Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party (18201 Views)

Maitama Sule's Body Received By Governor Ganduje, Saraki & Others in Kano (Pics) / We Will Write Your Resignation Letter, Nigerians Abroad Tell Saraki / Resign Now, Labour Unions Tell Saraki (2) (3) (4)

NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress governors have asked the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, to accept the party’s nominees for the remaining leadership positions in the Senate.

They stated this position at a meeting, Tuesday night, at the Presidential Villa.

The leadership of the APC had nominated Senators Ahmed Lawan from North East zone as Senate Leader, George Akume from the North Central zone as Deputy Senate Leader, Sola Adeyeye from the South West as Chief Whip and Abu Ibrahim as Deputy Whip.

In the House of Representatives, the party nominated Femi Gbajabiamila as House Leader, Alhassan Doguma as Deputy House Leader, Mohammed Monguno as Chief Whip and Parry Iriase as Deputy Whip.

There were, however, indications that Mr. Saraki objected the nominations.

His supporters under the aegis of “Like Minds Senators” are opposed to the nominations and have insisted on zoning the positions independent of the party.

However, those in the Unity Forum, a group which backed Mr. Lawan for the position of Senate President, insisted that those nominated by the party for the positions should be allowed to adopted by the Senate.

A closed-door meeting of the Senate on Tuesday to resolve the lingering disagreement had ended in a brawl.

Rising from the meeting at the Presidential Villa, which ended early hours of Wednesday, Mr. Buhari and the governors asked Mr. Saraki to respect the party’s position.

They resolved that the governors should meet immediately with the senate president and the APC senators to ask them to obey the party’s directive.

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, who is the Chairman of the APC Governors forum, told journalists he and his colleagues were bothered that the party’s lawmakers were showing disrespect for it even though they were elected on its platform.

“With all these achievements and progress we are making, we are worried by the pockets of disagreements going on at the National Assembly,” he said.

“We have resolved that we came from a party and our party’s views should be respected. So, we feel that there is the need for us to invite our senators and look more into the matter and see how we can all make peace.

“We believe that everyone should respect our party from which we all came from and for that reason, we have decided that we are going to invite our senators and rub minds with them.

“We are saying that there should not be a winner-takes-it-all; that we should carry everybody along and accommodate others as suggested by the party.”

Mr. Okorocha said the governors had also praised the president for his efforts to revamp the economy which is in shambles.

Also speaking, the Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, said the meeting resolved that the APC senators should align with the party’s position.

He said, “We were all elected on the platform of the party. We are not just a collection of individuals, we are a political party and when the party has spoken we must listen. If it was a game of individuals, like golf, then individuals can go their way.

“I think it is very clear at this point that the party has the responsibility to keep the system going, so we as progressive governors, we have listened to the President and we have discussed extensively and we are clear that the party’s position should be supported by the senators.

“This is the way it should be and we should start on a note of working closely. We as governors, we listen to the party, we expect our senators to also listen to the party.

“We are going to call them and tell them this is it and explain our reasons. It is about party supremacy.”

It Is, however, not clear if the governors met with Mr. Saraki to inform him about the decision of the meeting.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/185607-nass-leadership-crisis-buhari-apc-govs-tell-saraki-others-to-respect-party.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
Buhari should Reign on this traitor called Saraki, let him defect to PDP and dig his political grave!

Enough of this nonsense pettings!

24 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by eleko1: 11:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
PDP blood still dey Saraki vein.Leopard can't change.May APC overcome all dis storm sad

20 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Acekidc4(m): 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Young03(m): 11:13pm On Jun 24, 2015

space

booked
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Ezenwammadu(m): 11:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
When saraki was fighting PDP he was hailed and termed a democrat now his madness has turner to his new lovers they are now screaming respect party

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by akonibobo: 11:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
He saraki should just accept the fact that the party has the supreme power.
I will advice APC to go and re-strategise coz the senate presently is being ruled by an opposition party in a ruling parties cloth.

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Starships4u(m): 11:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by midolian(m): 11:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
Saraki is a spoilt child. He hates to be under pple but loves pple to be under him. If you know him well, you ll agree with me that he will still do many anti-party acitivities. All the guy cares about is himself.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Starships4u(m): 11:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
Make I quick buy land cos this Na front page material
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
I am happy, that even his core supporters are now feeling highly embarrassed by his selfish action.

Saraki should not and Can Never be bigger than his Party! Expel Him Now, Heaven Will Not Fall!

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:26pm On Jun 24, 2015
midolian:
Saraki is a spoilt child. He hates to be under pple but loves pple to be under him. If you know him well, you ll agree with me that he will still do many anti-party acitivities. All the guy cares about is himself.

You need to watch, yesterday and Today's proceedings in the Senate Chamber and see how he was busy ruling all APC senators out of Order! And Yet Buhari/APC are still pampering him! Nonsense!!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by midolian(m): 11:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

You need to watch, yesterday and Today's proceedings in the Senate Chamber and see how he was busy ruling all APC senators out of Order! And Yet Buhari/APC are still pampering him! Nonsense!!!
Honestly, The guy deserves to be tought some lesson. I am sure he won't get away with this. He surely won't.

