Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? (1866 Views)

Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast / Nairaland Most Visited Site In Nigeria Than Facebook.com - Alexa Ranking / Bloggers, How Much Do You Make From Google Adsense Monthly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by theplushist: 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
I launched a site sometime back www.theplushist.com and the ranking is not improving as Fast as I expected. Any suggestions on how to help it improve?
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by ITbomb(m): 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
Nice niche
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by theplushist: 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
By having a nice niche?
ITbomb:
Nice niche
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by oteneaaron(m): 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
hello dearie....improving your alexa ranking is as easy as it takes time.....what do i mean?

there are a few criteria's you should be mindful of always living by...

1.) submit your website to search engines....--- submitting your website to popular search engines as a webmaster proves that you own the website and it improves your search engine ranking............the website where i co-blog at ----- www.roviarsguide.com is submitted to a lot of search engines but mostly we are submitted to google(using googles webmaster tools) and bing( bing webmasters tools)......this is essential to claiming "ownership" for your website.

2.) have a Regular presence on social media--- alexa rankings is also determined by your website's social media presence...so keep tweeting...pintresting.....facebooking.......redditing...instagraming,,,bbming........whatsapping and all the social media websites you can thing of.

3.) Get qualkity backlinks.....the concept of backlinks is not really understood by most website owners out there...lemme jus give youb a run down...backlinks are external links to your website from other NICHE related websites........that is...whenn you comment on other websites or blogs with a similar niche as your blog....when commenting place links to specific posts or articles on your website......pls note that you have to give meaniful comments...or else your comments will be trashed.....

4.) content is king.....
write more and more and more and more UNIQUE contents......if you have to borrow articles , give proper credit to the article owners........Nairaland is a great place to share your articles and place your links...also make sure you frequent sections related to your niche..........

hope i was able to help...and questions.......just gimme a buzz on our website.....http://www.roviarsguide.com/contact-us-2

also join our new article directory threadon nairaland...: https://www.nairaland.com/2400083/webmasters-article-directory-thread#35076375

2 Likes

Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by ITbomb(m): 7:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
theplushist:
By having a nice niche?
Lol, no You have a nice niche
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by theplushist: 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ok thanks
ITbomb:

Lol, no
You have a nice niche
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by theplushist: 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
But Roviars guide has almost the same ranking as www.theplushist.com

I mean I'm not yet seeing my Nigerian ranking sad
oteneaaron:
hello dearie....improving your alexa ranking is as easy as it takes time.....what do i mean?

there are a few criteria's you should be mindful of always living by...

1.) submit your website to search engines....--- submitting your website to popular search engines as a webmaster proves that you own the website and it improves your search engine ranking............the website where i co-blog at ----- www.roviarsguide.com is submitted to a lot of search engines but mostly we are submitted to google(using googles webmaster tools) and bing( bing webmasters tools)......this is essential to claiming "ownership" for your website.

2.) have a Regular presence on social media--- alexa rankings is also determined by your website's social media presence...so keep tweeting...pintresting.....facebooking.......redditing...instagraming,,,bbming........whatsapping and all the social media websites you can thing of.

3.) Get qualkity backlinks.....the concept of backlinks is not really understood by most website owners out there...lemme jus give youb a run down...backlinks are external links to your website from other NICHE related websites........that is...whenn you comment on other websites or blogs with a similar niche as your blog....when commenting place links to specific posts or articles on your website......pls note that you have to give meaniful comments...or else your comments will be trashed.....

4.) content is king.....
write more and more and more and more UNIQUE contents......if you have to borrow articles , give proper credit to the article owners........Nairaland is a great place to share your articles and place your links...also make sure you frequent sections related to your niche..........

hope i was able to help...and questions.......just gimme a buzz on our website.....http://www.roviarsguide.com/contact-us-2

also join our new article directory threadon nairaland...: https://www.nairaland.com/2400083/webmasters-article-directory-thread#35076375
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by oteneaaron(m): 7:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
theplushist:
But Roviars guide has almost the same ranking as www.theplushist.com

I mean I'm not yet seeing my Nigerian ranking sad

like i said earlier...or maybe i didn't.........nothing comes easy....people whose alexa rankings are quite low in their 1000's have been around for quite some time.......our website has almost the rankings as your website? thats cool.last week our rankings were horrible...but through constant work it's still improving..
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by Emmysteve(m): 8:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
Also interested in adding www.freekicknaija..in to the search engine
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by theplushist: 8:27pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ok thanks a lot
oteneaaron:

like i said earlier...or maybe i didn't.........nothing comes easy....people whose alexa rankings are quite low in their 1000's have been around for quite some time.......our website has almost the rankings as your website? thats cool.last week our rankings were horrible...but through constant work it's still improving..
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by fineyemi(m): 9:18am On Jun 24, 2015
Help me add <www.Guru9ja.com> to a search engine
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 24, 2015
open multiple browsers and visit yourself(twice a day ) like 1k page reloads under 3 mins
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by iykepromotions: 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
you can buy an expired domain name with rich alexa ranking goggle pagerank and backlinks then link it to your blog. view my signature for direct assistance
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by vizboy(m): 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
Jregz:
open multiple browsers and visit yourself(twice a day ) like 1k page reloads under 3 mins

Lol.

