Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,479 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

How To Invent A Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Invent A Religion (3133 Views)

Is Christianity A Religion Of Peace / Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
[size=13pt]How to invent a religion
[/size]

When your business is not doing well or the rich older woman u married isn't providing enough for you, it may be time for you to consider inventing a religion.
Consider fellows like Joseph smith(Mormons), Charles Taze Russell (Jehovah’s witnesses) , Muhammad(needs no introduction), , or L. Ron Hubbard (scientology) who have all taken this route(or a similar route) and given this world a cult.

[size=13pt]Step one. [/size]

Spend as much free time as possible learning about the religion(s) you want to copy from. Its important you blend as much information as possible from these religions. Be careful not to over blend because u will only end up messing up your story and contradicting yourself.

[size=13pt] Step two. [/size]

Claim that you saw an entity in a dark cave that says he is an angel or claim u had a vision. Make sure that people don't say u should provide witnesses, so claim u got inspired where no witnesses were.

Claim the entity u saw grabbed you by the chest and won't let go. Blame an "angel" that supposedly pinned you to a wall and commanded you to “Recite!”
The prophet of Islam (Muhammad) chose this route and infact the Koran means the “recitation”.

Claim u got depressed after this experience and feel you have no other choice than to invent the new religion.
Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, took a more direct approach and claimed that in 1820 he received a special vision directly from the Father and the Son.

[size=13pt]Step three [/size]

You must also proclaim yourself to be a prophet of one of those religions you were learning about, preferably the larger religion. wink
If you choose Christianity; You must claim that "god" forgot to reveal everything from both the old and new testament.
Eg Joseph smith (the guy from step 2) claimed Three years later after his special vision that another messenger (Moroni) allegedly appeared to him to inform him of a special book that was inscribed on gold plates, which supposedly contained the everlasting gospel. Islamic Mohammedians/Muslims prefers to call the quran "revealations" (both abrogated and not) the last testament that concludes everything their Islamic "god" forgot to mention.

[size=13pt] Step four. [/size]

You have to attack the larger religion u intend to copy from. If u are choose the path taken by mohammed(ians), J. smith, Charles Taze Russell then ur new religion will have to cast doubt about the Bible’s truthfulness and claim it is corrupt. Mormon leader Orson Pratt once said, “Who, in his right mind, could for one moment suppose the Bible in its present form to be a perfect guide? Who knows that even one verse of the Bible has escaped pollution?” though mohammed didn't condemn the scriptures torah and "injeel" as corrupt, only deceitful about who Jesus was but his fellowers over the centuries now claim vehemently that the bible is corrupted but still search through its pages looking for how It prophesied mohammed(which it doesn't).

[size=13pt] Step five. [/size]

It is likely that the knowledgeable people will suspect you are a fraud so it is advised that you appear nice and say things like "there is no compulsion of religion", etc. If some still disagree with your "theology" then best course of action is to make some adjustments in your doctrine. Say things like that pleases them eg how mohammed recited the satanic verses to win pagan converts.

[size=13pt] Step six. [/size]

If those doubting naysayer people stil doubt u it is better u make the argument of literally excellence. This means that u should claim that there is no work like ur work. Your concoction is the best there is and no one can concoct anything like it. Mohammed and Joseph Smith took this route. In fact Joseph smith is alleged to have said the book of Mormon is “the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts than any other book.

Mohammed said the same thing but only in Arabic.

[size=13pt]Step seven. [/size]

If you have followed all these steps correctly you will notice that you should have won over some converts.

People are usually ignorant, especially to the truth. Till this day some people still believe that Islam literally means peace while infact it means submission. Submit to Islamic allah or get ur head chopped off.

Qur’an 8:12— Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): “I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them.”

Qur’an 9:73—O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination.”

Now tell ur new converts that they are the best of people and that other people are cattle, apes, monkeys, the worst of creatures.

[size=13pt]Step Eight. [/size]

If sweet talking your fellowers works and they increase into a large number then it is time to get serious. Make sure u make ur new invention visible even if it means confronting the competition. Insult them, ridicule them but don't over do it because you make get kicked out or hurt.

[size=13pt] Step nine [/size]

After you have emassed a large following of ignorant or like minded people you have to proceed to Keep your followers ignorant. Make sure they don't ask questions and do research since they may discover your falsehood.
Eg mohammed chose to groomed Muslims to abstain from questioning the tenents of Islam.

