Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. (5031 Views)

Brilliant Quotes on Religion By Thomas Paine And Robert Ingersoll. / Doing Good Deeds Emerges As Optimal Choice of Religion by Statistical Analysis / The Largest Religion In Nigeria? Islam Or Christianity? Detailed Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
Samunique:
@OP. DravenCreighton
I can see u are very Happy with what u posted here.
Well, I will tell u not to rejoice bcs it does not always work out like that.

No one can actually predict tomorrow precisely!!!

The statstists are just trying base on the facts at hand but cannot predict the way events will unfold in the next 50yrs .

Besides, who has spoken and it came to pass when God has not commanded it?

Just as it is wrong for me to use the rate of conversion to Christianity in my locality to rate Christian growth so it is for a group of people to do the same base on the the information and data bcs the only constant thing in life is change.

Remember presently Christianity is still leading, so dwell with that fact for now and let's wait for that 50 or 100yrs to come then we can do the rating.

Ok,
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
AroOkigbo:

In likewise manner, would you be able to compare, in fairness, muslims of a hundred years ago and muslims now??

You tell me.
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by AroOkigbo(m): 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
DravenCreighton:

You tell me.
There's increased trend of islamists causing general terror (suicide activities). ..among the different sects (sunni vs shia and vice versa). ..and worse still against Christians e.g. boko haram in northern Nigeria.
Don't you think it wasn't as much a hundred years ago?
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
AroOkigbo:

There's increased trend of islamists causing general terror (suicide activities). ..among the different sects (sunni vs shia and vice versa). ..and worse still against Christians e.g. boko haram in northern Nigeria.
Don't you think it wasn't as much a hundred years ago?

Lol! I'm sorry, what now? BH is killing who in northern Nigeria?
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by AroOkigbo(m): 7:53pm On Jun 28, 2015
DravenCreighton:

Lol! I'm sorry, what now? BH is killing who in northern Nigeria?
Christians, and a number of muslims who criticise them.
Also heard about the abduction of hundreds of secondary school (christian) girls who were forced to convert to islam.
A number of churches were also blown up leading to many casualties when their (bh islamists) tempo was high.
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
AroOkigbo:

Christians, and a number of muslims who criticise them.
Also heard about the abduction of hundreds of secondary school (christian) girls who were forced to convert to islam.
A number of churches were also blown up leading to many casualties when their (bh islamists) tempo was high.

So who do you think has suffered more casualties?
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by AroOkigbo(m): 8:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
DravenCreighton:

So who do you think has more casualties?
I would say Christians. ..afterall churches received most of the bombing.
Wouldn't you think so?
So tell me why most terrorist groups usually profess islam?
Is the promise of 72 virg.ins actually real...and the intent?
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
AroOkigbo:

I would say Christians. ..afterall churches received most of the bombing.
Wouldn't you think so?
So tell me why most terrorist groups usually profess islam?
Is the promise of 72 virg.ins actually real...and the intent?

Lol! Clueless
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:46am On Jun 29, 2015
All this bullshyt.

Traditionalists will increase in Africa. Atheism will grow in the West.
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Rilwayne001: 5:13am On Jun 29, 2015
AroOkigbo:
. I would say Christians. ..afterall churches received most of the bombing. Wouldn't you think so?
I guess you are not in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Rilwayne001: 5:14am On Jun 29, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
All this bullshyt.
Lol.
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 29, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
All this bullshyt.

Lol! I have read a lot of your topics, I've come to understand that you're probably on of them maguzawas turned christian and then reverted back to paganism again after you realized (as every sane person should) christianity doesn't make sense. Or maybe you're just a confused historian.
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by AroOkigbo(m): 6:31am On Jun 29, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I guess you are not in Nigeria.
. Would you truly say most of the bombings occured in a mosque?
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Rilwayne001: 8:06am On Jun 29, 2015
AroOkigbo:

Would you truly say most of the bombings occured in a mosque?

Most of the bombing occured in motor parks or targetted at where there are vast numbers of people. And as we all know muslims are much more in northern Nigeria that christian. Therefore, we can savely say christian are only killed when church is attacked while on the other way round, muslim are killed in other remote places. But come to think of it, the casaulty suffered in the Kano mosque bombing is far much more than any church bombing. And at the same time, I don't think there has been any church bombing this year, while there has been about 4 cases of mosque bombing. Potiskum, a muslim dominated area, has been bombed several times, with several casaulties announced.

So therefore, my answer to your question is 'YES'.

