Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. (44635 Views)

My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It / My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 25, 2015
newspostng:

your father want to fuckj her, keep her away, that man aint clergy enough to hold his emotions, there are many of them fingeringggg church members in the dark
finger? do u mean pointing finger at them......
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by izzieman: 1:23am On Jun 25, 2015
Freest:

well, from what i can be certain of about my dad is the d fact that he cant mess around. Outside being a very dedicated pastor, he also is a disciplinarian and he doesn't even condole rubbish from us. told is the only day we'll bring a girl to his house is if we sure she's the one we wanna marry. And after all my dad is in Edo state and my girl in Lagos. So i don't see anything happening between them. But am still concerned abt the calls on daily basis.

1. Does your father call you on a daily basis?
2. Do you have a sister?
3. Did you have a sister who died?

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by JesusDWay(m): 1:34am On Jun 25, 2015
Freest:
I happened to be in a relationship and for the first time i asked my girl to come meet my parents since we started getting serious and next year i have plans to get married to her. she met my parents three weeks ago and stayed in our family house for about a week before going back. Since then my Dad calls her like every day just to check up on her. This is beginning to get me worried as it is unusual of my Dad. FYI my Dad is a clergy man and very disciplined hence i know nothing is wrong negatively. But my concern is that the man is taking the relationship more serious than even me in the relationship. Am concerned and my girl is so excited about it. I had plans to talk to my dad but don't know if it is right. I feel my dad is making this girl feel supercool and am not comfortable with that. Please i need candid advice!!!

#Freest#

I think he may just be excited about the fact that he will soon be a father-in-law. Besides, he may really feel the girl is right for you and wants her to feel at home with the family. From what you have said, it seems your concern is that the girl may start raising her shoulders now that she knows your Dad accepts her, that's where the work is for you. You may need to learn how to handle her if she wants to act anyhow

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 2:07am On Jun 25, 2015
grand2nery:
Check this out folks

Nigeria's 1st photo novel ENJOY!!

http://www.browngarri.com/fallen-2/

I love this. Please finish it
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by ERCROSS(m): 2:42am On Jun 25, 2015
Freest:

Thanks bro..... but with all i just dey hope his ways wouldn't tie my hands in the relationship cos i notice he really approves of her.... and that makes me feel the girl will be too free or relaxed and you know ladies.... it will start entering their head and making them misbehave....

U just nailed it broh.. U v gat the excuse ti table to ur dad already...
U knw, being ur dad, u can't just communicate with him anyhow, u must convey ur point in a non-insultive way..

U be like :: Dad, u knw when this ladies are given too many or free chances they tend to misbehave. ur consistent call to xoxo will make her feel too free that there's nothing I can do to scare her even if she misbehaves. So dad I will prefer if u'll minimize the rate at which u call her so she won't feel too relaxed, so she wont grow wings after we eventually get married.. At least she must be fearful of doing somethings atimes not because of me but because of the reaction of urself and mom. That way, there will be more respect from her to u, as there's more respect from God to we humans partly because we dont get to hear his voice or see him always...

I hope after this speech of urs, he will get the message

Shallom...

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Freest(m): 3:25am On Jun 25, 2015
izzieman:

1. Does your father call you on a daily basis?
2. Do you have a sister?
3. Did you have a sister who died?
My Dad doesn't call me on daily basis.... maybe perhaps cos we always see.... even when i was far apart he doesn't even call me like that sef....

We have just one girl (sister) in my family....

I dont have any sister that died!!!
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Zeddicus001(m): 3:34am On Jun 25, 2015
guy leave since your dad is responsible man don't just sit down... if I were in your position I will just use eagle eye on them I mean I will be watching my dad ways and her ways
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by rman: 3:41am On Jun 25, 2015
She could also be your dad's long lost daughter undecided