Surah 5:101-102: “O ye who believe! Ask not
questions about things which if made plain to
you, may cause you trouble …Some people
before you did ask such questions, and on that
account lost their faith.”
(Yusuf Ali)

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 3, Number 92:
Narrated Abu Musa: The Prophet was asked about
things which he did not like, [size=13pt] but when the
questioners insisted, the Prophet got angry
[/size]

[size=13pt] Step Ten[/size]

Your followers have grown.
Its time for aggressive expansion.
Mohammed's Islamic expansion was very aggressive indeed cleverly calling Muslims to wage jihad.

Qur'an (9:29)-"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Should you choose his route then You may need to consider Killing those that fail to submit to you religion.
Enslave their women
Rape captives
Sell them as slaves

Promise your fighters/fellowers a paradise of 72 wives/ companions, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby. This will make your fellowers willing to died for you.

A paradise with wine galore and immorality is legal. Where beings are created to serve you and pleasure you.

These beautiful companions, known as“Houris”in Arabic.

The Quran describes them in some detail as such:
“Serving [the believers] will be immortal youths with jeweled and crystal cups filled with the purest wine which will neither give them headache nor hangover, with fruits and meats of their desire. They will be fair ones with lovely intense eyes like guarded pearls; A reward for the good deeds of their past life.”(56:17-24)

“We have created mates for them and made them virgins, matched in age, for the companions of the right hand.”(56:35-38)

“They will be chaste, restraining their eyes in modesty, never touched by man or Jinn.”(55:56)

“Serving them will be immortal servants. When you see them, they will look like scattered pearls.”(76:19)

The Islamic scholar Yusuf Ali defines the word“Houris”in his english interpretation of Qur’an as“Youths of perpetual freshness.”

[size=13pt] FINAL STEP [/size]

Now the final step for keeping your religion going.
KILL APOSTATES.
Eg

"If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him." (Bukhari, Book 52, Number 260)

"The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."
(Bukhari, Book 83 Number 17)

Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims." — Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:83:17 ”

Both the deceiver and the deceived (The false prophet and the ignorant devout followers) go into eternity lost. Perhaps this is why every New Testament book in the bible except Philemon contains warnings against false prophets and their teachings, which underscores the fact that there is nothing else that should be taken more seriously than spiritual truth and error.

My prayer for you is to find spiritual truth...and the Love and salvation of Christ.

[size=18pt] *** please don't start a religion. It is not cool. [/size]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Invent A Religion by johnydon22(m): 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
seriously i thought you have done this before........ again
Re: How To Invent A Religion by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
lol......... But i was tot nt to start what i cant finish.
Re: How To Invent A Religion by plaetton: 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
Op.
You're 100%.
But, you forgot to use examples of virgin births, horn.y sexcrazed holy spirits, falling out of a house visions, and papal infallibility and threats eternal barbicues, to butress your points.
I hope the omissions were not deliberate.

You also failed to mention that in all the above prophetic visions, hallucinogenic herbs also came in handy.

Lest, we forget , all the aforementioned founders of the world's religions, including apostle Paul, Buddha and Moses, just to mention a few, have all been post-diagnosed with Temporary Lobe Epilepsy (TLE), a mental condition that promotes and exagerates the prophetic religious experience.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
plaetton:
Op.
You're 100%.
But, you forgot to use examples of virgin births, Hot sexcrazed holy spirits, failing out of a house visions, and papal infallibility and threats eternal barbicues to butress your points.
I hope the omissions were not deliberate.

You also failed to mention that in all the above prophetic visions, hallucinogenic herbs also came in handy.

Lest, we forget all the aforementioned founders of the world's religions, including apostle Paul, Buddha and Moses, just to mention a few, have all been post-diagnosed with Temporary Lobe Epilepsy (TLE), a mental condition that promotes and exagerates the prophetic religious experience.

How did u do a post Temporary Lobe Epilepsy (TLE) diagnosis, on all of the aforementioned individuals without their presence..

Remind me again where u got your psychology degree. That's by the way..

U see the reference for my write up was Christianity which all the false prophets like to latch onto... And which we Christians have been sufficiently warned about.

You as an atheist or agnostic may have a varied opinion and I will support your right to say your opinion but when u make fabrications (like u just did) I will call u to order..

