Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,164 members, 7,807,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545477 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by classy013: 11:44am On Dec 07, 2011
U would have booked ur appointment in lagos. there r slots everyday for students
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bokolala: 11:46am On Dec 07, 2011
cophild:

Congrats bro, Pls share your experience

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries
« #10078 on: Today at 11:38:04 AM »
Modify message
hello house, i am a spring applicant av been trying to register on this forum for long,thank GOD am here.please house help me, my school resumes 3rd of January and i cudnt get any date i Abuja until January.now i have decided to go for ED and i have booked 25th of January, now my question is that, do i have any opportunity to have a day of my choice, i mean choose a day for my self because i will like to show for interview between 15th and 20th of December. pls house i want to be rest assure before i request for ED so that they dont give me any date.i still need about two days to arrange all my credentials.pls hose help,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TranceD: 11:48am On Dec 07, 2011
@bokolala: if your ED request is granted,a number of date will be made available to you and you can make your choice. No need to worry.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bokolala: 11:48am On Dec 07, 2011
but can i  cancel abuja date and choose lagos now?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bokolala: 11:52am On Dec 07, 2011
i mean, can i still cancel the abuja date and book for appointment in lagos?pls
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TranceD: 11:53am On Dec 07, 2011
@bokolala: U'll be granted dates for Abuja 'cos that's the centre that was selected when you made your ED request. Why Lagos?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by classy013: 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2011
just wait for Abuja dates
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cophild: 12:25pm On Dec 07, 2011
@bookola, If u Ve not applied for any form of ED, D ans is yes u can cancel ur abj date and choose a Lagos date, Bu Mk sure all ur forms I mean evritin is stated as Lagos
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2011
pl i need sum1 to me thru. I graduate wit 3.08/5.0 and on d skool site they said d requirement is 3.0/4.0 pl i need sum1 to help me to convert my gpa to usa standard also does it mean those who hav lesser gpa cant apply? I need ur response house. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bokolala: 2:06pm On Dec 07, 2011
thank you house, i just cancel abuja date, searching available date in lag
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webstradamus: 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2011
webstradamus:

I got it!!! It was surely the Lord's doing. Details to come when I return to the office.

[b]I ended up spending the whole day at the airport no thanks to Aero angry, I got back to base a lil after midnite but the joy of my interview overwhelmed all the frustration Aero wanted to put me through. Anyways here's how my interview went at the Abuja embassy:

After all the normal fingerprinting and stuffs, we sat down on the queue waiting to be interviewed. I observed there were 4 VO's and cubicle 7 was the cubicle to avoid  grin (she is the new "chinko" and was denying everyone and impatiently too). I secretly prayed against getting her but God refused my prayer cos He had already placed my Visa in her hands.

VO: Pass me your documents.

Me: (Passed my travel documents, educational documents and financial documents)

VO: (Picks up my passport and looking into my I20) Why did you choose to study IT at Minnesota State University Mankato? (she seemed to have a problem pronouncing "Mankato" so I corrected her and told her the correct pronunciation).

Me: I chose MSU Mankato because their MS IT program has a flexible, practical-oriented curriculum designed to address and proffer cutting edge solutions to the ICT needs of businesses and organizations which suits me perfectly as a working professional. The curriculum allows a perfect blend of my major interests: Software, Networking, and Databases. Moreover, my present job requires expertise in these areas which means I will be able to immediately apply the skills acquired during the program on my return to Nigeria.

VO: What do you do?

Me: I work as a Systems Analyst at the University of XXXXX. I manage and maintain web projects, servers, email and elearning systems.

VO: What are your plans after graduation?

Me: I'll have to return immediately to my job as I'll be on a study leave throughout my program duration. I'll also have to work with my present employer for at least 2 years after my program which is a condition for granting the leave. In the not-too-distant future, I intend to start up my own IT consulting firm.

VO: Your visa is approved. Take this form ,  bla bla bla (I no hear the rest cos of happiness).
Me: Thank you (forming calmness) grin

Note that she didn't check any other document apart from my passport and I-20. No questions about finances/sponsor, transcripts, GRE/TOEFL (which I didn't even have). Looking back now, I know it was just God's favour. People were shocked she finally gave someone but them no know say na Baba God sign am. Special thanks to Square65 for putting me on my toes with the mock interview and also for your prayers and encouragement. Also want to thank imperiouxx for always willing to share ideas and perspectives. The Lord who did mine will favour you also. Many thanks to all who have contributed to this thread in one way or the other, your contributions helped a great deal in building my confidence!!!
[/b]

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2011
webstradamus:

[b]I ended up spending the whole day at the airport no thanks to Aero angry, I got back to base a lil after midnite but the joy of my interview overwhelmed all the frustration Aero wanted to put me through. Anyways here's how my interview went at the Abuja embassy:

After all the normal fingerprinting and stuffs, we sat down on the queue waiting to be interviewed. I observed there were 4 VO's and cubicle 7 was the cubicle to avoid  grin (she is the new "chinko" and was denying everyone and impatiently too). I secretly prayed against getting her but God refused my prayer cos He had already placed my Visa in her hands.

