Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545277 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
I agree with you to a length and totally disagree to an extent. Visa lottery without being confirmed winner is just like having your name in a pool of names. Once not picked, you got no record with them. It has nothing to do with your info on the DS160.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2011
djunit1:

I think any body can sponsor you. It doesn't matter if na Granny or grandpa. We have seen cases where in-laws sponsor people and they got their visas.

Something else could have triggered the denial. I am still among those people who believe applying for Visa lottery makes you an intending immigrant, and can ruin your chances for and F-1 any day. If you're lucky, the VO may not see that while interviewing you but if he does, that is good enough to deny you
once u hv not been selected in d visa lottery process, they dnt hv a way of knowing if u hv applied. yankee no get time grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 10:39pm On Aug 25, 2011
@WARYZ

hey guy, search yourself, Rethink very well on your first deniar, and also reconstruct your DS160, lastly, you have no good reason on why u choose  the school, bro, change it, forget about the VIsa lottery,, it can only affect you if you won and you were denied, Anybody can sponsor anybody, my friend sponsor himself and he still  got the visa, he has 12M in his account, you know what , he lies about his dad one thing and one thing,

Everything Na God's Luck, Pray very well on your next
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 2:47am On Aug 26, 2011
I'm still saying it, from what you said, something is wrong with your ds160.

Check your ds160 + have another reason as told - sentiment about applying for visa lottery = success next time you go. Shekena!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2011
now i av deferred my admission to spring 2012 admission ,i am thinking of going again by October/November,mayb i should take some time.wat do u think? sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yungnick: 1:05pm On Aug 26, 2011
@warz,i don't think you have any other fault if it did not result from your sponsor's statement Ơƒ account,it is being examined in contrast to the amount Ơƒ tuition and living expenses Ʊ are to cover up all through your and i think the first set Ơƒ the vo that your docs come before mark out the financial statues and ur eligibility to get a student visa, examine the letter Ʊ were giving to know y Ʊ were denied visa and try putting them together.
For the gal Ơƒ 17, Ʊ should know 80% Ơƒ gals always get us visa. And boyz 20%, it just takes the grace Ơƒ God.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2011
@all am so gratfull for responses.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 11:53pm On Aug 26, 2011
whats going on? this tread does not seem to be like it used to be again. i mean in terms of contributions.
are there no people still going for interviews again? please niralanders come back oo. as far as am concerned this tread has really helped me in prepareing for my visa interview. from the day i read it from the gongoaso posts and so on till date i have really gained alot from this tread and i have recommend it to many as well.

although i was denied visa sometime June 2011 at the Lagos consulate but i could still say i did not do bad at all during the interview all thanks to the post of house members who post their experience and i learnt from it. i was only denied due to the fact that i had no traveling experience by the lady on counter 1.i had along interview and my all my document was checked by the vo.it was 1 question followed by the other all these were not new to me at the time of the interview. so pls people of this tread come back we need contributions more from you all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:00am On Aug 27, 2011
^^^ mai guy, you no no say everything get season? You never study this thread well o. Most fall students are now in class, so you don't expect much until when another rush hour begins by Oct/Nov when spring students are going for their interview. So people no dey sleep at all ooo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mysterysng: 7:40am On Aug 27, 2011
Guys, let's not start another argument. I have applied for the USA visa lottery (mostly for the fun of it) for over 6 times, and my interview was less than 1 minute before I got the visa. I have a bro who is a perm residence in the USA and I wrote it in my DS 160 contrary to the 'redflag" many said it would be. The VO asked me and I said yes I have a bro who is a perm residence but he also noticed that my bro stays way far from my sch (abt 6 hrs flight) also, I went with just a letter of sponsorship (no account statement from my office) but I had accnt from my parents so technically, I was going to use 2 diff sponsors (which many of u have said is a red flag) still I got my Visa under 1 minute. Most importantly, the first 2 questions throw you in the path of a denial or an acceptance. I impressed the VO from the word go (cos my sch is like the 4 th best sch of Phealth in the US) and I hammered on that, Again, my interview was less than 1minute.

So whether u applied for lottery or not, it shouldn't affect your chances.