2 Likes

Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by AroOkigbo(m): 8:22am On Jun 29, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Most of the bombing occured in motor parks or targetted at where there are vast numbers of people. And as we all know muslims are much more in northern Nigeria that christian. Therefore, we can savely say christian are only killed when church is attacked while on the other way round, muslim are killed in other remote places. But come to think of it, the casaulty suffered in the Kano mosque bombing is far much more than any church bombing. And at the same time, I don't think there has been any church bombing this year, while there has been about 4 cases of mosque bombing. Potiskum, a muslim dominated area, has been bombed several times, with several casaulties announced.

So therefore, my answer to your question is 'YES'.
So sorry to hear.
What a mature response!! Others would have started cursing and accusing me.
But tell me why Islamic bh will kill fellow muslims.
I noticed same thing btw sunni and shai muslims in Iraq.
Why are most terror related acts linked to Islam? And how do you (and other peaceful muslims) feel about it?
Do you think your leaders are doing enough to discourage more muslims from being recruited into terror acts.
Thanks.
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Rilwayne001: 9:29am On Jun 29, 2015
AroOkigbo:

So sorry to hear.
What a mature response!! Others would have started cursing and accusing me.
But tell me why Islamic bh will kill fellow muslims.

That's one the reason why we shouldn't take them serious or tag them as muslims. Boko haram is an idealogy. They believe those who do not agree with their idea is an enemy and deserved to be killed (muslims included). Aside that, their major campaign earlier on was against western-education, which late evolved to the way they are today.

The Quran forbids killing non-combatat, as well as those who do nt oppress us, BH and co. erred from this.

I noticed same thing btw sunni and shai muslims in Iraq.

The 2 are the major denomination in Islam. The split originates in a dispute soon after the death of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) over who should lead the Muslim community.

Members of the two sects have co-existed for centuries and share many fundamental beliefs and practices, until recently, with the emergence of the evil ISIS. ISIS like BH as explained up there is idealogy ready to deal with those who don't agree with their fanatic ideas, hence the reason for the bombing of shia's mosque.

Why are most terror related acts linked to Islam?

Nobody is saying that Islamic terrorism is not a matter of concern, but it's grossly exaggerated. These links should help:

https://www.nairaland.com/1177010/hoaxes-fabrications-islam-muslims

http://islam101.net/index.php/human-rights/terrorism/72-europol-report-all-terrorists-are-muslimsexcept-the-996-that-arent

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/white-people-are-the-biggest-terror-threat-in-the-us-report-finds-10342987.html

And how do you (and other peaceful muslims) feel about it?

I feel bad about it, because they are not doing the will of Allah (SWT), and at the same time, I feel bad about the media who are hell bent on exaggerating news that has to do with a muslims extremist and paying no or less attention to those that are non-muslim (the charlston shooting for example) .

Do you think your leaders are doing enough to discourage more muslims from being recruited into terror acts.
Thanks.

[b] I believe they are doing enough. There has been strong condemnation coming from thousands of clerics against their act, I would have love to supply you with a lot of llinks, but I doubt if you would read them, which in turn is the major reason why most non-muslims thinks the clerics are not doing enough. Theae ones should help though:

https://www.nairaland.com/1843878/shocking-reason-why-muslims-dont

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/islamic-scholar-tells-british-muslims-to-march-for-peace-to-show-they-dont-quietly-condone-terrorism-10349178.html

As per being recruited into ISIS, Bh and co. We all know the join them not because they want to serve God, but because they want to serve themselves with wordly things. We have heared boko haram recruiting their members with about $5000. While huge numbers of young muslims are turning to ISIS because they want SEX, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3126987/Huge-numbers-Muslims-turning-ISIS-want-SEX-reveals-former-Islamist-says-resent-freedoms-Western-youths-have.html Can you imagine such people doing the will of GOd like that? [/b]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
Anas09:
Ah, but there so many ignorant people here. Don't you realize that if what the Op said does not happen, it will make Jesus and Biblical prophecies fraud?
Paul talking to Thimoty says, at the last days, perious times shall come. Many shall FALL AWAY. What does that tell u. Many shall leave the Lord. Believe it or not. When the anti-christ will rule this world, only a fraction of people shall oppose him, because he will have the world on his side.
Imagine me having a sleepless night because the Bible is getting fulfilled in my time. No sir, this tells me that I have not believed in a lie. What prophecies did Mohammed prophecy? How many of them are getting fulfilled? See the spirit of the anti-christ at work and all you r bothered abt is how many christians and Muslims are in the world. We don't go by number. We r not competing over anything. Beside, didn't the Muslim say Jehovah and allah are the same? So why are they happy that they r taking over the world?
And satan said to God "I said shall ascend and sit on the mount, in the side of the north, in the mist of the congregation and be worshipped as God". Satan has his religion. Just check out their activities all over the world. You know a tree by its friuts. The world will have plenty fun by the time Islam takes over. Sorry for u.
When they take overphysicall, by killing, theyshd also fight to take over spiritually. Oh yea, I forgot. They'll be too busy with the virgins.

