Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" (51646 Views)

The Job Application Letter Received In An Abuja Office From A Graduate (Pictured / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / Please I Seek A Referral Or Offer. I Have 5yrs Experience In Banking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by Kemmy210(f): 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 1:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
ideology:
miss techy kindly ignore, it is from scammers, they use profiles of top government functionaries esp female ministers and wives of governors.
t
Lol I have .. thanks

1 Like

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 1:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
JideTheBlogger:
lol... thx for this MissTechy

Imagine, one Liyel-Imoke is currently disturbing me on LinkedIn, claiming to be the Governor's wife blah blah blah.

Awon learners grin grin grin

Lol as in . they need to up their trick
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
Zumzum:

Did you call the recruitment officer?

Lol why wasteth my credit
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
Bigsteveg:

Thanks for this piece of advice. God bless u.

Amen, hope to see you on my blog one of these days
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
chiboyo:
@MissTechy, I had same invite from one clown impersonating Prof Chinedu Nebo and I was also quite excited.

Wrote in similar Font style too... immediately he talked about Customs job, I never replied him again.

Very shameful I must admit!!

Lol
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
andyanders:

That is fraud.Good that someone like you was able to discover that. First the typing on Capslock is insulting.That was where the iddio===t sold himself/herself off.They can download any form of person's info and use. You should have played along so that you get the person and let the person forward you the account information and with that, we can track him down.

Lol I had no time for the person
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
ephi123:
Scammers everywhere, same reason I don't accept LinkedIn invites from anyone I don't know.
Thanks for sharing MissTechy, hopefully this will create awareness and people (particularly job seekers) will be on alert.

Yes oh,
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
code9:

Hahaha MissTechy. This is a pure scam and I can authenticate your story. This same scammer has approached me via LinkedIn with the exact same format and "caps lock". They used the name of the executive director Nigeria Ports Authority Engr. David Omonibeke David Kabokene. I am a tech spy but damn this guys are good. I have done everything to uncover this scam but it looked legit. No previous known scam alert of this type before on the internet.

I gave a benefit of doubt and called the recruitment officer yesterday and he asked me to send him my email and full name and that of the applicant whom I reffered to them. I did and since have not gotten any feedback. I was patiently waiting for any financial request from them or any irregularities to flag my red banner. But thank God you brought this up ASAP. I am on high alert and so should every other person be. The scam Is so clean for it to have gotten me at all. I can smell a scam from a mile, but this one... Thumbs up!

Lol I am glad I did, right on time!
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
yvesboss:

Professor Chinedu Nebo - Minister of power qccepted my invite on LinkedIn yesterday..Think our friends are at work.

Tnx misstechy...its an eye opener
I no fit lie...i was exicted wen i received the notification...chai..diarisGod ooo

Glad I could help
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by xynerise: 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
The idio't that keeps sending me Free shipping mail will hear from me soon
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by etomama(f): 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
The one that happened to me on facebk some weeks ago got me laughing seriously.

I saw a chat alert of a former colleague who hav never chatted wit m before. He started by asking where I was presently, I said ibadan, d nxt thing he typed was dat he is in a meeting at a very remote area of ibadan too I should please send N4k worth of recharge cards (etisalat)to him urgently he would repay me later.
I now asked him how he intended to repay me knowing fully well that he does nt know my place.
I now call d colleague's fone no. Only to find out dat his facebk acct has bn hacked and people hav bn calling him why he is soliciting for recharge cards on facebk.

