Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,716 members, 7,802,164 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

How To Prepare Fried Rice And Igbo Palm Fruit Stew - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Fried Rice And Igbo Palm Fruit Stew (11901 Views)

Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / How To Prepare Rice And Sauce (pics) / Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Fried Rice And Igbo Palm Fruit Stew by krazyeddy(f): 2:05pm On Sep 20, 2006
pls can any good cook help me out on how to prepare fried rice and the igbo stew that plam fruit is used to prepare
Re: How To Prepare Fried Rice And Igbo Palm Fruit Stew by EmemJU(f): 5:44pm On Sep 21, 2006
Sorry, I only know how to prepare it the Calabar way.
Re: How To Prepare Fried Rice And Igbo Palm Fruit Stew by krazyeddy(f): 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2006
ememju i wont mind knowing d calabar way of making it
Re: How To Prepare Fried Rice And Igbo Palm Fruit Stew by Tonyblu(m): 3:52pm On Sep 26, 2006
@EmemJU

Well, what r u waiting for?

Teach d Calabar method, we r all waiting for the recipe!

Re: How To Prepare Fried Rice And Igbo Palm Fruit Stew by SuNnChNn(f): 7:36am On Oct 05, 2006
Here is how i prepare mine.

Ingredients

Rice, kidney, cooked shrimp, mixed vegetable( peas, carrot, corn) , chicken or meat, chicken or beef broth, butter, thyme, curry powder salt to taste

I cook the chicken seasoned with garlic and set in the oven. Cooked and cut the kidney in chunk sizes.
I Bring pot of water to a boil, adding butter, salt, broth, thyme, curry and the washed rice. after boil for like 20mins, i then add the cooked shrimp and vegetable and let is shimmer for like 10mins on low heat. The rice is not supposed to be that soft and make sure that the rice is dry of water, so i transfer the rice into a baking pan and add the kidney and taste. Will bake like for another 10mins on low heat until the rice is completely soft.
you can now serve with ur grilled chicken from the oven.

Hope this helps
Re: How To Prepare Fried Rice And Igbo Palm Fruit Stew by TOYOSI20(f): 2:18am On Oct 19, 2008
Hummmm. . . . . .sounds good,. . . .I bet the rice would be kind of red, cos of the palm oil. . . . . .

But all the same it sounds rich and tasty. . . . wink
Re: How To Prepare Fried Rice And Igbo Palm Fruit Stew by affee(f): 9:42am On Oct 31, 2008
Fried Rice Recipe

Ingredients

Rice
Chicken
Chicken broth
Carrots(diced),peas,string beans(snapped),sweet corn,green pepper(deseeded and diced),cabbage(sliced thinly), red kidney beans
Kidney(cooked and diced)
Curry/thyme,nutmeg (grounded),fresh garlic(ground),Onions(sliced)
butter/vegetable oil
Salt/seasoning(royco cubes are very good and smell nice too)
White pepper or camerounian pepper(I prefer the camerounian pepper, because of it's aroma)

Preparation
Wash the rice properly, and boil until half done
Season the chicken with the curry,thyme,garlic,royco cubes, salt,onions
allow to marinate for atleast 30 mins, then cook with a little water until properly done
Remove the Chicken from the broth
Deep fry the chicken until the coat is lightly browned
Drain
Pour fresh vegetable oil or butter into a pot
Fry onions until browned
Add carrots,cabbage,peas,string beans,kidney beans,kidney,sweet corn,green pepper
curry(I like to add yellow food colouring,because curry does not make the rice yellow enough), thyme,nutmeg,pepper,seasoning(royco cubes),salt
Fry for 2 mins,
Add broth(check to make sure it will cook the rice,if not enough add a liitle water)
Cook for 15/20 mins until the rice is done
Serve with the Fried Chicken

Bon appetit

-the rice should be a liitle hard and the veggies should still be crunchy
Re: How To Prepare Fried Rice And Igbo Palm Fruit Stew by affee(f): 11:00am On Oct 31, 2008
Palm nut/fruit stew Recipe (Ofe Akwu)

Ingredients
4 cups of palm nuts
Beef-15 pieces
Kpomo
Stock fish(cooked until very soft, I cook mine with a pressure cooker,because it makes it so soft even a baby can eat the fish)
Dry fish(bones removed and cleaned properly with hot water)
Maggi crayfish- 2 cubes
1 little bulb of Onions(finely chopped)
Crayfish(finely ground)-2 table spoons
Scent leaf/Nchuanwu(igbo for scent leaf, I don't know it's name in english)
Salt
Fresh pepper or preferably camerounian pepper(I can't help it I just love camerounian pepper) grin
spices(I have special spices that I use in cooking my palm nut stew, but you can do without it)

Preparation
Place the washed meat in a pot, add onions, maggi crayfish, salt, add water and boil for 20mins or more until tender
Cook the stock fish until done
Cook Ponmo with a liitle salt until done
Prepare the oil palm nut to extract the oil by boiling the wahed nuts for 20mins until soft
Remove from water and pound until chaff is peeled off nuts to remove the oil.
Pour boiling hot water into the pounded palm nuts, pass through a sieve to get pulp
Pour strained pulp into the meat, add stockfish,ponmo,dryfish
Add crayfish, maggi crayfish, salt, spice
Cook for 15mins or until the soup is fairly reduced and thickened to coat the back of the cooking spoon
Add the washed and shredded scent leaf
Allow to simmer for 2mins
Check seasoning and serve with rice or anything you choose

Bon appetit smiley
Re: How To Prepare Fried Rice And Igbo Palm Fruit Stew by davmor(m): 6:51am On Apr 11, 2010
krazyeddy:

pls can any good cook help me out on how to prepare fried rice and the igbo stew that plam fruit is used to prepare
dear, our fellow narialandists has realy tried in giving u useful tip. Just follow the steps & u will make a delicious meal. Cheers
Re: How To Prepare Fried Rice And Igbo Palm Fruit Stew by lahips: 9:39am On Apr 13, 2010
job well done AFFEE, dou i guess there are other methods, but this is straight to the point.
Re: How To Prepare Fried Rice And Igbo Palm Fruit Stew by dominique(f): 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2010
red oil fried rice, ewww tongue
Re: How To Prepare Fried Rice And Igbo Palm Fruit Stew by oddworldstranger(m): 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2010
i also wants to learn how to prepare it.

(1) (Reply)

Peak Milk New TV Commercials / Current Price Of Bag Of Rice, Beans And Foodstuff In Nigeria. Month Of June / Is Food Scarce In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.