Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,189 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs (35731 Views)

Lady Professes Her Intensions In Going Into Prostitution (photos) / CAREER SURVEY: Does Searching And Applying Online Actually Work? / CAREER SURVEY: Does Searching and Applying Online Actually Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by aboyaji(m): 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
Encouraged

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by callonme(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
Thanks a lot.........my blog loading.

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Xzevian(m): 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
I like ur courage. In case you need solid granite that will make your house look stronger for years direct from d source see my signature below
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by omaji53jeremiah: 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
good for you.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Mishydoo(m): 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
Such a waste!...so wats d benefit of making a good result if u wanna be an entrepreneur!
Ur mates have employment in Shell,Mobil,ect...within one year u'll be able to start up as many buisnesses as u want!...
Brilliance without wisdom!!!
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Koolking(m): 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
Great personality you got. You seems to have walked into privileges already.

Different strokes for different folks - that's what life is.

Not everyone is as blessed as you are. Some are just great from womb. Some are meant to toil and scratch the ground before a loaf of bread drops. Some are still very far from their destiny. Your formula may not work for others and vice versa.

Whatever being the case, one thing is certain - the struggle you are in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow...NEVER GIVE UP no matter what life throws at you.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by damiloladuke: 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
yeah, sometimes you get totally frustrated

READ THE DIARY OF A JOBLESS NIGERIAN YOUTH www.wenogetjob.com
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by exlink10(m): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
it is indeed inspirin, tnks so much

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by charlespaker(m): 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
Wanna know how many of us dat r self employed? #dancing #bobo in my home office
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by sweat4wat(m): 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
well im just passing oo
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by ujoseph006: 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
Cool
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by 400billionman: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
Oduok:
Though I would never have rejected a well paid job. But when it was not forth coming I had to make use of every opportunity available for me. I finished my National Diploma in 2007 at Petroleum Training Institute (Industrial Safety and Environmental Engineering Technology), Effurun (Best Student of my class). I was not so determined at applying for jobs and I never did. Rather I applied for Industrial experience which was easier to get than employment. I started with Environmental Health Office in 2007. After one year I moved to Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) -still industrial experience.

When I completed my experience I stayed back as a casual staff where I was preparing to get admission back to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had admission in 2010 to study Chemical Engineering in UNIUYO, through UME - not even direct entry.

I hussled, did weekend home lesson, registered a consulting business and did minor consulting services in downstream Petroleum Sector. In my sophomore year I won the PTDF scholarship for my programme. Within the five years, I went back to DPR for more six months industrial experience and Exxonmobil for another six months experience. Now I am a graduate with experience (graduated best in my class with 4.40 CGPA). Looking ahead.

I'm not so much moved with applying for jobs - though would not hessitate to get a good offer that would come on merit. I'm planning to make the consulting business I registered more organised with full incorporation. I picked interest in Organic oils, Soap, and Detergent in my undergraduate - had done a project on that.

I'm now working on raising money to setup a plant for production of these products. Presently i'm partnering with a collegue and we are running an evening school. I have always approached life with a positive mindset. Though not too rich (financially) right now but i'm not begging. Sponsored myself successfully through out my degree. Built a mini flat in my father's compound and have a great wealth of experience in life and career. I believe my story can be of encouragement to someone.

Fellow Chemical Engineer, PM me left us shame devil..

4.4, is that First class ? You are good.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Feranmicharles(m): 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
1Dray:

How is that a problem to you?
you don vex? E don carry am 4 head ogrin
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by 400billionman: 12:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
Oduok:

wow! See offer. I need a job at the moment. There is a lot that needs to be fixed - marriage etc. The consulting business, owning of plants is mutually exclusive. I can always do them anytime, or at leisure. Job first to boost the fund required.

Funny, I tot you want to do production. Soap business is good. Since you have built a house, funding a soap plant is within your financial reach.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by eleko1: 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
wink cool Focus,determination,vision plus hard work pay.Thank U for sharing.hope those peeps going around collecting money from dad,mum,sis,bro,uncle's' even from granny(beans,garri,yam flour,palm oil)and spend/live a riotous lifestyle/buy toys(gadgets) than invest it learn from dis piece.Ur best is yet to come.Wait till they see U cruising in ur private jet/helicopter cool cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
Koolking:
Great personality you got. You seems to have walked into privileges already.

