Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . (17470 Views)

Chief Justice Of Nigeria Berates Buhari In Face-to-face Meeting At Aso Rock / Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by PhockPhockMan: 5:03am On Jun 25, 2015

Political action group that promotes democracy and good governance, Move on Nigeria, has faulted the recent claims by President Muhammadu Buhari that he inherited empty treasury from President Goodluck Jonathan.
In a statement released to the press in Lagos and signed by its National Coordinator, Mr. Clem Aguiyi, the group described the statement as misleading and uncharitable and wondered why the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led government would continue to lie on virtually every issue.

Aguiyi challenged the president to rise above partisan politics by making public the handover notes he received the same way President Jonathan publicised the PWC report on the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) so that the world would know how empty the treasury is.

In faulting the claims made by President Buhari Aguiyi said the former administration as at May 29 left behind the sum of US$29billion in Foreign Reserve and $2billion in SWF, adding that the sum would have been higher if not the governors’ insistence led by then Governor Rotimi Amaechi the factional Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) and Buhari’s campaign DG on sharing the fund.

The group decried the desperation of the ruling party and the respected president to criminalise President Jonathan and paint him as a plunderer and looter of the nation’s treasury before the generality of Nigerians.

Buhari reportedly said he inherited a virtually empty treasury and that it was adding a disgrace that Nigeria cannot pay salaries of its workforce.
Expressing his dismay over the president’s statement, Aguiyi described the claim as a blatant lie “unscientific and unfair,” stressing that the immediate past administration “left behind over US$30billion.”

He called on Buhari to also tell Nigerians how much Jonathan inherited from the Yar’Adua administration and how much Umaru Musa Yar’Adua inherited from the Olusegun Obasanjo regime.

He said: “The APC government at the center today can’t tell us that there is no Excess Crude Account (ECA), Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF) or are we saying the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIR) and related agencies had not in the last one month been generating revenue?

“Until they are able to prove they had no receipts from these government agencies in the last one month before Nigerians can now buy into their frivolous claims of an empty treasury.”

He recalled that under the Jonathan’s administration, Nigeria was rated the largest economy in Africa and 26th largest in the world, querying how come such a government would leave behind an empty treasury.

He said: “Money made by government is meant to be spent, and that was what the immediate past administration did responsibly.

Aguiyi also dismissed as fallacious the claim by the APC and their hirelings that Jonathan sold an oil block for $1.85billion and remitted only $100million. In dismissing the claim he said it is verifiable that the Jonathan’s administration did not sale a single oil bloc in its entire six years which put a lie to the allegation that he sold an oil block at all. The only oil bloc attended to by the administration was the block ceded to NPDC by NNPC. Being a government agency dealing with a sister agency , NPDC was mandated to pay book value of the bloc which they already begun to pay under Jonathan’s watch.

According to Aguiyi, whatever debt incurred by the administration in its effort to safeguard the territorial integrity of Nigeria was justified because for six years Boko Haram tormented Nigeria which increased our defense and military spending yet under Jonathan, Nigeria became the largest Africa economy and 26 in the world amidst deadly security challenges and dwindling international prices of oil. In spite of all these, the federal government never owed salary.

He challenged President Buhari to name the federal agency where salaries are owed as at the date he became president.

“The inability of some 22 states to pay salaries has nothing to do with President Jonathan as it is left for each state of the federation to set her priorities and manage her finances. President Jonathan was not a military Head of State and has no business controlling the purse of any state.

“Instead of states under the control of APC to pursue the noble ideals of social order, the governors were busy collecting jumbo pays and allowances, huge security votes, buying private jets and accumulating debts beyond their capacity. Incidentally these were the same states that resisted every caution to save for the rainy day.

“The government should do well to ask the governors what happened to the money they received from the Federation Account.

“Upon inception of Jonathan’s administration, it is on record that the price of oil at the global stage was over $100 do per barrel and at the close of the administration, it dropped to $46. Yet, there wasn’t collapse of government and federal civil servants were paid as at when due.

“It will be misleading therefore for Buhari and indeed the ruling APC to claim to have met an empty treasury.”

