Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

South Africa VS Nigeria = ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / South Africa VS Nigeria = ? (1532 Views)

Ghana Vs Nigeria Words Pronunciation (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa VS Nigeria = ? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 23, 2015
As they say the world is becoming smaller by the day,

But we find that African countries don't blend so well unless there is political unrest and we need assistance from our fellow African Countries.

BUT suddenly this CRAZE between Naija and SA just became a popular thing. from the highest ranks in government to the little romance in the bush (yes, I know what you did last night)

My favorite mix is musicians blending, creating the best beats causing to dance the night away, South African girls singing "OOOOOH MY GOOD-O... IM INLOVE WITH THIS MAN" in a deep Nigerian accent (which is quite hilarious).

anyway... my point is, when did this fire start? and if all hell breaks loose on Africa will we remember those warm nights in bed, those fat deals we made with each other and all that amazing music we danced to?

well.... I hope so.

Personally I LOVE EVEYTHING about Nigeria (except for Egusi Soup)

xo - Written By a South African Inlove With Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: South Africa VS Nigeria = ? by scholes0(m): 7:27am On Jun 23, 2015
I think both countries just got a lot more closer culturally, Thanks to this internet age and rapid information dissemination that we live in. Songs like Khona and Tchelete were big hits in Nigeria. And some Nigerian producers are now beginning to incorporate some elements of SA rhythms in their music too. Both countries will only continue to get even closer.... Just watch the space...

As for Geo-political rivalry between the two countries, I think that is only normal, both countries are the #1 and #2 largest economies in Africa. Nigeria has the demographics and Economic growth advantage, while SA has the technological and planning advantage for now..... There are lots of SA companies operating in Nigeria, without any major problems, while a few Nigerians investors as well (i.e Dangote) have begun investing in SA as well. With greater co-operation, both countries can achieve a lot for themselves, their regions and have a positive rub-off/knock-off effect for the rest of Africa.
I love SA as well, but both countries have got their problems too..... story for another day.

1 Like

Re: South Africa VS Nigeria = ? by absoluteSuccess: 8:37am On Jun 23, 2015
Of course makosi, we live in a competitive world and both countries are banner bearers for the black race. There would always be fight for supremacy in various spheres of influence that abridge the two countries.
Re: South Africa VS Nigeria = ? by Penssuwa(m): 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
The two countries have things to learn or benefit from each other. I don't really see the relationship as being rancorous, but like that of two siblings who are fond of each other and bicker over every minute issue.

1 Like

Re: South Africa VS Nigeria = ? by Fulaman198(m): 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
The two countries have nothing in common culturally. Just saying

(1) (Reply)

Obi Of Onitsha: Kings Of Other Lands Line-Up To Pay Homage In Onitsha- Pictures / Where Africans still Miserable Before The White Man Came? / Brief History Of Ijomu Oro In Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.