Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? (971 Views)

Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married / This Is What You Do When Your Best Friend Is In Labour... / My Husband’s Friend Is Wonderful In Bed, But… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? by ConfessionsNgr: 10:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hello friends. Please I will need your advice on how to proceed with this. I have been friends with Freda (not real name) since our secondary school days. She is what you will call beauty and brains. Freda is a very beautiful girl and she has always had guys flocking round her. On my part I am also a pretty girl but I must confess I am not as pretty as Freda sha, which is why most times I have always had to play second fiddle to her when we meet guys for the first time. It always turns out that the one I am interested in is always interested in Freda. Although, this is not a problem for me and I am not jealous about it. I have grown to accept this as normal and most times, Freda and I often joke about it because sometimes it turns out that she turns them down and they will be like, had I known I would have gone for her friend. Recently, we both met a very cute guy. Apart from being cute, this guy is extremely rich. He runs a stream of business that has branches in different countries in Africa so he is well loaded. As usual, it was Freda he was interested in. For reasons which I cannot explain, Freda does not seem to be interested in him. This guy showers Freda with lots of gifts and attention but she is still not interested in him. I have tried to talk to her about it because I honestly do not know why she is turning him down and it is not like she is into any relationship right now. Her only complaint was that the guy is a local guy. As far as I am concerned that excuse is extremely absurd. The guy is just a shy guy who will come across to you as being timid. However, that is not the case because he is well educated and widely traveled. The problem right now is that the guy has shifted his attention from Freda and he has now turned to me. In the process of trying to make things work between him and Freda, we started talking more often and hanging out together more often. He started out by complaining about Freda’s attitude and her arrogance and said if he had known he would have asked me out from the first day. Recently, he came to me and told me that it is me he wants to go out with now and that he is no longer interested in Freda. He said he not only wants to go out with me, but would like to marry me because he has seen that I am a good woman. I won’t lie to you, I will not mind going out with him or getting married to him, but my problem is that Freda would see it as a betrayal on my part. I had told him this when he asked me out but he refuted it that he never had anything to do with Freda as they never really went out so I have no reason to be afraid. Please guys, I need you to tell me how to proceed on this.

Posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/111/is-this-betrayal
Re: Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? by powerfulsettingz: 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
One word for fredas frnd......... fight for ur love I notice genieu love don't come easily, they always attached with complications, which serve as guild to knw whether u both can really last forever togeda.........fight for it freda didnt love him in the first place, but sure she will begin to immediately she realize what she has lost over to you. You are not a betrayal my dear, the love just hav some odds to settle.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? by sholikay(m): 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
Since Freda is not interested, no offense if you put your head in..
Freda ayaaf carry her night food give olongbo jee.. (cat)... Her beauty will keep deceiving her till menopause age!!.. (no be swear, na confirm talk) smiley
Re: Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? by angieberry(f): 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
Eyah so you're the second choice
Anyway Freda does not like him and doesn't want anything to do with him, and you think its betrayal if you should go with him? My dear, if your friend becomes angry if you date the guy, she was never a good friend. Just go with your heart.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? by bukatyne(f): 11:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
One word for fredas frnd......... fight for ur love I notice geneu love don't come easy, they always attached with complications, which serve as guild to knw whether u both can really last forever togeda.........fight for it freda did love him in thr first place, but sure she will begin to immediately she realize what she has lost over to you. You are not a betrayal my dear, the love just hav some odds to settle.

Which love is Freda fighting for?
Re: Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? by boboLIL(m): 11:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
ConfessionsNgr:
Hello friends. Please I will need your advice on how to proceed with this. I have been friends with Freda (not real name) since our secondary school days. She is what you will call beauty and brains. Freda is a very beautiful girl and she has always had guys flocking round her. On my part I am also a pretty girl but I must confess I am not as pretty as Freda sha, which is why most times I have always had to play second fiddle to her when we meet guys for the first time. It always turns out that the one I am interested in is always interested in Freda. Although, this is not a problem for me and I am not jealous about it. I have grown to accept this as normal and most times, Freda and I often joke about it because sometimes it turns out that she turns them down and they will be like, had I known I would have gone for her friend. Recently, we both met a very cute guy. Apart from being cute, this guy is extremely rich. He runs a stream of business that has branches in different countries in Africa so he is well loaded. As usual, it was Freda he was interested in. For reasons which I cannot explain, Freda does not seem to be interested in him. This guy showers Freda with lots of gifts and attention but she is still not interested in him. I have tried to talk to her about it because I honestly do not know why she is turning him down and it is not like she is into any relationship right now. Her only complaint was that the guy is a local guy. As far as I am concerned that excuse is extremely absurd. The guy is just a shy guy who will come across to you as being timid. However, that is not the case because he is well educated and widely traveled. The problem right now is that the guy has shifted his attention from Freda and he has now turned to me. In the process of trying to make things work between him and Freda, we started talking more often and hanging out together more often. He started out by complaining about Freda’s attitude and her arrogance and said if he had known he would have asked me out from the first day. Recently, he came to me and told me that it is me he wants to go out with now and that he is no longer interested in Freda. He said he not only wants to go out with me, but would like to marry me because he has seen that I am a good woman. I won’t lie to you, I will not mind going out with him or getting married to him, but my problem is that Freda would see it as a betrayal on my part. I had told him this when he asked me out but he refuted it that he never had anything to do with Freda as they never really went out so I have no reason to be afraid. Please guys, I need you to tell me how to proceed on this.

Posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/111/is-this-betrayal
n0llyw00d script
Re: Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? by powerfulsettingz: 11:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
bukatyne:

Which love is Freda fighting for?
I mean freda frnd (Op)
Re: Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? by bukatyne(f): 11:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
powerfulsettingz:

I mean freda frnd (Op)

OK then

Thanks
Re: Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? by Yustash001(m): 12:29am On Jun 23, 2015
It isn't cool enough.....and for me it's betrayal...your childhood friend for that matter....that may even put and to your relationship....
Re: Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? by TooNoisy(f): 5:14am On Jun 23, 2015
I do not think it is betrayal. Freda is not interested but you are so where is the betrayal. But is he still toasting Freda? If he has completely stopped toasting her and both have moved on, then there is no betrayal here.

If I were you though, I will mention it to Freda and see how she reacts. If she is your friend, she will see nothing wrong too!

1 Like

Re: Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? by Ewuro4: 5:19am On Jun 23, 2015
'He's loaded' grin

Marry him already make we hear word jare.
Re: Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal? by cococandy(f): 6:10am On Jun 23, 2015
It's not a betrayal per se.

But left to me, I wouldn't touch a guy who sees me as a second option.
Mmm Mmm.

So if Freda begins to like him tomorrow what happens? She was always his first choice remember? Forget whatever he says about her now, some guys will do that when the girl they like doesn't give them what they want. wink wink wink
#fact.

And since they can't have her, they will try to use her friend to make her jealous. Another childish thing but yea some guys do that.

If she shows 'genuine' interest in him tomorrow, you think he will resist every temptation she throws his way?

You're like what he's using to console himself and to 'show' her.
My dear don't set yourself up for heartbreak.

Also you need to review your friendship with Freda. If she overshadows you so much that you're like the bedside lamp (inanimate object) whenever she's around, you need to be with her less often. Don't be the Michelle in your 'destiny's child'

(At least, so you don't begin to resent her)

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Who Really Own A Child More. / Yoruba Is This, Hausa Has That,igbo Is This .why? / Happy Married Life! ;D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.