Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Taking Food Out Of Airplanes (44032 Views)

The World’s Strangest Airplanes That You Won’t Want To Fly On / Graveyard Of Nigeria's Dead Airplanes (Photos) / Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
Antoinne:

You don't get it now, do you?
Do you also take food away from KLM or Emirates flights? No, you don't. Why don't you then come with a special container and proceed to empty the food served right into this container, so you can very well take away something? What's stopping you from doing that?
i just told u people still take snack boxes off the plane and you are gonna continue saying they dont? This has officially become useless.

You are not paying for anyone's flight whatever they take off the plane shouldnt be your headache. You can take earphones and toiletries off a plane but food is a taboo undecided

Trying too hard to sound sophisticated

21 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Mystiqme: 11:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
Antoinne:

You guys don't seem to get it. I guess it's all part of the Nigerian thingy. undecided
It is not necessarily a Nigerian thing. I have seen Americans do it and I have seen Nigerians who don't do it. I don't do it but I don't see why I should burst a nerve when others do.
Seriously, why should I be bothered if someone takes food off the plane?

15 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 25, 2015
From this moment on, I am going to be leaving planes with their food, drinks, etc
I hate plane food.....but even if they serve sushi, sunny side up on tofu with cheddar cheese and a topping of marmite...(I know, right?)
I shall be taking it off planes
Thanks to OP
Cultured.....I guess for you means following the etiquette patterns of the oyibo
For me it is not
We have to have our thing
And if it is carrying food off planes, so be it

@Phema..... cheesy
I like that....I mean you were cold....thank the stars you were not too cultured to go and freeze to your death
The weather is warm now....but I shall be collecting a blanket or two in no distant time
Thanks to the OP

Some people I know about, a family (group of cousins)....take cutlery pieces as momento from restaurants
What shall we do to them?
And those pricey hotels?
Now checking.....and wondering how best to get my full money's worth....towels?
cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by zeezahbee(f): 4:01am On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

You guys don't seem to get it. I guess it's all part of the Nigerian thingy. undecided
Where are you from and where are you currently based so I can know how to chip in

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 5:46am On Jun 25, 2015
Phema:

What if i'm not hungry in the plane? Or i just do not feel like eating at that time? I get to my hotel room and just while waiting for a proper ordered meal to come, i munch. Now, how is that a crime?

And yes, the food comes with the purchase of that ticket. There are some airlines that do not offer these meals. So if an airline offers them, i will sure as hell take them away to eat at my convenience.

Make una no dey disgrace una self!
OP is right only in Nigeria do u see that shoot.
When u manage travel on ur first Intl flight why u no tell the airline hostess to put the food for to-go box for u?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 5:48am On Jun 25, 2015
Mystiqme:

It is not necessarily a Nigerian thing. I have seen Americans do it and I have seen Nigerians who don't do it. I don't do it but I don't see why I should burst a nerve when others do.
Seriously, why should I be bothered if someone takes food off the plane?

Whatever the colour of your skin or race what is bad is bad!

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 5:51am On Jun 25, 2015
Nigerians like to carry unnecessary and generally inappropriate souvenirs from the darndest places

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 6:34am On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

Make una no dey disgrace una self!
OP is right only in Nigeria do u see that shoot.
When u manage travel on ur first Intl flight why u no tell the airline hostess to put the food for to-go box for u?
most of the times the food is already packed in little boxes

6 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 6:36am On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:
most of the times the food is already packed in little boxes

which airline and type of food?
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 6:44am On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

which airline and type of food?

I have used BA, SAA, Emirates, Mango airlines, Flycem air, fastjet. This is coming from a non-Nigerian who does not live in Nigeria , people leave the plane with their little snack boxes everywhere else around the world and there is nothing uncultured about it. Its food you can eat on and off a plane. Different airlines give different types of food. undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 6:56am On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:

I have used BA, SAA, Emirates, Mango airlines, Flycem air. This is coming from a non-Nigerian who does not live in Nigeria , people leave the plane with their little snack boxes everywhere else around the world and there is nothing uncultured about it. Its food you can eat on and off a plane.

Different airlines give different types of food. undecided

Am gonna start with the airlines you made mention of the "packs" you claimed those meals are put in are not to-go boxes but sturdy packs to make the foods stay in without spilling on your clothing.
Asides from their mints,butter/margarine which Nigerians still find a way to slip in their pockets and take away those meals( my reason for asking was to verify how these Oyinbo meals that you have seen} are in in or discard by hostess meals that are not made to be taken away.