VO: Pass me your documents.

Me: (Passed my travel documents, educational documents and financial documents)

VO: (Picks up my passport and looking into my I20) Why did you choose to study IT at Minnesota State University Mankato? (she seemed to have a problem pronouncing "Mankato" so I corrected her and told her the correct pronunciation).

Me: I chose MSU Mankato because their MS IT program has a flexible, practical-oriented curriculum designed to address and proffer cutting edge solutions to the ICT needs of businesses and organizations which suits me perfectly as a working professional. The curriculum allows a perfect blend of my major interests: Software, Networking, and Databases. Moreover, my present job requires expertise in these areas which means I will be able to immediately apply the skills acquired during the program on my return to Nigeria.

VO: What do you do?

Me: I work as a Systems Analyst at the University of XXXXX. I manage and maintain web projects, servers, email and elearning systems.

VO: What are your plans after graduation?

Me: I'll have to return immediately to my job as I'll be on a study leave throughout my program duration. I'll also have to work with my present employer for at least 2 years after my program which is a condition for granting the leave. In the not-too-distant future, I intend to start up my own IT consulting firm.

VO: Your visa is approved. Take this form ,  bla bla bla (I no hear the rest cos of happiness).
Me: Thank you (forming calmness) grin

Note that she didn't check any other document apart from my passport and I-20. No questions about finances/sponsor, transcripts, GRE/TOEFL (which I didn't even have). Looking back now, I know it was just God's favour. People were shocked she finally gave someone but them no know say na Baba God sign am. Special thanks to Square65 for putting me on my toes with the mock interview and also for your prayers and encouragement. Also want to thank imperiouxx for always willing to share ideas and perspectives. The Lord who did mine will favour you also. Many thanks to all who have contributed to this thread in one way or the other, your contributions helped a great deal in building my confidence!!!
[/b]

Oga Web, u don talk am finish, na Baba God!

Congratulations once again. D immediate thing to do now is to search for flight o. Don't end up paying through your nose.

I just finalized my booking with Qatar Airways (thru wakanow.com), leaving on d 18th of dis mth. to spend 23hrs in transit! God dey.

Good news still counting . . . next!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webstradamus: 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2011
I already started searching for flights before my interview  grin Found a good deal through wakanow (Royal Air Maroc) but the date is kinda earlier than my intended travel date. I'm also yet to conclude housing arrangement. Hopefully I should have things sorted out before the end of the week.

23hrs in transit? Mehn, i no envy u oh! What's your route like? Am doing LOS-CMN-JFK-MSP

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cophild: 4:47pm On Dec 07, 2011
@Web, Congrats once again, Dis is indeed d Lords doing
@Square u shld Ve checked Turkish airline na, 23hrs plenty o, Connecting time for 1 of d Turkish airlines is jst like 1h 45mins and d diff in price WI qatar is jst 15k or so,

@Web, do u think d dressing thing helped d matter a bit, Jst curious
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2011
my bad,

Total travel time = 23hrs

wait-in-transit = 9hrs 5mins
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webstradamus: 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2011
cophild:

@Web, Congrats once again, Dis is indeed d Lords doing
@Square u shld Ve checked Turkish airline na, 23hrs plenty o, Connecting time for 1 of d Turkish airlines is jst like 1h 45mins and d diff in price WI qatar is jst 15k or so,

@Web, do u think d dressing thing helped d matter a bit, Jst curious

Dressing ke, na God do every oh. I no sure say she look that side. One thing i realized though is that your first minute counts alot. Start confidently and always have something to say about any question. But most importantly let God go before you because:

The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes. (Proverbs 21:1, NKJV)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Pheusure: 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2011
We help interested people to procure both study and visit visa to any location of their choice.
We also help in funding of account for visa purposes!!!
You can reach me on 08035374484 or 07087918174,or send me an email on balogun.dare@gmail.com
for more enquires.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 11:27pm On Dec 07, 2011
@phuesure or wat ujr name is

Forget what u are talking abt , go to whereever u helping poeple into ok , Go loves to u too
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cophild: 11:55pm On Dec 07, 2011
@Web we all knw say na BabaGod do evri, Wen I say dressing I jst wanted to knw if it affected Ur reception @ d embassy positively or negatively
Cheers bro!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mysterysng: 2:11am On Dec 08, 2011
Dressing ke, na God do every oh. I no sure say she look that side. One thing i realized though is that your first minute counts alot. Start confidently and always have something to say about any question. But most importantly let God go before you because:

Hey Congrats!

looking at the bolded text from your quote, I think I once mentioned it here that the first 1 minute goes a long way to determine if you will be issued a visa and someone practically insulted me to shut up. Put yourself in the VO's shoes, you are interviewing a whole lot of people and some of these people are damn FRUSTRATING!!!!, You want to dismiss the person in front of you as early as possible so the first few words that come out of the person's mouth matter a lot. Another point worthy of note from this interview is , you hit a 12 feet long nail on the fact that you are coming back to Nigeria(even if you do not, lol). I admire smart guys like you. You seem to know what you are doing.