“We insists that President Buhari should publish for public consumption and scrutiny Jonathan’s handover notes or better still face the job of presidency and quit using every excuse to attack and demonise his predecessor.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/group-berates-buhari-on-empty-treasury-demands-publication-of-jonathan-s-handover-notes/213030/

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by natas22: 5:07am On Jun 25, 2015
A man who kindly left the seat of power so that common Nigerians won't be consumed by pro election violence, the same man you are telling me emptied the treasury. I don't believe it its what the military will call bloody lie.

Long live Ebele GoodLuck Jonathan. We will always be indebted to you THANK YOU.
www.

224 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by drake2(m): 5:15am On Jun 25, 2015
Nevermind the dullards. Born to rule morons, lying cows!

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Sibrah: 5:23am On Jun 25, 2015
Virtually empty or empty treasury which one is the malnourished group aiming at? Buhari should buy them nutritional supplements and save the populace megabyte wasted reading such retarded news.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by conyema12(m): 5:28am On Jun 25, 2015
Am sorry to say that APC as a Party was built on the foundation of lies.
Such a party will not stand the test of time.
This can be seen in the present day House of Assembly.

Most of their assertions are deceitful. I know the previous administration did carry out some level of financial recklessness. However l feel APC should be more objective in their publicity and claims.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by ascaris(m): 5:31am On Jun 25, 2015
I hardly believe anything from APC. Most people have been scammed by this party and yet some of us here on NL will keep pretending. After NASS crisis Nigerians will go on protest if the N5000 promised them is not met.
Bunch of greedy liers led by lier Mohammed who himself have been scammed! You notice he hardly talk this days?

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by modath(f): 5:35am On Jun 25, 2015
conyema12:
Am sorry to say that APC as a Party was built on the foundation of lies.
Such a party will not stand the test of time.
This can be seen in the present day House of Assembly.
Most of their assertions are deceitful.I know the previous administration did carry out some level of financial recklessness. However l feel APC should be more objective in their publicity and claims.

You KNOW the bolded but are still accusing APC of lies & asking for objectivity

Nigerians be flip flopping since 15 BC!!

The outgone govt did this country a great disservice & the pussyfooting in order to avoid the "persecution/ witch hunting" tag is not doing the new govt or Nigerians any favour.

We ALL know the thieves & where they are.

Did you think the latest CBN's move of asking importers to go to the BM for their forex needs was done to spite them? Its a no way out move cos the treasury is near empty & there is almost nothing to defend Naira.

16 Likes

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 25, 2015
Enough of the tirades. Do we have money to pay salaries now; pay fuel importers, pay contractors, etc? If we don't, the treasury is empty. Simple.

10 Likes

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:04am On Jun 25, 2015
saTANoids are yet to answer how a government that now claims to have money in its reserve borrowed, not for infrastructure, but to pay salaries.

God bless the President.

12 Likes

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by helpee(m): 6:22am On Jun 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
saTANoids are yet to answer how a government that now claims to have money in its reserve borrowed, not for infrastructure, but to pay salaries.

God bless the President.
all these your TAN this, TAN that is becoming stale. Ask yourself this question ist, why can't aregbesola borrow? You need to be credit worthy for banks to borrow you money. If FG was expecting money in 2weeks time and they felt as a responsible Govt they couldn't wait till that time to pay their workers they could borrow money. Poor people like you don't know you need to be rich to be able to borrow money. In fact, if you want a bank loan, you will prove you don't need a loan. If you need a loan of one million they will make sure you are worth 3 million. That explains why aregbesola can't borrow...he is broke with an empty treasury. you get it? I know you won't. Oya call me a satanoid and abuse me as usual

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by helpee(m): 6:26am On Jun 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

God bless the President.
tale. Ask yourself this question ist, why can't aregbesola borrow? You need to be credit worthy for banks to borrow you money. If FG was expecting money in 2weeks time and they felt as a responsible Govt they couldn't wait till that time to pay their workers they could borrow money. Poor people like you don't know you need to be rich to be able to borrow money. In fact, if you want a bank loan, you will prove you don't need a loan. If you need a loan of one million they will make sure you are worth 3 million. That explains why aregbesola can't borrow...he is broke with an empty treasury. you get it? I know you won't. Oya call me a satanoid and abuse me as usual