2 Likes

Re: How To Invent A Religion by plaetton: 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2015
parisbookaddict:

How did u do a post Temporary Lobe Epilepsy (TLE) diagnosis, on all of the aforementioned individuals without their presence..

Remind me again where u got your psychology degree. That's by the way..

U see the reference for my write up was Christianity which all the false prophets like to latch onto... And which we Christians have been sufficiently warned about.

You as an atheist or agnostic may have a varied opinion and I will support your right to say your opinion but when u make fabrications (like u just did) I will call u to order..

Lol.
Typical " My religion is better than the other religions " syndrome.
Yeah! What else is new ? undecided

First of all, post-diagnosis of a mental disorder is very easily gotten from written accounts of events, cross-referenced with the modern scientifically known symptoms of the particular disease.
Just google religion and epilepsy, and see the wealth of scientific information that shows a real cause and effect relationship between the two.

Secondly , it is very very laughable and very very hypocritical ( I guess goes with the territory) to point accusing fingers at rival religions while ignoring the four other fingers pointing back at yours.
Haven't you considered that perhaps the other rival religions were only trying to counterfeit what they learned from the very best, the foremost counterfeiter of all time, The Christian religion ?

I can't stop laughing at your brazen hypocrisy.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Typical " My religion is better than the other religions " syndrome.
Yeah! What else is new ? undecided

First of all, post-diagnosis of a mental disorder is very easily gotten from written accounts of events, cross-referenced with the modern scientifically known symptoms of the particular disease.
Just google religion and epilepsy, and see the wealth of scientific information that shows a real cause and effect relationship between the two.

Secondly , is very very laughable and very very hypocritical ( I guess goes with the territory) to point accusing fingers at rival religions while ignoring the four other fingers pointing back at yours.
Haven't you considered that perhaps the other rival religions were only trying to counterfeit what they learned from the very best, the foremost counterfeiter all time, The Christian religion ?

I can't stop laughing at your brazen hypocrisy.

Like I said, you have every right to your opinion...
If this view makes u sleep better at night then go for it.. It's ur cup of tea..

U are not the first to attack Christianity with lies and personal opinions and u won't be the last..

I choose to write on frauds who invented a religion by copying Christian and Jewish texts and I have written it..

If u want to write on ur fairytale "the foremost counterfeiter all time religion" as u put it, Princess u are free to do so..
Re: How To Invent A Religion by plaetton: 7:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
parisbookaddict:

If this view makes u sleep better at night then go for it.. It's ur cup of tea..

U are not the first to attack Christianity with lies and personal opinions and u won't be the last..

I choose to write on frauds who invented a religion by copying Christian and Jewish texts and I have written it..

If u want to write on ur fairytale "the foremost counterfeiter all time religion" as u put it, Princess u are free to do so..

Wow.
You are certainly one a kind hypocrite.
So unabashed about your brazen public hypocrisy.
Obviously Irritated that someone is pointing at the frauds of your religion while you very busy shouting out the frauds of rival religions.
Hilarious.

You are the true stuff that silly religions are made of.
Mmcchheww!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Invent A Religion by johnydon22(m): 7:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Yeah i get you perfectly well. . . You are lashing Islam cus it copied from christianity, this is a common knowledge.

But while blowing out your methods of starting up new religions you also forgot to add that those exact same ways you listed above also applies to the christian religion just like plaetton tried pointing out to you.

We know islam copied from Christianity (atleast the Gnostic gospels) then yet again Chrisitianity also borrowed theme from older religions (e.g: Mithraism) and also copied from the Jewish scriptures which you also accuse islam of doing. . Last i checked the tenakh is a jewish book (judaism) and belongs to neither Christianity or islam.

Same way the Jews borrowed some more mythologies to make their own scriptures like Mesopotamian, sumerian and babylonian mythologies . .

What he was saying is, You would have added also in your criteria listed above similar characters exhibited by the founding fathers of christiandom at the advent of the christian religion then also point out that of islam, maybe it would have more weight then...

2 Likes

Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 7:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
plaetton:

Wow.
You are certainly one a kind hypocrite.
So unabashed about your brazen public hypocrisy.
Obviously Irritated that someone is pointing at the frauds of your religion while you very busy shouting out the frauds of rival religions.
Hilarious.
I
You are the true stuff that silly religions are made of.
Mmcchheww!

OH, Princess please do calm down.. U assume to much.. I am not in the very least Irritated.. In fact u amuse me as lots of u agnostics often do.

