Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,706 members, 7,805,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? (1389 Views)

Does Erection Destroy Your Fasting? / Sinning While Fasting / If You Masturbate And Ejaculate While Fasting Then Your Fasting Is Invalid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? by asumo12: 5:12am On Jun 23, 2015
kiss undecided

Can I kiss my wife while fasting

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) used to kiss and touch (his wife) when he was fasting, but he was the most able of you to control his desire. 

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (1927) and Muslim (1106) 

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said: Kissing, with regard to one who is fasting, is divided into two categories: that which is permissible and that which is prohibited. 

That which is prohibited is if he cannot be sure that he will not render his fast invalid. 

That which is permissible is of two types:

1.     where kissing will not provoke desire at all

2.     where kissing may provoke desire, but he is confident that his fast will not be rendered invalid. 

As for actions other than kissing that may lead to intercourse, such as embracing and the like, they come under the same ruling as kissing and there is no differentiation.

End quote from ash-Sharh al-Mumti‘ (6/429)

2 Likes

Re: Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? by jonadaft: 6:04am On Jun 23, 2015
[s]
asumo12:
kiss undecided

Can I kiss my wife while fasting

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) used to kiss and touch (his wife) when he was fasting, but he was the most able of you to control his desire. 

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (1927) and Muslim (1106) 

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said: Kissing, with regard to one who is fasting, is divided into two categories: that which is permissible and that which is prohibited. 

That which is prohibited is if he cannot be sure that he will not render his fast invalid. 

That which is permissible is of two types:

1.     where kissing will not provoke desire at all

2.     where kissing may provoke desire, but he is confident that his fast will not be rendered invalid. 

As for actions other than kissing that may lead to intercourse, such as embracing and the like, they come under the same ruling as kissing and there is no differentiation.

End quote from ash-Sharh al-Mumti‘ (6/429) 
[/s]
What do you want to kiss for

Can't you just avoid all this things for few hours

Must you kiss?!

Mtcheewu!
Anyway, you can only peck. No kissing!

1 Like

Re: Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? by bogolobango(m): 6:08am On Jun 23, 2015
No mind am joor so all d kissing wey u don kiss her b4 never reach u

Ole
Re: Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? by asumo12: 9:37am On Jun 23, 2015
undecided

Re: Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? by Lukmann(m): 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
Jonathan:

What do you want to kiss for

Can't you just avoid all this things for few hours

Must you kiss?!

Mtcheewu!
Anyway, you can only peck. No kissing!

bro i understand ur point but his points r more weightier than urs bcus he brought some daleel (evidence ) to back his statement.moreover he was only validating its permisssibilty though to b on d safer side i will go wiv ur point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? by Aminat508(f): 7:54am On Jun 24, 2015
Lmao OP u re very funny grin
Re: Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? by asumo12: 2:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? by zany17(f): 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
Based on fact you can actually kiss your wife during fasting, thou prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) advised youth not to involve in it cause they may not be able. to control themselves from it leading to something else.
Re: Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? by yetunsbay(m): 9:42am On Jul 01, 2015
Ma shaa Allah. Pls wat is the best way of expression when u meet the lady u like being the first time?

Is it allowed to meet this lady in Ramadan even when u knw if u didnt at that particular moment u may nt see again?
Re: Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? by asumo12: 11:09am On Jul 03, 2015
Meet? Means many things in many forms so elucidate bro...

yetunsbay:
Ma shaa Allah. Pls wat is the best way of expression when u meet the lady u like being the first time?

Is it allowed to meet this lady in Ramadan even when u knw if u didnt at that particular moment u may nt see again?

U won toawt her? Abi u won proose?
Re: Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? by yetunsbay(m): 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
asumo12:
Meet? Means many things in many forms so elucidate bro...

U won toawt her? Abi u won proose?
toast to say
Re: Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? by asumo12: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2015
yetunsbay:
toast to say

na bread and egg she be?

embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? by slyfox5555: 8:40am On Jul 04, 2015
So the prophet can kiss his wife during fasting but a fellow Muslim can't. Omo, na your wife, you married her legally in the eyes of witnesses and Allah. Allah is supreme and there is no Quranic verse that forbid you from kissing your wife during Ramadan. It shows you love her and there is nothing wrong with that.

Don't let opinions of others that have no authority on the matter confine you in anyway. Good luck and may Allah guide you

(1) (Reply)

Funeral Janazah Prayer,s To Say During Salatul Ghaib. / In Sha Allah / Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.