Some Prophecies Of Muhammad and the Quran.

Batch A

Prophecies from the Qur’an

The triumph of the Byzantines over the Persians

1. The Byzantine and Persian Empires were the super-powers of the time. It was during the years when the few believers were severely persecuted in Makka that the Persians utterly defeated the Byzantines. They had sweeping victories, and conquered Aleppo, Antioch, and the chief Syrian provinces, including Damascus. Jerusalem fell to their arms in 614-615. The Christians were massacred and their churches burnt. The Persian flood of conquest went on to Egypt, and reached as far as Tripoli in North Africa. Another Persian army ravaged Asia Minor and reached right up to the gates of Constantinople. The Makkan pagans rejoiced greatly, and redoubled their taunts and persecution against the Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, whose Message was a renewal of the Message of Jesus preached in Palestine. The following Qur’anic verses, which were revealed just at that time, gave certain tidings of a very near victory of the Romans over the Perisans:

The Romans have been defeated in a land close by, but they, after their defeat, will be victorious, within nine years. God’s is the command in the former case and in the latter, and on that day believers will rejoice, with the help of God. He helps to victory whom He wills. He is the All-Mighty, the All-Compassionate. (al-Rum, 30.1-5)

No one at that time could make such a prediction. But the Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, conveyed these Divine Revelations to his followers. They confirmed him without hesitation and Abu Bakr bet the Makkan polytheists that the Romans would be victorious in nine years. Heraclius, the Roman Emperor attacked the Persians initially by sea in 622 (the year of the Hijra), and after decisive battles and three successive campaigns, put them to rout in a few years. His victories happened at the same time as the believers won the victory of Badr over the Makkan polytheists. Thus the verses above contained two predictions, both of which came true in nine years.

The Qur’an gave the news of the conquest of Makka two years before

2. It was only six years after the Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, had emigrated to Madina that he left for Makka for a minor pilgrimage. However, the Makkans stopped him at Hudaybiya and a peaceful treaty was concluded after negotiations. Some articles of the Treaty were objected to by the believers but the Qur’anic verses which were revealed following the conclusion of the Treaty described it as a manifest victory and gave the believers the decisive glad tiding, which is as follows:

In truth, God fulfilled the vision of His Messenger: You will surely enter the Sacred Mosque, if God wills, in full security; you will have your heads shaved, your hair shortened, and you will have nothing to fear. He knew what you knew not, and He granted, besides this, a near victory. He it is Who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religion. God is enough for a witness. (al-Fath, 48.27–cool

One year later the Muslims performed the minor pilgrimage and the year after they conquered Makka. Also, Islam has been prevalent over all other religions for centuries and, if God wills, it will have a world-wide superiority in a near future.

The Qur’an gave the news that the dead body of Pharaoh would one day be discovered

3. In ancient Egypt, Pharaoh used to torture the Children of Israel. God sent Moses to him with the mission of inviting him to believe in One God and allow the Israelites to leave Egypt with Moses. Pharaoh refused and the struggle between them continued for a long time. However, one night Moses succeeded in marching towards the frontier with his people but Pharaoh, becoming aware of his attempt, set out to follow him. When Moses reached the Red Sea, he touched it with his staff, and a furrow opened across the sea. Pharaoh attempted to follow him, but was engulfed with his legions. While narrating this event, The Qur’an makes a very interesting prediction:

Today We shall preserve your body that you may be a sign to those after you: although most men give no heed to Our signs. (Yunus, 10.92)

The dead body of Pharaoh was later found floating on the Western shores of the Sinai peninsula. The native residents can still show you to this land, which is now known as Jabal Firawn (Hill of Pharaoh). A few miles from this hill is a hot spring called Hammam Firawn (the Bath of Pharaoh).