Wouldnt you be ashamed if after having your second haul( Dinner) from Dubai u keep yooour portion of meal and start eating at touch down or polluting the air of the aircraft at non-meal designated times?

the below link is a standard meal setting on long haul

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+emirates+inflight+meals&rlz=1C1CAFA_enUS645US645&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&imgil=c3DmFnTlvl5e3M%253A%253BjiSNVsJaGobarM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.airreview.com%25252FEmirates%25252FFood.htm&source=iu&pf=m&fir=c3DmFnTlvl5e3M%253A%252CjiSNVsJaGobarM%252C_&biw=1366&bih=623&usg=__-SZUEx2kV8kRS2KwdwZji4HHh5M%3D&ved=0CDIQyjc&ei=4ZiLVYCPI4m5-AGF54FQ

4 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 6:59am On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

Am gonna start with the airlines you made mention of the "packs" you claimed those meals are put in are not to-go boxes but sturdy packs to make the foods stay in without spilling on your clothing.
Asides from their mints,butter/margarine which Nigerians still find a way to slip in their pockets and take away those meals( my reason for asking was to verify how these Oyinbo meals that you have seen} were packed
i already said people leave with their snack boxes didn't i?

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 7:00am On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:

I have used BA, SAA, Emirates, Mango airlines, Flycem air, fastjet. This is coming from a non-Nigerian who does not live in Nigeria , people leave the plane with their little snack boxes everywhere else around the world and there is nothing uncultured about it. Its food you can eat on and off a plane. Different airlines give different types of food. undecided

Only hungry people take away food off an airplane. it's just so unheard off I wonder where you've been flying to. Cambodia?
If flying internationally some countries won't even allow you past airport checks with food, whatever nature. While most people actually carry their own food into the aircraft in order to avoid pale, often tasteless, airplane meals, you are actually carrying these meals off the plane? I'm lost for words!

3 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 7:02am On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

Wouldnt you be ashamed if after having your second haul( Dinner) from Dubai u keep yooour portion of meal and start eating at touch down or polluting the air of the aircraft at non-meal designated times?

There is always enough food for seconds on the flights. One doesnt have to keep the same portion overnight.

7 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 7:05am On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:
i already said people leave with their snack boxes didn't i?

u can ask the hostess to pack this for you

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+emirates+inflight+meals&rlz=1C1CAFA_enUS645US645&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&imgil=c3DmFnTlvl5e3M%253A%253BjiSNVsJaGobarM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.airreview.com%25252FEmirates%25252FFood.htm&source=iu&pf=m&fir=c3DmFnTlvl5e3M%253A%252CjiSNVsJaGobarM%252C_&biw=1366&bih=623&usg=__-SZUEx2kV8kRS2KwdwZji4HHh5M%3D&ved=0CDIQyjc&ei=4ZiLVYCPI4m5-AGF54FQ

these meals are barely up to $6 why do we always have to disgrace ourself taking meals off airplanes.
You afford buy plane ticket for aero yet they struggle to carry that their yeye puff puff and sugary juice barely up to 100 bucks out of the aircraft.

I dont do it and it makes me SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK in the stomach when i see peoplee do it

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 7:06am On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:

There is always enough food for seconds on the flights. One doesnt have to keep the same portion overnight.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO so after a meeal is served and done with and you have had your portion ( i amnt talking abt wines and drinks) you ask for another round 3-4 hours later? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

people go be llike this one na maluoooooooooooooooooooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 7:08am On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Only hungry people take away food off an airplane. it's just so unheard off I wonder where you've been flying to. Cambodia?
If flying internationally some countries won't even allow you past airport checks with food, whatever nature. While most people actually carry their own food into the aircraft in order to avoid pale, often tasteless, airplane meals, you are actually carrying these meals off the plane? I'm lost for words!

Its only black people without much who feel the need to form sophisticated with the smallest of things. I live with some black people who think wearing plastic slippers outside the house is not classy but they move around with plastic weaves on their heads yet they see nothing unsophisticated about that.

I see white kids and in some cases adults that move around groceries stores with bare feet. No one else see anything awkward about that.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 7:08am On Jun 25, 2015
milychocs:
From this moment on, I am going to be leaving planes with their food, drinks, etc
I hate plane food.....but even if they serve sushi, sunny side up on tofu with cheddar cheese and a topping of marmite...(I know, right?)
I shall be taking it off planes
Thanks to OP
Cultured.....I guess for you means following the etiquette patterns of the oyibo
For me it is not
We have to have our thing
And if it is carrying food off planes, so be it

@Phema..... cheesy
I like that....I mean you were cold....thank the stars you were not too cultured to go and freeze to your death
The weather is warm now....but I shall be collecting a blanket or two in no distant time
Thanks to the OP

Some people I know about, a family (group of cousins)....take cutlery pieces as momento from restaurants
What shall we do to them?
And those pricey hotels?
Now checking.....and wondering how best to get my full money's worth....towels?
cheesy
It's not unusual to take items away from an airplane. Some people do it, since no one is gonna stop you anyways. Some don't as it's almost stealing. Some take blankets away, some newspapers. It happens rarely, else the airline company won't even be able to sustain it.
But to think that's normal is way off. You can do it, but never consider it normal. Ask permission, if you must.

And tasteless airplane food is what you want to carry out as trophy items? If you ain't hungry at that moment, why not just decline? Why not just visit one of the airport restaurants and have a good meal if you must eat. Or settle down at the hotel to a better meal. Has airplane food suddenly become what you mustn't miss?

