Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545332 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2011
please house i need advice and suggestions about GRE and TOEFL from anyone that has done it in the past. pls it is urgent. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fagin1982(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2011
Please can anyone help me with GRE Materials. I will be taking the exam anytime next month .I will be very glad and grateful
My e-mail add is obinaabana@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Debbiem: 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2011
williams20:

Hi guys, i applied to only one university and was admitted, will it be ok if i say 1 @d embassy
thanks great guys

Guy, please don't tell the VO you applied to only one school. It doesn't show your zeal to study in the US. Try and get like two other schools that offers your course and tell the VO u applied to those schools too.
Please note, there should be a common reason for choosing these schools (u may be asked this). These are just my thoughts.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Debbiem: 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
GboyegaD:

Pls dear people, I want to inquire if we still need to fill the DS-156, DS-157 and DS-158 forms anymore having filled the DS-160?

@ GboyegaD, your DS-160 suffices. You do not have to fill any other form be it DS-156,157, 158 or , DS 1 M grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2011
Am 30 nd jt got admtd 4 an undagrad prog. I hope my age wont be a problem at d embassy dou i ve got HND.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2011
guyz!!!,, to doz dat have filled d ds160. did u gys upload ur pix?? couldnt find d click to uploading pix. is it b4 sign nd submit?, it's not funny at all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

good people of nl. I wanna ask a que, directed especially to those who r in d u.s
while at the port of entry, do they check the contents of peoples laptops?.
Am asking this becos i read it somewhere that they could check the contents of laptops and if they find indecency or pirated software, it could be trouble. But lets face it, my laptop has no licensed software cos the windows 7 ultimate i installed was bought for N200, my microsoft office was bought for N150 and so on, Can anyone advise me or is there anyth to worry about??

There are uncountable software piracy sites online not naija sites ooooo. Like I'm download some pirated stuffs right now. So, they gonna ask me to put on my laptop?, Well, they will just need to crack my password in order to get it on. Else, we go just dey look each face grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Jamsmither: 10:40pm On Jun 30, 2011
Pls my bro,am reapplying again,i was denied B1 visa on 9th of dis month in abuja by dat china women,so av pay 4 another visa fee and what i need nw is scheduling 4 interview bt am aving prblm with d apptmt,pls can u help me out,the conference am going 4 is 23rd of july.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2011
Hi guyz, i got bounced again on tuesday at the lagos consulate without asking much questions frm me, well i bliv dats how God wants it to be, luck wasn't just on my side.i would like to knw if anyone got the idea on how to secure admissions into mexican universities in mexico city,as my dad doesn't want me to study within the poor educational system of nigeria.pls help!!, no stupid replies!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:59pm On Jun 30, 2011
shavel:

Hi guyz, i got bounced again on tuesday at the lagos consulate without asking much questions frm me, well i bliv dats how God wants it to be, luck wasn't just on my side.i would like to knw if anyone got the idea on how to secure admissions into mexican universities in mexico city,as my dad doesn't want me to study within the poor educational system of nigeria.pls help!!, no silly replies!!

Damn it!

Which type of school admission you took to the place? Hope it's university?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 12:13am On Jul 01, 2011
shavel:

Hi guyz, i got bounced again on tuesday at the lagos consulate without asking much questions frm me, well i bliv dats how God wants it to be, luck wasn't just on my side.i would like to knw if anyone got the idea on how to secure admissions into mexican universities in mexico city,as my dad doesn't want me to study within the poor educational system of nigeria.pls help!!, no silly replies!!

sorry about d denial. Maybe u should try canadian schools instead of mexican schools. I dont know if you are applying as a graduate or an undergrad but i promise you that canadian schools are as good as american schools. Also please post your interview so we can learn from your experience. Take heart.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 7:41am On Jul 01, 2011
osarodon:

WHAT IS THIS WORLD TURNING INTO?

@francis222 or whatever your name is
ls like you don't have anything doing, if you like be a member of BIG GOAT not only BIG FISH, this site is not for Fish is for good Nigerians, trying to have a sound education with their lives. I HOPE YOU SAW THE SUB HEADING OF THIS FORUM. PLS KINDLY TAKE YOUR BIG FISH TO THE FISH POND OK. Which kind nonsense b this one self
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 7:48am On Jul 01, 2011
gbaski2010:

Am 30 nd jt got admtd 4 an undagrad prog. I hope my age wont be a problem at d embassy dou i ve got HND.