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:28am On Jun 25, 2015
helpee:
all these your TAN this, TAN that is becoming stale. Ask yourself this question ist, why can't aregbesola borrow? You need to be credit worthy for banks to borrow you money. If FG was expecting money in 2weeks time and they felt as a responsible Govt they couldn't wait till that time to pay their workers they could borrow money. Poor people like you don't know you need to be rich to be able to borrow money. In fact, if you want a bank loan, you will prove you don't need a loan. If you need a loan of one million they will make sure you are worth 3 million. That explains why aregbesola can't borrow...he is broke with an empty treasury. you get it? I know you won't. Oya call me a satanoid and abuse me as usual
E ma lo f'ose yi mi o! Didn't Okonjo-Iweala insist our economy was okay?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by helpee(m): 6:33am On Jun 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

E ma lo f'ose yi mi o! Didn't Okonjo-Iweala insist our economy was okay?
please now....ma fi ose yi ara re. Orlando owoh was smarter than this. Read this again and if you still don't realise like Okonjo Iweala rightly said that you need a good ECONOMY to be able to BORROW which makes America the country with the strongest economy and largest debt profile at the same time then I give up.......tale. Ask yourself this question ist, why can't aregbesola borrow? You need to be credit worthy for banks to borrow you money. If FG was expecting money in 2weeks time and they felt as a responsible Govt they couldn't wait till that time to pay their workers they could borrow money. Poor people like you don't know you need to be rich to be able to borrow money. In fact, if you want a bank loan, you will prove you don't need a loan. If you need a loan of one million they will make sure you are worth 3 million. That explains why aregbesola can't borrow...he is broke with an empty treasury. you get it? I know you won't. Oya call me a satanoid and abuse me as usual

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:36am On Jun 25, 2015
helpee:
please now....ma fi ose yi ara re. Orlando owoh was smarter than this. Read this again and if you still don't realise like Okonjo Iweala rightly said that you need a good ECONOMY to be able to BORROW which makes America the country with the strongest economy and largest debt profile at the same time then I give up.......tale. Ask yourself this question ist, why can't aregbesola borrow? You need to be credit worthy for banks to borrow you money. If FG was expecting money in 2weeks time and they felt as a responsible Govt they couldn't wait till that time to pay their workers they could borrow money. Poor people like you don't know you need to be rich to be able to borrow money. In fact, if you want a bank loan, you will prove you don't need a loan. If you need a loan of one million they will make sure you are worth 3 million. That explains why aregbesola can't borrow...he is broke with an empty treasury. you get it? I know you won't. Oya call me a satanoid and abuse me as usual
Go read the analysis of Oby Ezekwesili, where she took one of the dumbskulls Jonathan surrounded himself with, to the cleaners.

2 Likes

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by helpee(m): 6:42am On Jun 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Go read the analysis of Oby Ezekwesili, where she took one of the dumbskulls Jonathan surrounded himself with, to the cleaners.
I don't need the analysis of any oby. This is simple economics. Tell oby to analyse if for aregbesola so that aregbesola can use the analysis to borrow and pay debt. I am a businessman and I know if you need a good loan you must prove you don't need the loan by showing the bank you are worth more than the loan. The FG must be worth more than the money they borrowed

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 25, 2015
natas22:
A man who kindly left the seat of power so that common Nigerians won't be consumed by pro election violence, the same man you are telling me emptied the treasury. I don't believe it its what the military will call bloody lie.

Long live thief Ebele GoodLuck Jonathan. i will always be indebted to you THANK YOU.
www.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Elueme: 6:46am On Jun 25, 2015
This President Buhari is not only deceptive but a blantant liar. No wonder they say Nigerian politics comes with disappearing personal honour...what an oxymoron.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by natas22: 6:55am On Jun 25, 2015
author=kastonkastrol post=35124949]
Lmao grin
www.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by frankyychiji(f): 7:14am On Jun 25, 2015
At 72, there is little I can do as a president! But at 72, I can lie and a corpse would rise in shocking disbelief!

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Bobbystanley(m): 7:22am On Jun 25, 2015
Thats what u get when u have President Buhari as president

9 Likes

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by TechRev: 7:25am On Jun 25, 2015
President Buhari of Daura has already stolen what was handed over to him. And now claims treasury is empty. No wonder he refused to declare assets.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 25, 2015
kITATITA:
Enough of the tirades. Do we have money to pay salaries now; pay fuel importers, pay contractors, etc? If we don't, the treasury is empty. Simple.

