Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points (61852 Views)

Ortom Orders Removal Of His Name From Wheelbarrows, Hoes / Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers / The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by tjisadinoyi(m): 8:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
buhari should focus on providing employmenent for the teaming nigerian youths.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by TheShopKeeper(m): 8:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
This is a very good decision. Under a democratic dispensation, it is not the job of the military to be involved in internal security - that's the job of police or special agents like the FBI or MI5 or even the SSS. Infact for extreme internal cases, advanced countries have special highly trained units like the SWAT in US & Special Branch in the UK.
The military will have a free hand to do what they are trained to do, which is engaging the terrorists with full force.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by shegspearl(m): 8:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bluetooth2:

If Nigeria is an underdeveloped country, then somali will be what ?

Least developed country
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by tsdarkside(m): 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
hahahaha..you people dey talk like sey,our police force is useless...dont say it loud ohhhhh.....hehehe... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by mrtruth: 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
discusant:

Yep. That's it!!!

In 2001, Buhari charged Muslims to ensure that sharia criminal justice system is extended to all nooks and crannies of Nigeria.

Boko Haram has consistently maintained that it is fighting for a country friendly with sharia criminal justice system.
you can never be more true. Well there is God
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by shegspearl(m): 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
Abba999:

They are all categorized as underdeveloped countries in Africa. Uncle, google is your friend.

No sir, we have least developed countries
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by shegspearl(m): 8:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
JoeCutie:
Magnificent decision. The internal security of a nation is taken care of by the Police and not the soldiers. The army are based in the bushes, at the borders and are seen around once in a while. The Police should assume their responsibility back.

Like the kind of responsibility they previously had?
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by tommykiwi(m): 8:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
Plz,we staying in th north did nt complain abt the soldiers oh Fail buhari..Goodluck where r u? We need u back.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by morbeta(m): 8:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hehehe AIG Mbu get ready for transfer(Medugiri) since ur blood dey hot and combat ready.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by tsdarkside(m): 8:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
Abba999:

They are all categorized as underdeveloped countries in Africa. Uncle, google is your friend.

no matter how developed a african country is,in the eyes of the europeans it will always be a underdeveloped country.....sooo..i say its better to forget white-people...i dont give a kobo,for the opinion of white-people....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Abba999(f): 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2015
tsdarkside:

no matter how developed a african country is,in the eyes of the europeans it will always be a underdeveloped country.....sooo..i say its better to forget white-people...i dont give a kobo,for the opinion of white-people....

Fact is fact! Nigeria is a typical underdeveloped country. Deal with it, and leave sentiments.
It's not about white said, it's about the underdevelopment your nigeria face since independence.
Check the meaning of underdeveloped countries and see where nigeria belong.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by bashydemy(m): 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2015
There will definitely be a joint task between the Police and the Army in some cases, moreso the police will be well equipped and trained to counter any internal crisis i trust PMB he will always make a wise decision..
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by daclint(m): 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2015
wildchild1:
Good move!!!That will stop all those hungry looking soldiers from harassing and embarrassing someone.

In other news 100pairs of TOMS available for sale
https://www.nairaland.com/2392439/100-pairs-toms-unisex-shoes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by shigoslim(m): 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
A wrong move @these crucial time. Nigeria police that can kill juss bkos N20, i swear this we give the arm robber another immune to carry out their evil act.
What i expect from buhari is total reform in our police sector hnmm there is fowl playing i guess the hausa man will continue their normal exultation in southern Nigeria. I knw some we quote me that i'm too sentiment but i knw is ignorance that is disturbing some of us. If u i hve travel to northern part of Nigeria u hardly see police collecting bribe but here in south Nigeria the case id difference . In fact i really miss OGA JONATHAN the real hero tongue

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by AlPeter: 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
lawanson44:

Back to what you told the other poster....

What you said here does not make any sense and as they say, "Common sense is not truly common" and you have just proven that grin
atleast I seem to have it more than you
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
MizMyColi:
Wrong Move.
How empowered are these policemen?