Also, one thing you people should know is: Anybody can say anything here. It might nt be exactly the way they said it when they were in front of the VO, infact except for some specifics, I can't remember verbatim, the exact thing I said when I was at the embassy. Lets not give unnecessary back and forth headache over these mundane issues.
Cheers!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 11:27am On Aug 27, 2011
@Mysteryng

because some red flags worked 4u, it does nt mean u shd start tellin odas 2 apply witout usin knowledge & understandin likely does & does. Am sure u must av leant 4rm d trend, leave it @dat & let odas tak or leave wat they read. Ur goin 2 interview, u say an organisation is ur sponsor ur nt goin wit statement, dats almost studpid, stop sharein dat here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2011
HOUSE! I need advice,pls. I was once denied in july and now i want 2 go 4 my 2nd interview in OCT,but the problem is dat:my sponsor has withdrawn 3/4 of the amount in his acc 4 international business purposes n will b through sometime in JAN. Since it is said dat an acc statii should b 6 months old,is it ok 2 go with d previous statii,printed in july? Is it still valid 4 use,cos i want 2 go 4 my second interview on OCT. Right now,my sponsors acc statii is not even up 2 a million.HOUSE! I need advice,pls. I was once denied in july and now i want 2 go 4 my 2nd interview in OCT,but the problem is dat:my sponsor has withdrawn 3/4 of the amount in his acc 4 international business purposes n will b through sometime in JAN. Since it is said dat an acc statii should b 6 months old,is it ok 2 go with d previous statii,printed in july? Is it still valid 4 use,cos i want 2 go 4 my second interview on OCT. Right now,my sponsors acc statii is not even up 2 a million.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2011
@cleverdude

Pls b clever abt it, am sure u no d answer 2 ur question, bt dere is no harm in askin. Don't try takin any of d above statement, its an immediate denial. Find anoda sponsor or oct. Is stil few weeks 4rm now, d acc. Might b sufficient by den.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:41pm On Aug 27, 2011
Irrespect of the number of figures that have pass through the account before, insufficient fund as at the time of interview = insufficient fund for schooling. Do the remaining calculations. Have you deferred your admission to spring?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2011
Syndikate,
Are you through with your registration now? Thank God I made the meeting at the nick of time.
My Graduate Progam Advisor don dey halla say I dey one week behind schedule imagine wey lecture just start. I am trying catching up sha.
Catch ya later.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2011
@GboyegaD,

I av done my check in as we'll as registration so am gud. Sch resumes on mon.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 10:31pm On Aug 27, 2011
Can i use august bank statement for interview early september
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 4:02am On Aug 28, 2011
@imperiouxx, I hav already deffered 2 spring!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 4:51am On Aug 28, 2011
@cleverdude, going with that statement is outright denial. (statements shouldn't be a prob if you know your way in lag (A city where any thing is possible but people resident in lag dont just see it, )
@my friend Gboyega, hope you get my offline msg about the phone thing.
@syndicate, where you @?
@Waryz, mysteryng was right about ur "1st 2 questions throw you in the path of denial or acceptance". Brainpower365 was right about ur poor answer to "why you chose the sch". Pls let ur answer be concise and convincing and based on just three things- "Great faculty, teaching and research facilities and your research interest or the sch's ranking". No need for all the Nollywood story of my aunt was was toured around the sch like osofia in london. Also, why wud ur sponsor for an undergrad prog of 4yrs be ur grandma?
@imperioux, na Phd you dey go for?
@mysteryng, when did u come to the States and is ur sch in tx cos I recall meeting someone in Houston intl Airport and I also know 3 9jirian friends doing MPH in JH, Harvard and TAMU!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 6:33am On Aug 28, 2011
myforumid3:

@cleverdude, going with that statement is outright denial. (statements shouldn't be a prob if you know your way in lag (A city where any thing is possible but people resident in lag dont just see it, )
@my friend Gboyega, hope you get my offline msg about the phone thing.
@syndicate, where you @?
@Waryz, mysteryng was right about your "1st 2 questions throw you in the path of denial or acceptance". Brainpower365 was right about your poor answer to "why you chose the sch". Pls let your answer be concise and convincing and based on just three things- "Great faculty, teaching and research facilities and your research interest or the sch's ranking". No need for all the Nollywood story of my aunt was was toured around the sch like osofia in london. Also, why wud your sponsor for an undergrad prog of 4yrs be your grandma?
@imperioux, na Phd you dey go for?
@mysteryng, when did u come to the States and is your sch in tx cos I recall meeting someone in Houston intl Airport and I also know 3 9jirian friends doing MPH in JH, Harvard and TAMU!

^^^ i tire ooo. Well, that was then sa. I wrote the HOD concerning MS degree I got on their site. He replied advising me going for their direct PhD without doing MS. Saying there many assistantship, it saves money, time and it's obtainable in states these days like that. I would have love to but I considered the other side of it -- VO. I fit take their offer after I finish mai 18 months MS sa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 9:49am On Aug 28, 2011
@Cleverdude: what they need to see is your final balance. It has to be sufficient.