Different strokes for different folks - that's what life is.

Not everyone is as blessed as you are. Some are just great from womb. Some are meant to toil and scratch the ground before a loaf of bread drops. Some are still very far from their destiny. Your formula may not work for others and vice versa.

Whatever being the case, one thing is certain - the struggle you are in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow...NEVER GIVE UP no matter what life throws at you.
The only wisdom that guids one from grass to grass

MINI EXPORTATION PROCESSES
SATUND® INTTERNATINONAL LOGISTICS
Are you an exporter or you have goods to export but don’t know how
to go about it?
We at satund international logistis are in exportation of any items
including dangerous goods, foodstuffs, weavon,cosmetic and
perishable etc to any parts of the world and deliver within 2 days
depend on the port and country of discarge.
We help in processing of documents such import and export
permit,also negociation of flat freight rate with airline. We ensure all
goods are repacks, monitor sign and stamp by necessary agencies
before exported.
Our charges are moderates in accordance with Handling Company. A
trial will convince you.
Satund® International Logistics,
Cargo Section,
MMI Airport,Ikeja,
Lagos.
Tel_+2348173319366 ,+2349032490147
E-mail_mrcdorv@gmail.com.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by vislabraye(m): 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
Ralphlauren:
lol. you have a very good CGPA of 4.40 in an engineering course and you would rather not go around applying for jobs.

issokay grin grin

if only you know what your mates (and maybe juniors) with pooer CGPAs are earning in oil companies, you will change your mindset ASAP

Hmmmm....... you could have a point but at the end of the day, being an entrepreneur would likely payoff in the long wrong. But with his cv and experience, going for a full time job in an oil company would be to good an offer to turn down.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Forward1(m): 12:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
Though I would never have rejected a well paid job. But when it was not forth coming I had to make use of every opportunity available for me. I finished my National Diploma in 2007 at Petroleum Training Institute (Industrial Safety and Environmental Engineering Technology), Effurun (Best Student of my class). I was not so determined at applying for jobs and I never did. Rather I applied for Industrial experience which was easier to get than employment. I started with Environmental Health Office in 2007. After one year I moved to Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) -still industrial experience.

When I completed my experience I stayed back as a casual staff where I was preparing to get admission back to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had admission in 2010 to study Chemical Engineering in UNIUYO, through UME - not even direct entry.

I hussled, did weekend home lesson, registered a consulting business and did minor consulting services in downstream Petroleum Sector. In my sophomore year I won the PTDF scholarship for my programme. Within the five years, I went back to DPR for more six months industrial experience and Exxonmobil for another six months experience. Now I am a graduate with experience (graduated best in my class with 4.40 CGPA). Looking ahead.

I'm not so much moved with applying for jobs - though would not hessitate to get a good offer that would come on merit. I'm planning to make the consulting business I registered more organised with full incorporation. I picked interest in Organic oils, Soap, and Detergent in my undergraduate - had done a project on that.

I'm now working on raising money to setup a plant for production of these products. Presently i'm partnering with a collegue and we are running an evening school. I have always approached life with a positive mindset. Though not too rich (financially) right now but i'm not begging. Sponsored myself successfully through out my degree. Built a mini flat in my father's compound and have a great wealth of experience in life and career. I believe my story can be of encouragement to someone.

I think we have something in common. I graduated from a prestigious university with a 2.1 & i rounded my nysc about two years ago but I've never been interested in writing aptitude test or going for an interview. I started off a business immediately after my nysc and i can tell you God has been faithful. Though i was under great pressure from family & friends to get a job.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by ruffhandu: 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2015
Oduok:

wow! See offer. I need a job at the moment. There is a lot that needs to be fixed - marriage etc. The consulting business, owning of plants is mutually exclusive. I can always do them anytime, or at leisure. Job first to boost the fund required.

