Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545338 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 11:37pm On Jun 09, 2011
GboyegaD:

It is well. U surely will make it. Don't be surprised you will meet quite a number of Nigerians there in San Diego.

@ oyewoles are u a student of Cal state LA or UCLA?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 6:45am On Jun 10, 2011
imperiouxx:

I was blocked for some minutes for copy and paste directly my evaluation reports embarassed Well my GPA of 3.68/5 scale was evaluated to 3.29/4 scale.

Congratulations!!! I need †☺ speak with you,†☺ get certain facts on †ђε trancript evaluation as I ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ about †☺ D̶̲̥̅̊o mine soon.My yahoo messenger i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ same as my username here,pls add M̶̲̥̅ξ.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by niyivasaz(m): 7:31am On Jun 10, 2011
oyewolejos:

I live in Los Angeles and trust me there are loads of 9ja people in SD. It's a City by the sea so too much enjoyment moreover it's 2hrs drive from Los Angeles.
Hit me up when u get here. Goodluck
Thanks! I will surely do on arrival. Meanwhile, can I hav a lil' chat with you?

seedord247:

Even if you check Mars and Pluto you will Find Naija there.  grin grin grin grin
Thanks, bro

GboyegaD:

It is well. U surely will make it. Don't be surprised you will meet quite a number of Nigerians there in San Diego.
Thanks man!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 10:50am On Jun 10, 2011
phy:

@ oyewoles are u a student of Cal state LA or UCLA?

For now Cal State Northridge and later UCLA grin
niyivasaz:

Thanks! I will surely do on arrival. Meanwhile, can I hav a lil' chat with you?
Thanks, bro
Thanks man!

Sure drop your email for me through NL private msg and i will shoot u a mail. Can't drop my email here cos scammers no go let me rest.
I tire for NL scammers grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2011
oyewolejos:

For now Cal State Northridge and later UCLA grin

ok, i was in UCLA last week for their cultural show, but sch @ CSUF
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 5:33pm On Jun 10, 2011
Hello Guys,

I just booked my visa interview for 4th August in Lagos Consulate (that was the earliest date i got) but i really would love a July date.

Can anybody pls let me know when any free date pops up in July??

Would really appreciate it.

PS: Been following this thread. U guys are really doing a nice job here
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2011
guys i just sheduled an appointment 4 d 4 of august 2011,pls cnt i get a date 4 july anymore?cuz ma scool resumes on the 17 of august
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2011
chidalu we av to tlk abt dat day,cuz our interview is on the same day wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2011
Chi-Dalu:

Hello Guys,

I just booked my visa interview for 4th August in Lagos Consulate (that was the earliest date i got) but i really would love a July date.

Can anybody pls let me know when any free date pops up in July??

Would really appreciate it.

PS: Been following this thread. U guys are really doing a nice job here
Congrats Chi-Dalu for getting an appointment. I guess we are going for same or similar course,Its good to see you ve left the "Prep for GRE" thread to this place. Shoot me a mail on my dummy address (ghummer365 at gmail dot com)  and I shall reply you wif my  real mail acc.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Roland17(m): 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2011
@WARYZ
Thats not a problem, all you can do is contact your school admission counselor in the U.S, inform her, she would send u a new I-20 form for the next session, i would advise you to concentrate on the interview, because that is the most important, if you are denied once its very difficult, besides its summer time now, so the embassy would be really busy with interviews cos a lot of people want to come here, practice very well, because its not easy especially in Lagos, i am currently pursuing a masters degree in business administration in the U.S. its a wonderful place.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 9:51pm On Jun 10, 2011
Great! @ Waryz. 4th of August seems to be the earliest date now for Lagos. Ur school resumes on the 17th? shocked wow!, that's close. My school resumes in Sept. What interview time slot did u pick?

@myforumid, just sent u a mail
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
welcome chi-dalu and waryz. hope we all succeed.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emmysaint: 10:38am On Jun 11, 2011
Please, can someone here help me out with USA question and answers base on computer science. is my first time to apply, my booking date is 2nd August. i need general information and guide lines how the question will be like. Am really afraid to face interview, is my first time.

Anybody with vital information should send me an email to thurglife05 at yahoo dot com

hope to hear from you guys, thanks to all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 11:04am On Jun 11, 2011
@chidalu dat date is too late abi?omo me too am scared ooo dat i might get bounced at the embassy wat do u think i shld do?@every1 i av done the visa lottery 1nce,pls how many percent success am i gonna get on that day?. cry cry cry cry cry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 11:16am On Jun 11, 2011
every1 pls ooo i went to the us embassy website,and i am still seeing somfin abt the ds-157,ds-156 and ds-158,pls students are you sure i dont need this forms as a student,and as for those that have gone to the us already through the student visa process,pls did you fill this forms?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 1:09pm On Jun 11, 2011
waryz. you only need to fill in the ds 160 available at : https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by niyivasaz(m): 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2011
oyewolejos:

For now Cal State Northridge and later UCLA  grin
Sure drop your email for me through NL private msg and i will shoot u a mail. Can't drop my email here cos scammers no go let me rest.
I tire for NL scammers  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I think this NL Private messaging is not functioning, cos i tried bt, to no avail.
you can use my id here @yahoodotcom. I would surely reply with another mail add.
smiley smiley smiley.
Many thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 2:43pm On Jun 11, 2011
Emmysaint:

Please, can someone here help me out with USA question and answers base on computer science. is my first time to apply,  my booking date is 2nd August. i need general information and guide lines how the question will be like. Am really afraid to face interview, is my first time.