Mr President should be aware that the masses feel a better aura of protection when the military is around.
There is a deeply entrenched psychological norm that you do not mess with the military.

Is he trying to prove to us that he has nothing to do with the military anymore, and as such allaying our fears that he is out to militarize Nigeria?
Mr President ought to be reminded of the decay in the institution called the Nigerian Police Force.
A people who are not co-ordinated enough to build better living conditions in their barracks?

I do not support this move.
These policemen will exchange our lives with 50 naira stipends.
It's a big NO!.....imhosmiley

Thank you.

Darl as much as you've made good points on this development, I still believe the President is doing the right thing.

This is Nigeria not Somali or Libya. The military has no business whatsoever with the civilians unless during days of insurgency.

We keep defying normalcy by allowing the army to be on check-points, streets and walkways.

You don't just throw away your old spoilt toy for a new one when you could have easily fixed it. If the Nigerian Police have been left in a state of decay, I believe it's best thing we push for reforms not to have them wholly prevented from performing their duties.

The military might have instilled discipline and restored decorum in the Nigerian society, but then the manner through which that was achieved doesn't bode well with our fundamental human rights. The citizenry who were supposed to be protected are being subjected to harsh treatment and severe punishment by the army.

In some states, the army are bought easily by some individuals and influential figures and are used to settle scores, this clearly tells one thing, the military just like the police are also corrupt.

So I believe this is a good move, one that must be followed up with the reform of the Nigerian Police.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by dekress1(m): 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
well, i hope road leading to maiduguri and environs are not included, cos the military are the ones guarding police stations and post along maiduguri cos the police are not fully equipped to protect there own stations and baracks talk more of road blocks...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Myself2(m): 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
CR77:
Old pa Buhari this is not our problem for now

Pls focus on how to make 1$ equal to 1naira

OMG Boko Haram free access into south east and south south

Exactly.Buhari just said nationwide to fool people, his intention is to remove the military check points in all Boko haram infested areas so the terrorists can move freely

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by cell5683(m): 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hmmmmmmm Buhari this ur Islamic agenda no go work o!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by mykedats: 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
[Lets the do their job in the barracks and the external aggression duties.quote author=Islie post=35034633]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buhari-orders-removal-of-military-check-points/

Cc lalasticlala [/quote]
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by chrisword: 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by bigtt76(f): 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
Step up N50? Dem go soon begin go cashless sef using POS now grin

IjogzK:
Police ke? shocked

We don die!!!

So we are back to the days of N20 or I shoot you. Dem suppose don step up to N50 self.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by lomprico(m): 9:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Stop hyping the military. Many Nigerians have complained that the soldiers on the highway don't do any search instead just constitute nuisance by creating unnecessary traffic jam and extort innocent Nigerians.
And d police have done worse. Even killing for as little as 20 naira extortion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by dober(m): 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
Change you want. Change you receive! Its all about change people. So stop complaining.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by piagetskinner(m): 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hmm.. baba I dey fear oo...if for anything @ all, I do not think military men should be withdrawn from checkpoints that are situated in the north!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by LoveMachine(m): 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
I'm liking the regime change. It's no longer business as usual. Big tings a gwan!
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by remirez07(m): 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
Jorussia:
.In a Democratic system of government, Its the police,that is empowered by law,to be solely in charge of internal security, the military is only called in,in a very serious security emergency. However, in our own case,the military has virtually taking over the functions of the police and this not a good development in our nascent democracy. This recent order by Mr.president, is a good development, but i believe that it will be best,if the withdrawal of our military personnel is done gradually because of the current ill equipped State of our police force. If our police is well funded,and equipped, there will not be any internal security challenge that won't be able to handle.I was surprised during the unfortunate Boston bombing in the US that it was the police handled the situation, in contrast to ours here where the military will be immediately deployed.
Sir, not when there is trouble in the country.... Tell me, how many Bh issues has NPF solved? We are talking about terrorist here, who knows how to use bomb not robbers. The only thing that has selves the rest of the states is because of army checking point. terrorist is not a child play .. Well I pray, it works our well..
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by remirez07(m): 9:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
Islie:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buhari-orders-removal-of-military-check-points/