I hope you really understand the bolded, especially the italized.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS WORKING WITH PHCN AS FIELD
WORK SURVEY, CAUSE OF THE STRESS I HAVE TO LEAVE THE COMPANY, WITH TIME I START UP MY BUSINESS, AND I AM HAVING SOME PROFIT, ALDO I FACE SOME DIFFICULTIES,

SO WHAT I AM TRY TO SAY IS THAT NOTHING IS TOO SMALL TO START SOMETHING, JUST HAVE THE MINDSET OF WHAT YOU WANT TO DO.

REMEMBER, A PENCIL IS NOT MADE BY ONE PERSON ALONE
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by caesaraba(m): 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2015
akaahs:
I was having dsame believe not to work for any body even d government but i ended in a government parastatal. With dat i 'll never give up until i set up my company. God help me

I like your spirit. Once you achieve that @ the end of the day, that's all that matters. I have a similar plan too although already have a small biz. Wish u good luck.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by sendmeonly(m): 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
Oduok:

I'm now working on raising money to setup a plant for production of these products. Presently i'm partnering with a collegue and we are running an evening school. I have always approached life with a positive mindset. Though not too rich (financially) right now but i'm not begging. Sponsored myself successfully

Hi,
My email lets chat directly if you don't mind...thanks
Ernest
durellprint@gmail.com
7F37D8D3

through out my degree. Built a mini flat in my father's compound and have a great wealth of experience in life and career. I believe my story can be of encouragement to someone.

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by prince2blinks(m): 1:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
@op bros d whole thing u write here be like advert o, wishing u success.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
vislabraye:

Hmmmm....... you could have a point but at the end of the day, being an entrepreneur would likely payoff in the long wrong. But with his cv and experience, going for a full time job in an oil company would be to good an offer to turn down.

YOU ARE WRONG.

EVEN WITH EXPERIENCE, THOSE COMPANY WILL TURN YOU DOWN. MOST OIL COMPANY HERE IN NIGERIA ARE HAVING SERIOUS POLITICAL ISSUE, EITHER YOU HAVE A GOD FATHER OR SOMEONE WHO KNOW SOMEONE,

FIRST CLASS OR SECOND CLASS NO EVEN MATTER NOW. I DON SEE MANY LOWER CLASS CREDIT FOR THAT COMPANY.

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Karleb(m): 1:11pm On Jun 26, 2015
You guys need to read the first part of op's write-up before commenting.

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Adeniranloye(m): 1:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
Oduok:

[b]
Oduok:

[/b]
Oduok:

That go beyond a beautiful mindset...It will create more wealth to the country...God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by bigiyaro(m): 1:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
mr op go blow ur trumpet in ur village. I might b impressed wen u come out wit a life changin invention as an engineer.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by ibelong2efibody: 1:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
This isn't an encouragement but bragging.That's what it looks to me undecided

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by GENTLETEE(m): 1:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
Quite inspiring! Entrepreneurship is the way to go.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by realborn(m): 1:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
Oduok,

Splendid. You are an Outlier (Refer to Malcolm Gladwell's masterpiece "Outliers"wink.

You have exuded excellence in every endeavor relating to acquiring knowledge in deference to your career.

You shall make definitely make it.

However, for you to be found, you must take your "wares" to the market. The ways to achieve this is by responding to job placements in your field or by putting together a reference guide/ a book on your experience of the Industry of interest and sagacity.

With so much value inherent in you, you should not be a an evening school teacher except you are fully accomplished or maximum satisfaction is derived. At the minimum, you can offer to lecture in some of the knowledge area institutions contained in your post for effective transfer of knowledge and at the same time progress your post graduate degree. You will make a very good Professor.

My ward is a first class graduate and she is stuck (due to limited opportunities) with a basic bank job instead of attending the best schools in the world for her post graduate degrees. I have promised (God willing) to take responsibility for her post graduate study in the nearest future.

Lastly, getting seed funding for your production plant in Nigeria is a herculean but not an impossible task.

Wish you all the best. smiley

NB:
Always thrilled when I read posts from qualitative and excellent Nairalanders, not the FTC crew tongue grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by nnannaff: 1:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
I'm like wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Night Security My Colleagues Exposing Himself Always While Sleeping / Policeman In Uniform Gets Himself Drunk After Taking Ogogoro.see Reactions(pics) / Update On My Issue With My Boss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.