Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:42 PM

8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace (60965 Views)

Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock / Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation / 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Mogidi: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
dubylhover:
wow...spooky,i also heard that d oba does not see his 1st born whn he is born..hw true is that

You're right, it helps to stop the first born who is incidentally the heir apparent from killing his father and becoming king.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by uzo200(m): 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
great meanwhile, I told a friend of mine to upgrade his blog, that he is not qualified for AdSense, please check it out and tell him what you think about his lame blog. http://WWW.touchpapyrus.com
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by damiloladuke: 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
Thatz great
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by damiloladuke: 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
I love the Benin culture

READ THE FUNNY PERSONAL DIARY OF A JOBLESS NAIJA YOUTH
HERE

www.wenogetjob..com
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
Rich..
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Hollawaley(m): 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
Go away joor. I'll invite ISIS to the palace
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Otutu1(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
Deluded lot
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
vheMa:
Make I plant this tree 4 here sharp sharp cool

***digging it out with my shovel *** grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Orter(m): 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
If all i do is a taboo, why then do i have to visit such a place.
Na by force ne?
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by erico2k2(m): 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
Nice to know, for those of you condemning these rules, it would be nice for you to know that even the English has its own superstitious belief some of which you would be shocked.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by caslord(m): 7:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
Dem try small
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by mightyokwy(m): 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
obaataaokpaewu:
OBA ATAA OKPA EWU! Iseeeeeeee!!!!!!! cheesy
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Mordyb: 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
Is it true is not permitted to smile at anybody
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Maintech: 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
Wetin I wan go find there?

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
These rules also applies to Nze na Ozo title holders in Anambra. No whistling,pointing fingers,night visits,handshake,calling onye Nze by real name rather by title names like Nwakozor,Obienyi,Akunnia,Nwakibie and so.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
Lovely..traditions and belief like this are what makes Africa unique

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by david4comfort: 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
Only Jesus truely sets free.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Nicepoker(m): 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
Benin. Home of witches and wizards.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
DancingSkeleton:
***digging it out with my shovel *** grin
you no fit nagrin
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by mencade4: 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
hmmmm....god help us oo.

check my signature
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by writetopoker: 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
beauriful rubish

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Sijo01(f): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
Opening of umbrella is not only prohibited during festival. It is anytime, any day
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
vheMa:
you no fit nagrin
*** pegs a sign board , LAND FOR SALE !!! *** grin grin grin
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by DJEhimond(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
So far I can use the internet, then, abushe bushe
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by oloriooko(m): 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
[size=18pt]3000 deities in the palace with accompanying spirits?[/size]
shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
DancingSkeleton:
na maggot go lay eggs for DAT ur mouth angry
Well said...! no mind am
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
JohnnySarz:

Well said...! no mind am
cool
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
Nicepoker:
Benin. Home of witches and wizards.
Ok na.. na u we go chop tonight...
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Atlantian: 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
It appears to me, that traditions and taboos in Africa where designed out of ignorance, fear and illiteracy. But what baffles me is how educated people actually decide to respect and worship ignorant and illiterate traditions. You will even see a so called educated Benin indigene insulting others who dare challenge the barbaric and silly tradition. In 21 century, when other countries are getting rid of taboos that are discovered to be false, in Africa the reverse is the case. we have Obas and so called Kings that are custodians of these ancient instrument of ignorance and fear as a weapon of control and intimidation.

What do we call a person who tells others not to use umbrella when it rains, and he is the only one to use umbrella ?

What do you call a person who doesnt allow his wives (note 'wives') to embrace any other man, not even her own father and brother ? Is that not a mark that he is afraid that a more capable man can take his wives ?

When Africa is ready to accept knowledge and shun tradition and religion, we will invent something better than foo-foo and okro soup.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by tsdarkside(m): 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
Upnepaa:
What about farting undecided

hahahaha... grin grin grin..you funny...dont go find out ohhhh..... shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Beesluv: 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
PDP beware of point 3
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by AreaFada2: 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
If na Palace of Queen Elizabeth or Emperor of Japan now, you will see most people saying it's very good and high culture. But with the many kolomental people we have these days, anything African culture is superstition to them. Go to India and see what superstition means.

Hatred for African culture will never make you oyinbo, at best it will be brainwashed oyinbo's mental slave.

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare 5 Wives At His 2nd Coronation Anniversary / Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Lagos Resort (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.