Op Install ALEXA tool On Your Mozilla Browser And Always visit ur site with it.

To Be Frank

Your Alexa Ranking can Only decrease if your traffic increase. so work on getting more traffic to ur site.

And you will see your alexa ranking decreasing on it own.

Forget Alexa ranking and work on your traffic
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by bizfirst: 3:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
theplushist:
I launched a site sometime back www.theplushist.com and the ranking is not improving as Fast as I expected. Any suggestions on how to help it improve?

You'll discover, my dear ThePlushist, that Alexa and its ranking mean very little - in real sense. By very little, I mean, monetization wise.

Let me tell you my story...

Back then when I started www.notopoverty.com, I erroneously believed that Alexa was gold and getting my site right below 100k would mean success. Instant success.

I worked my ass off and eventually (like a dream come true), I hit the first Alexa 100k and further drove the rank down to 85k. I was overjoyed. At last, my site was 'popular'.

But, what did this mean monetary wise? Nothing! Throughout that duration, I only got 1 sponsored post for a mere $30. Mere $30!

I had to think again...there was something I was getting wrong.

After cracking my skull for months and allowing the Alexa rank to drop to any level it cared, I discovered the true secrets of a successful blog:

1. Building a blog round a niche concept.
2. Driving targeted traffic of persons who are already hungry for the info you are providing.
3. Proving your expertise.
4. Selling (courses, ebooks, tangibles) and referring awesome products (affiliate marketing).
5. Making the bucks (and repeating the process, if you care)

This is what truly matter!

Since I figured out this recipe, I have not really cared about my Alexa rank again.

Why bother when you can make the bucks with a rank in the millions? Unless of course you are concerned about the vanity of a high and impressive rank.

My advice?

1. Damn Alexa and focus on driving targeted traffic, only.

2. Convert this traffic to a community, get to know their needs and create or introduce to them products that will tackle their challenges.

3. Watch yourself enjoy the dot com lifestyle and wonder while it took you so long to hear the ultimate truth relating to online success with a blog smiley

1 Like

Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by tessylove2(f): 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
bizfirst:

You'll discover, my dear ThePlushist, that Alexa and its ranking mean very little - in real sense. By very little, I mean, monetization wise.

Back then when I started www.notopoverty.com, I erroneously believed that Alexa was gold and getting my site right below 100k would mean success. Instant success.

I worked my ass off and eventually (like a dream come true), I hit the first Alexa 100k and further drove the rank down to 85k. I was overjoyed. At last, my site was 'popular'.

But, what did this mean monetary wise? Nothing! Throughout that duration, I only got 1 sponsored post for a mere $30. Mere $30!

After cracking my skull for months and allowing the Alexa rank to drop to any level it cared, I discovered the true secrets of a successful blog:

2. Driving targeted traffic of persons who are already hungry for the info you are providing.
4. Selling (courses, ebooks, tangibles) and referring awesome products (affiliate marketing).

Since I figured out this recipe, I have not really cared about my Alexa rank again.

Why bother when you can make the bucks with a rank in the millions? Unless of course you are concerned about the vanity of a high and impressive rank.

My advice?

2. Convert this traffic to a community, get to know their needs and create or introduce to them products that will tackle their challenges.

3. Watch yourself enjoy the dot com lifestyle and wonder while it took you so long to hear the ultimate truth relating to online success with a blog smiley
Well said bro, I just learnt something here!
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by theplushist: 10:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
Thanks!
vizboy:

Lol.

Op Install ALEXA tool On Your Mozilla Browser And Always visit ur site with it.

To Be Frank

Your Alexa Ranking can Only decrease if your traffic increase. so work on getting more traffic to ur site.

And you will see your alexa ranking decreasing on it own.

Forget Alexa ranking and work on your traffic
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? by theplushist: 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
Very insightful! Thanks a lot. Will take your advice.
bizfirst:

My advice?

(1) (Reply)

How To Easily Edit/modify .apk Files [tutorial] / Google Adsense Payment Pin Issue / Web4Africa Q & A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.