Promise of Victory

4.The Qur'an says:"Allah has promised to those of you who believe, and do good deeds, that He will surely grant them in the land inheritance of power as He granted it to those before them; that He will establish in authority their religion which He has chosen for them. And that He will change their state after fear to one of security and peace. They will worship Me alone and not associate aught with Me." (24:55) And also: "Say to those who deny faith, soon you will be vanquished." (3:12) and "When comes the help of Allah and Victory, and you see the people enter Allah's religion in multitudes . . ." (110:1-2)

The first verse was revealed at a time of the Muslim's weakness, promising the righteous victory, and the second predicting the peoples entering into Islam in crowds, and so it came to pass, after the capture of Mecca, and in the time of the Caliphs Abu Bakr, 'Umar, 'Uthman and 'Ali, who were from the most pious companions of the Prophet, were established by Allah in the land, defeating the Persian and Roman empires, so that Islam was established from Spain to parts of China in a mere twenty years. This, in part, fulfills another prophecy of the Qur'an: "It is He who has sent the Messenger with guidance, and the religion of truth, to make it triumphant over all religions." (9:32) Christianity, Judaism, paganism have never regained any lasting dominance, physically and intellectually since the coming of Islam. The secular philosophies of communism and capitalism are in the process of being dealt death blows. At the present rate of growth Islam will over take Christianity by 2025 in terms of numbers. See also Qur'an 48:18-21 and 1:13, which promise victory.

Tidings of the Last Day

5. A considerable part of the Qur’an is about the events of the Last Day. The Qur’an describes how the world will be destroyed and re-built again and how the dead will be raised, assembled in the Place of Mustering, and, after being judged, will go to either Paradise or Hell. The Qur’an also gives a vivid description of Paradise and Hell and the life in them.

Examples of the Prophet’s predictions which exist in books of Tradition (hadeeths)

1 ‘Umar reports in a narration recorded in Sahih al-Muslim:

‘Before the Battle of Badr started, God’s Messenger, upon him be peace and blessings, walked around the battlefield and pointed to some locations, saying, Abu Jahl will be killed here, ‘Utba here, Shayba here, Walid here, and so on. By God, we found, after the battle, the dead bodies of all those men in the exact places that God’s Messenger had pointed out.’

While in Makka under great tortures, the Prophet predicted the future victories of Islam

2. Bukhari and Abu Dawud quote Habbab ibn Arat, who said:

Once, during the days of trouble and torture in Makka, I went to God’s Messenger, who was sitting in the shade of the Ka‘ba. I was still a slave in the hands of the Makkans then. They inflicted on me severe tortures. Unable to endure those tortures any more, I requested God’s Messenger to pray to God for help and salvation. But he turned towards me and said:

By God, previous communities had to endure more pitiless tortures. Some of them were made to lie in ditches and cut in two with saws but this did not make them forsake their faith. They were skinned alive but they never became weak against the enemy. Surely God will perfect this religion, but you display undue haste. A day will come when a woman will travel alone by herself from San’a to Hadramawt fearing nothing but wild beasts. However, you show impatience.

Habbab concluded:

By God, what God’s Messenger predicted that day, have all come true. I have personally witnessed it all.

The Messenger predicted ‘Ammar’s martyrdom in a civil war

3. Bukhari, Muslim and Ahmad ibn Hanbal record:

During the construction of the Prophet’s Mosque in Madina, God’s Messenger, upon him be peace and blessings, told ‘Ammar:

What a pity O ‘Ammar, a rebellious group will kill you.

‘Ammar was killed in the Battle of Siffin by the supporters of Mu‘awiya, who rebelled against Caliph ‘Ali.

The Prophet foretold that Fatima would join him first of all after his death

4. Before his death, the Messenger called his daughter Fatima to his bedside and informed her that she would be the first among his family to join him after his death. Fatima joined her father, the pride of mankind, six months later.

The Prophet predicted the Mongol invasion

5. The Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, predicted the Mongol invasion, saying:

The Hour will not come before you fight against a people with red faces, small, slant eyes and flat noses. They wear hairy leather boots.

The Messenger predicted the caliphate of Abu Bakr and ‘Umar

6. As related by Hakim, Tirmidhi, Ibn Hanbal and Ibn Maja, by repeatedly declaring, You should, after my death, follow the way of Abu Bakr and ‘Umar, the Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, meant that Abu Bakr and ‘Umar would succeed him as caliphs. He also predicted that Abu Bakr’s reign would be short, whereas ‘Umar would remain longer to be able to make many conquests.

The Prophet predicted the conquest of many important cities

7. According to authentic narrations, the Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, gave his community the glad tidings that they would conquer Damascus, Jerusalem, Iraq, Persia, Istanbul (Constantinople) and Cyprus, and that the religion of Islam would reach as far as the remotest corners of the world in the east and west.

The Prophet predicted the forms of government after him

8. The Prophet declared:

This affair began with Prophethood and as a mercy; then it will be mercy and Caliphate; afterwards it will change into a cruel monarchy, and finally into an iniquity and tyranny. He also prophesied: Surely, the Caliphate after me will last thirty years; afterwards it will a cruel monarchy.

Whatever the noble Prophet predicted came true.