Where did u point out the frauds in my religion....Perhaps I missed it in your comment.. Was it when u alleged the prophets and apostle all had mental issues...which u magically diagnosed... Oh! ur evidence was too 'fabulous'..
Dude give it a rest, u insult the very meaning of the word skepticism. smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 8:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Yeah i get you perfectly well. . . You are lashing Islam cus it copied from christianity, this is a common knowledge.

But while blowing out your methods of starting up new religions you also forgot to add that those exact same ways you listed above also applies to the christian religion just like plaetton tried pointing out to you.

We know islam copied from Christianity (atleast the Gnostic gospels) then yet again Chrisitianity also borrowed theme from older religions (e.g: Mithraism) and also copied from the Jewish scriptures which you also accuse islam of doing. . Last i checked the tenakh is a jewish book (judaism) and belongs to neither Christianity or islam.

Same way the Jews borrowed some more mythologies to make their own scriptures like Mesopotamian, sumerian and babylonian mythologies . .

What he was saying is, You would added also in your criteria listed above similar characters exhibited by the founding fathers of christiandom at the advent of the christian religion then also point out that of islam, maybe it would have more weight then...

Dude I am bored with this your constant Mesopotamian, sumerian and babylonian mythologies argument.

By the way the only one that had significant similarities in the Bible is the Mesopotamian flood story.. And I have asked u that if the Mesopotamian documented a flood does that now mean it didn't happen or that the Jews were wrong.. You haven't improved in your arguments since we last had a chat.

By the way the similarities may even be plain coincidence..

#############
For example Kennedy and Lincoln had remarkable coincidences but does that mean neither men didn't exist

Both presidents were elected to theHouse of Representativesin '46.*.Both presidents were elected to thepresidencyin '60, after a series of debates with their opponent.*.Lincoln defeated incumbent Vice PresidentJohn C. Breckenridgefor the presidency in 1860; Kennedy defeated incumbent Vice PresidentRichard M. Nixonfor the presidency in 1960.*.Both their predecessors left office in their seventies and retired toPennsylvania.James Buchanan, whom Lincoln succeeded, retired toLancaster Township;Dwight D. Eisenhower, whom Kennedy succeeded, retired toGettysburg.*.Both theirVice Presidentsand successors were Southern Democrats named Johnson (Andrew JohnsonandLyndon B. Johnson) who were born in '08.*.Both presidents were concerned with the problems ofblack Americansand made their views strongly known in '63. Lincoln signed theEmancipation Proclamationin 1862, which took effect in 1863. In 1963, Kennedy presented his reports to Congress onCivil Rights, and the same year was the famousMarch on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.*.Both presidents were shot in the head on a Friday seated beside their wives. Both Fridays preceded a major holiday observed within the week.*.Both presidents were accompanied by another couple.*.The male companion of the other couple was wounded by the assassin.*.Both presidents had a son die during their presidency.*.Both presidents fathered four children, only one of whom survived into the next century and who served other presidents by political appointment.*.Both presidents' wives died in their sixties after an untimely decline in health, during the administration of a president who had seen their husbands in Washington, D.C. the same year as the assassination.*.Lincoln was shot byJohn Wilkes BoothatFord's Theatre; Kennedy was shot byLee Harvey Oswaldin aLincolnautomobile, made byFord.*.Both presidents' last names have 7 letters.*.There are 6 letters in each Johnson's first name.*.After shooting Lincoln, Booth ran from a theatre to a warehouse; after shooting Kennedy, Oswald ran from a warehouse to a theatre.*.Both Johnsons were succeeded as President in '69 by Republicans whose administrations were considered failures and whose mothers were named Hannah.*.Both assassins died in the same month as their victim in a state adjacent to the state of their birth.*.Both assassins were Southern white males born in the late '30s, who were in their mid-20s.*.Both assassins were killed before being tried, by men who were reared in the North, changed their name as adults, and were bachelors.*.Both assassins had 15 letters in their name*.Both assassins shot the fatal bullet while in a building where they worked on a floor above ground level.*.Both assassins suffered injuries during escape.*.Both assassins sympathized with a government that was adversarial to theinterests of the United States.
###
That some civilizations documented something similar to the Jews doesn't mean the Jews are frauds..Nor is Christianity..

In fact it lends credence to the Jewish narrative.. The early Christians were mostly Jewish because they understood how Christianity fulfilled Judaism's old law and prophesies...