By the way, do you have a sister at all? if NO, then your dad and mum are just excited they now have a young girl dey can dot on like their own.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by olumide81(m): 4:35am On Jun 25, 2015
Young man! Be careful and dont make an irrepairable mistake, ur countenance alone could ridicule ur dad before ur girl and such may stay for as long as ur dad is alive.....go home, sit ur dad down politely and make him see positive reasons why he should reduce his number of calls to the lady e.g (u want her to dissolve gradually into the family and not an imminent thing). Some things in life are irreplaceable!
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by cactuscee(m): 4:35am On Jun 25, 2015
Freest:

well, from what i can be certain of about my dad is the d fact that he cant mess around. Outside being a very dedicated pastor, he also is a disciplinarian and he doesn't even condole rubbish from us. told is the only day we'll bring a girl to his house is if we sure she's the one we wanna marry. And after all my dad is in Edo state and my girl in Lagos. So i don't see anything happening between them. But am still concerned abt the calls on daily basis.
Baba, leave too much stories
penis no dey speak English.
You are confuse too and that is why you asking for advice.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by dapsonlou(m): 4:54am On Jun 25, 2015
Melahou:
You should be very concern about it...
No need confronting your dad instead talk to your girl and make her understand you are not comfortable...if there's a way she can ignore his calls most times to as to pass the message to your dad...
But be calm about it

By your comments either you have no respect or never been in a relationship. You want his future wife to be ignoring his father's calls? Does that make sense, which father in his right mind would all his son to marry a woman that ignore his calls. He should talk to his father, the girl is only being respectful.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by dapsonlou(m): 5:00am On Jun 25, 2015
Freest:
I happened to be in a relationship and for the first time i asked my girl to come meet my parents since we started getting serious and next year i have plans to get married to her. she met my parents three weeks ago and stayed in our family house for about a week before going back. Since then my Dad calls her like every day just to check up on her. This is beginning to get me worried as it is unusual of my Dad. FYI my Dad is a clergy man and very disciplined hence i know nothing is wrong negatively. But my concern is that the man is taking the relationship more serious than even me in the relationship. Am concerned and my girl is so excited about it. I had plans to talk to my dad but don't know if it is right. I feel my dad is making this girl feel supercool and am not comfortable with that. Please i need candid advice!!!

#Freest#

Look reading the comments and am surprise at what some people are suggesting. Your father probably calls her because he wants her to be his new daughter in law. Yes trying to find out things only parents can see through. Tell you father how you feel about it, don't belittle your father in front of you babe. If a Woman don't respect your family, she will never respect you.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by asumo12: 5:03am On Jun 25, 2015
LEO

shocked shocked shocked

prettyjo:
shocked

Augus bah?
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Boomsha(m): 5:09am On Jun 25, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by frank317: 5:48am On Jun 25, 2015
Are u d first son?
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by olurotimi1: 5:54am On Jun 25, 2015
MemphisDepay:
Na 2:1 I carry for NL front page. Not bad, network lo shey orikori. As regards the Topic, I no even read am. But you, your fada and your gf are all stupid.# Abeg who help me see my power bank*
were grin
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Seadove70(m): 5:55am On Jun 25, 2015
Lolz baba gan fe jenibe... When you are not around u can see how your dad will perform well
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by papoose999(m): 6:13am On Jun 25, 2015
ds is part of d change APC promised nigerians
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Empejo(m): 6:15am On Jun 25, 2015
Maybe your dad is just concern abt her wellbeing and nothing else
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Ogbehadanyel(m): 6:15am On Jun 25, 2015
Was suprised to hear dat ur Dad z doing dat, but once u say he z a clergy, i would advice u just stay cool and be vigilant, dnt say or do anytin 4 nw just be taking note of tins until u av got a concret reason to talk ok?
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by onelife97: 6:15am On Jun 25, 2015
@op,what you should be concerned abt is their discussions if ur gf can be honest abt it.

If u really trust ur dad and ur gf,u shouldn't worry abt anything.

Me wey girl woman we I really love but she's an introvert;hardly talk than salam aleikum even to me and she hardly call my mum too because papa sef Don pass away.Anyway because of this my mum says I shouldn't marry her and should think abt it.
Her reason "she doesn't call me".
But I always think why my mum sef no call her since she already know the kind of person she be.
Since I heard this from my mum,I am never happy again.it's like all hope is slipping away.