The Prophet predicted the caliphate and martyrdom of ‘Uthman

9. According to an authentic narration, the Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, declared:

‘Uthman will be killed while reading the Qur’an. God will dress him in a shirt but they will desire to remove it from him.

By this saying, he meant that ‘Uthman would become Caliph but his deposition would be sought, and finally he would be martyred while reading the Qur’an. This happened exactly as he predicted.

The Prophet foretold the future victories of Sa‘d

10. As narrated in a authentic Tradition, the noble Prophet of God, upon him be peace and blessings, said to Sa‘d ibn Abi Waqqas when the latter was gravely ill:

It is hoped that you will be spared so that some people may benefit through you and some others be harmed through you.

By this, he suggested that Sa‘d would be a great commander and make many conquests, and while many peoples would benefit from him by converting to Islam, many others would be harmed through him as a result of the collapse of their states.

Sa‘d, just as predicted by the holy Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, took the command of the Muslim armies and destroyed the Persian Sassanid Empire, bringing many peoples within the guidance of Islam.

The Prophet predicted the conquest of Cyprus

11. Once, when the Prophet woke up in the house of Umm Haram, the aunt of Anas ibn Malik, who served the Messenger for ten years in Madina, he smilingly said:

I dreamt that my community would be waging war in the sea sitting on thrones like kings.

Umm Haram asked: ‘Pray that I too may be with them’. He said firmly: You shall be.

All this came true forty years later when Umm Haram accompanied her husband ‘Ubada ibn Samit, on the conquest of Cyprus. She died there, and her tomb has since been a visited place.

The Prophet predicted the appearance of Mukhtar and Hajjaj

12. According to an authentic narration, the Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, declared:

From the tribe of Thaqif will appear a liar who claims Prophethood and a blood-thirsty tyrant.

By this, he gave tidings of the notorious Mukhtar, who claimed Prophethood, and the criminal Hajjaj, who killed tens of thousands of people.

The Prophet predicted the conquest of Istanbul

13. Again, according to an authentic narration, the Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, declared:

Surely, Constantinople (Istanbul) will be conquered (by my community); how blessed the commander who will conquer it, and how blessed his army.

He thus foretold the conquest of Istanbul by Muslims, and indicated the high spiritual rank of Sultan Mehmed, the Conqueror, and the virtuousness of his army. What he foretold took place centuries later.
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
Anas09:
Ah, but there so many ignorant people here. Don't you realize that if what the Op said does not happen, it will make Jesus and Biblical prophecies fraud?
Paul talking to Thimoty says, at the last days, perious times shall come. Many shall FALL AWAY. What does that tell u. Many shall leave the Lord. Believe it or not. When the anti-christ will rule this world, only a fraction of people shall oppose him, because he will have the world on his side.
Imagine me having a sleepless night because the Bible is getting fulfilled in my time. No sir, this tells me that I have not believed in a lie. What prophecies did Mohammed prophecy? How many of them are getting fulfilled? See the spirit of the anti-christ at work and all you r bothered abt is how many christians and Muslims are in the world. We don't go by number. We r not competing over anything. Beside, didn't the Muslim say Jehovah and allah are the same? So why are they happy that they r taking over the world?
And satan said to God "I said shall ascend and sit on the mount, in the side of the north, in the mist of the congregation and be worshipped as God". Satan has his religion. Just check out their activities all over the world. You know a tree by its friuts. The world will have plenty fun by the time Islam takes over. Sorry for u.
When they take overphysicall, by killing, theyshd also fight to take over spiritually. Oh yea, I forgot. They'll be too busy with the virgins.

Batch B

Prophecies made by Muhammad about the last day

The Prophet mentioned that there would be signs forewarning the approach of the last day.

a. The barefooted bedouins competing in building tall buildings. Today we find in the Arabian Peninsula, the Arabs who used to be impoverished herders of camels and sheep, are competing in building the tallest tower blocks. Two of the latest examples are Kingdom Center in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and Al Faisaliah Center in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (see http://skyscraperpage.com/new/kingdomcenter.htm, http://skyscraperpage.com/new/alfaisaliahcenter.htm)

b. The Mosques would be like palaces. This is clearly the case, even though the Prophet ordered simplicity in the houses of Allah, the mosques have become more and more fantastic, with golden domes, marbled floors, lavish carpets and chandeliers. (see http://home.mweb.co.za/ka/kayef/images/masjinabi.jpg)

c. Disappearance of trustworthiness, so much so that one would only be able to say: "I know a trustworthy person in such-and-such town."

