Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,689 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545327 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 10:55pm On Jun 21, 2011
shavel:

Congratulations to all nairalanders, a member got his visa just now at the abuja consulate!!!

Wow, that's great! Who is the member?, Let him come & share his visa interview experience with us. Seems like visa testimonies have started rolling it.

I wish all those going fr theirs this week God's favour

@ Gentlezik, just sent u an email.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 11:24pm On Jun 21, 2011
shavel:

Congratulations to all nairalanders, a member got his visa just now at the abuja consulate!!!
Congrats to him/her.
Hey Shavel my friend, I hardly see you online again,
you know our dates to get our visa is getting closer, so come online make we yan and conclude prep together.
Success to us all.
Who's next?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emmysaint: 12:36am On Jun 22, 2011
congratulobia to nairalands member who got the yankee Visa ! ! ! my own appointment is 2nd of August, that means every body is going to get his visa through out this year. Good luck to everybody going this month and when coming out just drop us your testimony here make we they happy they go. Thanks to God for this new news.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 2:06am On Jun 22, 2011
people of nl, help me thank God o. I got my visa at the abuja consulate yesterday(21st), Just patiently waiting to go pick up my passport on thursday,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 3:07am On Jun 22, 2011
@ dizifrenzy: CONGRATS. How did the Interview go? Please share you experience, questions asked etc for the benefit of the house. Thanks.

@ ALL: Is there any provision for uploading a digital photo on the DS form? I am just about to schedule my interview. Hope it's not too late, i resume in september 21. has anyone scheduled in the last few days?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 3:09am On Jun 22, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

people of nl, help me thank God o. I got my visa at the abuja consulate yesterday(21st), Just patiently waiting to go pick up my passport on thursday,

Congrats. Please share your experience.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 4:12am On Jun 22, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

Your visa is already there, go pick it up as from 2pm today wednesday, 22nd, june!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 1WORLD1(m): 4:14am On Jun 22, 2011
GET YOUR SOUTH AMERICA 2 IN 1 VISA IN 3 WEEKS (BRAZIL & PARAGUAY

Comes with dynamic Spanish lessons.
Trip around Paraguay with a guided tour.
soccer training or any games of your choice.
Free accommodation in home stay
Free 3 Meals per day
Free Insurance Cover
Free Medical test (conducted in Nigeria)
Free Visa Fee (Brazil and Paraguay)

You will find additional information at http://www.learningisliving.ca
Should you wish to look at one of our online blogs, you can find it at - http://freetraveljunction..com/
Please feel free to call either our Canadian office or Nigerian office to discuss your interest.
Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:29am On Jun 22, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

people of nl, help me thank God o. I got my visa at the abuja consulate yesterday(21st),  Just patiently waiting to go pick up my passport on thursday, 
congrats deezy,i don dey wait say make u com share d testimony since, na when i no see u make me broadcast am o,@myforumid,i do com once in a while and when are u gonna b there?, GOODLUCK TO THOSE WHO ARE STILL GOING IN THIS MONTH OF JUNE!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by iamwhoiam(f): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

Congratulations!!!!!! come and share ur experience with us, GoodLuck to Us All, cheers!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2011
1 WORLD:

GET YOUR SOUTH AMERICA 2 IN 1 VISA IN 3 WEEKS (BRAZIL & PARAGUAY

Comes with dynamic Spanish lessons.
Trip around Paraguay with a guided tour.
soccer training or any games of your choice.
Free accommodation in home stay
Free 3 Meals per day
Free Insurance Cover
Free Medical test (conducted in Nigeria)
Free Visa Fee (Brazil and Paraguay)

You will find additional information at http://www.learningisliving.ca
Should you wish to look at one of our online blogs, you can find it at - http://freetraveljunction..com/
Please feel free to call either our Canadian office or Nigerian office to discuss your interest.
Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you.
this is not the appropriate thread for your post.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 10:29am On Jun 22, 2011
Hello, Great minds, I really need help on my applications to the embassy, My school resumes 21 of september, (CSUEASTBAY), And my interview date is August, (abuja).I am applying for masters Economics, i have my transcripts and other valid documents and international certificate course with USIP(united state institute for peace), Please i would like to know some other documents needed and how to prepare, please i need advice ASAP, And how is my chances of getting a visa without a GRE<GMAT<SAT OR TOEFL, i need prayers too,
thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2011
shawonlese:

Waryz,

You don't need anyone to school you on what to say.