2 Likes

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by kinibigdeal(m): 1:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
undecided
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by babandada: 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
I have similar experience which I patiently followed through to a point where the guy said the Secretary of the Custom Hr requires me to pay some money so that he forward the employment letter to me.I asked him how much should I send, he said I should mention amount I can afford.and he continued on how he also got his job that he sold his house to tip the secretary. then I asked him so how much are we talking about here, he said 200k. I said Oga I Dont have such huge cash now.after long bargaining I said I will send 50k but i need to inform my wife and he agreed.I told him to send the secretary bank details, he then sent this : Ekine Ja
mes 0063440387 Diamond Bank. after
seeing this , I replied with text msg that bros this na Igbo name now,, I taught you said the Secretary is Hausa and na woman, well no wahala I will confirm before paying sha.immediately, the guy called back saying no ooo the secretary is a guy and he is an Igbo man that himself is a Hausa man, I said no probs.
This happened on Friday, the guy was just disturbing me, I told him Oga no problem I will do it am presently busy, he said the secretary will be glad to do it that Friday, I instantly told him to do it and I will transfer the money even on weekend. on Saturday the guy called me again that I should transfer the money, I said why didn't the secretary do the letter on Friday but expecting me to send money on weekend when you first told me you guys Dont come on weekends that I should send the money fast on Friday. Oga don't worry I will wait till Monday.
On Monday morning,the guy called me and said I should send the money early morning so the secretary can do it before his boss will resume. Fortunately, my boss instructed me to travel that day to Lafia in Nasarawa state which I must go through Abuja. I called the guy that I think your office (NCS) is in abuja, he said yes now. I said okay no probs that am coming to abuja. When I got there, I called the guy that where is his office in abuja.The guy just changed voice straight saying the secretary is a busy man and can not see me. Then I told him can I also see you too or are you not in the office? he said it will be hard for him to se3 me because of his tight schedule.
I said Oga, you don't have any tight schedule at all.You that you always disturb me with calls now you are claiming busy. :DI have similar experience which I patiently followed through to a point where the guy said the Secretary of the Custom Hr requires me to pay some money so that he forward the employment letter to me.I asked him how much should I send, he said I should mention amount I can afford.and he continued on how he also got his job that he sold his house to tip the secretary. then I asked him so how much are we talking about here, he said 200k. I said Oga I Dont have such huge cash now.after long bargaining I said I will send 50k but i need to inform my wife and he agreed.I told him to send the secretary bank details, he then sent this : Ekine Ja
mes 0063440387 Diamond Bank. after
seeing this , I replied with text msg that bros this na Igbo name now,, I taught you said the Secretary is Hausa and na woman, well no wahala I will confirm before paying sha.immediately, the guy called back saying no ooo the secretary is a guy and he is an Igbo man that himself is a Hausa man, I said no probs.
This happened on Friday, the guy was just disturbing me, I told him Oga no problem I will do it am presently busy, he said the secretary will be glad to do it that Friday, I instantly told him to do it and I will transfer the money even on weekend. on Saturday the guy called me again that I should transfer the money, I said why didn't the secretary do the letter on Friday but expecting me to send money on weekend when you first told me you guys Dont come on weekends that I should send the money fast on Friday. Oga don't worry I will wait till Monday.
On Monday morning,the guy called me and said I should send the money early morning so the secretary can do it before his boss will resume. Fortunately, my boss instructed me to travel that day to Lafia in Nasarawa state which I must go through Abuja. I called the guy that I think your office (NCS) is in abuja, he said yes now. I said okay no probs that am coming to abuja. When I got there, I called the guy that where is his office in abuja.The guy just changed voice straight saying the secretary is a busy man and can not see me. Then I told him can I also see you too or are you not in the office? he said it will be hard for him to se3 me because of his tight schedule.
I said Oga, you don't have any tight schedule at all.You that you always disturb me with calls now you are claiming busy.I said if i can't see you then I will never pay any money to unknown person. chikena..... Since no call from the guy a gain

1 Like

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by kinibigdeal(m): 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
Kemmy210:
That is how one was chatting with me on Eskimi 2days before governorship election,that if APC shd win in both Oyo and Ogun state,DAT he will shortlist my name with those who will help them to produce shirt and cap,that I will buy 500dozens of shirts&caps,then print on them.He asked me to call him but I didn't but later called him the day APC were declared winners in the two states,to be sincere,I really fall for their trick if not God DAT used my mum to call me to oda.He gave me a woman's no,he said she will put me thru,I called her on Monday,two days after election.she said I shd come and meet her in the next one hour in Oyo state for form,she even made it real by firstly asking if I had work for them before,she introduced herself as the secretary to the chairman.the oda man knew I live in Lagos o,I told her DAT I won't be able to get to Oyo within an hour,she then suggest DAT I send #1500 to her acct no,acct name:Fayose Elizabeth for form, that she will send the form to my email.according to her,if chairman approve my form,I'll go to their place the next day to collect half of the contract money,I was already calculating my gain,just #50 per shirt,I.e #50*6000.it was my mum DAT discouraged me wen I told her DAT dey she give the contract to those who did it for the campaign.hmmm,both of them call, call&call .so so sorry for the long epistle.

Naija and free thing grin

1 Like

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by nsilordgmail(m): 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2015
Then probably d chat iv been chating wt Obama could be fake!
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by Kingbilo(m): 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
Eku Ewedor needed my 200k to clear her goods through customs lol.

1 Like

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by yvesboss(m): 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
LaurelP:
Mine was a supposed Nigerian musician living abroad.
I really frustrated d fool until he started using abusive words on himself, not me.

LOL...you should have requested for a demo

1 Like

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by peeta89(m): 2:26pm On Jun 24, 2015
The same way I was chatting with Pastor Adeboye's fake facebook account. But I was wise enough to know that Pastor Adeboye will not have that time to chat on facebook. Not knowing it was a scammer. The person in question asked me that what am I doing now. I said I am looking for a job and he said he has a job for me. I just laughed and called him a fool.