d. The increase in killing, so that the one who kills does not know why he killed, and the one killed does not know why he was killed. I was recently sent an article from the Washington Post about the rise of gang warfare. Part of the initiation ceremony was for a new gang member(some times as young as eleven) to shoot someone. The second highest cause of death from fifteen to thirty five in the US are gun related. The massacre of civilians in the Vietnam War by American troops who had little idea why they were there, and the increase of such conflicts, is further illustration of the fulfillment of this prophecy. As are the rise of insane mass murders, of children killing children, such as Jamie Bulger.

e. The increase of the use of riba (usury/interest) so that no one will able to escape being tainted by it. This clearly the state of the world economy today.

f. The enemies of the Muslims dividing the Muslim's wealth and lands between them, the Muslims abandoning jihad, and concerning themselves only with the worldly matters. We have already mentioned this.

g. The increase of literacy.

h. The decrease of religious knowledge due to the disappearance of scholars.

i. The increase of musical instruments, and the Muslims making it lawful even though the Prophet has forbidden them.

j. The increase of sexual promiscuity, and new diseases that people had not herd of before spreading amongst them as a consequence of that. This is clear, with the arrival of AIDS, and other previously unheard of viruses.

k. Appearance of Dajjals (liars), each claiming to be a Messenger of Allah, while Muhammad is the last messenger. There are numerous examples of this, starting with Musailima, who arose in the time of the Prophet, just before his death, to more modern liars such as Elija Muhammad, founder of the Black American racist movement "The Nation of Islam", and India's pretender Gulam Ahmed of Qadian.

l. unclothedness of women while still being dressed and people copulating like donkeys in public. Obviously a direct reference to soft and hard-core pornography, which has become a dark stain on our society in recent times.

m. The drinking of wine becoming common, and the Muslims making it lawful by calling it another name.

n. Shouting in the mosques and lack of unity.

o. The worst and most ignorant will become leaders and they will be oppressors. Bill Clinton, saddam Hussain and majority of worlds Leaders are prime examples.

p. A man will obey his wife and disobey his mother, and treat his friends kindly and shun his father.

q. Men will wear silk and gold, and the making of it lawful by the Muslims even though the Prophet had forbidden it for the men of his 'Ummah (nation).

r. People will abandon the religion for a small worldly gain, and keeping to the religion will be like holding two hot coals.

And say: "Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood
is (by its nature) bound to perish." (Qur’an 17.81)
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
Anas09:

The prophet (saw) said:
"Indeed Allah gathered up the earth for me so that I saw its east and its west; and indeed the dominion of my Ummah will reach what was what was gathered up for me from it." [Related by Muslim (8/171), Abu Dawud (no. 4252) and others, from Thawban radhiallahu 'anhu]

And he also said:
"This affair will reach what is reached by the night and the day; and Allah will not leave a dwelling of brick, nor fur, except that Allah will cause this Din to enter it - bringing honour or humiliation. Honour which Allah gives to Islam and humiliation which Allah will give to disbelief." [Sahih: Related by Ahmad (4/103), Ibn Hibban in his Sahih (no. 1631) and others. Shaykh Al­-Albani authenticated it in Tahdhirus­-Sajid (p. 118)]

I like your name btw.
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by AroOkigbo(m): 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
Rilwayne001:

That's one the reason why we shouldn't take them serious or tag them as muslims. Boko haram is an idealogy. They believe those who do not agree with their idea is an enemy and deserved to be killed (muslims included). Aside that, their major campaign earlier on was against western-education, which late evolved to the way they are today.

The Quran forbids killing non-combatat, as well as those who do nt oppress us, BH and co. erred from this.

The 2 are the major denomination in Islam. The split originates in a dispute soon after the death of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) over who should lead the Muslim community.

Members of the two sects have co-existed for centuries and share many fundamental beliefs and practices, until recently, with the emergence of the evil ISIS. ISIS like BH as explained up there is idealogy ready to deal with those who don't agree with their fanatic ideas, hence the reason for the bombing of shia's mosque.

Nobody is saying that Islamic terrorism is not a matter of concern, but it's grossly exaggerated. These links should help:

https://www.nairaland.com/1177010/hoaxes-fabrications-islam-muslims

http://islam101.net/index.php/human-rights/terrorism/72-europol-report-all-terrorists-are-muslimsexcept-the-996-that-arent

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/white-people-are-the-biggest-terror-threat-in-the-us-report-finds-10342987.html

I feel bad about it, because they are not doing the will of Allah (SWT), and at the same time, I feel bad about the media who are hell bent on exaggerating news that has to do with a muslims extremist and paying no or less attention to those that are non-muslim (the charlston shooting for example) .