Be happy Bro, stay cool and be positive.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by coretechng1(m): 6:20am On Jun 25, 2015
This is on point. And by the way,does your dad call your sisters and you everyday?And besides whats the nature and content of the discussion between your girfriend and your dad each time he calls her?
Abugab:
No need to panic.
I am sure you have come of age to have brought your girl home and also spend a week with your family where your dad is a clergy.
I don't see any foul play as the old man, maybe your mun and siblings could have bonded with her and found her worthy.
My take is that your dad is only checking on his future daughter inlaw. I am sure she could have won his heart with her good behavior and other characteristics of a good wife.
The old man could not have any future plan for a clergy to tolerated her in his house for a week is a good sign she has something.
You are the issue here as you still have doubts about yourself.
I am sure you have plans to vamooze and dad's closeness is looking like a trap now. Free your mind and let things work out as your dad could have seen her in a revelation as your wife.
If you were not ready why did you bring her home?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Dadmos(m): 6:35am On Jun 25, 2015
The lady will soon turn super heroe for u to control because of the knowledge of her 100% acceptance by ur father. Break up dey smell. #from experience#
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Melahou(m): 6:41am On Jun 25, 2015
dapsonlou:

By your comments either you have no respect or never been in a relationship. You want his future wife to be ignoring his father's calls? Does that make sense, which father in his right mind would all his son to marry a woman that ignore his calls. He should talk to his father, the girl is only being respectful.

Try and read between the lines so you can understand the details.

Does it make sense for your father to be calling your girl friend everyday just to check on her, mean while he hardly calls you
Am sure you won't have any problem with that since you have been into a relationship before.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 25, 2015
Its my birthday!!...can i get some likes here
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by streetzdreamz(m): 6:48am On Jun 25, 2015
Freest:

My dear.... I will tell you i now regret taking her home..... i only did that cos i invited her for my sisters introduction just to enable her also meet my people including my parents. since then my life has never remained thesame. The funny thing is that even my mum holds her so close. in high esteem.... and its scaring me so much cos i feel d effect may be negative!!! i might be wrong tho
honestly,can't comprehend a thing u saying here,its obvious to you that your parents adores the lady,your dad has no hidden motive,the only thing visible here is that u dont want a huge commitment,probably still thinking about walking down the aisle with the lady or not,here ur parents r giving her enough hope and attention that portrays she is in already,approach ur mum if u can't talk yo your dad, slack up on d closeness between ur girl a bit,its very simple.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by WINDSOW(m): 6:54am On Jun 25, 2015
Keep calm bro,u ll soon find out.Dnt feel uncomfortable before ur woman.
BTW u should have known the kind pops u have na?Jst be observant,if sometyn strange dey,U go know.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by WINDSOW(m): 6:58am On Jun 25, 2015
Bros,frm ur lata post.U said even ur mum gbadun the girl.
That's girl is ur wife.If u bring some1 else them go reject her.
Love her,care for her n neva cheat on her.Ur destiny is tied to hers.
If u like believe it or not,na u sabi

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by ipreach: 7:00am On Jun 25, 2015
plz I want you to courageously approach him with respect.
He may tell you his mind and plan
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by franugo(m): 7:06am On Jun 25, 2015
Freest:

My dear.... I will tell you i now regret taking her home..... i only did that cos i invited her for my sisters introduction just to enable her also meet my people including my parents. since then my life has never remained thesame. The funny thing is that even my mum holds her so close. in high esteem.... and its scaring me so much cos i feel d effect may be negative!!! i might be wrong tho

Funny op. Had it been dt your parents did not like her, you would have opened a thread like so:: 'help!! My parents don't like the girl I want to marry, pls wat should I do? ' :::: now dt they are in love with her ( e don pass like), u r still complaining, shoroniyen?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 25, 2015
Freest:

Clergy or no clergy, he is human and we all get tempted. He might have grown feelings who knows; he is human... Dont let it catch you unawares if the relationship gets sour nd you cant figure where d problem is. Calling a woman daily is enough to create deep bonds. You will see your dad will travel soon( nd it will be to see your girlfriend nd you wont know).... Dont be gullible, nip his action in the bud because its highly inapproiporate. Warn your gf too....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Because I Am A Woman! / Best Solid (Nigerian) Meals For 6 Month Old Babies. / My Husband Dislikes Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.