Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,965 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:30 AM

2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion (887 Views)

FFK: "Okorocha The Diaper-Wearing Governor Says Buhari Is Not On Life Support" / Oshiomhole Is The Biggest Thief In Benin City, Says Lucky Igbinedion / 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by manuch(m): 7:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
former governor of Edo state, Lucky Igbinedion on Sunday broke his long silence in the politics of the state by boasting that the next person to govern the state must get his anointing to win the 2016 governorship election.
Igbinedion who left office in 2007 after governing for eight years, declared that he would play a prominent role in the choice of who becomes the Peoples Democratic Party gubernatorial candidate in the state in 2016.
He made the declaration during the birthday celebration of the former Secretary to the State Government (SSG) during his administration, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and his wife, both of whom share same birthday.
The former governor who noted that there was no iota of doubt that he (Igbinedion), is well loved by the people of the state, added that, till date he remains the only governor whose victory at the polls was never challenged in any court of law.
He said no matter what people say, he remained a staunch member of the Peoples Democracy Party (PDP), adding that by virtue of his high rating in the party, he is in a prime position to anoint who will be the next governor of the state.
“Whoever is going to be the next governor of Edo state must be one of the founding members of the Peoples Democratic Party in the state and must also be a member of the family,” he said.
According to the former governor, the people of the state would be happy when the choice of the party’s flagbearer is made, noting that, “there would be celebration all over.”
It would be recalled that Ize-Iyamu is one of those tipped as frontrunners in the PDP to contest 2016 governorship election in the state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by Gamechanger: 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
Wahala dey ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by sammyj: 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
What is this country turning into even failed corrupt people still boasting of anointing political candidate. PMB should do something about it!!! shocked grin
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by GudluckIBB(m): 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
Lucky Annoint a candidate??

There is Wahala.How can a failure annoint a candidate?
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by ki02020(m): 8:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
Abeg who dash monkey banana....anyway am not GOD neither am an electorate in edo...the choice is theirs to make
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by aieromon(m): 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
manuch:

The former governor who noted that there was no iota of doubt that he (Igbinedion), is well loved by the people of the state

Yes,we love you. In fact we want you back grin grin grin
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by mars123(m): 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
i always suspected this man to take hard drugs and smoke igbo...where were you when oshiomohle won election twice?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by Mamaflex(f): 9:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
I pity the person that will receive that your"anointing" undecided

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Must Appoint Ministers From The 36 States / Oshiomole Replies Okonjo-iweala, Says 'I Don't Want To Say She Knows How To Lie / Tragedies Mar Half Year In South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.