Do I expect u to agree with me.. Of course not, u think there isn't a God, so why would any of this make sense to u who believes humanity was a cosmic accident that randomly spurned life.
Re: How To Invent A Religion by johnydon22(m): 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahaha maybe i should have said the jews copied Igbo mythology instead and not the actual ones they copied cheesy

seriously imagine the magnitude of this copy and paste shocked Nobody was even arguing with you and you are already copying and pasting and pouring out cute emotional speeches...

hahahahahahahhahaha i always love this.... Bro continue your thing shaa, i wan watch harry potter grin

1 Like

Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahahahahahahaha maybe i should have said the jews copied Igbo mythology instead and not the actual ones they copied cheesy

seriously imagine the magnitude of this copy and paste shocked Nobody was even arguing with you and you are already copying and pasting and pouring out cute emotional speeches...

hahahahahahahhahaha i always love this.... Bro continue your thing shaa, i wan watch harry potter grin

The only copy and paste was the Coincidences between Lincoln And Kennedy... I often use this to illustrate how epic Coincidences can be...

Cant figure out the rest of ur comment.. This is why I said u haven't developed in your arguments, u still have a lot of knowledge to acquire before I can take u serious as a skeptic..

So Mr atheist run along.. Go watch harry potter and wallow in your ignorance.
smiley
Re: How To Invent A Religion by johnydon22(m): 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
parisbookaddict:

The only copy and paste was the Coincidences between Lincoln And Kennedy... I often use this to illustrate how epic Coincidences can be...

Cant figure out the rest of ur comment.. This is why I said u haven't developed in your arguments, u still have a lot of knowledge to acquire before I can take u serious as a skeptic..

So Mr atheist run along.. Go watch harry potter and wallow in your ignorance.
smiley
Hahahahahahahaha bro forget the funny emotional talks. . anyway enough of religions, Join us at the science section lets talk something more meaningful and real ...lets start here bro https://www.nairaland.com/2391945/sciences-discussion-thread/14#35080646 ...see you!!! smiley
Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 9:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahahahahaha bro forget the funny emotional talks. . anyway enough of religions, Join us at the science section lets talk something more meaningful and real ...lets start here bro https://www.nairaland.com/2391945/sciences-discussion-thread/14#35080646 ...see you!!! smiley

For my science, tech et al discussions I go to reddit.com.. Where the Muslims are few and the topics don't bore me smiley
Re: How To Invent A Religion by johnydon22(m): 9:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
parisbookaddict:

For my science, tech et al discussions I go to reddit.com.. Where the Muslims are few and the topics don't bore me smiley

Lol... whats the business of science and islam hope you aint this obsessed with islam in real life...

Anyway just hit the thread lets see how well it will go smiley
Re: How To Invent A Religion by plaetton: 9:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Dude I am bored with this your constant Mesopotamian, sumerian and babylonian mythologies argument.

By the way the only one that had significant similarities in the Bible is the Mesopotamian flood story.. And I have asked u that if the Mesopotamian documented a flood does that now mean it didn't happen or that the Jews were wrong.. You haven't improved in your arguments since we last had a chat.

By the way the similarities may even be plain coincidence..

#############
For example Kennedy and Lincoln had remarkable coincidences but does that mean neither men didn't exist