[b] I believe they are doing enough. There has been strong condemnation coming from thousands of clerics against their act, I would have love to supply you with a lot of llinks, but I doubt if you would read them, which in turn is the major reason why most non-muslims thinks the clerics are not doing enough. Theae ones should help though:

https://www.nairaland.com/1843878/shocking-reason-why-muslims-dont

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/islamic-scholar-tells-british-muslims-to-march-for-peace-to-show-they-dont-quietly-condone-terrorism-10349178.html

As per being recruited into ISIS, Bh and co. We all know the join them not because they want to serve God, but because they want to serve themselves with wordly things. We have heared boko haram recruiting their members with about $5000. While huge numbers of young muslims are turning to ISIS because they want SEX, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3126987/Huge-numbers-Muslims-turning-ISIS-want-SEX-reveals-former-Islamist-says-resent-freedoms-Western-youths-have.html Can you imagine such people doing the will of GOd like that? [/b]
Thanks for your intelligent response. I have just realised that I've deviated from the original poster who tried to be reluctant to say it as is.
I like Muslims of your type. ..some will not be able to write without insults.
I am a christian and have friends who are good muslims.
I do sympathise with them over the activities of these extremists who give your religion a bad name.
Be of good cheer and continue to preach in a peaceful manner knowing full well that crime does not have a religion. Afterall who, in his or her right mind, doesn't want a peaceful and prosperous earth to live in?
Christianity may not have suicide bombers tied to it yet there are other crimes that are more common among individuals who profess the christian faith even though the perpetrators may not align it with the religion (drawing inspiration from the holy Bible).
May God bless you and yours.
#EDITED#

1 Like

Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Rilwayne001: 8:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
AroOkigbo:

Thanks for your intelligent response. I have just realised that I've deviated from the original poster who tried to be reluctant to say it as is.
I like Muslims of your type. ..some will not be able to write without insults.
I am a christian and have friends who are good muslims.
I do sympathise with them over the activities of these extremists who give your religion a bad name.
Be of good cheer and continue to preach in a peaceful manner knowing full well that crime does not have a religion.
Christianity may not have suicide bombers tied to it yet there are other crimes that are more common among indivoduals within the christian faith even though the perpetrators may not align it with the religion (drawing inspiration from the holy Bible).
May God bless you and yours.

Amin.

Peace be upon you dear brother. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Anas09: 12:20am On Jun 30, 2015
Crusadistic. Sorry to disappoint you. But am not just sitting down folding my hands doing nothing. You know, am a christian and not a Muslim. Fulfilment of these prophecies are very paramount to me. I pray, oh, I pray for Christ to return. Do u know my joy? Like I always say, I may not make it when he comes for His Church, but when judgement comes, no one will escape. The dead from Abel the first dead human shall arise and those who r alive shall all stand for themselves.
Satan did a good job plagiarising the bible, don't worry, we know that Mohammed is an anti-christ's agent, how do I know? He kills anyone who recognise Jesus as the Son of God, that's how.
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Nobody: 5:30am On Jun 30, 2015
AroOkigbo:

Yeah well no offense, but most of the christians on this forum aren't as understanding as you are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Nobody: 6:03am On Jun 30, 2015
Anas09:
Crusadistic. Sorry to disappoint you. But am not just sitting down folding my hands doing nothing. You know, am a christian and not a Muslim. Fulfilment of these prophecies are very paramount to me. I pray, oh, I pray for Christ to return. Do u know my joy? Like I always say, I may not make it when he comes for His Church, but when judgement comes, no one will escape. The dead from Abel the first dead human shall arise and those who r alive shall all stand for themselves.
Satan did a good job plagiarising the bible, don't worry, we know that Mohammed is an anti-christ's agent, how do I know? He kills anyone who recognise Jesus as the Son of God, that's how.

Did you read the prophecies? Can we say your claim that Muhammad never made any valid prophecies has been debunked. Also, I even more than you await the return of Jesus (pbuh), and indeed, none shall escape judgement.

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you as a just ruler, he will break the cross, kill the pigs, and abolish the Jizya tax. Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it (as charitable gifts)."

—Narrated by Abu Huraira.