Cc lalasticlala
Oga not when there is trouble in the country.... Tell me, how many Bh issues has NPF solved? We are talking about terrorist here, who knows how to use bomb not robbers. The only thing that has selves the rest of the states is because of army checking point. terrorist is not a child play .. Well I pray, it works our well..
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by gfullmoon(m): 9:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
I can see some unrepentant arm robbers dancing shoki!Removing the Army will escalate the almost tamed Kidnapping,armed robbery and violent crime in South East,South South and South West. Nigerian Police care more about their belly (illegal money) than they care about internal security. Hence, as it stands now they should be retrained or reoriented fit in when the Army are gone. PMB should pls make it a gradual process to psychologically reposition our police to the challenges ahead. Those citing Constitution,I don't think our Constitution forsaw a situation whereby someone will carry bomb laden outfit with the sole aim of killing himself and many others. The Police or Army cannot even threaten him/her with death or bribe like they will do to arm robbers.This is the reality of this century most of our officers are not equipped for.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by lastpage: 9:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
He ordered Military to do the job:
The HATERS were all over the place shouting "this man should know we are in a democracy, this man has military mentality, this man trusts only his 'boys' e.t.c

Now, he replaces them with the constitutionally approved Police:

The children of ANGER again came to town: The Police is not ready, What did we do to Buhari, this is not important, blah-blah-blah! shocked shocked

Shoooh!
I pray this their madness does not stop o, because they are on a VERY LONG THING............ till 2023
tongue tongue tongue

Meanwhile #SaiBaaba nor send anybody..... Haters and Anger Pikins can jump inside ma Soakaway!
kiss kiss

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Appleyard(m): 9:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
theV0ice:
wahala don come o shocked shocked

Hope our policemen still remember the ABC of internal security o....

because army has majorly being doing that job for them as far back as we can remember.

Anyways, we've been so used to illegality, impunity and distortion of laid down procedures that we cringe at the possibility of doing things the right way. The police is meant to be in charge of internal security while the military takes care of external aggression.

That's what the constitution prescribes.

Kudos to PMB on this even though it gets me scared

True words bro. There are times i do wonder if there is a police force in Nigeria, because, like you rightly mentioned, the Nigeria army has been factually playing a dual role--- internal and external security. It has become so bad that people now prefer to settle scores and carry out arrests of offenders using the army or vigilante groups, simply because the NPF has lost its integrity and whatever deterence it can project, due to endemic corruption, under development and betrayal of public trust.

The Nigerian police force is virtually none functioning and in none existence.

It is very heart breaking when a policeman practically select the cases and checks he needs to handle, as it relates to arrest of persons and investigations in area of operation and zoning within the force. But when you call the same policeman to help in recovering a debt, you would be shock to see how effectve he is, as if that is part of his duty, when you shall behold in awe the intimidation, brutality and arrests that would follow---since he is gonna get some change from it. But the same policeman will look the other way from a suspected tinted glass Jeep, not caring what is inside, provided he has gotten the much revered hundred naira note: something you hardly see a SOULJA do.

It is even more regretably lugubrous when you come accross a policeman who can not distinguished between a criminal and civil offence. Very pathetic.
The same policeman you will find on the highways and byways!

Therefore, the removal of the army from all check points, though done in good faith, is likely to exacarbate the fragile security condition of our roads and cities, since that deterrence (however little) may no longer be there.

May God help us!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by charlesucheh(m): 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
IjogzK:
Police ke? shocked

We don die!!!

So we are back to the days of N20 or I shoot you. Dem suppose don step up to N50 self.
And who says soldiers don't.
Guy! When your assess people, try to put yourself in their shoes. The whole nation is corrupt, you speak of the police because you see them every day. CETERIS PARIBUS, would they be as corrupt as you've portrayed of them?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Buhari And Trump Phone Call / Governor Bindow Visits Suntai, Ex-Governor Who Survived A Plane Crash. Photo / Bishop Oyedepo, Atiku And Obasanjo Meet At OBJ's Residence In Abeokuta (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.