Are u just trying to make sure u comment?

Nigeria federal government does not owe any worker n they have been paying contractors , fuel importers n all what not.

If to u over 30 billion dollars means an empty treasury, Den ur strictly on ur own.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 25, 2015
n faulting the claims made by President Buhari Aguiyi said the former administration as at May 29 left behind the sum of US$29billion in Foreign Reserve and $2billion in SWF, adding that the sum would have been higher if not the governors’ insistence led by then Governor Rotimi Amaechi the factional Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) and Buhari’s campaign DG on sharing the fund.
Buhari is a clown. How can he say treasury is empty when we have $30b external reserve and $2b in ECA/SWF? What concerns the FG with states being unable to pay salaries? Is that Jonathan's fault? How can Buhari say FG are owed when all workers have been paid? Buhari has no clue. How hac he say Jonathan sold oil bloc for over $1b but only remitted $100m when no oil bloc was sold during GEJ's tenure? Buhari is very insincere

36 Likes

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by disloman(m): 8:03am On Jun 25, 2015
barcanista:
Buhari is a clown. How can he say treasury is empty when we have $30b external reserve and $2b in ECA/SWF? What concerns the FG with states being unable to pay salaries? Is that Jonathan's fault? How can Buhari say FG are owed when all workers have been paid? Buhari has no clue. How hac he say Jonathan sold oil bloc for over $1b but only remitted $100m when no oil bloc was sold during GEJ's tenure? Buhari is very insincere
U don't wanna learn.

3 Likes

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by MizMyColi(f): 8:06am On Jun 25, 2015
Waow.
So Saint Buhari Lies Too?

This is interesting...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by 1bunne4lif(m): 8:08am On Jun 25, 2015
Let him provide hand over notes!

7 Likes

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by MizMyColi(f): 8:11am On Jun 25, 2015
conyema12:
I know the previous administration did carry out some level of financial recklessness. However l feel APC should be more objective in their publicity and claims.

This is my stand too!
Absolving the GEJ led admin from any guilt is akin to saying my foot has never touched water.

But making these spurious and controvertible claims?

I have one word advice for APC....CHANGE!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Flets: 8:16am On Jun 25, 2015
Buhari is an absolute fraud...... his choice of words are very deceptive, cunny and a distraction from reality. This he chooses to avert saying things as they are

He said 'I have at least 1 million in my account' even when he could have said I am worth 1 billion in cash/ properties and still be correct.

What does 'I met the federation account virtually empty mean'? How much is virtually empty? How much was he expecting in the account?........ why can't he simply say he met $30billion and allow Nigerians judge if its empty or not?

Buhari is more corrupt than most and his statements have been selling him out.

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by SUBMARINE: 8:18am On Jun 25, 2015
helpee:
tale. Ask yourself this question ist, why can't aregbesola borrow? You need to be credit worthy for banks to borrow you money. If FG was expecting money in 2weeks time and they felt as a responsible Govt they couldn't wait till that time to pay their workers they could borrow money. Poor people like you don't know you need to be rich to be able to borrow money. In fact, if you want a bank loan, you will prove you don't need a loan. If you need a loan of one million they will make sure you are worth 3 million. That explains why aregbesola can't borrow...he is broke with an empty treasury. you get it? I know you won't. Oya call me a satanoid and abuse me as usual

You finished that financial illiterate.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Jesusloveyou: 8:42am On Jun 25, 2015
barcanista:
are u not tired for this ur fooolishness? how can u be equating foreign reserve with what gej claim he save? Or is it gej that save d $30b in d treasury, how can he deplete d treasury from $47b to $30b, and he wil stil be claiming,he left $30b, are u d one that kept d $30b there. Instead to hear that u have increase our treasury, from $47b to $67b.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Bonapart(m): 11:10am On Jun 25, 2015
It's very clear that this present government has no peanut to offer... they even have to lay their foundation with lies which means they're doom to fail
No be only empty treasury na coconut treasury
Kai chanji is sweeti o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by synergycom19: 11:11am On Jun 25, 2015
Rubbish this guys needs to go do something better for themselves

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home / 2023: Dankwambo, Wike, Fayose Move To Woo Goje Back To PDP / APC Postpones Screening Of Presidential Aspirants Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.