Both presidents were elected to theHouse of Representativesin '46.*.Both presidents were elected to thepresidencyin '60, after a series of debates with their opponent.*.Lincoln defeated incumbent Vice PresidentJohn C. Breckenridgefor the presidency in 1860; Kennedy defeated incumbent Vice PresidentRichard M. Nixonfor the presidency in 1960.*.Both their predecessors left office in their seventies and retired toPennsylvania.James Buchanan, whom Lincoln succeeded, retired toLancaster Township;Dwight D. Eisenhower, whom Kennedy succeeded, retired toGettysburg.*.Both theirVice Presidentsand successors were Southern Democrats named Johnson (Andrew JohnsonandLyndon B. Johnson) who were born in '08.*.Both presidents were concerned with the problems ofblack Americansand made their views strongly known in '63. Lincoln signed theEmancipation Proclamationin 1862, which took effect in 1863. In 1963, Kennedy presented his reports to Congress onCivil Rights, and the same year was the famousMarch on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.*.Both presidents were shot in the head on a Friday seated beside their wives. Both Fridays preceded a major holiday observed within the week.*.Both presidents were accompanied by another couple.*.The male companion of the other couple was wounded by the assassin.*.Both presidents had a son die during their presidency.*.Both presidents fathered four children, only one of whom survived into the next century and who served other presidents by political appointment.*.Both presidents' wives died in their sixties after an untimely decline in health, during the administration of a president who had seen their husbands in Washington, D.C. the same year as the assassination.*.Lincoln was shot byJohn Wilkes BoothatFord's Theatre; Kennedy was shot byLee Harvey Oswaldin aLincolnautomobile, made byFord.*.Both presidents' last names have 7 letters.*.There are 6 letters in each Johnson's first name.*.After shooting Lincoln, Booth ran from a theatre to a warehouse; after shooting Kennedy, Oswald ran from a warehouse to a theatre.*.Both Johnsons were succeeded as President in '69 by Republicans whose administrations were considered failures and whose mothers were named Hannah.*.Both assassins died in the same month as their victim in a state adjacent to the state of their birth.*.Both assassins were Southern white males born in the late '30s, who were in their mid-20s.*.Both assassins were killed before being tried, by men who were reared in the North, changed their name as adults, and were bachelors.*.Both assassins had 15 letters in their name*.Both assassins shot the fatal bullet while in a building where they worked on a floor above ground level.*.Both assassins suffered injuries during escape.*.Both assassins sympathized with a government that was adversarial to theinterests of the United States.
###
That some civilizations documented something similar to the Jews doesn't mean the Jews are frauds..Nor is Christianity..

In fact it lends credence to the Jewish narrative.. The early Christians were mostly Jewish because they understood how Christianity fulfilled Judaism's old law and prophesies...

Do I expect u to agree with me.. Of course not, u think there isn't a God, so why would any of this make sense to u who believes humanity was a cosmic accident that randomly spurned life.

To say that some civilizations documented something similar to the jews is either the worse form of ignorance or the worst form of dishonesty on your part.

First, the sumerian civilizations predated the hebrew wanderings with about 5000 solid years.

The Egyptian civilization by same or even more yrs.

Babylonian civilization by at least 2000 yrs.

We also read from the bible that Abraham, father Of the hebrews was a citizen of sumerian civilization.

And also that hebrews spent a whopping 400 yrs on Egypt.

And wandered for 40 or more years in Canaan.

And also that same hebrews spent 75 years in Babylon.

Knowing all this, and then saying that another civilization may have possesed, by chance, the same myths as is found in the bible, display a very rare form of either cognitive dissonance or plain dishonesty.

The hebrews were simply master plagerists, who just did simple substitution of their tribal fetish god, yahweh, for the dieties of Ancient Summer, Egypt, Canaan and Babylon.

The rest, they say, is history.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Invent A Religion by NumberOne2(m): 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2015
1 - A guy be selling book titled How to be a Millionaire in the HOT SUN.
2 - Football fans advice the Coach how to win the game.
3 - A Banker advice a Doctor on the drugs to prescribe.
4 - Atheists advicing on how to start a religion.

... and I thought I had seen it all. shocked
Re: How To Invent A Religion by johnydon22(m): 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
plaetton:

To say that some civilizations documented something similar to the jews is either the worse form of ignorance or the worst form of dishonesty on your part.

First, the sumerian civilizations predated the hebrew wanderings with about 5000 solid years.

We also read from the bible that Abraham, father Of the hebrews was a citizen of sumerian civilization.

Knowing all this, and then saying that another civilization may have possesed, by chance, the same myths as is found in the bible, display a very rare form of either cognitive dissonance or plain dishonesty.

The hebrews were simply master plagerists, who just did simple substitution of their tribal fetish god, yahweh, for the dieties of Ancient Summer, Egypt, Canaan and Babylon.

I wasn't really in the mood to argue tonight with him. . . You just spoke my mind. . . You know i wondered how Gilgamesh and Noah, Hindu flood stories were mere coincidence, maybe there were more than 80 flood occurrences then... Just too tired to start detailing

1 Like

Re: How To Invent A Religion by menesheh(m): 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Sorry i can't comment my views, you are just damn delusional in your judgement of other religious inventions and desist from using the same judgement for yours either because you felt yours is older or you were raised up a Christian or a jew.