Guys, I believe in God, I believe favour got me my Visa as I was the first to be issued after 15 people denied that day but at the same time, it's important that we really know what we are doing when we go for interviews. Imagine when people ask " what should I say when asked why I chose my school", seriously, Don't you know the reason for applying to your school? Or someone who does not know what ranking his school is or the website through which to access school rankings? Forget about if you have traveled before or not, your dress code, the VO was in a bad mood e.t.c, pull out your strongest points, office affiliations, societal affiliations, your accomplishments, school rankings, e.t.c

I am not trying to sound all miss perfect here and I really enjoy posts (especially success stories) from this forum but at the same time, let us try impress too!

I really wish those going for interviews in the next couple of days good luck.
Happy holidays y'all.

P.S: Hmm, I am going to advertise for emirates here , lol, those guys I think have the best services ever at very affordable prices!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 4:17am On Dec 08, 2011
i think its better to go study MS in the Usa rather wasting time on undergrduate , people what u think i think unergraduate has got slim chances of acquiring visas
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 7:36am On Dec 08, 2011
rowlandoo:

i think its better to go study MS in the Usa rather wasting time on undergrduate , people what u think i think unergraduate has got slim chances of acquiring visas

Rowland, the greatest defeat is the one from self. I do not think it is good for you to continue with this mindset as it could do you more harm than good.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 8:02am On Dec 08, 2011
mysterysng:

Hey Congrats!

looking at the bolded text from your quote, I think I once mentioned it here that the first 1 minute goes a long way to determine if you will be issued a visa and someone practically insulted me to shut up. Put yourself in the VO's shoes, you are interviewing a whole lot of people and some of these people are damn FRUSTRATING!!!!, You want to dismiss the person in front of you as early as possible so the first few words that come out of the person's mouth matter a lot. Another point worthy of note from this interview is , you hit a 12 feet long nail on the fact that you are coming back to Nigeria(even if you do not, lol). I admire smart guys like you. You seem to know what you are doing.

Guys, I believe in God, I believe favour got me my Visa as I was the first to be issued after 15 people denied that day but at the same time, it's important that we really know what we are doing when we go for interviews. Imagine when people ask " what should I say when asked why I chose my school", seriously, Don't you know the reason for applying to your school? Or someone who does not know what ranking his school is or the website through which to access school rankings? Forget about if you have traveled before or not, your dress code, the VO was in a bad mood e.t.c, pull out your strongest points, office affiliations, societal affiliations, your accomplishments, school rankings, e.t.c

I am not trying to sound all miss perfect here and I really enjoy posts (especially success stories) from this forum but at the same time, let us try impress too!

I really wish those going for interviews in the next couple of days good luck.
Happy holidays y'all.

P.S: Hmm, I am going to advertise for emirates here , lol, those guys I think have the best services ever at very affordable prices!
+1
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 10:38am On Dec 08, 2011
hello guys.

My brother was denied on saturday. Though he was able to print the online sevis receipt. He had his interview in abj. Except.

VO: You have travel for a J1 program before can u tell me your experience
Ans: explain the benefits of the program in details

VO: You are applying to so so school
Ans: yes

VO: how do you get information about the sch
Ans: through online research.

VO: am sorry am denying you visa at this time.

The interview didnt last up to a min. It was a new young lady that interview him on saturday in abuja.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 11:51am On Dec 08, 2011
keneyinks:

hello guys.

My brother was denied on saturday. Though he was able to print the online sevis receipt. He had his interview in abj. Except.

The interview didnt last up to a min. It was a new young lady that interview him on saturday in abuja.

You've made it almost impossible for us (or only me?) to make contributions.

Your brother's response (in bold) has hidden a lot of things where, most probably, we could have made some comments about.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by classy013: 11:59am On Dec 08, 2011
webstradamus, thx 4 sharing ur info.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2011
keneyinks:

hello guys.

You've made it almost impossible for us (or only me?) to make contributions.

Your brother's response (in bold) has hidden a lot of things where, most probably, we could have made some comments about.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bokolala: 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2011
Plezse house im in a serious situation hre, my school resumes on 3rd of january,the earliest date i got and schedule is 20th,now i have apply for emergency date twice and i hve been denied at the two instances.plz what do i do house, plz heppp
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bokolala: 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2011
Plz house hep me oo, i av been having sleepless night on this date stuff, plz hep me out
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 10:00pm On Dec 08, 2011
@gboyega

How do you mean , what kind of mindset
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2011
rowlandoo:

@gboyega

How do you mean , what kind of mindset

You are not decisive on what you want and you are easily tossed. You allow everything bother you and it isnt good for you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 6:45am On Dec 09, 2011
@gboyegad

i understand you , i am decisive and more than decisive ever seen becaue you know i my major course is only been offered by jut one private univeristy here in nigeria and i have got substantial reason to go do it in the usa .

thanks i appreciate ,you got your Visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.