brother you are good to go if you have a good reason to tell the VO and if you meet a nice VO, because if you meet that china woman hmmm i do not no what else to say. last yr a member that was 28yrs got his F1 visa he was married with a kid so package your self well and say the truth to that. Wishing you the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 7:58am On Jul 01, 2011
@house
A frnd of mine will be going for interview @abuja embassy, he has been denied 3times @abj embassy thou he has been using a college to present his case, now he has gotten a new choice by using a uni i-20 this time. i want to know people view on if the VO ask him why he is choose a uni to college. all the 3interview he went was with the same college but he was not favored. pls house help with your own  view of reply cos he is confuse @ the moment. He will soon join narialand. thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 7:59am On Jul 01, 2011
hi guys,
If your interview is coming up and u need help wit how to answer questns at the ambassy and visa training, pls feel free to add me on yahoo(dizyfrenzy@yahoo.com). Its free and am just doing my part to help. Am not a consular o, but based on all the research av done and my experience at the embassy when i went for my own interview, am sure i can help.
This is my own little way of contriburing to this thread.
Once again, am not doing this for money, its free and i will do everything to help you,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 8:11am On Jul 01, 2011
nwaoma009:

@house
A frnd of mine will be going for interview @abuja embassy, he has been denied 3times @abj embassy thou he has been using a college to present his case, now he has gotten a new choice by using a uni i-20 this time. i want to know people view on if the VO ask him why he is choose a uni to college. all the 3interview he went was with the same college but he was not favored. pls house help with your own  view of reply cos he is confuse @ the moment. He will soon join narialand. thanks  

to be honest wit you, its very unlikely that ur friend will be given a visa. This is his fourth attempt and the fact that he went wit a college I-20 the first three times and going wit a uni I-20 now is a big big red flag. Even if he has genuine intentions of going to study in the u.s, the v.o would see it as if the guy is desperate and just wants to enter the u.s by all means. Here's my candid advice, he shld jst be praying cos theres nothing impossible for God, But as far as humans are concerned,, his chances are way too slim.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 01, 2011
Abats4naija:

try canadian schools instead of mexican schools. I dont know if you are applying as a graduate or an undergrad.
its kinda hard to secure the cnd study permit frm the cnd deputy high in lag, the duration to make a decision concerning visas takes to long,maybe i should apply for spring with a new i20 from a uni
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2011
@shavel ok. I wish u all d best. Jst think well b4 u make ur next move.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2011
Pple am goin to seme to pay ma sevis fee on monday,pls wat are all the things i will need to take to the eco bank apart from ma sevis number and passport?or do i just need to go their and tll dem i wnt to pay sevis?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2011
next2_TX:

guyz!!!,, to doz dat have filled d ds160. did u gys upload your pix?? couldnt find d click to uploading pix. is it b4 sign nd submit?, it's not funny at all.  
@imperiouxx,@abat4naija,@dizifrenzy,@ odas, kindly respond.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 1:54pm On Jul 01, 2011
WARYZ:

Pple am goin to seme to pay ma sevis fee on monday,pls wat are all the things i will need to take to the eco bank apart from ma sevis number and passport?or do i just need to go their and tll dem i wnt to pay sevis?

ur passport nd ur I-20(not only d sevis number). open attached file.

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

to be honest wit you, its very unlikely that your friend will be given a visa. This is his fourth attempt and the fact that he went wit a college I-20 the first three times and going wit a uni I-20 now is a big big red flag. Even if he has genuine intentions of going to study in the u.s, the v.o would see it as if the guy is desperate and just wants to enter the u.s by all means. Here's my candid advice, he shld jst be praying cos theres nothing impossible for God,  But as far as humans are concerned,, his chances are way too slim.
[/quote]
[quote]
i dont fink so, college or UNI noting do u, all i kno is dat going 3times with d same outcome shows He hasnt really sat down to analyze d reasons 4 his denial b4 going bak.Dats wt he needs to do now,if and only if He is a genuine F1 seeker. U cant be doin d same thin all over nd over nd be xpecting different result(jus like my coach ARSE** WEN***) tongue angry.LUCK counts as wel. [color=#550000]lastly, upgrade your profile, if na MSC HE shld do it here in naija nd later-on apply 4 PhD.[/color]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 4:28pm On Jul 01, 2011
next2_TX:

@imperiouxx,@abat4naija,@dizifrenzy,@ odas, kindly respond.