Hung up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Invent A Religion by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 24, 2015
On a serious note, there is a new "religion" in the works right now that has the support of the new, "civilized" world and I mean support at the highest levels of power. It doesn't have all the @op elements but the opposite, actually.

Very monied idealism doing all sorts of charity while organizing and disseminating ideals on atheism, animalism, gay rights and all the freedoms of the age, like nude churches, etc. There is even a Christianity idealism, of course modified to their general guidelines.

They are ordaining ministers. What surprised me was that there are Christian mainstream churches who were fighting to be associated with the organization(s) just for financial gains.

It's working. I have seen it work from a very close point. If someone is decisively of a particular faith, and out of a conviction of the heart, you cannot be moved. Whether it's a decision for darkness or for light. You can only be moved if you were double minded, undecided to begin with.

Their aim is not hidden. It is to establish a worldwide religion based on the ideals of the "civilised world." These are the Ideals of the civilised world, since the rebellion of the nobility against the Kingdoms, the basis of our systems - economic, political and social;

1.Liberite
2.Fraternite
3.Egalite

The world we live in is a cautiously planned out script with these elements;
1.Hope,
- in terms of rewards of the system in exchange for submitting to the rules. You go to school to be taught how to serve the corporate masters (the new face of the European Nobility), get employed by the same nobility for your sustenance.
No matter how vain, people are indoctrinated into earning for just that, and freedoms become redefined with that false hope.

2.Control
Political, Economic, Social. If you believe it's a "free" world, I really can't help you here.
Once you have control of men in this way, You control what knowledge, beliefs, freedoms and culture they think they own.

In all these, and for a few centuries - in our age, especially since the reformation, religion has been the loose Canon....

To be continued. ....
Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 8:33am On Jun 24, 2015
plaetton:

The atheist and the cognitive Dissonance insult.. Cant u guys make an argument without bring up that term..

You started of by claiming Temporary Lobe Epilepsy diagnosis on all the prophets and apostles meaning u believe they "coincidentally" had the same issue.. This is your belief.. But u can't apply such a "coincidence" in the Jewish narrative of the floods coincidentally being similar to that of the Mesopotamian etc.. I wonder if u are suffering from the cognitive Dissonance u atheists sing about

Look dude, Christianity is a religion and a true one whether u like it or not.. Their had been tonnes of books written to attack it and loads of theories brought Forward and they have failed... All your allegations and personal opinions. about any ancient civilization having a similar story lends credence to the Jewish narrative and doesn't take away from it..

If they plagiarized like u claim then why don't u create a topic and invite us Christians to come defend what we believe. I have created a thread to discuss the frauds latching on to Christianity to perpetuate evil And deceive, chief amongst them is Mohammed and his islam..

1 Like

Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 8:46am On Jun 24, 2015
menesheh:

Sorry i can't comment my views, you are just damn delusional in your judgement of other religious inventions and desist from using the same judgement for yours either because you felt yours is older or you were raised up a Christian or a jew.

Hung up

U can't comment your views?? Then why comment at all..

Please post something that will actually be new, factual and hasn't been conjured up before by your atheist and agnostic brothers.. .

U atheists Quite often bring your own personal opinions or that of some other fellow.. Almost never facts.. Bring some and challenge my belief.. Run along and be quiet if u can't "comment your views" as u put it.
Re: How To Invent A Religion by menesheh(m): 9:57am On Jun 24, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Please post something that will actually be new, factual and hasn't been conjured up before by your atheist and %%00a@198.7.62.204 80 q@q%agnostic brothers.. .

U atheists Quite often bring your own personal opinions or that of some other fellow.. Almost never facts.. Bring some and challenge my belief.. Run along and be quiet if u can't "comment your views" as u put it.

What makes you think yours is true while others followed your steps for their own religious invention?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Invent A Religion by plaetton: 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
parisbookaddict:

The atheist and the cognitive Dissonance insult.. Cant u guys make an argument without bring up that term..

You started of by claiming Temporary Lobe Epilepsy diagnosis on all the prophets and apostles meaning u believe they "coincidentally" had the same issue.. This is your belief.. But u can't apply such a "coincidence" in the Jewish narrative of the floods coincidentally being similar to that of the Mesopotamian etc.. I wonder if u are suffering from the cognitive Dissonance u atheists sing about

Look dude, Christianity is a religion and a true one whether u like it or not.. Their had been tonnes of books written to attack it and loads of theories brought Forward and they have failed... All your allegations and personal opinions. about any ancient civilization having a similar story lends credence to the Jewish narrative and doesn't take away from it..