If you are travelling for a genuine reason, your answers will come naturally. If not, then you will stammer. Simples wink
Please do u ve UK visa tracking experience? I have been there before.When i tracked my application at the time,i saw "OC in the inscan room",went for collection and saw visa on my passport.This last application took about 7working days to get ready but i never saw "OC in the inscan room" while scanning.Does this mean that i was given a visa or not? Please i need your advice.I am scared to go for collection.I need your reply.Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 11:17am On Jun 22, 2011
alright guys , here is the details of the interview,
i got there around past 10 cos i had a 10.00 appointment, but i got there late because i forgot my passport at home(na devil wan derail me o), so after i got there, i went through all the normal security checks, there were about 35 to 40 people there, most of them were families going to visit, after the checks, we went to anotheer building where we too fingerprints and our sevis fee payment was checked, then we had to go sit and wait for the interview, i saw the dreaded chinko woman therre o and i was silently praying not to be called to counter 6(her counter), so after waiting for about 1 hr plus(all 6 student visa applicants before me were denied), i was called to counter 9 and here is what went down

me: good afternoon sir
v.o: hello good afternoon, (didnt even look at me, kept typing at his computer)
v.o: can i have your passport and application forms pls
me: (gave him)
v.o: can i have your gre, gmat, toefl or anything you can show me that shows that you are a student
me: sir, the gre wasnt required for admission but i have my university transcript and waec result here sir
v.o: show me,
me:gave him my transcripts and result,
v.osadlooked at my transcripts for a while), then asked me, what is the chemical symbol for Lead
mesadwas so surprised but i remained composed), itsPb sir
v.o: okay, can you tell me that of silver
me: Ag sir
v.o: thats good, youre the first person to get that question since av been asking,
mesadthen i smiled at this point, he smiled too),
v.osadtypes for a while on his computer and then asked me, why did you choose the school
me:told him,
V.O: since av been asking that, youre the first person to give me a satisfactory answer,
at this point he returned my docs to me and gave me a brown tag, and said, your visa is approved sir, it will be ready in 2 days,
that is it o my people, all glory be to God
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 11:46am On Jun 22, 2011
nairaspace:

Your visa is already there, go pick it up as from 2pm today wednesday, 22nd, june!

please is this true, if i go today wednesday, will my visa be ready?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gentlezik: 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2011
Chi-Dalu:

Wow, that's great! Who is the member?, Let him come & share his visa interview experience with us. Seems like visa testimonies have started rolling it.

I wish all those going fr theirs this week God's favour

@ Gentlezik, just sent u an email.
chidalu, r u on bb? or lemme hav ur facebk profile name so we can talk beta
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 3:37pm On Jun 22, 2011
It is nice reading this page today. I just got my funding letter and indeed it was great. It is not $22/hour as sent in their earlier mail as the letter read $20/hour which is still favourable. I know God will surely favour us all. The excerpt of the mail is as seen below:

"On behalf of the Department of Economics at the University of North Texas, I am pleased to offer you a position as a Graduate Academic Assistant (AA) for the 2011-2012 academic year (Fall 2011 and Spring 2010). The criteria you must meet in order to qualify for this assistantship are as follows: (1.) you must file a degree plan during fall 2011; (2.) you must be enrolled as a full-time graduate student during fall 2011 and spring 2012 (nine graduate hours in each semester); (3.) you must make good progress on your degree plan in each semester; and (4.) you must not hold any other employment outside of the University.

This is an hourly position for no more than 20 hours per week at the hourly rate of $20.00 per hour. You will be expected to work during the entire fall and spring semesters, including finals week. Since this is an hourly position, health insurance is not included. However, this position will qualify you for in-state tuition. You will be paid two times a month and you will have to submit a time sheet in order to receive your paycheck. Your first paycheck should arrive on October 1st.

