Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. (44643 Views)

My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It / My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by larrymoore(m): 10:38pm On Jun 24, 2015
Have no fear! What belongs to son is of father.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by stanvesco(m): 10:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
Freest:
I happened to be in a relationship and for the first time i asked my girl to come meet my parents since we started getting serious and next year i have plans to get married to her. she met my parents three weeks ago and stayed in our family house for about a week before going back. Since then my Dad calls her like every day just to check up on her. This is beginning to get me worried as it is unusual of my Dad. FYI my Dad is a clergy man and very disciplined hence i know nothing is wrong negatively. But my concern is that the man is taking the relationship more serious than even me in the relationship. Am concerned and my girl is so excited about it. I had plans to talk to my dad but don't know if it is right. I feel my dad is making this girl feel supercool and am not comfortable with that. Please i need candid advice!!!

#Freest#

u no ur dad well,and ur lady well....
However shit happen!
Is ur mum alive?
My advise; ur dad may want to find out if u guys r staying 2gda(disciplinarian in him)
he may want to make d lady feel at home(the clergyman)
however if at any point the edo man in him surface.....broda kary ur woman n run oh,she may nöt even nö wen she fall in love,especially if ur mum aint around.

Just gv ur dad sumtym,he will reduce d calls.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by sirnature: 10:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
Re u d only male child or the first male child of his,if u fall into any of this category,den I feel d old man is jst excited ,since Ds is gona be his first daughter inlaw,

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by ekiloui(f): 10:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
Op

I doubt u really want to marry this gf, instead of being happy that your fam accepted her, u're here crying about too much attention.

Truth is you probably want to be serious with your gf but not serious enough to get married to her, as far as I and many ladies know, meeting mummy and daddy and gaining their affection doesn't necessarily mean the deal is sealed.

Just chill, if u indeed have good intentions

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by princessmummy(f): 10:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
your dad might be trying to know how cheap your girl is..... you put your ear on the ground and watch there conversation....may be if your girl is the that like sugar daddy..
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 24, 2015
He dey call am in front of u? If No, #in_timaya's_voice uuuuuku
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by stanisbaratheon: 10:42pm On Jun 24, 2015
OkunrinMeta:

My advise, just relax. It should be funny to you na, since you are sure your dad is never going to try anything, just relax, i dont see any big deal, i would be making fun out of it in my own way if i were you. I think your dad is one of the special ones

special one ke. Is his dad Mourinho??
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by princessmummy(f): 10:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
your dad might be trying to know how cheap your girl is..... you put your ear on the ground and watch there conversation....may be if your girl is the type that like sugar daddy..
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
Yes your dad is making her feel supercool and too important although I think he's just very exited....i however think you should talk to your dad, he needs to cut down on the calls...i've seen this before,the girl gets too comfy since "his daddy has got my back" and starts to misbehave after marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by scentmarlc(m): 10:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
vizkiz:
I think your dad wants some wink
E still dey body! cheesy
Abeg leave the old man alone let him have fun a little.

I think something went down during that period she came visiting... I smell something fishy undecided

By the way, I have a feeling pop man use to do all these small girl in those campus at night!

Abeg na Joke oh, before them kidnap me for here! grin

Vizkiz baba, i fear your opinnion ooo cheesygrin
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by scentmarlc(m): 10:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
Slimzjoe:
Two things are Involved..... Your Father Likes her very much and Want to know her More or

She's a Potential Stepmom to you grin

Baba yu fit be wrong oooo, he may just want to get her comfortable properly cheesygrin

[size=20pt] abeg read my signature joor [/size]
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Lexusgs430: 10:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
vizkiz:
I think your dad wants some wink
E still dey body! cheesy
Abeg leave the old man alone let him have fun a little.

I think something went down during that period she came visiting... I smell something fishy undecided

Abeg na Joke oh, before them kidnap me for here! grin

You wicked o!!! You wan make hin heart cut?
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by scentmarlc(m): 10:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
UnknownT:
Your Girlfriend will soon upgrade to become your Stepmother wink

Unknown troll, everly direct

[size=20pt] abeg read my signature joor [/size]
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by ekenzify(m): 10:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
BROS RELAX.....YOUR DAD IS JUST LIKE YOU VOICED, IS MAKING THE GIRL FEEL SUPER COOL. I MEAN, YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY HE HAS ACCEPTED YOUR WIFE TO BE (THATS IF YOU STILL WANT TO GO AHEAD WITH THE WEDDING).. NO CAUSE FOR ALARM AND LIKE YOU ALSO MENTIONED, YOUR DAD IS A CLERGY MAN...SO WHY WORRY? OR ARE YOU ALREADY DOUBTING YOUR DAD'S CREDIBILITY? wink ?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Lexusgs430: 10:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
Maybe your Dad had put your matter in prayers, fasting and had gone to the mountain top.
Now that the prayers are answered you want him to slack?
Carry on clergy - Father - Father in-law!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by bueze046(m): 10:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
Freest:

well, from what i can be certain of about my dad is the d fact that he cant mess around. Outside being a very dedicated pastor, he also is a disciplinarian and he doesn't even condole rubbish from us. told is the only day we'll bring a girl to his house is if we sure she's the one we wanna marry. And after all my dad is in Edo state and my girl in Lagos. So i don't see anything happening between them. But am still concerned abt the calls on daily basis.