If they plagiarized like u claim then why don't u create a topic and invite us Christians to come defend what we believe. I have created a thread to discuss the frauds latching on to Christianity to perpetuate evil And deceive, chief amongst them is Mohammed and his islam..

Lol.

It seems you way too dumb to know the difference, and be able to seperate Facts from Faith. This is your grand folly.

I will always attack falsehoods from ignorant religious quacks who come here to peddle sunday school nonsense.

There is no excuse for untamed ignorance in this age of information.

The sheer irony here is that bellicose blokes like you, ignoring the log in the eyes of your own fraud religion, are stirring the pot about the Spec in the eyes of rival religions.

Like I said before, you are a shining example of how silly a religion can make a person.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Invent A Religion by Rilwayne001: 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Look dude, Christianity is a religion and a true one whether u like it or not.. Their had been tonnes of books written to attack it and loads of theories brought Forward and they have failed... All your allegations and personal opinions. about any ancient civilization having a similar story lends credence to the Jewish narrative and doesn't take away from it.. If they plagiarized like u claim then why don't u create a topic and invite us Christians to come defend what we believe. I have created a thread to discuss the frauds latching on to Christianity to perpetuate evil And deceive, chief amongst them is Mohammed and his islam..

Okay now, I dare you to join the discussion going on this page https://www.nairaland.com/2172133/question-did-jesus-read-bible/15
Re: How To Invent A Religion by TheFilmmaker: 2:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Okay now, I dare you to join the discussion going on this page https://www.nairaland.com/2172133/question-did-jesus-read-bible/15

The finger pointing muslim dullard from ringroad is back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Invent A Religion by menesheh(m): 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Please post something that will actually be new, factual and hasn't been conjured up before by your atheist and agnostic brothers.. .

I used mostly in my comment.

Check the statistics of other countries in Europe. One thing with United States is that they do actually refer to themselves as religious but in actually sense they don't give a damn about bible inscriptions and laws. They do their thing in their own way. Almost all Nigerian believe in one thing or the other and obey it's tenets. They are as dogmatic and fanatic to the extent of suicide bombing and violence. But you dare not see such in the United States.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2109488/2030-The-year-Britain-cease-Chrsitian-nation-march-secularism.html

https://humanism.org.uk/campaigns/religion-and-belief-some-surveys-and-statistics/

2012 survey, very old
http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2012/10/statistics-round-up--religion-in-decline-around-europe-and-usa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
menesheh:

I used mostly in my comment.

Check the statistics of other countries in Europe. One thing with United States is that they do actually refer to themselves as religious but they don't give a damn about bible inscriptions and laws. They do their thing in their own way. Almost all Nigerian believe in one thing or the other and are dogmatic and fanatic to the extent of suicide bombing and violence. But you dare not see such in the United States.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2109488/2030-The-year-Britain-cease-Chrsitian-nation-march-secularism.html

https://humanism.org.uk/campaigns/religion-and-belief-some-surveys-and-statistics/

2012 survey, very old
http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2012/10/statistics-round-up--religion-in-decline-around-europe-and-usa

Noted
Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Mr Muslim when I am done with the atheists I will attend to u
Re: How To Invent A Religion by parisbookaddict(f): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

It seems you way too dumb to know the difference, and be able to seperate Facts from Faith. This is your grand folly.

I will always attack falsehoods from ignorant religious quacks who come here to peddle sunday school nonsense.

There is no excuse for untamed ignorance in this age of information.

The sheer irony here is that bellicose blokes like you, ignoring the log in the eyes of your own fraud religion, are stirring the pot about the Spec in the eyes of rival religions.

Like I said before, you are a shining example of how silly a religion can make a person.

Are u done with your rant princess..?

U concluded that Christianity is a fraud because jews shared a similar flood story with some ancient civilizations and that according to u all the documented writings of the prophets and apostles is indicative of a coincidental lmental disorder...

In summary u conclude that because of these and perhaps some other similar comical ideas u haven't shared that there is no God...

Okay... Enjoy your folly.. In the meantime please stop derailing the thread...
Re: How To Invent A Religion by Rilwayne001: 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Mr Muslim when I am done with the atheists I will attend to u
I will be waiting for you, Mr/Mrs confusionist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aliens In The Bible / Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? / The Christian God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.