i already answered your question but i ll answer you again, dont worry about uploading passport, all yo have to do is to go and snap passport, when u get to where u wanna snap the passport, tell them you wanna take 2 by 2 passport. they ll know it, thats what you need
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by williams20(m): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2011
Thanks debbie for your reply. God bless you.
peter_ogundele@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Jamsmither: 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2011
Trying to book 4 visa appointment and wen it get to personal data,start saying exception occuring while updating contact.pls any1 who can be of help on dis,dnt scard of dat china women,she denid my B1 visa and am going to get my visa bck thru her,if u kn dat ur field is engineering be prepare if u go to her window.pls reply to my questn.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 8:28am On Jul 02, 2011
i have discovered that the reason why theres a high rate of denial among people applying for student visas is that most of the people applying are not really credible students. they just wanna use the opportunity to get into the u.s and go and "hustle". some people go to the embassy for interview without knowing why they chose the school or even what their future career plans are, and most credible students who really wanna go there to study are denied in the process. please to all those going for interview any time soon, i ll advise that you do enough research so as not to be caught offguard when you get to the embassy. one guy got denied in abuja because the v.o asked him some of the courses he would be doing in first year and how many credits he would be taking, he started saying rubbish and the v.o just gave him back his documents. so if youre going for interview anytime soon, i suggest you should add that to your knowledge base, know some of the courses you would be doing in your first year, the number of credits you would be taking, including electives. you can get all this info from the website of your school,
and also, please,please, try and improve your spoken english, especially those going to abuja, the consular officers are quite particular about that. one girl that came there for interview made a statement "thats more better", when the v.o heard this, he asked, "what was your grade in english"(she was going for undergrad), she said D7, then the v.o asked "did you write toefl" and she said "no", and she was denied a visa. so please if our spoken english is bad, pls do all you can to improve it,, it ll really help
i wish all applicants best of luck o
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 8:41am On Jul 02, 2011
@dizyfrenzy, u r really a key 2 dis thread.Thank God 4 u! @house, pls,still put as my interview draws near.It's on wednesday n i'm in a severe preparation period.Where r dos who got there visa lately.I need more tips n more good news!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 10:07am On Jul 02, 2011
@Jamsmither

Am also havein d same issue for about a month and its really fraustratin. I can now view al my data except 4d page 4d dates which does not show. I heard 4rm an unconfirmed source dat its bcoa of a application payment dat it may tak a while or neva allow us dem and he advise me 2 pay anoda fee, hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EHI2019: 11:36am On Jul 02, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

i have discovered that the reason why theres a high rate of denial among people applying for student visas is that most of the people applying are not really credible students. they just wanna use the opportunity to get into the u.s and go and "hustle". some people go to the embassy for interview without knowing why they chose the school or even what their future career plans are,  and most credible students who really wanna go there to study are denied in the process. please to all those going for interview any time soon, i ll advise that you do enough research so as not to be caught offguard when you get to the embassy. one guy got denied in abuja because the v.o asked him some of the courses he would be doing in first year and how many credits he would be taking,  he started saying rubbish and the v.o just gave him back his documents. so if youre going for interview anytime soon, i suggest you should add that to your knowledge base,  know some of the courses you would be doing in your first year, the number of credits you would be taking, including electives. you can get all this info from the website of your school,
and also, please,please, try and improve your spoken english, especially those going to abuja,  the consular officers are quite particular about that. one girl that came there for interview made a statement "thats more better",  when the v.o heard this, he asked, "what was your grade in english"(she was going for undergrad),  she said D7,  then the v.o asked "did you write toefl" and she said "no",  and she was denied a visa. so please if our spoken english is bad, pls do all you can to improve it,, it ll really help
i wish all applicants best of luck o

Dizzy u r da bomb. I have noted your contributions with so much enthusiasm. Pls keep it up. Sorry been away for sometime, kinda busy. I hope we can hook up before my interview. where do you stay? I live in Abuja.  You asked for my stats so as to give me handy advice.
GRE 1250( V 590, Q 660 and 1300 (V 600 Q 700) (took it twice). TOEFL 105. I am yet to get my GRE scores since last year. My question, can i print the unofficial GRE and TOEFL scores online?

just to add to your advice,  ppl must at least know the location of their schools, if it a public or private school, at least 3 names of faculty members anything unique about the school. The idea is that you should be fully conscious of what/where you are going into.

For all those who have been given visas congrats o. We hope to be like you very soon. For those who were denied pls dnt forget to look at the big picture. Analyse the situation and watch out for pitfalls next time. Pls do not forget to post your visa interview experience whether you were successful or not at least you learnt from oda ppl's experience too.

A wise man Learns from other ppl's mistake, others learn from their own mistakes but fools do not learn even from their mistakes. I pray God gives us the wisdom and favour to be successful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.