This AA position can be renewed for the 2012-2013 academic year, subject to the approval of the graduate advisor, as long as you meet all of the above-mentioned criteria and also remain in good academic standing and fulfill your AA duties and responsibilities satisfactorily during the 2011-2012 academic year."
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

alright guys , here is the details of the interview,
i got there around past 10 cos i had a 10.00 appointment, but i got there late because i forgot my passport at home(na devil wan derail me o), so after i got there, i went through all the normal security checks, there were about 35 to 40 people there, most of them were families going to visit, after the checks, we went to anotheer building where we too fingerprints and our sevis fee payment was checked, then we had to go sit and wait for the interview, i saw the dreaded chinko woman therre o and i was silently praying not to be called to counter 6(her counter), so after waiting for about 1 hr plus(all 6 student visa applicants before me were denied), i was called to counter 9 and here is what went down

me: good afternoon sir
v.o: hello good afternoon, (didnt even look at me, kept typing at his computer)
v.o: can i have your passport and application forms pls
me: (gave him)
v.o: can i have your gre, gmat, toefl or anything you can show me that shows that you are a student
me: sir, the gre wasnt required for admission but i have my university transcript and waec result here sir
v.o: show me,
me:gave him my transcripts and result,
v.osadlooked at my transcripts for a while), then asked me, what is the chemical symbol for Lead
mesadwas so surprised but i remained composed), itsPb sir
v.o: okay, can you tell me that of silver
me: Ag sir
v.o: thats good, youre the first person to get that question since av been asking,
mesadthen i smiled at this point, he smiled too),
v.osadtypes for a while on his computer and then asked me, why did you choose the school
me:told him,
V.O: since av been asking that, youre the first person to give me a satisfactory answer,
at this point he returned my docs to me and gave me a brown tag, and said, your visa is approved sir, it will be ready in 2 days,
that is it o my people, all glory be to God

CONGRATS ONCE again. what was the answer you gave him as to why did you choose this school? PLEASE SHARE IT. CHEERS.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shawonlese: 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2011
Congrats on you part.

When you get your visa, we are on hand to get you cheap flight tickets to Obamaville.
Simply call or bb
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 5:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
@ imperiouxx nd shawonlese nd evrybdy who i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ mad at M̶̲̅ε̲̣ 4 ma last post,am usin dis oppotunity to say am vry sry,i​ jst wntd to knw d guy cuz he said dat he knws M̶̲̅ε̲̣ nd knws where i​ liv,am hugely sorry.so now are we fine?i​ mean U̶̲̥̅̊ guys aint angry at M̶̲̅ε̲̣ anymore?pls U̶̲̥̅̊ guys shld rply.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wealthpos(f): 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2011
Call 08032796355 to get it done.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EHI2019: 10:34pm On Jun 22, 2011
I am a first timer and i must say kudos to all contributors. My Interview will be in 3 weeks time. The 13th of July. By the grace of God we shall succeed.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2011
Amen EHI 2019 we shall succsid
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 10:57pm On Jun 22, 2011
@ chidalu and every other person going to get his/her student visas by mid july and early august,i hope you guys are all gettin ready?cuz i am,and i know dat by the grace of ALLAH that i worship we shall all be grantd that thing that they issue at the embassy which is clld visa AMIN.pple pls help me say AMEN
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by BabaGiwa: 12:29am On Jun 23, 2011
WARYZ:

@ imperiouxx nd shawonlese nd evrybdy who i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ mad at M̶̲̅ε̲̣ 4 ma last post,am usin dis oppotunity to say am vry sry,i​ jst wntd to knw d guy cuz he said dat he knws M̶̲̅ε̲̣ nd knws where i​ liv,am hugely sorry.so now are we fine?i​ mean U̶̲̥̅̊ guys aint angry at M̶̲̅ε̲̣ anymore?pls U̶̲̥̅̊ guys shld rply.
You should know that I am not seeking any monetary reward in return for helping you. I only decided to chip in a few suggestions due to the fact that I seem to know you and I have also gone through the process, especially as a Political Science major, which is your intended major. I believe the main reason you are here is because you aren't 'all-knowing' and I don't see any reason why you should base your inquisition on the suggestions of a few people. They are right in advising you to go through the thread for more knowledge but they are also wrong in discouraging you from accepting help from someone who is willing to assist and ultimately limiting your scope. No offense meant to parties concerned. Anyway, I hope you come and share your good news with us after your interview wink. And congrats to the successful applicant cool.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 6:49am On Jun 23, 2011
GboyegaD:

It is nice reading this page today. I just got my funding letter and indeed it was great. It is not $22/hour as sent in their earlier mail as the letter read $20/hour which is still favourable. I know God will surely favour us all. The excerpt of the mail is as seen below:

"On behalf of the Department of Economics at the University of North Texas, I am pleased to offer you a position as a Graduate Academic Assistant (AA) for the 2011-2012 academic year (Fall 2011 and Spring 2010). The criteria you must meet in order to qualify for this assistantship are as follows: (1.) you must file a degree plan during fall 2011; (2.) you must be enrolled as a full-time graduate student during fall 2011 and spring 2012 (nine graduate hours in each semester); (3.) you must make good progress on your degree plan in each semester; and (4.) you must not hold any other employment outside of the University.

This is an hourly position for no more than 20 hours per week at the hourly rate of $20.00 per hou[/b]r. You will be expected to work during the entire fall and spring semesters, including finals week. Since this is an hourly position, health insurance is not included. [b]However, this position will qualify you for in-state tuition. You will be paid two times a month and you will have to submit a time sheet in order to receive your paycheck. Your first paycheck should arrive on October 1st.

This AA position can be renewed for the 2012-2013 academic year, subject to the approval of the graduate advisor, as long as you meet all of the above-mentioned criteria and also remain in good academic standing and fulfill your AA duties and responsibilities satisfactorily during the 2011-2012 academic year."
Thats a good deal. Lucky u. In this recession $20 per hour?
Which Church u dey go? grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2011
Hello, Great minds, I really need help on my applications to the embassy, My school resumes 21 of september, (CSUEASTBAY), And my interview date is August, (abuja).I am applying for masters Economics, i have my transcripts and other valid documents and international certificate course with USIP(united state institute for peace), Please i would like to know some other documents needed and how to prepare, please i need advice ASAP, And how is my chances of getting a visa without a GRE<GMAT<SAT OR TOEFL, i need prayers too,
thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2011
BabaGiwa:

You should know that I am not seeking any monetary reward in return for helping you. I only decided to chip in a few suggestions due to the fact that I seem to know you and I have also gone through the process, especially as a Political Science major, which is your intended major. I believe the main reason you are here is because you aren't 'all-knowing' and I don't see any reason why you should base your inquisition on the suggestions of a few people. They are right in advising you to go through the thread for more knowledge but they are also wrong in discouraging you from accepting help from someone who is willing to assist and ultimately limiting your scope. No offense meant to parties concerned. Anyway, I hope you come and share your good news with us after your interview wink. And congrats to the successful applicant cool.
i feel u guy, but i still want to know how u got to know who i am and who u are too.jst let me know.
2.wat kind of question where you asked at the embassy(cuz we have somtin in common which is the political science course we are both doing)and how did you answe does questions. wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by guydudu: 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2011
Hello All. My school resumes auguest 22 and i just got my 1-20. Do any one knws if i can get an interview date before my resumption? Please help out
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lilchukky: 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2011
pls how much is the sevis fee
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EHI2019: 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2011
@lilchukky sevis( Student and exchange visitors information system )fee is 200 dollars for students and 180 dollars for exchange visitors.
You must pay at least 3 business working days before your interview. for more info:
http://www.ice.gov/sevis/factsheet/090104_fs.htm
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EHI2019: 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2011
@guydudu Yeah sure u can but it's gonna be difficult at this time. You just have to keep checking for available dates. My  advice is that u check at unusual times of the day like midnight or early hours. Im sure u will be lucky to pick a date before your resumption][quote][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.