You guys are just incorrigible. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 7:10am On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:

Its only people without much who feel the need to form sophisticated with the smallest of things. I live with some black people who think wearing plastic slippers outside the house is not classy but they move around with plastic weaves on their heads yet they see nothing unsophisticated about that.

I see white kids and in some cases adults that move around groceries stores with bare feet. No one else see anything awkward about that.

you going off topic!!!

Noone is talking abt unfortunate people with self esteem issues or wannabes.

The convo is abt is it morally right irrespective of race to take away an in-flight meal out of the plane?

4 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 7:12am On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO so after a meeal is served and done with and you have had your portion ( i amnt talking abt wines and drinks) you ask for another round 3-4 hours later? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

people go be llike this one na maluoooooooooooooooooooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I have never asked for seconds before but i have seen people do it and so long there is still enough flight attendants gladly give it to them.
I see nothing wrong in people who do that, why make it my own headache cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 7:14am On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:

I have never asked for seconds before but i have seen people do it and so long there is still enough flight attendants gladly give it to them.
I see nothing wrong in people who do that, why make it my own headache cheesy

which airline and route and i will tell you the people that do? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 7:14am On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

you going off topic!!!

Noone is talking abt unfortunate people with self esteem issues or wannabes.

The convo is abt is it morally right irrespective of race to take away an in-flight meal out of the plane?

I just gave perfect examples in which people put sophistication in the most silly and trivial things and sadly its always people without much who do it. This is a fact

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 7:16am On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:

I just gave perfect examples in which people but sophistication in the most silly and trivial things and sadly its always people without much who do it. This is a fact

if you have reservations abt it am just curious why u subtly support same.

. . . i mean

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 7:16am On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

which airline and route and i will tell you the people that do? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
like i already said none of them are Nigerian airlines or Nigerian routes.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 7:21am On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:
like i already said none of them are Nigerian airlines or Nigerian routes.

obviously!!! thats why am asking the airline.
never flown the fmc or whatever you made mention of, but if its BA to London enroute USA yes those folks are obviously Nigerians.
Thats why i detest flying gbogbo ero airlines like BA or United that houses so many Nigerians in-flight.
Am an Emirates. Air France nd KLM customer on these airlines you barely see these kind of behaviours as Nigerians no dey MOST times plenty like that

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 7:24am On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

if you have reservations abt it am just curious why u subtly support same.

. . . i mean

Please tell me whats so special about using a plane that a person has to put so much sophistication into the smallest of things like taking food off one?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 7:27am On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:

Please tell me whats so special about using a plane that a person has to put so much sophistication into the smallest of things like taking food off one?

LOL @ ur "sophistication" what the hoot do u exactly mean by that in ur contexts? before ii can explain anytin
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 7:29am On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

obviously!!! thats why am asking the airline.
never flown the fmc or whatever you made mention of, but if its BA to London enroute USA yes those folks are obviously Nigerians.
Thats why i detest flying gbogbo ero airlines like BA or United that houses so many Nigerians in-flight.
Am an Emirates. Air France nd KLM customer on these airlines you barely see these kind of behaviours as Nigerians no dey MOST times plenty like that

Lol BA does not only operate flights to London it also operates in other countries all over the world grin So do you still reach the same destination with Nigerians that fly with gbogbo ero airlines? grin
So you use cheaper airlines and you still calls those that cost more the gbogbo airlines? grin okay

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 7:32am On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

LOL @ ur "sophistication" what the hoot do u exactly mean by that in ur contexts? before ii can explain anytin
just answer me whats so special about using a plane apart from just getting from one place to another?
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 7:36am On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:

Lol BA does not only operate flights to London it also operates in other countries all over the world grin So do you still reach the same destination with Nigerians that fly with gbogbo ero airlines? grin

Wherever you flying to/from naationl carriers will ALWAYS in ideal situations stop by in owner country before proceeding to destination.
Eg i take a BA to ATL, USA it will of course stop over in London, in-flight 40% would likely be Nigerians whose destination is London so u see meore of that crap but on changing aircraft from London those loud, abolonje ku xters and hippopotamus eaters would have gotten off in UK nd more ''sophistcated" people( let me use ur words} would have gotten on the craft grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin for the trip to Yankee grin grin grin grin grin thatts when u get the bit of fresh air grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 7:38am On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:

So you use cheaper airlines and you still calls those that cost more the gbogbo airlines? grin okay

@ bolded it is RELATIVELY far more cheaper to fly BA to USA than an Air France or KLM!!!!!! where are the my preferred airlines 'cheaper' u wan steal am

Go KLM make them cut ur head grin grin grin
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 7:40am On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:
just answer me whats so special about using a plane apart from just getting from one place to another?

nothing special!!!!!!! thats the more reason why you shouldnt take their crappy meals out!!!!

You no dey chop for house?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

U.S $80m F-35 Fighter Jet Vanishes From Air (Photos) / Accident Along Benin/owo Express Way In Ondo State(pic) / Family Of 5 Escapes Without A Scratch After Trailer Crushes Car In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.