Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,938 members, 7,799,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me (4029 Views)

HELP!!! NYSC 2017 Batch A strm 2. was posted but couldnt go. Can i still serve? / See The State Of A Corper's Lodge A Friend Was Posted To / Nysc 2016 Prospective Corp Members, Which State Would You Like To Serve And Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 6:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
So I got Posted to a very rural area in Ijebu East, My God!! This place is like a forest or a forgotten land, I still can't believe places like this exist in Nigeria.. No light; No Water (at least not readily available), no good network, you need to drive for about 1 hr 30 minutes before you can get to the express where people are because the population there is so densed and no economic activity at all..Jeez.. I begged for letter of rejection tire but this principal didn't accept to give me oo, I even lied I had heart problem and the man just dey preach for me say make I no dey swear for myself..lol grin.. I sha collected the acceptance letter sha, even I know I cant have my ppa to be that place, the place is so scary in the day not to talk of night and I even heard how kidnapping is rampant..

So Corp members which of you was posted or have been posted to such a place; how did you cope and what was your experience?

Below is the picture I took of how the area is.. where we are expected to live.

3 Likes

Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by INTROVERT(f): 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
Have pirry on those village gals oooo grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
INTROVERT:
Have pirry on those village gals oooo grin grin grin
My God!! I can't even try it

1 Like

Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
More pic

Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by DaGC(m): 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
Bro, the service to the fatherland involves anywhere within its territories. Some corpers get urban places, some get rural places. Just serve your country diligently as much as you are comfortable with.

Its only NYSC that makes people know places like this still exist. I'm a bit of a traveler myself, and I've seen worse places.

May God bless you during your service year and may it help both Nigeria and you in developing.

I know I wasn't a saint during mine, but please take it easy on them village girls wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by babyfaceafrica: 7:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
Lol....and I tot waterside and ipokia is worse...its well

3 Likes

Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 7:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
Lol.. So na me dem con see put for rural area.. will take time for me to accept this as my fate.. still working on relocation sha
DaGC:
Bro, the service to the fatherland involves anywhere within its territories. Some corpers get urban places, some get rural places. Just serve your country diligently as much as you are comfortable with.

Its only NYSC that makes people know places like this still exist. I'm a bit of a traveler myself, and I've seen worse places.

May God bless you during your service year and may it help both Nigeria and you in developing.

I know I wasn't a saint during mine, but please take it easy on them village girls wink
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 7:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Lol....and I tot waterside and ipokia is worse...its well
I always thought waterside was the only bad place sha
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by babyfaceafrica: 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
haibe:
I always thought waterside was the only bad place sha
guy am passing out on july 2nd ..av been in wateside close to a year.. My area of waterside is nt dis bad...no light oo..but other dey averagely.

2 Likes

Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
guy am passing out on july 2nd ..av been in wateside close to a year.. My area of waterside is nt dis bad...no light oo..but other dey averagely.
seriously? How u dey cope for that waterside naw..lol. are u staying in corpers lodge?
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by babyfaceafrica: 7:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
haibe:
seriously? How u dey cope for that waterside naw..lol. are u staying in corpers lodge?
yes corpes lodge...I teach at ilusin grammar school senior..ogun waterside..I actually teach english and literature ...ss1 and ss2..omo na to charge u fone with gen eveynight o..but borehole dey my school...and indigenes dey cooperate wsmall small with foodstufss..but me I no dey do indigenes babes o..na corpe tins..ijebu get jass

2 Likes

Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by DaGC(m): 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
haibe:
Lol.. So na me dem con see put for rural area.. will take time for me to accept this as my fate.. still working on relocation sha