O mankind, fear your Lord and fear a Day when no father will avail his son, nor will a son avail his father at all. Indeed, the promise of Allah is truth, so let not the worldly life delude you and be not deceived about Allah by the Deceiver. Quran 31:33

Yusuf Ali: Allah! There is no god but He: of a surety He will gather you together against the Day of Judgment, about which there is no doubt. And whose word can be truer than Allah's? Quran 4:87

And for you.
Yusuf Ali
Mocked were (many) messengers before thee; but their scoffers were hemmed in by the thing that they mocked. Quran 6:10

Those who annoy Allah and His Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this World and in the Hereafter, and has prepared for them a humiliating Punishment.
— Quran 33:57

Pickthall
Beautified is the life of the world for those who disbelieve; they make a jest of the believers. But those who keep their duty to Allah will be above them on the Day of Resurrection. Allah giveth without stint to whom He will. Quran 2:212
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by AroOkigbo(m): 8:47am On Jun 30, 2015
DravenCreighton:

Yeah well no offense, but most of the christians on this forum aren't as understanding as you are.
That's exactly why you should be willing to educate them...say things as they are. ..no holds barred...not trying to justify one negative action because of another.
It makes one feel you are sympathetic to an unjust cause.
Dat a pastor raped a young girl should not make you defend an imam who committed a similar crime.
And thanks for the compliment. I still believe a peaceful and prosperous world is achievable. Before religion, we are first HUMANS.
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
AroOkigbo:

That's exactly why you should be willing to educate them...say things as they are. ..no holds barred...not trying to justify one negative action because of another.
It makes one feel you are sympathetic to an unjust cause.
Dat a pastor raped a young girl should not make you defend an imam who committed a similar crime.
And thanks for the compliment. I still believe a peaceful and prosperous world is achievable. Before religion, we are first HUMANS.

Willingness to educate goes hand in hand with the students willingness to learn, I'm sure the reason you said this is Because you're new to the religious section, they don't want to learn, they just love spewing insults on us. But people like rilwayne001 try their best.

1 Like

Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by AroOkigbo(m): 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
DravenCreighton:

Willingness to educate goes hand in hand with the students willingness to learn, I'm sure the reason you said this is Because you're new to the religious section, they don't want to learn, they just love spewing insults on us. But people like rilwayne001 try their best.
You are right, my first time going deep in the religious section. Learnt from a friend dat it's as easy to get banned by some overzealous mods here.
But don't forget dat perseverance remains the key in spite of whatever insults. How you respond to "those insults" matters. Those who will learn will learn.
Even pagans know how to decipher wrong from good... how much more any organised religion.
We all are humans before we are Christians or Muslims or pagans...etc.
One thing is sure...last day... accounts of our earthy lifes...judgement...reward (good or bad)
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by jcross19: 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
I study islam and I discovered there is no truth in them their news are fake, if the whole world become muslims it never change the truth. Muslims has highest propaganda news . Even one of them told me today that americans are boko harams and isis . Na wah for them. Soon when the bombing is too much the wolrd will unite together to wipe them off and that will bring the third world war.
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
AroOkigbo:

Even pagans know how to decipher wrong from good... how much more any organised religion.
We all are humans before we are Christians or Muslims or pagans...etc.
One thing is sure...last day... accounts of our earthy lifes...judgement...reward (good or bad)

There is no last day in Paganism. one reaps what he/she sows immediately, either in this life or the aftermath.

3 Likes

Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

There is no last day in Paganism. one reaps what he/she sows immediately, either in this life or the aftermath.

This is your pagan concept.
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by AroOkigbo(m): 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Are you for real...lol
@your username
Anyway, what I mean by last day here is that period where the obvious transition from "this life to the aftermath" occurs...in otherwords...death.
Pagan9ja, pls educate me about this religion called "paganism".
Would the contemporary native doctors be your members?
Re: Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. by Anas09: 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
@dravebcreighton.
What's the essence of this lengthy copy and past? Answer my qustions with ur senses since you are in a religion you are sure of. What is a prophecy? Lol. About the byzantine and the persians, was it a prediction by mohammed or prophecy? Talking about the body of Pharoah? The same pharaoh who persecuted the Jews? Mohammed prophesied abt him? From Moses to Jesus, how many generations? From Jesus to mohammed, how many generations? You mean mohamed prophesied abt that same pharaoh. WONDERS.
Now, pls answer this. Go straight to the point, no copy and past.
1). What did Mohammed say he was going after his dead? Jesus knew and told his followers what will happen concerning how he will suffer, die and then on the third day resurrect. And he said, I go to my father. John 16:5. Jesus knew. What abt mohammed?
2). Jesus made a promise to His followers. He said he will go and prepare a place and then come back to take his followers so that where he will be, there they Will also be.
What did mohammed promise his followers? Eternal erection to shag 72 virgins whose breast will never slag?
3). Christians have a lively hope of their saviour returning for them, will mohammed return? And as what? What will mohammeds role be at resurrection?
And how come allah talked only to mohammed and stopped. My jehovah talks to me, does allah talk to u?
Pls no copy and past.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

** Religious Intolerance In Nigeria- Who Is Culpable?? ** / The Crusades: Christianity's Violent Past / The God Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.