Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,071 members, 7,807,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Untitled - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Untitled (542 Views)

Untitled / Untitled Romance Story / Untitled 01 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Untitled by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
Here i was, in the hungry afternoon sun, holding blackberry chargers and running after cars, any of which i could be driving if things had gone according to plan. Alas, i was in Nigeria, where things don't go to plan. Maybe i shouldn't have planned...
Well, i had. And it was a grand plan too. It seemed achievable at the time, 12 years ago, when i gained admission into LASU. The plan was that i would study for four years, graduate at 20, serve in the west( yeah, i planned my service too), get retained and get married at 27. Needless to say, i was deceiving myself, right from the course i studied: History. Who studies history ?!!!
Well, i was here, 30 years old and selling blackberry chargers for a living. The plans went out the window anyway. I graduated at 27, four years after i was done with my course, never got a call up letter...to be continued.
Re: Untitled by EfemenaXY: 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
Maybe, in Naija, but not in the West.

Merely having a degree is sufficient to open most doors as many employers are willing to train prospective candidates who demonstrate POTENTIAL.

Anyway, that's by the wayside. Pls continue your story. I've enjoyed what I've read so far. smiley

(1) (Reply)

I Belong To Everybody But Belong To No One / My Funniest Moment / A Good Company Is Priceless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.