Goodluck to you

1 Like

Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 2:05am On Jun 24, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
yes corpes lodge...I teach at ilusin grammar school senior..ogun waterside..I actually teach english and literature ...ss1 and ss2..omo na to charge u fone with gen eveynight o..but borehole dey my school...and indigenes dey cooperate wsmall small with foodstufss..but me I no dey do indigenes babes o..na corpe tins..ijebu get jass
Okay.. it seems ur own still better. .
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by 2el(m): 5:53am On Jun 24, 2015
accept faith
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by babyfaceafrica: 6:32am On Jun 24, 2015
haibe:
Okay.. it seems ur own still better. .
lolz.....just manage am like dat...hope accomodation ddey sha?
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 7:13am On Jun 24, 2015
2el:
accept faith
you mean fate? I won't accept it yet until I have done everything in my power to make sure I change my ppa
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 7:14am On Jun 24, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
lolz.....just manage am like dat...hope accomodation ddey sha?
accommodation dey but I can never stay there..
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by babyfaceafrica: 7:17am On Jun 24, 2015
haibe:
accommodation dey but I can never stay there..
lolz...so what's ur next step?
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 7:19am On Jun 24, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
lolz...so what's ur next step?
getting a letter of acceptance from a company I intend to work with and submitting to Nysc.. Am at abeokuta atm
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by babyfaceafrica: 7:23am On Jun 24, 2015
haibe:
getting a letter of acceptance from a company I intend to work with and submitting to Nysc.. Am at abeokuta atm
ok...but without the school rejecting you..can you still do it?
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 7:28am On Jun 24, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
ok...but without the school rejecting you..can you still do it?
well am not sure but I know there must be a way around it
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by babyfaceafrica: 7:29am On Jun 24, 2015
haibe:
well am not sure but I know there must be a way around it
ok...may God help u
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 7:35am On Jun 24, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
ok...may God help u
thanks bro
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by chrisaham: 2:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
am @ijebu east too @haibe..tho my area is cool..its ijebu ife.
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by chrisaham: 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
@haibe,wer in ijebu east..ogbere,oke imobi,gbam gbam,imushin or ife..myself am @ife n its kul here.
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
chrisaham:
am @ijebu east too @haibe..tho my area is cool..its ijebu ife.
mine is imobi oo... ife is still cool for sure
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by clans(f): 3:23am On Jun 28, 2015
@op I was also posted to a village. Initially I thought the place was horrible, there was no electricity I just couldn't find anything positive to say about the place. But now grin just one month down the line I like the place. Things are cheap I no fit chop #100 food finish. I'm saving a lot of cash than I would if I were posted to the city. They adore corpers like kilode over here. On the down side I'm still trying to adjust to the food, language barrier and boredom. But corpers have found ways of making the place lively for ourselves. Let's just begin the countdown to when we live.. I'm serving in oyo state as far as I've got Internet connection what more can I ask for?

1 Like

Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 11:27am On Jun 28, 2015
Wow good for you.. I hope I will adjust too but a major concern for me is that the place is densely populated and very far from the express roads.. things doesn't seem to be cheap too, although I just bought a drink which usually cost 100 box in lagos for 110.. I don't know the prices of other stuffs tho..
clans:
@op I was also posted to a village. Initially I thought the place was horrible, there was no electricity I just couldn't find anything positive to say about the place. But now grin just one month down the line I like the place. Things are cheap I no fit chop #100 food finish. I'm saving a lot of cash than I would if I were posted to the city. They adore corpers like kilode over here. On the down side I'm still trying to adjust to the food, language barrier and boredom. But corpers have found ways of making the place lively for ourselves. Let's just begin the countdown to when we live.. I'm serving in oyo state as far as I've got Internet connection what more can I ask for?
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 4:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
babyfaceafrica what exactly is the waterside area called? I learnt its in Ijebu east too but whats the area called.. I only know ogbere, imobi, ife.. in ijebu east
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
chrisaham where u posted to a school in Ife? Is there a corper lodge there and how is life generally there
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by babyfaceafrica: 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
haibe:
babyfaceafrica what exactly is the waterside area called? I learnt its in Ijebu east too but whats the area called.. I only know ogbere, imobi, ife.. in ijebu east
ogun waterside is a local govenment on his own ...ijebu east is anoda local government ...there is also ijenu north,ijebu north east and ijebu ode..all under ijebu zone...ijebu ife is under ijebu east ,ogbere too..but waterside is on its own
Re: Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me by haibe(m): 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
ogun waterside is a local govenment on his own ...ijebu east is anoda local government ...there is also ijenu north,ijebu north east and ijebu ode..all under ijebu zone...ijebu ife is under ijebu east ,ogbere too..but waterside is on its own
okay.. cos I tried searching for waterside on my Google map but didn't get results but I found Imobi, its close to the lekki lagoon so I was wondering if it was the waterside..lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plateau Stream 2 Batch A 2016 Corpers ... / All You Need To Know About Edo State / Any Info On Delta State,, I Mean State Allawee, Cost Of Living, Transportation C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.