Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,910 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545306 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 11:47pm On Jun 18, 2011
To go for the interview at the USA embassy do i need to go with a WAEC scratch card to check my result online ? or that doesn't compulsory to go along with that ? please i need help about this information cause i heard that they usually ask for the scratch card to confirm online ?.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 8:15am On Jun 19, 2011
@Nairaland.

I am having a hard time getting an off campus housing in Louisiana.If anyone can link me up with someone i can share rooms with for this FALL admission please message me here with a contact.as my day to arrive is drawing so close and i need housing down.

I can pay on arrival. Location should be Lafayette or not too far from Pineville.

Please reply urgently.

Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 8:40am On Jun 19, 2011
fris:

@Nairaland.

I am having a hard time getting an off campus housing in Louisiana.If anyone can link me up with someone i can share rooms with for this FALL admission please message me here with a contact.as my day to arrive is drawing so close and i need housing down.

I can pay on arrival. Location should be Lafayette or not too far from Pineville.

Please reply urgently.

Thanks

Go to Craiglist or email your int'l student adviser about getting accomodation off-campus. I am so sure they have plans for that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 9:47am On Jun 19, 2011
Hello all,

Its nt funny anymore, l have been tryin 2 schedule an appointment without success. I even tried creating a new profile but its giveing me an error, help ppl.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 9:54am On Jun 19, 2011
syndikate:

Hello all,

Its nt funny anymore, l have been tryin 2 schedule an appointment without success. I even tried creating a new profile but its giveing me an error, help ppl.
Try to get in touch with the embassy directly and make your complaints known to them. check their website for the complaints email address. Hope you get things sorted out soon. Good luck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 9:56am On Jun 19, 2011
DonPedro 2:

I love this trend. You guys are great. I have neva seen any other trend in Nairaland more educative than this.
Guy pls. I need your help. What are my chances of getting an F1 Visa having my sponsor as mother's Brother (My Uncle) who is a US citizen. he is very very financial buoyant though we have different son names.
It does not matter who your sponsor is. Just make sure you present your case properly and truthfully and hopefully you'll secure a visa. Good luck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2011
To go for the interview at the USA embassy do i need to go with a WAEC scratch card to check my result online ? or that doesn't compulsory to go along with that ? please i need help about this information cause i heard that they usually ask for the scratch card to confirm online ?.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2011
@jamiu4real

They don't ask for scratch card if it is a WAEC laminated certificate of your passport on it.The one you get from your secondary school.

But if it's GCE. You can go with scratch card.Just pin the scratch card to the certificate.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 4:07pm On Jun 19, 2011
fris:

@jamiu4real

They don't ask for scratch card if it is a WAEC laminated certificate of your passport on it.The one you get from your secondary school.

But if it's GCE. You can go with scratch card.Just pin the scratch card to the certificate.

who told you they don't ask for scratch card . . . . . . the 1st thing the VO ask for before he start the interview his my waec details and also my scratch card . . . . .please my Guy you can't predict this people just go with your scratch card and all necessary document.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emmysaint: 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2011
Am online just to gain more knowledge on this very thread on how to face USA consular. please ppl more info on these thread, But ppl saying : the US consular know Nigeria as a lie ppl. i will like to no if it is true.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by BabaGiwa: 7:49pm On Jun 19, 2011
Emmysaint:

Am online just to gain more knowledge on this very thread on how to face USA consular. please ppl more info on these thread, But ppl saying : the US consular know Nigeria as a lie ppl. i will like to no if it is true.
I think you'll have enough info if you read through the thread, that is if you're not satisfied with the reply I gave in the last page. Well I once met with an American official who said that Nigerians lie a lot at the American embassy, although I condemned the stereotype and countered it, But how does that affect you if you're not intending to lie?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2011
BabaGiwa:

I think you'll have enough info if you read through the thread, that is if you're not satisfied with the reply I gave in the last page. Well I once met with an American official who said that Nigerians lie a lot at the American embassy, although I condemned the stereotype and countered it, But how does that affect you if you're not intending to lie?

help me as am ooooo. . . . . . Bcus i knew 80% of his Document are F**e
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 9:02am On Jun 20, 2011
@all,

My question stil remain dat as any1 booked an appointment in d last two weeks. Kindly let me no.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by g2db2do(m): 11:19am On Jun 20, 2011
Hello House, i have been following this thread for long and am happy to inform all those who have contributed positively to the thread that i am expecting my form I 20 for fall semester, is there anything i could do in the mean time or i have to wait till i get my I 20?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2011
pls can anyone help me am try to book another date for my interview after being denied and at the point of filing personal data page a message came up "exception occurred while performing update of contact information" i dont understand this can anyone help cos time is running out.thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 10:56pm On Jun 20, 2011
Hello everyone. I am happy to be on this thread. I need your advise. I filled the DS 160 but made a few mistakes - could not upload my digital photo. Now, I am thinking of filling another one. Is there any harm in this? Am a fall applicant and need to schedule an interview fast. Also, who knows of a way to pay the SEVIS fee apart from credit card which I do not have? Please answer.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 11:11pm On Jun 20, 2011
USBound:

Hello everyone. I am happy to be on this thread. I need your advise. I filled the DS 160 but made a few mistakes - could not upload my digital photo. Now, I am thinking of filling another one. Is there any harm in this? Am a fall applicant and need to schedule an interview fast. Also, who knows of a way to pay the SEVIS fee apart from credit card which I do not have? Please answer.

hi. i don't know much about filling out another form but you can call the embassy and make a complain or you could email them telling them the your situation. About the SEVIS fee, either you get someone in the USA to pay for you or you go to ECO bank at seme boarder to pay through western union. My advise for you is to go through the previous pages on this thread and you'll learn a lot about booking an appointment or paying for SEVIS. I wish you all the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by threnody: 12:45am On Jun 21, 2011
HI EVERYONE.

