shortly.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buhari-orders-removal-of-military-check-points/

Cc lalasticlala

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by theV0ice: 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
wahala don come o shocked shocked

Hope our policemen still remember the ABC of internal security o....

because army has majorly being doing that job for them as far back as we can remember.

Anyways, we've been so used to illegality, impunity and distortion of laid down procedures that we cringe at the possibility of doing things the right way. The police is meant to be in charge of internal security while the military takes care of external aggression.

That's what the constitution prescribes.

Kudos to PMB on this even though it gets me scared

234 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by buygala(m): 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
I am no expert on security issues, but this doesn't look good from whatever standpoint I choose to look at it sad

Nigeria is on terror alert and some peeps, like the op above me, are busy yapping about the provisions of the Constitution. undecided....Of what use is the Constitution to a dead citizen? ... The Constitution can properly be set aside on grounds of overriding Public interest..And the current Nigerian situation isn't one where we should allow the Constitution jeopardize our chances of survival both as individuals and as a nation sad

The Nigerian Police is presently physically and emotionally unequipped to properly handle armed robberies, much less terrorists who are almost always out-gunning trained soldiers .... What seems proper to me is that soldiers keep on maintaining internal security, while the Police Force is then properly re-oriented and equipped to take over its Constitutional duties... Because I am already shuddering at the prospect of drunk, and lily-livered Police men manning our state Borders and other sensitive internal areas embarassed

is it just me, or is Baba really going senile?

142 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by jamesharryson(m): 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
must they be removing it every week? pls tell buhari to focus on important issues first

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm.. Baba! Hope water wont end up entering the snail from the back? Poorly equipped and trained police!

atlwireles:
grin grin grin grin grin I hope it includes maiduguri
You are very wicked.

30 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by DrSage(m): 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
Replacement of millitary personnels with policemen shocked. I fear for Nigeria

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
Police ke? shocked

We don die!!!

So we are back to the days of N20 or I shoot you. Dem suppose don step up to N50 self.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
Buhari don come o

Mogidi ecoterrors Make una come see o

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by CR77(f): 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
Old pa Buhari this is not our problem for now

Pls focus on how to make 1$ equal to 1naira

OMG Boko Haram free access into south east and south south

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by yurme(m): 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
police? isorai

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
Where did we wrong President Muhammadu Buhari?

154 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by wildchild1: 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
Good move!!!That will stop all those hungry looking soldiers from harassing and embarrassing someone.

In other news 100pairs of TOMS available for sale
https://www.nairaland.com/2392439/100-pairs-toms-unisex-shoes

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by otijah(m): 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
yeah so that Boko Haram can easily gain access into south east and south south including the rest of the country.
We are finished

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Jorussia(m): 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
.In a Democratic system of government, Its the police,that is empowered by law,to be solely in charge of internal security, the military is only called in,in a very serious security emergency. However, in our own case,the military has virtually taking over the functions of the police and this not a good development in our nascent democracy. This recent order by Mr.president, is a good development, but i believe that it will be best,if the withdrawal of our military personnel is done gradually because of the current ill equipped State of our police force. If our police is well funded,and equipped, there will not be any internal security challenge that won't be able to handle.I was surprised during the unfortunate Boston bombing in the US that it was the police handled the situation, in contrast to ours here where the military will be immediately deployed.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by MizMyColi(f): 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
Wrong Move.
How empowered are these policemen?

Mr President should be aware that the masses feel a better aura of protection when the military is around.
There is a deeply entrenched psychological norm that you do not mess with the military.

Is he trying to prove to us that he has nothing to do with the military anymore, and as such allaying our fears that he is out to militarize Nigeria?
Mr President ought to be reminded of the decay in the institution called the Nigerian Police Force.
A people who are not co-ordinated enough to build better living conditions in their barracks?

I do not support this move.
These policemen will exchange our lives with 50 naira stipends.
It's a big NO!.....imhosmiley

Thank you.

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by richybanky(m): 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
Dis na serious Gobe ooooo, now d boko guys will have power to move frm one area to other, na just to tip our yeye policemen

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by ijustdey: 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
police to man check point

I will say
welcome back to those 50naira taxes they collect from vehicles

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by daikale: 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
hmmmm, comment reserved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Inception(m): 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by zuma4k(m): 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
though I'm a PMB fan, I don't particularly subscribe to the removal of military checkpoints, reason being that I view the police as incapable of maintaining the high level of professionalism deployed by the military in securing lives and properties.... GOD BE WITH US!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by eazydon(m): 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
Okay. Make we dey watch in 3D

Download latest music from www.naijareplay.com
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by makzeze: 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
Gbam!!!!

This is true democracy. Not Militocracy.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Rilwayne001: 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
grin
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by brownlolly(m): 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
The old general has a plan.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by atlwireles: 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin I hope it includes maiduguri

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by mployer(m): 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
This is just not good.

I see no sense in it.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by menesheh(m): 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
I see nothing wrong with military check points in some strategic locations in Nigeria.

We are watching you boy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
barcanista:
Where did we wrong President Muhammadu Buhari?

Nigeria beside the NE is not a war zone. Why should it be heavily militarized ?

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
I'm watching diz Country in 3D.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by softvio(m): 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
nice move...seems like work just started

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Ilekeh(f): 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
Mogidi food Don serve o.

Wa jeun

I hope they're moving them to the North
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by CaptaiinG(m): 5:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
PMB is not a novice, he purposely removed military at internal point and want the military to concentrate on the fight against the bokos

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation / Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy / Secret Agony Of Diezani Alison-madueke's Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.