Approach. your dad with a good manner in his good mood and explain to him with reasons I think he will understand.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by mubarak001(m): 10:52pm On Jun 24, 2015
Check ur family history, has he ever done that to any of ur female siblings where he called their prospective hubby?

Again, forget disciplinarian and clergy, blood no dey pass thru their body ni?

E cud be that they re connected by chemistry and there is need for some actions resulting into ur reactions now.

Just drag both of them closer and be very vigilant, small detail will gif them away.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by vizkiz: 10:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
scentmarlc:

Vizkiz baba, i fear your opinnion ooo cheesygrin

this Op, go kidnap me I swear! grin
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Tattooboy: 10:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
Gwan2:
Is simple.....
Ur Dad have seen å wife material in d gal n dont want you to lose her....Also he wants you more committed in d relationship to her, daz why he persistently calls her.
Jus assured him of ur stance wit d gal daz if u rili want her ås a wife...and politely tell him ur nt comfortable wit his incessant calls.
did u study carpentry? u nailed this
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by mrkings84(m): 10:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
Sorry dear, u requested for a candid advice but am sure u will end up Have CANDLE Advises. That's nairaland for u.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by kobonaire(m): 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
Wow the OP's papa na sharp guy .... he go chop pomo before the OP go realize ...
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Orikinla(m): 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
[size=18pt]18 There be three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not:

19 The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maiden.

~ Proverbs Chapter 30: 18-19.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by mrkings84(m): 10:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
NEED A JOB? OR NEED MORE INCOME?? THAT OPPORTUNITY U VE BEEN WAITING FOR IS HERE! U CAN EARN MUCH MORE THAN U ACTUALLY EXPECTED WITH EASE. IT'S A NETWORKING BUSINESS. ALL IT REQUIRES IS A SMALL AMOUNT AS CAPITAL, AND GET MORE PEOPLE INVOLVE, THEN YOU ARE GOOD TO GO. FOR MORE INFO, WHASAPP OR CALL 08034704620. IT'S A PROMISE THAT U WILL THANK ME LATER.
NOTE: NO SPECIAL SKILLS OR QUALIFICATIONS ARE REQUIRED
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by angelberton(f): 10:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
Your dad has seen wife material for you and wants to nurture her.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Freest(m): 10:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
Gwan2:
Is simple.....
Ur Dad have seen å wife material in d gal n dont want you to lose her....Also he wants you more committed in d relationship to her, daz why he persistently calls her.
Jus assured him of ur stance wit d gal daz if u rili want her ås a wife...and politely tell him ur nt comfortable wit his incessant calls.
Thanks.... I actually think that is my fear.... getting into her head.... cos i needed to maintain my status quo incase..... but now it seems is a family relationship and d way its going i don't have much choice!!!
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
Na so Obasanjo take do Gbenga wife till he ucfk her. Shatter any familiarity btw her and ur dad...i don talk ma own oh

Free Forex Signals
www.aheadmarket.com

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by UnknownT: 11:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
scentmarlc:

Unknown troll, everly direct

[size=4pt] abeg read my signature joor [/size]
Just mention me when the time reaches
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Freest(m): 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
stanvesco:

u no ur dad well,and ur lady well....
However shit happen!
Is ur mum alive?
My advise; ur dad may want to find out if u guys r staying 2gda(disciplinarian in him)
he may want to make d lady feel at home(the clergyman)
however if at any point the edo man in him surface.....broda kary ur woman n run oh,she may nöt even nö wen she fall in love,especially if ur mum aint around.

Just gv ur dad sumtym,he will reduce d calls.
My mum is around and alive and with him(my dad) and also, my girl is in Lagos while Dad in Edo.... so i know there isn't any ppo happening and i trust my Dad he cant do such and my gurl, I'll kill her....
but i feel he is excited.... but that excitement they spoil my matter....

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by lordprosh(m): 11:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
Freest:
I happened to be in a relationship and for the first time i asked my girl to come meet my parents since we started getting serious and next year i have plans to get married to her. she met my parents three weeks ago and stayed in our family house for about a week before going back. Since then my Dad calls her like every day just to check up on her. This is beginning to get me worried as it is unusual of my Dad. FYI my Dad is a clergy man and very disciplined hence i know nothing is wrong negatively. But my concern is that the man is taking the relationship more serious than even me in the relationship. Am concerned and my girl is so excited about it. I had plans to talk to my dad but don't know if it is right. I feel my dad is making this girl feel supercool and am not comfortable with that. Please i need candid advice!!!

#Freest#
OP calm down.. My dad calls my big bro babe(wife to be) my dad is also a pastor nd a 'no nonsense' man..
I tink u shld b happy abt it..
Tis call wil help kip ur babe in chk.. Anytime she wan misbehave nd ur dad calls she's have a rethink..
Tr shld be a good relationship btw her nd ur parents..

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nehemz(m): 11:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hmmm
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Freest(m): 11:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
vizkiz:

this Op, go kidnap me I swear! grin

BE WARNED....

that's my last warning!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Newlywedded Nigerian Lady Discovers She Married “I Better Pass My Neighbor” Gen. / Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? / How I Got Back At My Cheating Nigerian Husband - US Based Lady (pix/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.