I graduated with a 2:2 in guidance & counselling from the University of lagos and would like to travel to the united states for my masters degree in human resource management or mba with concentration in HR. I will be through with my nysc by August or September dis year.

Question 1: Do i need to write GRE or GMAT?

Question 2: Do i need to write toefl.

Question 3: I would like to study in a school texas because my sister lives and work in texas. She's a citizen and would stand as my sponsor. Is it adviseable To apply to a school near where she lives.?

Question 4: Please suggest some very good schools in Springs, texas where i can apply.

conyactverified@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 4:39am On Jun 21, 2011
threnody:

HI EVERYONE.

I graduated with a 2:2 in guidance & counselling from the University of lagos and would like to travel to the united states for my masters degree in human resource management or mba with concentration in HR. I will be through with my nysc by August or September dis year.

Question 1: Do i need to write GRE or GMAT?

Question 2: Do i need to write toefl.

Question 3: I would like to study in a school texas because my sister lives and work in texas. She's a citizen and would stand as my sponsor. Is it adviseable To apply to a school near where she lives.?

Question 4: Please suggest some very good schools in Springs, texas where i can apply.

conyactverified@yahoo.com

Red flags in the eyes of the Consulars
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 5:42am On Jun 21, 2011
@ Abatt4naija - Thank you for the advise. I think I can fill out another DS 160. I think it is the confirmation page I give them that matters.

@ALL - I need advise on using corporate sponsorship with original bank statements. It is thesame corporate sponsorship statements that I sent to my school for my I-20. Now, what do I expect because reading through this thread, I see that it's best to use one's parents statements. My father's statement does not have enough money but it has been running very well in the last one year. My father works in the company I am using as the General Manager. What supporting documents do I need to prepare if I am using corporate sponsorship? Or, can I use my father's bank statement without enough money in it? Please reply.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by drid: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2011
Pls can anyone help me with the name of schools that still offers admission to international undergraduate applicants with WAEC only.Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gentlezik: 10:57am On Jun 21, 2011
Chi-Dalu:

Yes, u are correct. it's nice meeting someone headed same way. Have u recieved your i-20 yet?, have u booked for your interview?, let's keep in touch. Wats your e-mail addy?, let's talk offline
yea,it's really nice. hv received my i-20 n bookd 4 interview. gentlezik@yahoo.com, dats my email addy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 11:12am On Jun 21, 2011
drid:

Pls can anyone help me with the name of schools that still offers admission to international undergraduate applicants with WAEC only.Thanks.

www.stateuniversity.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2011
USBound:

can I use my father's bank statement without enough money in it? Please reply.
its advisable u go wid the corporate acct and letter of sponsorship frm the company to show they are to fund ur edu in the states and u can also make ur dad's acct a back up acct should in case u are asked by the consular.But do not be so excited to show ur dad's acct b4 the company's, my 2 cent!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2011
Seems most of us have our interviews coming up in July up to mid August. Nonetheless, I want to advise that we can always pop in to help those having issues with their applications.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2011
Congratulations to all nairalanders, a member got his visa just now at the abuja consulate!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shawonlese: 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2011
Shavel, that's great news. Please tell the member that we on hand for all his travel needs, ticketing etc etc.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shawonlese: 4:18pm On Jun 21, 2011
If anyone is having trouble paying the SEVIS Fee, We can assist with the SEVIS fee payment. You don't have to travel from wherever you are to go to the Ecobank at the Nigerian Border as was suggested on here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2011
BabaGiwa:

Asian woman or not, you don't have to be unnecessarily jittery and tensed. You sound like your wife is going to have a baby, lol. Anyway, You should get your documents ready and intact. Be confident; this is because your disposition matters and places you in a position to answer questions perspicuously. Try as much as possible not to lie. Those interviewing you are smart and well trained. If you lie, you might end up contradicting yourself. The following questions are possible:

What is your purpose of travelling to the US?

Name of your school?

Location of your school?

How many students are enrolled in your school?

How did you find out about the school?

Why did you choose the school?

Did you apply to any other school?

What is your intended field of study?

Why do you want to study such course?

Who's sponsoring you?

What does your sponsor do for a living?

Who are you going to live with in the US?

Do you have any family members in the US?

What courses are you going to take as a Computer Science major?

Note: They might ask you questions regarding the course,  so be prepared.

Why do you want to study in the US? Now this is one question you should answer intelligently. It usually is the last question they ask. Try answering with much conviction and say things that show you are coming back to Nigeria after your study. I hope this helps.

@waryz,  I think I know you. I'm also a Pol.Sci major. I'll b glad to help if you have any questions. Festac. Extension, right?
yup u are rite pls who are u,are u in nigeria or the u.s,and are u nicknamed lagbaja,pls i will like to know u vry well and i will like u to assist me vry mch,ma interview is on the 4th of august,wat do u tink?pls reply me,my email addy is wariz_kazeem@yahoo.com.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shawonlese: 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2011
Waryz,

You don't need anyone to school you on what to say.

If you are travelling for a genuine reason, your answers will come naturally. If not, then you will stammer. Simples wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:34pm On Jun 21, 2011
@waryz,

You are really F. U. C. K up man. It sounds you are not genuine about schooling in US. Drop this issue of ''I'm afraid, ''someone should help me out''. You've given enough here. You too should scroll to the first page and start helping yourself before it too late.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 9:53pm On Jun 21, 2011
USBound:

There is no harm in filling your DS160 more than once. I filled mine thrice, however i will advice you just save this time around till you are sure of everything. For the SEVIS, as a Nigerian you are not allowed to pay SEVIS fee even if you pay from the US the only alternative is WUMT. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.