Anybody with vital information should send me an email to thurglife05 at yahoo dot com

hope to hear from you guys,  thanks to all.

Man, if you want to succeed in life, you have to face your demon. You get scared, you go back trying again. Be confident!

WARYZ:

@chidalu dat date is too late abi?omo me too am scared ooo dat i might get bounced at the embassy wat do u think i shld do?@every1 i av done the visa lottery 1nce,pls how many percent success am i gonna get on that day?. cry cry cry cry cry

Do you mean you have gone for an interview based on lottery before without success or what? If not that, I don't think you have any problem with that. Secondly, I have heard from someone here recently that he got his visa a day or so after his school resumed, so he has to wait till the next semester before resuming with the school. Search more into the thread.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 3:27pm On Jun 11, 2011
@house,

Bought my application fee in may, meaning that l have a year to use it before it expires. My question is, after booking an appointment, how many times can you re-schedule if it does not suite u, once, twice, twice or unlimited?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emmysaint: 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2011
But, i need more info just how the question may be like. i might go there and said to Mr consulate GOOD MORNING or he is the one to first greet me : Morning, than i will reply to the Consulate or first to see each other, please everybody give me what you have than i go on training on my own. i will like to say: my passport have a stamp of CANADA at the last page of my passport in braket (lagos) i don't know if the consulate will go the last page or they will ask me : have i apply to any country before. and some other things like that. I JUST WANT TO KNOW. PLEASE EVERY BODY. I will Talk soon and to be update what is going on.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2011
@Emmysaint,

you disturb yourself too much. Though, it is courteous you greet first and still consular may and may not give a Zap about your greetings, it depends on his/her mood. Still that means nothing.

What does the CANADA stamp as to do with USA visa here? Nothing man.

I can see that you haven't go through the thread from the beginning. There are more for you to know rather than waiting for someone to break everything down for you. Else, I'm afraid you will wait till the last day ooooo. Help yourself man or you be Aje-butter?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 7:02am On Jun 12, 2011
yes emmysaint, just read through all the pages and you will be shocked how knowledgeable you will become, unless of course you be ajebutter then you will have to pray that those nice guys come along and answer your questions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2011
@chidalu,i​ hav done the lottery b4 bt i​ did not win.i​ hav neva gone 4 an interview b4 IŊ ma life,so wat do U̶̲̥̅̊ think?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2011
WARYZ:

@chidalu,i​ hav done the lottery b4 bt i​ did not win.i​ hav neva gone 4 an interview b4 IŊ ma life,so wat do U̶̲̥̅̊ think?

Permit me to interrupt a little. You didn't win lottery means there could be problem with your student visa interview
So, me and many others that have applied for the visa lottery should not apply for student visa. That sounds like another mind disturber from your side.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2011
Nice thread u hav here,i really appreciate everyone who has made meaningful contribution to this thread. @ OjaP,abeg i don send a mail. Best of luck to everyone.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by williams20(m): 6:12am On Jun 13, 2011
Good morning guys
you are doing a great job
God bless you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 8:17am On Jun 13, 2011
You guys are really doing a great job here,abeg OjaP i sent you a mail.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2011
Good Afternoon,
Please I would like to know if it is possible to view one's SEVIS Form online if one has his/her SEVIS number pending the arrival of the I 20.
Thank you,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2011
@GboyegaD

Yes u can, its advisable u do so in tim because d appointment date at d embassy r closing up in tim. Just mail ur international admissions dept. of ur institution and request 4 ur servis number lettin den no ul want 2 book an appointment in tim at d embassy and it wil b sent 2u.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 6:02pm On Jun 13, 2011
imperiouxx:

Permit me to interrupt a little. You didn't win lottery means there could be problem with your student visa interview
So, me and many others that have applied for the visa lottery should not apply for student visa. That sounds like another mind disturber from your side.

@ imperiouxx i am vry sry to say dat bt i was jst askin a question,so do u mean i dont have to bother about the visa lottery issue?and am srry to pry into ur matters but have u also done the visa lottery b4?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 6:29pm On Jun 13, 2011
@nethacker

good that u can work and u not lazy wat kind of work do we have available for students , where do u stay and does your school alloow instalment on tuition ? am coming december , can i use my WAEC PRINTOUT ONLINE IF MY CERTIFICATE IS LOST , I MEAN THE HARD COPY CERT THAT CARRIES YOUR PICTURE . ADVISE ME
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 6:53pm On Jun 13, 2011
Hello House,

While trying to fill my DS 160 I got stuck when asked for my residence in the US. As of now I am yet to conclude my accommodation plans as the school does not have graduate housing and I am still trying to get a very comfortable place outside school. What do you suggest I do? Do I conclude on this before filling the application or can I use a temporary address in a state outside where my school is located.

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.