@WARYZ: Try calming down. It's not by hustling. Pray a little. Then, put together your case, make it simple and valid. You are 19 years, you should get it. Really research your school, change your sponsor and post your case here for more advice until it's straightforward. All the best.

@Imperiouxx: Thanks for keeping the thread alive. I'm sure u'll get it. But how is VO the reason u changed from PhD to MS? I was also trying to go for PhD without MS but the schools i spoke to said it's only available to first class graduates from North America. If u don't mind, pls indicate your sch on my yahoo messenger. Thanks.

@ALL IN THE HOUSE: I greet una o!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by babsharon(m): 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2011
hello fellow nairaland lander
please i need to ask this question before apply to a skul, when submit a bank statement, am i going to submit a photocopy or original print from d bank?
Secondly how can i pay processing fees?
Also can someone send me a sample of letter of recommendation to my mail box, sheephybaba@hotmail.com
hope to hera frm you all soon
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yungnick: 12:24pm On Aug 28, 2011
@all, please i need to know how if booking an appointment online is the means Ʊ gyes get a date. Ʊ can't belive som1 took 50,000 from me to get a close date in my previous interview. Imperioux and Warz, i believe Ʊ got an answer for this question pls.

@clever, it would have been cool if Ʊ can borrow from some1 one just for the interview to increase Чuя chances Ơƒ smiling out Ơƒ d counter. Just try4 Чuя own sake. Bt remember with God, nothing seems impossible.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2011
@all-thanx 4 ur advise. Pls! Who in d house can den help me with a substantial acc statii?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2011
@yung nick- What d hell? R u serious? 50,000 naira cash?:O Sorry about dat dude.Dats d importance of coming 2 dis thread. If u had known dis thread b4 dat awful incident,u would hav saved urself 50,000 bucks. Scheduling n rescheduling appointments r things u do easily by urself online 4 FREE. Listen man,every step in gettin a US visa can b done by u. Dat is one thing dat's always being hammered in dis thread. Better shine ur eyes from now on! No wonder d bible says "MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE"@yung nick- What d hell? R u serious? 50,000 naira cash?:O Sorry about dat dude.Dats d importance of coming 2 dis thread. If u had known dis thread b4 dat awful incident,u would hav saved urself 50,000 bucks. Scheduling n rescheduling appointments r things u do easily by urself online 4 FREE. Listen man,every step in gettin a US visa can b done by u. Dat is one thing dat's always being hammered in dis thread. Better shine ur eyes from now on! No wonder d bible says "MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE"
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2011
@young nick: 50 GRAND? Men, that's terrible. From now on, ask all your questions here and do everything for yourself. It is not that hard. Sorry.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2011
USBound:

@Imperiouxx: Thanks for keeping the thread alive. I'm sure u'll get it. But how is VO the reason u changed from PhD to MS? I was also trying to go for PhD without MS but the schools i spoke to said it's only available to first class graduates from North America. If u don't mind, pls indicate your sch on my yahoo messenger. Thanks.

The reason is there in my third post in this thread.

newacca:

@imperiouxx,
I do not know much about studying Msc or Phd in the States,but you can go for Msc. you stand the chance of getting the visa. getting Msc. wont be problem and adding Ph.d to it will not be bad either. If I were you,I will pursue Msc. I will consider if I want to work else where apart from America. I prefer you go for Msc. then Phd l8er.

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2011
@yung nick,

The only way you get appointment is online. Pay your visa fee of N22,400 at any GTBank. Collect your reciept. Go to their site and help yourself.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2011
@House , can anyone tell me how many days the delivery of my transcript take as i have it sent out from my High School last week Monday by NIPOST and i just want to know how many days will it take for the delivery to the FL cause i need to send out other required document for my I-20 and admission letter.

Urgent response will be highly appreciated.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2011
@jamiu,

It depends on when NIPOST carries mails. They do dispatch mostly on tuesdays. Count from tuesday after you post it + 13 days.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2011
@cleverdude i can be of help in that aspect
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by damola1: 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2011
The embassy has rescheduled all appointments meant for tomorrow Aug. 29th, 2011. to another time, most likely due to the UN bombing.

Important Notice!
Both the U.S. Embassy in Abuja and the Consulate General in Lagos will be suspending visa operations for Monday, August 29th. All visa appointments that were scheduled for August 29th have been cancelled and will be reallocated over the following few weeks, giving priority to students. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.