Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace (61115 Views)

Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock / Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation / 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by amazingspiderma: 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
that's a long list,but how we translate it to naira. undecided undecided
Anyway where is this boy, Chinedu ! Print this page,make I keep record of the materials wey no dey move market for Benin.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by BiniShrine(m): 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
Proudly Bini.... I love my culture n tradition!!!
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by DICKtator: 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
What of those corporate executives that pay visits to the Oba's palace?
Or governors and their entourage?

You mean their protocol advisors always get it right?

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
I don't visit anywhere there are many dont's especially the traditional dont's to avoid doing one of the dont's and having to buy one transgendered cow for sacrifice.

The gods are known to demand the impossible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Nicepoker(m): 7:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
JohnnySarz:
Ok na.. na u we go chop tonight...
lol. Try am. My skin go rearrange ur dentition.
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by king92: 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
Pls can anybody furnish me wit how d Oba is pick cos a friend once told me dat d first child must be a male and he must not see his father(d Oba) cos he his going to be the next Oba and all Oba or aspiring Oba must not see dead body.
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Roydxemmy: 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
dubylhover:
wow...spooky,i also heard that d oba does not see his 1st born whn he is born..hw true is that
true
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by AreaFada2: 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2015
Atlantian:
It appears to me, that traditions and taboos in Africa where designed out of ignorance, fear and illiteracy. But what baffles me is how educated people actually decide to respect and worship ignorant and illiterate traditions.

You will even see a so called educated Benin indigene insulting others who dare challenge the barbaric and silly tradition.

In 21 century, when other countries are getting rid of taboos that are discovered to be false, in Africa the reverse is the case. we have Obas and so called Kings that are custodians of these ancient instrument of ignorance and fear as a weapon of control and intimidation.

What do we call a person who tells others not to use umbrella when it rains, and he is the only one to use umbrella ?

What do you call a person who doesnt allow his wives (note 'wives') to embrace any other man, not even her own father and brother ? Is that not a mark that he is afraid that a more capable man can take his wives ?

When Africa is ready to accept knowledge and shun tradition and religion, we will invent something better than foo-foo and okro soup.

So somebody resurrecting after three days is science & knowledge? An illiterate suddenly becoming a prolific writer of an influential religious book is scientific, bah?

A woman and her son driven into the desert and the well of Zamzam suddenly appearing from no where is a sound geological knowledge?

If they told you that one small girl in Ile-Ife 2000 year ago was made pregnant by God (no sex o) and delivered a devine baby boy, will you believe it?

It appears we are prepared to accept 100% any foreign superstition and condemn ours. Shame.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by dubylhover(m): 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
Mogidi:

You're right, it helps to stop the first born who is incidentally the heir apparent from killing his father and becoming king.

wow,is that benin throne so intoxicating that a son wud kill his pops?buh if d son isnt around,hw wud he learn d norms nd culture
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by scentmarlc(m): 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
chowlade:
similar to yoruba Oba's palace.
Yeah.
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by scentmarlc(m): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
Plenty rules abound......
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by scentmarlc(m): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
Upnepaa:
What about farting undecided

Habaaa
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Mogidi: 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
dubylhover:

wow,is that benin throne so intoxicating that a son wud kill his pops?buh if d son isnt around,hw wud he learn d norms nd culture

Just tradition, its been like that for centuries, can't see it being changed.
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by dubylhover(m): 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
Mogidi:

Just tradition, its been like that for centuries, can't see it being changed.

aiite tanx
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Atlantian: 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
AreaFada2:

So somebody resurrecting after three days is science & knowledge? An illiterate suddenly becoming a profilific writer of an influential religious book is scientific, bah? A woman and her son driven into the desert and the well of Zamzam suddenly appearing from no where is a sound geological knowledge? If they told you that one small girl in Ile-Ife 2000 yeare ago was made pregnant by God (no sex o) and delivered a devine baby boy, will you believe it?
It appears we are prepared to accept 100% any foreign superstion and condemn ours. Shame.
I am not a good Christian, neither do I believe in the silly story of immaculate birth. So stop defending your stupid traditions and assuming I am silly too. I am not a believer. what ever is provable is knowledge-based, anything that is fictitious connotes a belief system. I believe in nothing, what ever I know is not a belief. Belief is blind trust.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Upnepaa(m): 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
tsdarkside:

hahahaha... grin grin grin..you funny...dont go find out ohhhh..... shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by ruffDiamond: 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2015
angry angry I'm just short of word what all this rawbish The dude invented malaria vaccines? just juju sha is he more important than Thomas Edison Or even Tesla?? no wonder their govnor gomarry an underage mammy watermaid chai sometime I wish I weren't black?!!! all these primitive tradition ,to what end? Mitchewwwww

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
DancingSkeleton:
*** pegs a sign board , LAND FOR SALE !!! *** grin grin grin
you no go kill me wit lafta ogringringrin
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by AreaFada2: 7:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
Atlantian:
I am not a good Christian, neither do I believe in the silly story of immaculate birth. So stop defending your stupid traditions and assuming I am silly too. I am not a believer. what ever is provable is knowledge-based, anything that is fictitious connotes a belief system. I believe in nothing, what ever I know is not a belief. Belief is blind trust.