2 Likes

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by bestwashcleaner: 2:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
Miss Techy wow, will really love to work with you someday soon
Meanwhile please patronize Hary Building Concept. As the best awaits you with us. Thanks.

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by jmslimx(m): 2:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
Its fake, If you want i can do a due diligence on that account and also can reveal where the person is contacting you from... a guy messaged me too like that i warned him and asked him to check my profile and see ... i did tell him i will hack him and give his own Hard disk details to the Police.. he didnt come back again

1 Like

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
Nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin grin
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by Jonwesley(m): 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
I had a funny experience too, and it was Sanusi Lamido Sanusi the guy used. In my case, i was the one that sent a friend request on Facebook which was accepted within a week.
Then one day while i was on line, he posted on my chat wall, " how are you doing?", i replied "I'm good". He went on to say, he perceived i could be having financial challenges and as part of his philanthropy he could be of help. I played along but i knew it was gonna be a scam. He said he was traveling out of the country and that he will drop his PA phone contact for me to call her later. I called but the line was engaged, but it rang on her line. She now called me to know who called, and i told her. She said her boss had dropped my information with her, but that she require my account number. I sent an account to her. Following that she called me back that she has sent my cheque of N3m to my Bank and that they are demanding a charge which made her drop the cheque with them and that I should call my bank, or that they will call me. I refused to call any body and after awhile, I got a call with a voice that haphazardly manage to speak phonetically that got me laughing hysterically. There is a cheque for N3m dropped in favour of your account bla bla..... And we require processing clearing charges. They didn't know I was a banker and that was when I got them. How do U ask for charge from me when I never asked for any favour on the cheque, just send the cheque for clearing. After a protracted argument, I told them they can collect their charge after clearing and by direct debit. And they dropped the line. That was the end of their expedition. I went back to block that user of the name Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. Scammers are on the loose everywhere.

1 Like

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by sunmarouk(m): 3:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
Anyone in abuja that knows any car hire purchase should pls contact me on 08067055563. Am very much interested. Thanks
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by missGenius(f): 3:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
So, I saw this and almost cried cry cry Naija YYY Got an Invite from Hon. Justice Eberech Nyesom-wike (First Lady, Rivers), and I was over the moon until she asked about my work and family (I was like, she gat time for that shocked) then, she sent this to me. (screen shot), I knew something was off, and my bf and sister were like, oh you gotta try it (but me as a sharp lagos babe, If it is too good to be true, it probably is)

1 Like

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
octus2008:
please report the account as i have done same after your post,the more people that will report on Linkedin,it will be taken down

I DID THAT IMMEDIATELY I UNFOLLOWED "HER"
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
missGenius:
So, I saw this and almost cried cry cry Naija YYY Got an Invite from Hon. Justice Eberech Nyesom-wike (First Lady, Rivers), and I was over the moon until she asked about my work and family (I was like, she gat time for that shocked) then, she sent this to me. (screen shot), I knew something was off, and my bf and sister were like, oh you gotta try it (but me as a sharp lagos babe, If it is too good to be true, it probably is)

NDO

1 Like

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by callonme(m): 3:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
My blog loading........thanks a lot.
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by banffy: 3:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
I've received two of that before, one form Akinwunmi Adesina and the former deputy governor of lagos, Orelope Adefulire. I neva believe it for one sec.

1 Like

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by lukaino(m): 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
Even the comptroller of customs Dikko requested to be connected with me ob linkedin. I accepted and hours later i saw a message starting with 'HELLO MY DEAR' Are they this dumb? to think that a person as busy as the comptroller would have time for all these petty talks........ still beats me.

1 Like

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
linkend AVE turn somein else people using fake profile to scam people... GOD HELP US.. angry angrySUGARMUMMY AGENT IS IN LINKEND MANY RUBBISH ON LINKEND .. is turning linkend to sometin else..
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by 2dillu2(m): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
CrazyScientist:
Na so one coke fool 419 guy said I won 750, 000 but I have to send 3000 recharge card for processing! grin

I said okay, I'll send it in 5mins, when I no be fool! grin

Came back after eating only to see 9 MISSED CALLS!!! grin from coke promo man. Coke dey call person

I called back, he queried me that I was wasting time, I said he should get biro and pen... then he said I should proceed...

My Reply: USE THE #750, 000 and buy card grin
what did he said after your reply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Opinion: Top 10 Government Agencies To Work For / Npower Physical Verification Starts Officially On Tuesday 14th June To Saturday / E-recruiter MTN Graduate Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.