Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,724 members, 7,802,182 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) (22308 Views)

I Got Seized N3bn As Gifts During Ceremonies –yakubu / Atiku Already Running For 2019 — El-rufa’i / El-rufa’i Sacks ADC For Insurbordination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2015
Kaduna – Gov. Nasiru El-Rufa’i of Kaduna State, on Tuesday reacted to criticisms over state government’s stoppage of gifts during festivities, saying it was due to poor finances of government.
El-Rufa’i said in a statement signed by his media aide, Mr Samuel Aruwan that the government was broke and needed to conserve resources for development.

The decision of the governor came under serious criticism from civil servants especially those in the lower cadre over the stoppage of the annual gift.
“Kaduna State is broke and needs to tighten its finances to serve the people better in a manner that befits their massive support for change,’’ the governor said.

He explained that the practice had been used to siphon “government resources in the guise of gifts to prominent politicians, public servants and famous figures, or the feeding of indigent persons during religious occasions.’’

The governor stressed that his administration would no longer play to the gallery to score cheap political goal and fraudulently enrich few individuals by continuing with the scheme.

“Findings have revealed how it is mainly prominent politicians and influential personalities that benefit from the Ramadan and Christmas gifts instead of the so called poor.

“Food stuffs, bought with public resources, are distributed to prominent government officials and other personalities, while the poor in whose name those foods are procured queue in droves for crumbs,’’ he said.

El-Rufa’i challenged prominent individuals benefiting from the gesture to deploy their wealth to support the poor instead of taking from them.
The governor said, he was coordinating with some of his friends to pool resources “to provide Ramadan feeding as private individuals to the vulnerable in our society.’’

“This is a healthy way of building a caring society, and if more widely adopted by people of means, will certainly provide for more persons than a fraudulent system of government provision that at best reaches only a few,’’ he added. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/why-i-stopped-issuance-of-gifts-during-ramadan-xmas-el-rufai/

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by MosakuAW(m): 3:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
Due to poor finances or not, you did the right thing to put a stop to it. By that millions of naira has been saved.

Let all citizen be aware that, it is no more buisness as usual.

Think about what you can do for your government not what your government can do for you.

Well done Boss.

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by agarawu23(m): 3:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
“Food stuffs, bought with public resources, aredistributed to prominent government officialsand other personalities, while the poor in whosename those foods are procured queue in drovesfor crumbs,’’ he said.

exactly!!!

All these govt ppl na thief, the 10b meant for this program yearly will definitely go back to their pocket .
They will share the little foods they bought within their relatives in the local govt. so what's the need of feeding the poor when the food aren't getting to them ?

but the govt should look for another means to continue the program during Ramadan & Xmas as said.

22 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by carinmom(f): 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2015
The govnr should try and explore other ways of sustaining the program in such a way that the poor masses will be d only beneficiaries. Whoever among those charged with the responsibility of distributing the food items is found wanting should be punished accordingly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by MuguliciousMUGU: 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2015
He did not complain oh, when he was visiting his daughter in the hospital, and he gave her food. But to feed the public is wahala.

APC leaders deceiving nigerians since 1960, even president mitchell of west germany knows about this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by mistabiola: 3:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
Cool
Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by mistabiola: 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
agarawu23:

You wan run book space, upon all na second you carrycar grin grin
Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by agarawu23(m): 3:24pm On Jun 23, 2015
mistabiola:

You wan run book space, upon all na second you carrycar grin grin
the first guy chance me o cheesy
Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by agarawu23(m): 3:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

see booking
no permanent enemy in politics , I never see your vote
cc temitemi1 barcanista

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by mistabiola: 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
agarawu23:
the first guy chance me o cheesy

That shows he is smarter than you tongue cheesy

BTW this man don fine oooo

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by change49ja: 3:27pm On Jun 23, 2015
Guys do you get paid for booking space or what? I just don't gerrit...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by kromoto: 3:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
You don't need explaining anything. It is a welcome development that we expect other states to copy. In fact most Muslims are happy about it.

Why must the state take up ones personal and religious obligations? While at it kindly stop govt sponsored pilgrimage also.

16 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by MuguliciousMUGU: 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
agarawu23:
no permanent enemy in politics , I never see your vote
cc temitemi1 barcanista
hehehe, i have voted for you, i wish you goodluck

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by agarawu23(m): 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

hehehe, i have voted for you, i wish you goodluck
I saw it
you too much wink
Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by Young03(m): 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
el-rufai...joker
Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by tiamiyukunle69(m): 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
“Food stuffs, bought with public resources, are distributed to prominent government officials and other personalities, while the poor in whose name those foods are procured queue in droves for crumbs,’’ he said.
This says it all

3 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
Durrrrr
Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by vybrant(m): 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
well..... Kaduna Textile, UNTL and Arewa Textile along kachia road have been left abandoned for a decade
Revive them and stop seeking cheap political points!

In other news!!.. did El-rufai stop issuance of Xmas gifts too?
when was he sworn into office na undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by ajepako(f): 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
Notice-me syndrome

APC trademark

Government of propaganda, by propaganda, for propaganda
Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by alaoeri: 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
Austerity measures. cool

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by tejpot(m): 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
Good reason
Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
Rich folks benefitting from subsidy everywhere while the poor suffers. God bless Bill Gates.

Fooolish people

4 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by Kufie(m): 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
He appears to be doing his job with wisdom. May that wisdom never depart from him throughout his tenure.

15 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by vecman22(m): 4:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by chynergy1(m): 4:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
respected scholar, u r on point.
still wondering what role has religious
interventions play in a secular state we profess to
be.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by kay29000(m): 4:27pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hmm! Very good move. This will definitely save the state hundreds of millions. Anyway,if you have problem lastinglong in bed, hitme up on BBM- 7C22F6EC
Re: Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) by sexymoma(f): 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
Pls where is barcanista... Atleast temitemi is now a constant romancelander grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hausa And Fulani? What Is The Difference? / Kano Rerun: Conduct Fresh Or Cancelled "Supplementary Election" - Kwankwaso / Don’t Let ‘hunger Virus’ Kill Us, Residents Beg Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.