Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji? (8370 Views)

Wow!!! Got A Mouthwatering Job Via Nairaland / Just Landed Another Job Via Nairaland!! / 2016 Police Recruitment: Pray Hard If You're In This Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji? by Bekeey: 11:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
Please tell me cos am yet to convince dt they are real. they will post jobs online without d company's name, they only post half shaded phone number asking u to call them if u r eager. Not only dat even if u decide to call d person, d number will not b available all through.

Please, I still ask has any secured job from dis ppl?
Thank as u r replying.
Re: Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji? by kazzonline: 2:02am On Jun 25, 2015
That jiji na so so scammers full there,becareful
Re: Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji? by Bekeey: 7:57am On Jun 25, 2015
More contributions pls
Re: Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji? by jtenna: 8:01am On Jun 25, 2015
Jiji is just like Olx. They should call them Scammers.ng. They very fond of sending you scam mails such as having the laughable 'job briefing' and fake addresses with abbreviations as company names.

What I do is call and ask for their company address. If they tell you to submit your CV via their email don't! And stay clear.

1 Like

Re: Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji? by ede1(m): 8:02am On Jun 25, 2015
The website itself it's a scam. they need to properly verify the kind of job posting people put in there 98% are not real.
Re: Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji? by Lisiczu(m): 7:11am On Jul 09, 2015
actually we verify companies by calling them a few times, so now we have just a very few companies we have not called yet, so please review your opinion
Re: Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji? by Craven: 10:08am On Jul 09, 2015
Lisiczu:
actually we verify companies by calling them a few times, so now we have just a very few companies we have not called yet, so please review your opinion

You sound like you work for Jiji. "We verify companies by calling them a few times." I have a few words for you to take back to those you work for.

I must confess, calling your supposed recruiters 'a few times' is a poor way to verify companies. I am disappointed that you'd entrust the safety of your subscribers into the hands of people you've just called 'a few times'. Because anyone can pick up the phone and claim a false identity. Did you even take the time to meet these people in person? Did you check online presence to verify company details? Did you visit company addresses and make research about these companies? You need to do much more that 'calling a few times' in ensuring that scammers do not have access to your website.

There is this particular 'recruiter', Bluplanet. They use the email address rc.bluplanet@hotmail.com to source for unknowing candidates to scam. I was curious about them and dialed their number one time. A guy picked the phone. There was music playing in the background (what kind of company allows employees play hip hop music in a workplace?). I asked him a few question and he couldn't give a satisfactory answer. He didn't even know what he was saying. Later, he sent a message stating an address I should come to for an interview; "Trinity house 84, Itire road by Morgan bus stop, Mushin-Lagos." This same address has been used by different scammers claiming to be from a different company each time. How can different companies be at the same address?

I carried out a small research on the internet (something everyone at Jiji seems to be too lazy to do) and found out that this scammer copied the career page of Ernst and Young's website and pasted the description as his.

Here is a link to the scammer's page on Jiji - http://yaba./internship-jobs/graduate-trainee-intern-426282.html

Now is this the kind of people you claim to call 'a few times'? Let's be honest, Jiji offers poor services. The website is the abode of scammers looking to take advantage of unknowing job seekers. And the fact that the website isn't even taking appropriate measures to tackle that is a disappointment.

Don't ask anyone to review their opinion. Review the fake recruiters on your poor website instead.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji? by yemmybx(m): 12:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
EVERYTHING ABOUT IS A SCAM!
GO TO COMPUTER SALES SECTION, THERE IS ONE COMPANY WHOSE SYSTEM IS THE CHEAPEST, THE COMPANY USES BADAGRY AS ITS LOCATION, THEY HAVE DIFFERENT FONE NUMBERS USED TO DECEIVE REAL BUYERS (MR OSAS) IS D USUALLY USED. THEY TELL CUSTOMERS TO PAY FIRST BEFORE DELIVERY, I WAS TOLD AND GIVEN A PERSONAL ACCOUNT NUMBER TO SEND MONEY INTO BEFORE SENDING THE LENOVO LAPTOP I ORDERED FOR, BUT I SAID DELIVERY BEFORE PAYMENT, YOU CANT BELIEVE IT, THE SO CALLED RUDE, DISGUSTING CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE STARTED ABUSING ME.

