Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria (4073 Views)

Nigerian Manufacturers Capture Eastern, Southern African Markets / Cost Of Shipping A Motorcycle From Baltimore Usa To Lagos / Buying And Shipping A Car From Germany To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by bocamadias: 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2006
I just bought a Honda Power Bike from Sweden.

How can i ship it down to Eastern Nigeria? Awka in Anambra State to be precise.

Must I go through the Lagos port? If yes, which port will be suitable?

Do I have to pay anything to get the bike from the port authority or can i send it through courier?

Thanks. I need an answer urgently.
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by kolabode: 12:40pm On Sep 20, 2006
There is nothing in nigeria that's free i will advice you to go through DHL.
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by obua: 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2006
The best way to the best of my knowlegde is to put it in a vehicle and ship to Lagos. Clearing will be carried out in Lagos. One can still bring in commercial vehicles of any age. This attracts about 100k-120k. A bike will be cleared for a lot less. A power bike should cost slightly more to clear than an ordinary bike.
Traffic to Portharcourt for Roro is low. So the best bet is container.
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by gigitte(f): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2006
i think you should ship it PH, closer and likely less crowed. you would have to scale thru customs, but go and collect ur thingy sam sam or else you may only find the chrome plates of your motor bike left.

courier would be really xpensive oh
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by obua: 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2006
Can you send a bike( even crated) just like that by ship. Only courier companies will handle it for you in that form and it will cost as much as 5-6 Euros/kg.
Talk to Nigerians that ship things or agents that ship things to Nigeria( do web search), They can assist you ship it in their buses.
Good luck
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:40am On Sep 21, 2006
Hmmmm, why would you purchase the bike and then be looking for methods to ship it to naija?
I think this one is backwards.

But like people have been saying your best bet is to ship it to naija by purchasing a container.
How many things does nigeria import from Scandanavian countries sef?
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by Saddam: 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2006
Use

Panalpina World Transport, Apapa, Tel: +234 (0)1 580 3440-4, +234 (0)1 580 3610-4, Fax: +234 (0)1 587 5333, +234 (0)1 587 3279, e-mail: info.wana@panalpina.com

This is the only shipping line I can assure u

Take care
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by jammin(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2006
@gigitte and obua. are you saying it is difficult to clear customs with you goods? remind me of the car market, how hard it be to get in cars.
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by obua: 9:52am On Sep 24, 2006
I see 2 key issues here.

The guy wants to ship to Portharcourt or calabar port
The guy wants to ship the bike on its own.

My advise is for him to ship to Lagos because traffic to the Eastern ports is low and probably more expensive.
Ship in a crate or ship inside a car(bus) , because probably he can't ship a bike just bare like that.
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by nico(m): 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2006
can't u travel with it on the plane?
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by jammin(m): 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2006
what di F**k!!! That's insulting! the man is no retard. if it was meant as a joke, you failed miserably.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by nico(m): 2:46am On Sep 25, 2006
I was asking why couldn't he cargo it with a plane when he is travelling?
so how is it a joke tongue
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:22am On Sep 25, 2006
I think he misread the post.
It reminds me of a cruel joke someone said a while ago to my aunty.

She wanted to send something to Nigeria and she was asking some people in a particular organization here in Canada, "who next was going home".
Someone responded to the e-mail and said that they too were looking for someone who was going home for the same purpose.

Only they wanted to send a FRIDGE home. My aunty was upset because she thought the man was insulting her when infact he was just cracking a joke tongue
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by doe: 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2006
Omo, na Ebay u buy the Bike? How u buy bike no no where to ship am go. Naija!
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by wweekes(m): 6:39am On Jan 31, 2008
Hi, im a DHL Authorized shipping center that provides 30-40 percent off of all DHL shipments, We also do ocean cargo to Nigeria @ $350 per CBM. We are located in Orange, NJ, and accept Credit Cards for all DHL Shipments. We are a licensed and bonded company and licensed with the FMC as a NVOCC. for more information please contact us @ 973-674-8932. or via email at wweekes@gmail.com
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by Adetorera(f): 11:37am On Jan 31, 2008
Dear All,

We are Multifreight Logistics Nig. Ltd in Lagos, Nigeria. A customs Licensed clearing and forwarding agent.

As a sound and growing Freight Forwarding Company, we offer the best service and a competitive rate as well as a mutual and win/win for our valuable overseas freight partners.

We would be highly honored to be associated with your esteemed company to establish a good business relationship for mutual benefits.

However, we would like to refer you to our website: www.mfl-ng.com, where you can familiarize yourself more with our company’s profile.

If your company has shipment either through air or sea, you can consign it to us.

Looking forward to your kind response.

Best regards,

Miss. Abisola Soneye,

Marketing/Sales Executive,

Multifreight Logistics Nig. Ltd,

Suite 304E,Royal Echange Assurance Plaza,

Oshodi-Apapa Expressway,

Charity Bus-stop, Lagos,

P.O.Box 3432, Ikeja,

www.mfl-ng.com

info@mfl-ng.com

Tel: 234-1-4964016

Fax: 234-1-4964653

Mobile: 234-8056539787
Re: Shipping A Motorbike To Eastern Nigeria by Delluchi: 10:19am On May 21, 2008
Hey good news to you all bikers and rider. I found something amazing that a power bike club is already set up in Nigeria by some cool dud in Switzerland and America. You can visit their website http://www.africanmirror.org then choose nigeria.

Am so glad so a despline constitution is put in place. I just hope they follow the rules as written.

(1) (Reply)

Security Event Wristband Tag Avaliable At Skydiv Wristbranding Ltd / Tax: FIRS To Audit All Companies / How To Set Up A Sports Betting Business In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.