Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,721 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Laptop Displays Plugged In Charging 0 % But Not Charging. Pls Help!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Displays Plugged In Charging 0 % But Not Charging. Pls Help!!! (1165 Views)

Help... My Laptop Displays "User Profile Service Failed To Log On" / Help Solve (0%, Plugged In,charging ) Issue / How To Fix Laptop’s “plugged In Not Charging” Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Laptop Displays Plugged In Charging 0 % But Not Charging. Pls Help!!! by abeynoni: 6:43am On Jun 23, 2015
pls guys.... my laptop indicates.... plugged in charging 0% since last night and it's still on 0%. pls what could be the cause?

it just started n my ba3 dey last three hours or more buh the thing no dey gree charge nw sef

I bought d new ba3 just 2 weeks ago n it's bn serving me well until last nyt.
pls.. I will appreci8 any help on dz.
Re: Laptop Displays Plugged In Charging 0 % But Not Charging. Pls Help!!! by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 23, 2015
The problem is one of three things:

1. Your battery: its possible the battery is condemned and can no longer hold a charge yet keeps communicating to your system that its charging.

2. Your power adapter: With nepa/phcn/disco's erratic power generation its possible your power adapter; that huge 'brick' in between the plug and laptop has blown. It works like a fuse and burns out whenever nepa distributes high current. The good thing is it can get replaced cheaply and the new one would use the same plug as the old.

When burned out it still works but can't charge the battery or hold the system for long connected directly so take not. However if your system does not go off when connected directly but still shows "0% charging" then this most likely is not the problem.

3. Your power port: Lastly, your problem is probably the port you connect your cable to the laptop. This is the trickiest and most frustrating power problem because most repair shops would only perform ugly shortcuts to fix it. This happening is as terrible as your system getting submerged in liquid as it entails you spending alot to fix and most fixes involve cutting here, soldering there and bypassing wires.

I recommend you take the system to a repair shop and if branded, a certified brand-complaint one as they'd know how to go about it.

No other poster would tell you any useful information past what I've listed here as I've encountered your problem time without number in real-life.
Re: Laptop Displays Plugged In Charging 0 % But Not Charging. Pls Help!!! by bright1985: 8:16am On Jun 23, 2015
take to where u buy the battery and check another battery if e didn't charge them is the system problem

(1) (Reply)

Funaab Acceptance and Tuition Fees / Fairly Used Advent Toshiba For Sale @ Give Away Price / Voip / IP PBX Study Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.