IN FACT I ALSO TOOK MY TIME TO ABUSE HIM. MR OSAS FROM BADAGRY IS A SCAMMER!!!!"

I HATE with passon
Re: Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji? by yemmybx(m): 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
EVERYTHING ABOUT () IS A SCAM!
GO TO COMPUTER SALES SECTION, THERE IS ONE COMPANY WHOSE SYSTEM IS THE CHEAPEST, THE COMPANY USES BADAGRY AS ITS LOCATION, THEY HAVE DIFFERENT FONE NUMBERS USED TO DECEIVE REAL BUYERS (MR OSAS) IS D USUALLY USED. THEY TELL CUSTOMERS TO PAY FIRST BEFORE DELIVERY, I WAS TOLD AND GIVEN A PERSONAL ACCOUNT NUMBER TO SEND MONEY INTO BEFORE SENDING THE LENOVO LAPTOP I ORDERED FOR, BUT I SAID DELIVERY BEFORE PAYMENT, YOU CANT BELIEVE IT, THE SO CALLED RUDE, DISGUSTING CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE STARTED ABUSING ME.

IN FACT I ALSO TOOK MY TIME TO ABUSE HIM. MR OSAS FROM BADAGRY IS A SCAMMER!!!!"

I HATE [] with passon

1 Like

Re: Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji? by yemmybx(m): 12:08pm On Jul 09, 2015
EVERYTHING ABOUT Jiji IS A SCAM!

I HATE. JIJI with passon
Re: Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji? by raykayasp(m): 4:31am On Nov 15, 2016
Craven:

You sound like you work for Jiji. "We verify companies by calling them a few times." I have a few words for you to take back to those you work for.

I must confess, calling your supposed recruiters 'a few times' is a poor way to verify companies. I am disappointed that you'd entrust the safety of your subscribers into the hands of people you've just called 'a few times'. Because anyone can pick up the phone and claim a false identity. Did you even take the time to meet these people in person? Did you check online presence to verify company details? Did you visit company addresses and make research about these companies? You need to do much more that 'calling a few times' in ensuring that scammers do not have access to your website.

There is this particular 'recruiter', Bluplanet. They use the email address rc.bluplanet@hotmail.com to source for unknowing candidates to scam. I was curious about them and dialed their number one time. A guy picked the phone. There was music playing in the background (what kind of company allows employees play hip hop music in a workplace?). I asked him a few question and he couldn't give a satisfactory answer. He didn't even know what he was saying. Later, he sent a message stating an address I should come to for an interview; "Trinity house 84, Itire road by Morgan bus stop, Mushin-Lagos." This same address has been used by different scammers claiming to be from a different company each time. How can different companies be at the same address?

I carried out a small research on the internet (something everyone at Jiji seems to be too lazy to do) and found out that this scammer copied the career page of Ernst and Young's website and pasted the description as his.

Here is a link to the scammer's page on Jiji - http://yaba./internship-jobs/graduate-trainee-intern-426282.html

Now is this the kind of people you claim to call 'a few times'? Let's be honest, Jiji offers poor services. The website is the abode of scammers looking to take advantage of unknowing job seekers. And the fact that the website isn't even taking appropriate measures to tackle that is a disappointment.

Don't ask anyone to review their opinion. Review the fake recruiters on your poor website instead.

I give it to you 50times with this yhur drop. kudos!
Re: Please House, Has Any Body Ever Secured Job Via This Group Called Jiji? by kensmoney(m): 5:52am On Nov 15, 2016
GNLD zone. Scammer zone

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Graduate Customer Service Agents At Jumia Nigeria - 13th Oct, 2015 / Andela Nigeria Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (12 Positions) / Federal Fire Service Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.