So believing in nothing now makes you feel superior to others?

Atheistic boko haram.

You're now omniscient to the point of knowing all. Are you not arrogating too much to yourself?

Clap for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Atlantian: 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
AreaFada2:

So believing in nothing now makes you feel superior to others?

Atheistic boko haram.

You're now omniscient to the point of knowing all. Are you not arrogating too much to yourself?

Clap for yourself.
tongue

Atheist ? Because I dont believe in Oba's rubbish and immaculate birth ? You suck.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by AreaFada2: 8:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
Atlantian:
tongue

Atheist ? Because I dont believe in Oba's rubbish and immaculate birth ? You suck.

You're really a kid. A badly brought up one for that matter, to e-insult people you don't even know.

People don't go very far with that. Not a curse but nemesis.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by martineverest(m): 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
Oba is palace-ridden,hence the phrase:'oba no dey go tranfer'.

Oba is not allowed to see the crown prince.oba ll never see his first son....its a taboo
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by handie(m): 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
DancingSkeleton:
na maggot go lay eggs for DAT ur mouth angry
After Dem don feast on. U abi? Ediot... U never go Libya?
Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by deeLima86(m): 8:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
obaataaokpaewu:
OBA ATAA OKPA EWU! Iseeeeeeee!!!!!!! cheesy
Hehehehehe!
Oba gha to kpere! Ise!!
Proudly Benin heritage.
cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by AreaFada2: 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
martineverest:
Oba is palace-ridden,hence the phrase:'oba no dey go tranfer'.

Oba is not allowed to see the crown prince.oba ll never see his first son....its a taboo

Lies from poorly informed people. Oba does see first son.

The dad of current Oba (Akenzua II) as crown prince was secretary to his own dad (Eweka II).

Prince Charles doesn't live in Buckingham palace, it doesn't mean he doesn't see Elizabeth II.

Crown prince lives in Edaiken palace at Uselu upon reaching maturity, doesn't mean he doesn't see his dad. Before maturity, he typically will live in the palace.

The current Oba read Law at Cambridge university and the current crown prince was Nigerian Ambassador to various countries in Europe.

These are highly educated and well-travelled people, who try to marry tradition with modernity.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by Atlantian: 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
AreaFada2:

You're really a kid. A badly brought up one for that matter, to e-insult people you don't even know.

People don't go very far with that. Not a curse but nemesis.
You are mad. The life you are dreaming to live, I lived it years ago and I believe you wont even make it here in a lifetime. What the Bleep do you mean by insulting people ? Who is insulting who ? An Oba that insults a whole benin people by telling them not to use umbrella under rain and sun, but he is the only to use ? Arant nonsense.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by AreaFada2: 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
Atlantian:
You are mad. The life you are dreaming to live, I lived it years ago and I believe you wont even make it here in a lifetime. What the Bleep do you mean by insulting people ? Who is insulting who ? An Oba that insults a whole benin people by telling them not to use umbrella under rain and sun, but he is the only to use ? Arant nonsense.

Hahahahahaha. You, an amoeba like you?

Now tell me what you have achieved in your miserable and wretched life.

A child your mum should have aborted to save us this nussance. Thunder fire your head a million times.

If you're brave tell me where you're and wait for me. You will be taken care of. See this bastard mofo.

Chai! I dey really vex.

Just tell me where you're if you are brave. BASTARD.

Don't swear and runaway like a bastard coward.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by ladyju(f): 8:28pm On Jun 24, 2015
What of breathing

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by AreaFada2: 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
Atlantian:

See this chicken. Chai, I don suffer.

Who the mess are you?

Do you know what life is? All those dirty girls you mess in darkness is what you call life?

I dey vex gan.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by AreaFada2: 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
Atlantian:

I dey boil.

You, a dirty lizard with a few mb to burn. Thunder use your blood and brain matter to paint the ground.

See the mofo.

Dare me and tell me where you're.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by AreaFada2: 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
Atlantian:

I'm waiting for you. Where the mess are you? Hiding behind your mummy's iro?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Visitors Are Forbidden To Do At Oba Of Benin Palace by delishpot: 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
Good to know.

But come o,

With all these rules yet people dey wonder why many Africans choose zo follow Jesus instead of all these juju with their plenty wahala.
Its as clear as day and night. No mater the juju, Benin no improve like paradise Thief still dey, kidnapping still dey, wicked people still dey. Abegi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years / Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished / Basic Ways To Promote And Preserve The Nigerian Culture And Tradition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.