I support the way Buhari/APC are pampering him. I remember when I was a kid. Sometimes If I offended my mum, she would pretend as if she had forgotten and forgiven me by pampering me. And when I go to bed @ night, she would wake me up with the flogging of my life.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by ORACLE1975(m): 2:12am On Jun 25, 2015
better.

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:36am On Jun 25, 2015
lalasticlala, Ishilove and Obinoscopy! Na wao!!!
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by sammyj: 7:40am On Jun 25, 2015
Good development! !!
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by warrior01: 7:43am On Jun 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Buhari should Reign on this traitor called Saraki, let him defect to PDP and dig his political grave!

Enough of this nonsense pettings!
Did I just hear you call Saraki a traitor? Were you not amongst those praising him to high heavens when their group dumped and stabbed PDP in the back? What was your position when Tambuwal went against his party's position and directives? He was a progressive right? Please let this new progressive in the person of Saraki be after all what goes around comes around. Una never see something

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by southsouthman: 7:45am On Jun 25, 2015
I hope these people who are supporting PMB by asking the Saraki to respect the party's decisions will same the same thing when the party recommends people for ministers and other positions. I hope that PMB will willing accept decisions of the party. Fashola comes to my mind.

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 25, 2015
Mr. Okorocha said the governors had also praised the president for his efforts to revamp the economy which is in shambles.
Hahaha Which effort? APC and propaganda sha. Lol

@Topic: I'm loving things. APC fraudulent house is crumbling. Saraki should take no prisoners!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 25, 2015
This political miscalculation often gives me a heartache. like how the heck did that mofo called saraki became the senate Leader baffles me till today.

The party need to expel that saraki plus atiku out of the party, I don't actually give a flying phuck if he goes back to PDP or any other party. As long as saraki is booted out of APC is very okay by me.

our Change is incomplete with people like saraki still dictating for the party..... gosh

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by SUBMARINE: 7:58am On Jun 25, 2015
PDP prediction of APC collapse is finally coming to pass grin

17 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by tucky200(m): 8:02am On Jun 25, 2015
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by fitzmayowa: 8:02am On Jun 25, 2015
warrior01:

Did I just hear you call Saraki a traitor? Were you not amongst those praising him to high heavens when their group dumped and stabbed PDP in the back? What was your position when Tambuwal went against his party's position and directives? He was a progressive right? Please let this new progressive in the person of Saraki be after all what goes around comes around. Una never see something

I tire ooo, the same set of people praising saraki,tambuwal and co when they did the same thing to PDP are now crying a river.....

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 25, 2015
Confused crowd...

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by williams368(m): 8:03am On Jun 25, 2015
Criminals
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by jejemanito: 8:03am On Jun 25, 2015
Saraki reminds one of that fly that perches on a man's scrotum. If you use force on him eh you will understand the true meaning of newton's third law of motion gringrin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by mencade6: 8:03am On Jun 25, 2015
why is apc fighting themselves? i dont pike this. it is not good for the polity as a whole. oh God!

[size=50pt] I P C [/size]

[size=40pt] CHANGE! [/size]

FOR ACCOUNTABILITY VOTE IAMKINGZLEE

FOR DIVIDENDS OF NAIRACRACY VOTE IAMKINGZLEE

vote like this

[size=20pt]i vote for iamkingzlee cc NLJEGA

here is the link for voting[/size]

it starts from 9.am to 6pm

[size=30pt]https://www.nairaland.com/2403058/mr-nairaland-contest-2015-final[/size]

THANK YOU ALL
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by gen2briz(m): 8:04am On Jun 25, 2015
Just to read comments.
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by illiad: 8:04am On Jun 25, 2015
Apc should go and build its own assembly but so long they're still in nigerias national assembly then they should forget about their party and think about nigeria.

If not for the folly of nigerians apc would have remained in its natural habitat as an opposition where lies & propagandas are their staple.

Last time there was a robbery their lagos governor blamed Gej. Yesterday another group of robbers held sway for over an hour right opposite a police station & not far from a naval post yet no shot was returned in the direction of the robbers & miserable apc liars have yet to blame it on DD.

Nigerians are the most gullible

Change Change Change
Now we've changed to Confusionism

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by SUBMARINE: 8:04am On Jun 25, 2015
kastonkastrol:
This political miscalculation often gives me a heartache. like how the heck did that mofo called saraki became the senate Leader baffles me till today.

The party need to expel that saraki plus atiku out of the party, I don't actually give a flying phuck if he goes back to PDP or any other party. As long as saraki is booted out of APC is very okay by me.

our Change is incomplete with people like saraki still dictating for the party..... gosh

Which CHANGE

Is it the one preached by the illiterate masters up North or educated slaves down South. grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by sweatlana: 8:05am On Jun 25, 2015
I thought Buhari said he wouldn't interfer?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by phransix147(m): 8:05am On Jun 25, 2015
Would those greedy ones listen?

2019 Elections: Cabals Plotting To Remove Saraki - Senator Isa Misau / Who Was Ezego Of Ihiala? The Truth About How He Made His Money! / "Free Zakzaky" Protesters At Nigerian Embassy In London (Photos)